PDA

View Full Version : Best INT Synergy? [3.5e]

Lord of Syntax
2010-01-11, 12:35 AM
well, I am making a Wizard Gestalt and I originally made a Wizard//Archivist but I hated the spells where too hard too choose, so I was thinking psion, but if you like the idea, could you tell me which discipline is best for party buffing/enemy debuffing?

Optimystik
2010-01-11, 12:38 AM
Factotum (Dungeonscape) is generally always the best partner to a INT-based gestalt.

deuxhero
2010-01-11, 12:39 AM
Factotum, Swiftblade, Factotum and Factotum. Extra actions>>>>>>>More spells. You can only get one spell (plus a quickened) off a turn (the medium BAB and higher hit die doesn't hurt either)

2xMachina
2010-01-11, 12:39 AM
StP Erudite! All spells/powers up to 8th (need to learn with xp though), non-discipline up to 9th), any time. Limited unique powers per day though.

Kallisti
2010-01-11, 12:40 AM
StP Erudite! All spells/powers up to 8th (need to learn with xp though), non-discipline up to 9th), any time. Limited unique powers per day though.

Many DMs will ban StP Erudite. Many, many, many DMs...

I'd recommend Factotum, but you said you want to buff the party, so possibly Shaper? I'm not too familiar with psionics...

mcl01
2010-01-11, 12:41 AM
Beguiler works well in terms of int synergy. High int score + rogue skills. It functions decently well as a debuffer/minor buffer as well (though you don't have a wide variety of spells).

2xMachina
2010-01-11, 12:41 AM
Heh, yeah. Worth a try though.

Normal erudite is still Ok'ish imo. Schism/Fission Wizard anyone?

Kallisti
2010-01-11, 12:44 AM
Erudite is pretty decent, yeah, although basic psion is pretty good as well. More powers available at any given time, but smaller list to choose from.

Beguiler'd make a good choice, though, for excellent debuff, freeing up more of your wizard slots for buffing.

Or Factotum buff/debuff be damned, because factotum/wizard works REALLY well.

taltamir
2010-01-11, 12:44 AM
Many DMs will ban StP Erudite. Many, many, many DMs...

I'd recommend Factotum, but you said you want to buff the party, so possibly Shaper? I'm not too familiar with psionics...

what is StP erudite and why do they ban it?

Lord of Syntax
2010-01-11, 12:48 AM

It lets you get any spell or any power you want.

Temotei
2010-01-11, 12:51 AM
You could also take factotum//psion.

2xMachina
2010-01-11, 12:52 AM
Spell to Power ACF. Wizard has an article (google it). Pretty much lets you treat spells as discipline powers for learning.

Eldariel
2010-01-11, 01:04 AM

Spells to Powers ACF (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070629a) for Erudite. One of the most broken things ever. Dragon has one for divine spells too, allowing Erudite to be full Manifester, full Caster and yeah.

As you might imagine, this unholy combination and the ability to learn spells as powers causes quite a few infinite loops, not to mention all sorts of ridiculous brokenness.

Draz74
2010-01-11, 01:06 AM
I'd say Egoist is the best discipline for buffing the party, and Telepath best at debuffing foes (until high levels, at least).

Psion//Factotum is definitely a fun combo.

Sstoopidtallkid
2010-01-11, 01:09 AM
what is StP erudite and why do they ban it?There are 6 Tier-1 classes in the game. Wizard, Cleric, Druid, Artificer, Archivist, and StP Erudite. Erudite is a Complete Psionic class that can choose it's powers from a list of all available and re-choose daily. Which is broken, since it ends up with more powers known each day than it has PP to cast. Spell-to-Power turns any spell into a power. It's a Cleric whose available list is 'Everything', but better.