View Full Version : Arena Tournament, Round 77: Tezx Darktongue vs. Murray

ArenaManager
2010-01-11, 12:11 PM
Arena Tournament, Round 77: Tezx Darktongue vs. Murray

Map:
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee221/Kyace/glasshouse.png

XP Award: 300 XP
GP Award: 300 GP

Tezx Darktongue (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=6785) - Corsair420
Murray (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=7229) - HCL

All Combatants, please roll initiative and declare final purchases, if any

HCL
2010-01-11, 01:08 PM
Purchasing a small tower shield for 30 gp and a second cleric scroll of color spray for 25

Initiative [roll0]

Corsair420
2010-01-11, 06:01 PM
Damn this round was so slow before i had completely forgot about it

no purchases

Init: [roll0]

HCL
2010-01-11, 10:40 PM
Murray Round 1 (I don't know if we have LOS to start or if the glass obscures vision)
Start in Y13 with tower shield (not equipped) in one hand, Scroll of color spray in other

Move to V11

Standard (I believe it is a standard since it is an invocation and it does not say otherwise): Summon a swarm of bats in V13 in a column extending from 10 feet above the ground to 30 feet above the ground

@refsDoes arcane spell failure apply to concentrating on previously cast spells or only when casting?

HCL
2010-01-11, 10:42 PM
And end my turn

Corsair420
2010-01-12, 11:28 AM
Tezx R1:

I dont remember but I think anything more then 2 panes obscures LoS

Ref and LoS:starting in B13 with grapple and rope in hand, I'll move to E8 and attempt to throw my grapple up top of the glass panels

Use rope (DC:14):[roll0]

i'm done

vollmond
2010-01-12, 11:32 AM
Initiate Ref vollmond

Precedent is that you begin with LoS, but usually it is lost first round as one player moves behind a second pane.

So yes, you see each other's starting position, what you're holding and such. 1 layer of glass provides concealment; 2 layers provides total cover.

HCL
2010-01-12, 03:09 PM
Alright I started in Y13 with a tower shield and scroll held

can I get a quick los and where he started and I will take my next turn

Psionic Dog
2010-01-15, 09:14 AM
High Ref PsiDog

Gladiators started with LoS.

Murry starts in Y13 with a tower shield and scroll held.
Tezx starts in B13 with grapple and rope in hand.

LoS was broken as Murry moved north.

Current LoS:

Murry
No LoS.

Arcane Spell failure applies only when casting an arcane spell with a somatic component.

Tezx
No LoS

HCL
2010-01-15, 01:27 PM
Murray Round 2
Standard: Concentrate on swarm

Move: Equip tower shield as full cover

as I understand what you wrote concentrating does not suffer ASF, if it does I will change my turn

End turn

@refsLet me know where the bats go

Corsair420
2010-01-16, 10:55 AM
Tezx R2

@refs and LoS:accelerated climb up my knotted rope(DC:0)(-5 to check)

[roll0]
2nd roll for last 3 feet
[roll1]

Into F8

I'm done

Stats:HP: 11/11
AC:19
Loc:F8

HCL
2010-01-17, 09:15 AM
I'm waiting on LOS btw

RPGAgmJAY
2010-01-18, 07:16 PM
Init Ref RPGAGMJAY
LoS Check:

Refs:

The swarm must stay within 25 of Murray and will head toward and attack anything else alive in area beside Murray.

Murray:

The swarm moves to T12, above the glass enclosure. No LoS on Tezx.

Tezx:

You see a bat swarm in T12 *above* the glass enclosure. No LoS on Murray.

Proceed.

HCL
2010-01-18, 08:35 PM
Round 3Concentrate on swarm, move to U7

End turn

Corsair420
2010-01-18, 09:33 PM
Tezx R3:

@refs and Los:grab my grapple off the wall, and draw my bow

I think i took all the actions i can so i'm done

Psionic Dog
2010-01-20, 07:47 AM
@Refs
The spell range is where the swarm can initially appear. Like any other summon the swarm does not have to remain within 25ft of Murry after being called into existence.

@Murray
You can't get to U-7 from V-11 with only 40ft of movement. Doing so would require 45ft since one can't move diagonally across hard corners.

Movement revision required.

Need clarification from Murray.

HCL
2010-01-20, 08:46 AM
@RefsSorry I meant U8

Psionic Dog
2010-01-20, 10:31 PM
@Refs
The bats have LoS to Tezx and fly toward him. I don't know if swarms can run, but I don't see why they can't double move, and a double move is just enough to move the 80ft to Tezx.

