PDA

View Full Version : Whatever goes up... (GFawkes's Campaign)

GFawkes
2010-01-10, 02:55 PM
The group is travelling on the continent of Krth (pronounced kurth), after leaving the town of Feldri, bound for A'kiyrr. Along the way, you see a building. A tattered sign in the front names it 'The Dying Cleric'. What do you do?

BobElliot
2010-01-10, 03:04 PM
As a habit, Fler refreshes his invocations that can be (Spiderwalk, Entropic Warding).
He mentions to the other two (Sienna color for his speech):
I wonder whats in here. Wanna check it out?

Temotei
2010-01-10, 03:11 PM
Sure. Seems like the place to be.

Tyberius' expression belies his true feelings.

GFawkes
2010-01-10, 03:25 PM
You enter The Dying Cleric. It appears to be an inn with very bad business going on. You see four round tables, one of which has three old men talking about something. The innkeeper leans despondently on the counter, hes obviously seen better days. In the far corner, you can make out the a large figure with a rapier at its side. With each step you take, dust rises from the creaking floorboards.

Temotei
2010-01-10, 03:33 PM
Tyberius walks up to the innkeeper.

Greetings, good sir. My name is Tyberius, and these are my allies and friends. You look a little tired. Why is that?

GFawkes
2010-01-10, 03:39 PM
"Greetin's, Tyberius. Th' name's Taor, keeper o' th' once glorious inn you stand in. As for my woes, itis business. Been spikin' down since that thing moved into the forest. Keeps attackin' all passerby lately." The innkeeper replies in a beaten tone, between recent troubles and years of working here.

Temotei
2010-01-10, 03:49 PM
Thing? What kind of thing could make you lose all your business?

Tyberius looks toward his companions for a moment, then back at the innkeeper. He wears an expression of worry for a split second, but soon, it fades into excitement.

GFawkes
2010-01-10, 03:52 PM
"'At's just it, no one knows what in th' world it could be. I seen it once o' twice, but 'twas to fast fer me t' get a good look at it. I hired Drik," he motions to the man with the rapier, "to help, but tha' thing jus' keeps comin'. Although Drik's reduced its visits, they ain't gone yet."

Temotei
2010-01-10, 03:57 PM
I see. Perhaps we can help. Do you know where it lives? Or would Drik know?

Tyberius glances toward Drik out of the corner of his eye.

BobElliot
2010-01-10, 04:00 PM
Fler sees that this could be an interesting adventure; at the very least, this innkeeper has managed to hire one man, and so could perhaps hire more. He allows Tyberius to continue talking; he was always better at talking to people like this.

GFawkes
2010-01-10, 04:03 PM
"Boy, I'd hire ya jus' fer mentionin' th' ideer. I'll let yer group stay fer free 'ere, s'long as y' keep tha' thing away. Drik'd know more than me 'boot it, so ye best ask 'im fer details."
Taor's face seems to be renewed with life.

Temotei
2010-01-10, 04:07 PM
Of course.

Tyberius, feeling a little bit of the boredom that was seeping in before he arrived ebb away, was happy to approach the fairly large Drik.

Drik, is it? I hear you know some things about a creature causing some trouble. The innkeeper just hired us to deal with it. How about it? Got any information for us?

GFawkes
2010-01-10, 04:22 PM
Drik looks at you, his yellow eye scanning you. His other eye is shut, with a scar crossing it on its path from his forehead to his jaw.
"You must think it'll be easy business, huh? I did too. First night on guard, BAM, I lose my eye to it. But not before I got a good look at it. Whatever it is, it shrouds itself in darkness. Its also got a mouthfull of razor-sharp teeth, and at least two claws." Drik says in a cold, gruff voice. You can tell he's a fighter, and isn't one for games.

Temotei
2010-01-10, 04:26 PM
Surely something causing such damage to a fighter such as yourself will be no easy creature to defeat. If you survived alone, though, we should be able to handle it in a group. Is there anything else we should know? Tactics? How did you drive it off when you could?

