PDA

View Full Version : NURS Pack-A-Punch

IncarnumJunkie
2010-01-11, 12:01 PM
So I was thinking about what to add to the next couple of games of Nacht Dee Untoten von Reise auf dem Spielplatz, better known as NURS, and because I am modeling it after Nazi Zombies, I was thinking about adding everyone's favorite piece of machinery, the Pack-A-Punch Machine!

I was thinking about this in terms of functioning:

The Pack-A-Punch Machine would cost 3000XP to use. It can only be used once on any given weapon, and the weapon must be reloadable (no hand grenades or land mines/disposeable weapons) or a melée weapon. When activated, the user places the weapon into the machine. The weapon disappears into the machine and emerges one round later. The machine then requires 1d4 rounds to cool down before it can be used again.

So far, I was thinking of giving the weapon placed within emerges with a random +1 to 5 enhancement bonus with a magical enhancement, but if anyone wants to come up with ideas for physical proterties or other enhancements for the Pack-A-Punch Machine then feel free to throw in your two cents.

dsmiles
2010-01-11, 12:13 PM
Darn...I thought this would be about guns with giant boxing gloves coming out of the barrels...:smallwink:

IncarnumJunkie
2010-01-11, 12:29 PM
If you want to give a suggestion, no matter how crazy, don't hesitate to give it! If you want to suggest that guns could launch giant boxing gloves, then that would be a great suggestion!

It may not actualy happen when you pull you weapon out, as it will be totally randomized, but there's always hope!

I do need suggestions for alterations of the physical properties of the weapons (range, ammunition count, etc.), but even suggesting that they launched bowling pins instead of bullets is progress!

dsmiles
2010-01-11, 12:33 PM
Is this a comedy/action game or a serious/action game, I've never played it (but I've played Toon and Paranoia and HOL).

IncarnumJunkie
2010-01-11, 12:39 PM
Nazi Zombies was a hidden game placed in Call of Duty: World At War. It started as four Marine survivors (the players) fighting an endless horde of zombified Nazis (similar to Gears of War 2's Horde mode but endless). After three packs of bonus Downloadable Content, Nazi Zombies has become absurdly popular.

To answer your question, it is pretty much serious/action. I'm taking things from Nazi Zombies and making a homebrew version of that game for D20 Modern.

dsmiles
2010-01-11, 12:46 PM
Ok...serious/action...

How about increasing the calibre of the weapon...like turning a .45 Magnum into a .50 Desert Eagle.

Or giving it a bigger clip or more chambers on it's (revolver part)?

Or upgrading an assault rifle's rate of fire?

Or (for melee weapons) adding big spikes or sharp edges, etc.?

Statistics-wise, I can't help much, but I have lots of theory. I never played d20 modern, so I can just give you ideas, not implementation.

IncarnumJunkie
2010-01-11, 03:54 PM
The idea about the Pack-A-Punch is that the weapon's dimensions do not change: length, weight, caliber, they remain unchanged physically. It is the gun itself that becomes changed in radical ways.

In the Nazi Zombies game that features the Pack-A-Punch, the only real changes were ammunition capacity, damage and range. All other changes were aesthetic.

For caliber size, we could increase the damage values by 1 die size (i.e. d8 becomes d10).

Rate of fire won't change, because there is already a provision for that in the Perks-A-Cola (search for NURS Perks-A-Cola on the forum).

Increasing the ammunition capacity of the weapon is a good idea. For revolvers, we can allow that to increase the ammunition capacity beyond geometric limits, just for curiosity.

Melee weapons won't change in dimensions, but they would just get the regular enhancements.

These are some good ideas right here.