Tezx
The bat swarm flys toward you, ending in the cube F8+20/G9+25

[roll0]
If you take damage you are now bleeding at 1 HP/round until you receive a cure or a DC 10 heal check.
Also, DC 11 Fort save or be nauseated 1 round.

No LoS to Murry.

Murry
Incidentally, according to the swarm subtype description individual flying swarms are 10ft cubes. Only large swarms made of multiple smaller 10ft cube swarm may be shaped.

Your swarm flys west out of LoS.

No LoS.

Corsair420
2010-01-20, 10:59 PM
@refs: can they move that far and still attack? also according to summon swarm spell says it attacks the nearest target and the caster has no control over it's target or direction of travel, so i think it would have attacked him first... just my thoughts, cause i dont really have a way to fight one

needs a ref response before i take my turn

Psionic Dog
2010-01-20, 11:30 PM
@Corsair420
Swarms don't attack. They deal swarm damage to whatever is in their space at the end of their turn. It took a double move and ended its turn, dealing damage to whoever was in their space.

As for attacking the caster the text says ... um...

Huh, I thought there was a half plausible reason but I can't remember that anymore. Let me ask.

@HCL & Refs
Any particular reason a swarm won't attack the caster/Murry if the caster/Murry happens to be the closest creature?

One moment...

Sallera
2010-01-20, 11:52 PM
Refs:The only point that I know of in favor of the interpretation that it avoids the caster is the otherwise-unnecessary inclusion of "other" in the spell description, i.e. "attacks all other creatures," following a fragment with the subject "you." But that's questionable at best, and could just as easily be the rather silly specification that the swarm will not attack itself.

chilepepper
2010-01-21, 12:03 AM
refsThere are ways of controlling a swarm, but none I've seen at first level. The swarm does indeed go for the nearest creature it can sense. If that's the caster, then it goes after him. The text "which attacks all other creatures within its area" means the individual rats/spiders/bats don't attack each other.

Of note, the warlock version of summon swarm has a different duration. It is just Concentration, not Conc. +2 rds. So the next opportunity for him to take a standard action, he can choose not to spend it on maintaining the swarm, though that might not save him from taking 1 round of damage.

HCL
2010-01-21, 03:45 PM
lolThey are my summons? Its precedent that they don't kill me (at least they didn't when I was playing with silver and no one told me they would)

chilepepper
2010-01-21, 04:40 PM
High Ref chilepepper

@HCL, refs

This spell summons an extraplanar creature (typically an outsider, elemental, or magical beast native to another plane). It appears where you designate and acts immediately, on your turn. It attacks your opponents to the best of its ability. If you can communicate with the creature, you can direct it not to attack, to attack particular enemies, or to perform other actions.

You summon a swarm of bats, rats, or spiders (your choice), which attacks all other creatures within its area. (You may summon the swarm so that it shares the area of other creatures.) If no living creatures are within its area, the swarm attacks or pursues the nearest creature as best it can. The caster has no control over its target or direction of travel.

Bayar
2010-01-22, 11:28 AM
Initiate Ref Bayar

High Ref chilepepper

@HCL, refs

Quotes.

@HCL, refs:

Yeah, what Chile said. Beat me to it...

RPGAgmJAY
2010-01-22, 11:48 AM
HCL, Refs:

I would say that the swarm does not attack the caster. The spell description reads: "You summon a swarm of bats, rats, or spiders (your choice), which attacks all other creatures within its area." The sentence is caster focused, explaining the actions of the swarm in relation to the caster. Thus, the use of other refers to the caster.

Even WotC wouldn't write that a creature wouldn't attack itself, that's nonsense. The caster might not be able to designate a target, but in a one on one match the point is mostly moot.

I'm only an initiate ref but that's my call.

Corsair420
2010-01-22, 12:05 PM
@refs: I don't know why i'm being discluded from reading these spoilers since i'm the one who asked the original question, so i'll just add that the Summons Swarm spell clearly states that if it is summoned and there is nothing in the squares it is summoned it attacks the NEAREST target, it says nothing about the caster being exempt from being attacked, and it clearly states that the caster has NO control over the swarm, I hope that can help you all make a decision so the match may continue

chilepepper
2010-01-22, 12:06 PM
HCL, Refs:

I would say that the swarm does not attack the caster. The spell description reads: "You summon a swarm of bats, rats, or spiders (your choice), which attacks all other creatures within its area." The sentence is caster focused, explaining the actions of the swarm in relation to the caster. Thus, the use of other refers to the caster.