Tyberius calmly clenches his fists to crack them.

GFawkes
2010-01-10, 04:39 PM
"I noticed that it seemed to head straight for the inn, ignoring me as I stood watch outside. I got a lucky hit on it after it gouged my eye out, and that drove it off. It seemed to head the exact way it came in, so it might be trackable." Drik says, not moving his eye from your face.

Temotei
2010-01-10, 04:46 PM
Well then. Let's go get it boys!

Tyberius lets out a hoot, raising his arm.

BobElliot
2010-01-10, 04:47 PM
not wanting to leave without being able to do anything, Fler quickly interjects:
When was the most recent attack? The way you tell it, this only happened once, and quite a while ago, judging by your eye. None of us are skilled enough by ourselves to find this creature by tracks alone unless we are quite lucky.

GFawkes
2010-01-10, 04:52 PM
"Last attack was...yesterday. I lost my eye about five attacks back. And lucky for you, this thing seems to want us to follow it. I've seen it pause, look back at the inn, then continue." Drik says, a smile cracking across his face. His teeth are yellow and crooked.

BobElliot
2010-01-10, 04:56 PM
Good enough for me. Can you point us to where you saw the thing last? We'll start our search there.

GFawkes
2010-01-10, 05:02 PM
"Better yet, I'll take you to where I last saw it. You should go after it, and I'll stay back to guard the inn, incase it comes here."
Drik takes you to the edge of the nearby forest, pointing out footprints that the thing left. At the border, he wishes you luck, and heads back to the inn.

BobElliot
2010-01-10, 05:12 PM
[roll0] survival check to follow tracks. DC 10 if ground is soft, can only find with DC 15 if normal forest growth. track info. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#track)

Fler takes the initiative, trying himself even if somebody else could do it better.
well, let's try this. What can I find out?

GFawkes
2010-01-10, 05:17 PM
You are able to track the prints until you come to a fork. There are tracks coming from and going to each location.

Temotei
2010-01-10, 05:18 PM
Track check: [roll0]

Maybe I can help.

GFawkes
2010-01-10, 05:27 PM
You find that the tracks come from the left, go to the right, go to the inn, go back to the right, then go left.

Temotei
2010-01-10, 05:40 PM
...it appears the creature comes from the left path.

Tyberius looks to his companions for a second, then moves in that direction.

GFawkes
2010-01-10, 05:45 PM
[Make a Survival Check]

BobElliot
2010-01-10, 05:49 PM
[roll0]survival check
lets go

GFawkes
2010-01-10, 05:52 PM
You follow the path, and see a cave in a hillside. It's been recently opened, judging by the rocks strewn about the entrance. Bones of various creatures liter the ground, and claw marks coat each bone.

Temotei
2010-01-10, 05:54 PM
Survival: [roll0]

Right. I'll stay in the front.

Tyberius unsheathes his falchion, which emits light.

OoC Note: We should get an out-of-character thread so we can talk about the adventure and such. We could also make a dice-rolling thread to ease the burden off this one.

BobElliot
2010-01-10, 05:58 PM
Once in, I'll be on the ceiling. It won't have a chance to get to me!

see spiderwalk invocation/spiderwalk spell

GFawkes
2010-01-10, 05:59 PM
OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7666464#post7666464)

Die roll thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7666471#post7666471)

Temotei
2010-01-10, 06:20 PM
Sure thing. On your guard guys.

Holding out his big falchion in front of him like a torch, Tyberius scans (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7666616&postcount=2) the area for any signs of movement, or for any signs of where the creature could be.

Aramir21
2010-01-11, 05:11 PM
(Korris' Speech in Green from here on out)

I take point behind Tyberius and ready my longbow.

Temotei
2010-02-15, 08:50 PM
Rocks fall--we die! :smallbiggrin:

There. Done. Bonus points for being in a place where rocks can actually fall and kill us.