PDA

View Full Version : Transdimensional Spell/Power

Signmaker
2010-01-10, 07:02 PM
If possible, I'd like to hear a solid argument as to how, for example, Transdimensional Touchsight works. While it seems like it should work (even to me at times), I can't actually figure out how the text supports it. To me, it seems as though the TD metafeats were designed solely for AoE or Target-type spells, so I find it hard to wrap around the concept that they work with passive-type effects, like various detection abilities..

Anyone care to help a confused soul out? =P

Signmaker
2010-01-12, 06:23 PM
Two days and nuthin. :smallfrown:

taltamir
2010-01-12, 07:41 PM
well... its really hard to come up with anything to say about the issue.
plus i don't know what torchsight does.

herrhauptmann
2010-01-12, 07:58 PM
If possible, I'd like to hear a solid argument as to how, for example, Transdimensional Touchsight works. While it seems like it should work (even to me at times), I can't actually figure out how the text supports it. To me, it seems as though the TD metafeats were designed solely for AoE or Target-type spells, so I find it hard to wrap around the concept that they work with passive-type effects, like various detection abilities..

Anyone care to help a confused soul out? =P

Could you perhaps tell us what the books say about the powers?

FishAreWet
2010-01-12, 08:04 PM
"...has it's full normal effect on incorporeal creatures, creatures on the Ethereal Plane or the Plane of Shadow..."

"You must be able to perceive... but you do not need to perceive a creature to catch it in the area of a burst, come, emanation, or spread."

Sounds pretty clear to me.