Even WotC wouldn't write that a creature wouldn't attack itself, that's nonsense. The caster might not be able to designate a target, but in a one on one match the point is mostly moot.

I'm only an initiate ref but that's my call.

refs, H****'s not that "a creature is attacking itself", it's that the individual creatures don't attack each other. However, I'm not about to dismiss an initiate refs opinion, especially in this case as it's not really clear cut. That's Kyeudo's job.

Match is on hold, pending Kyeudo's ruling.

Tanaric
2010-01-22, 12:15 PM
Refs:Just throwing in a +1 to the notion of the swarm attacking the caster. The wording doesn't exclude it.

Though we're waiting for Kyeudo anyway. *shrug*

Kyeudo
2010-01-22, 12:25 PM
GM Kyeudo - wishes people hadn't discoved the Summon Kyeudo spell

I see no reason that both participants shouldn't hear my ruling, so I won't spoiler it.

The Summon Swarm spell grants the caster no control or protection from his own summoned swarm. The "all other creatures" clause is there to keep the swarm from attacking itself. If the caster is foolish or unlucky enough to become the closest creature to his own swarm, his swarm will attack him just as readily as any other creature.

Sallera
2010-01-22, 01:41 PM
Murray:As per the ruling, your swarm attacks you on Round 2, dealing [roll0] damage and causing the usual bleeding.

On Round 3, where we'll be rewinding to, make your DC11 fort save vs. nausea.

Tezx:No LoS.

Rewind to the beginning of Murray's Round 3 turn.

HCL
2010-01-22, 02:10 PM
Then I want a rewind to round 1. Precedent is that it does not attack me.

Corsair420
2010-01-22, 06:28 PM
I call BS on that request, not our fault you didn't read your spell description

Sallera
2010-01-22, 06:39 PM
Meh. He does have a point that the last time it was used, it didn't behave that way. Oversight on our part at the time. I'm not going to rewind it myself, but if you want to bring the matter to the Waiting Room, go ahead and do so.

Corsair420
2010-01-22, 07:03 PM
it didn't behave that way because no one looked it up, I like to know every detail I can about whats trying to kill me

Sallera
2010-01-22, 07:10 PM
Actually, it didn't behave that way due to misinterpretation of the word 'other' in the description, as discussed earlier in this thread (although I suppose you probably couldn't see that part).

Incidentally, did you ever consider that people might listen to you more often if you were more polite?

Corsair420
2010-01-22, 07:14 PM
you've said that before, and past experience with trying to be polite while getting the info i'm trying to get usually leads people to be aholes to me first, so it's reactionary, i ask a lot of questions, people get bothered and then hate responding to my questions so things end up poorly

Bayar
2010-01-23, 10:39 AM
I call BS on that request, not our fault you didn't read your spell description

Initiate ref Bayar

And I second this opinion. I mean, I had a diplomancer character in the arena, and was expecting to beat everybody with insane rolls. Then in the middle of the match I find out that Diplomacy can only be used on NPC's, not PC's.

Shizzard happens. Next time you will know not to make the same mistake.

HCL
2010-01-23, 03:54 PM
Initiate ref Bayar

And I second this opinion. I mean, I had a diplomancer character in the arena, and was expecting to beat everybody with insane rolls. Then in the middle of the match I find out that Diplomacy can only be used on NPC's, not PC's.

Shizzard happens. Next time you will know not to make the same mistake.

Yeah thats great. The thing is I had another character who used swarms on me, and we played it just like any other summon. If we are going to change the way the spell functions I feel I deserve to be told beforehand or get a rewind.

Corsair420
2010-01-23, 03:59 PM
the spell function never changed, you just didn't read that it could attack you, no one else noticed so it acted like a summon monster spell(except for you being able to control it) because that is what people knew, not our problem.

Psionic Dog
2010-01-23, 06:03 PM
High Ref PsiDog

Hey guys you ruled that we should rewind and my summons should attack me here http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138084&page=2

When I was running Silver I was also using summoned swarms and that did not happen. I guess the refs and I just assumed it would not attack me at the time, but since you ruled that the spell behaves differently than it did in the other match I ran it in, we should rewind it to the beginning.

I can't find any matches featuring a "silver" in the archives, which makes me suspect it was an unofficial exhibition. Without having been able to find said match my initial reaction is "No".

