PDA

View Full Version : Tortle power! , build idea could use input (rarely play clerics)

Soranar
2010-01-10, 10:22 PM
Race : Tortle
alignment : deity dependant
domains: trickery (mostly for Timestop) and travel (mostly for fly)

STATS (32 pts buy)

STR 14
DEX 6
CON 18
INT 14
WIS 18
CHA 6

perks

nearly full cleric spellcasting with a minor delay

you get all the bardic music abilities, I'd stick to buffing music/inspiration though: you lack proper DC checks without actual bard levels and Charisma

your dex is abismal but with a buff spell and a proper heavy armor it shouldn't be much of a problem

being a tortle really limits your movement so I took the travel domain to get ways around that

compared to a bard you're less of a skillmonkey (but thats the rogue's job anyway) but a lot tougher and with better spellls

1 Bard insightful reflexes
2 Cleric
3 Cleric Sacred Performer
4 Cleric
5 Cleric
6 Cleric Divine Inspiration
7 Cleric
8 Cleric
9 Cleric song of the heart
10 Cleric
11 Cleric
12 Cleric ?
13 Cleric
14 Cleric
15 Cleric ?
16 Cleric
17 Cleric
18 Cleric ?
19 Cleric
20 Cleric

Raging Gene Ray
2010-01-10, 10:23 PM
Where are Scared Performer and Divine Inspiration from?

Also, I'm assuming you have a high CHA which means plenty of turning uses. Have you considered some Divine Feats to fill those ?'s?

Soranar
2010-01-11, 12:00 AM
you can find all the feats and the race I'm talking about here http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/index.php

and no my charisma is abysmal

taltamir
2010-01-11, 12:09 AM
aww, and I thought you were gonna make him a ninja...

Raging Gene Ray
2010-01-11, 10:04 AM
you can find all the feats and the race I'm talking about here http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/index.php

and no my charisma is abysmal

Sorry...I should have read the first post more carefully.

Well...I checked that list you linked to and noticed something called Focused Performance that, among other things, lets you burn three uses of Bardic Music to use two effects at once. Maybe one of your higher level feats can use that to give Inspire Courage AND Inspire Greatness for your party.

Then again, it requires to succeed on a DC 20 + (Perform Ranks required for said music) or the uses are wasted. Maybe at higher levels where you have enough ranks.

Since you have Bardic Music to take care of buffing, maybe you could free up your spell slots to do a little blasting. Take Maximize Spell and Metamagic Song.

Then again, I hear blasting is subpar, even with Wizards who are built for blasting (but that's what I would do).

KillianHawkeye
2010-01-11, 06:39 PM
aww, and I thought you were gonna make him a ninja...

I guess that only goes for mutant tortles. :smallamused::smallwink:

Aldizog
2010-01-11, 06:45 PM
Sacred performer appears to just grant more uses per day, not actually grant the higher-level bardic music abilities. There are no easy ways to advance all aspects of bardic music without actually being a bard as far as I know (and I think this is as it should be). Some PrCs do, but they generally have pretty steep requirements or make you give up something else.