Exhibition matches tend to be run looser than the official matches, and generally are not valid for precedent. If it happens to meet one of the criteria listed below we'll reconsider, but for the moment this appears to be a d6 learning experience.

The Precedent on rewinds on account of bad Precedent:
I am aware of exactly three precedents that may allow a Bad Advise/Precident rewind.

• Bad High Ref Advise: There are refs, and then their are High Refs. If a High Ref of the Arena specifically stated that something works that doesn't, then a rewinds is usually allowed since we don't penalize people for obeying the High Refs.

• Over turned Precedent: Precedents change. If you used an out of date precedent from an official match that has since been overturned we will consider allowing a rewind. Whether or not the rewind is granted depends on how popular the faulty precedent was, how recently it was overturned, and how common examples of the new ruling have been. No promises.

• Faulty Investigation: Sometimes when you have a ref question no Official High Ref rulings are available and you have to settle for an initiate ref opinion. Rewinds have occasionally been considered when it is clear the player attempted to get official permission first. Again, no promises.

+ The d6 Learning Experience: This goes by many names, but it refers to when you suddenly discover (usually in round 3 for about d6 damage) that the rules don't work the way you though they did. This is a very popular way to discover that Range Personal spells can't be made into SRD potions, that force screen don't block magic missiles, that Diplomacy doesn't work on fellow PC's... etc. Precedent says the individual takes the damage and wasted actions anyway. Those of us who have had d6 learning experiences probably outnumber those who have not.

To reiterate: Rewind to the beginning of Murray's Round 3 turn.

HCL
2010-01-24, 12:25 AM
Not an exhibition, it was an FFA a while back.

Psionic Dog
2010-01-24, 08:32 AM
I see.

That changes a few things, but not the fact that I haven't been able to find said FFA match nor the fact that the Area Standard is No Rewind.

If you have a link I can provide an official Ref Ruling why or why not that match is grounds for a rewind here, but since there are many many factors why a swarm didn't attack the caster (most of them valid and legal), there is a 0% chance of a rewind without a link to the match. If the match is so old as to be archived no rewind will be granted. More recent matches have implied that casters could be the target of their own swarm.

At this point we are waiting on you to take your turn or post a link.

Edit: Thanks for the find Bayar. I can't believe I missed noticing a match so recent. :smallredface: Now reviewing round in question.

Bayar
2010-01-24, 09:30 AM
Initiate Ref Bayar:

Digging in the archive I found TEH UBER L33T match: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127085

Reading it now...

Edit: Apparently, they used the very same rule of attack whichever is closest with the first swarm, but why not the second...

Edit 2: As far as I can tell, the bat swarm should have engulfed Silver, but didnt. Might have been the rules for those damn hedges. Might have been missed by the refs. Although,
Hmm...Bat Swarm attacks nearest visible creature...well, guess we have a new character on the arena. The Bat swarm will attack Big Spash, since he is the nearest visible creature, and start moving towards him en masse at a rate of 40 ft. per turn.

it was a known fact.

Psionic Dog
2010-01-26, 04:52 PM
High Ref PsiDog
Hmph. I was hoping if I procrastinated long enough one of the other high refs known for Mavianesque logic, or even Kyeudo himself, would have shown up to deliver a simple elegant ruling. I guess that's not going to happen.

Rewind Declined

I thought long and hard about this one, but match restarts are the exception rather than the rule. I'm not quite convinced that enough support exists to make this match of of those exceptions, so we'll go with the default. No promises were made that the caster would be safe from their own swarm, nor where any questions asked for assurance of safety. I'm inclined to believe that no precident was implied either since, as Bayar pointed out, the rules were fully known and stated even if there where small errors in application. There was even a persistent LoS error: a 10ft cube should have been visible to everyone on that map.

The series of mistakes made was unfortunate, but not terribly surprising. To save time the arena runs on a passive permissive system where gray areas default to player interpretation until such a time as an opponent challenges, as Corsair420 has done, or a passing ref experienced in the situation spots the erroneous assumption. From a certain point of view it all works out: Silver escaped getting eaten by swarm and Murray fills in. It ain't pretty but gladiatorial combat rarely is.

Bayar
2010-01-26, 05:27 PM
initiate Ref Bayar

Yay ! I did good, didnt I uncle PsiDog ?

One request: see if your spellchecker automatically corrects Bayar to Bayer...

HCL
2010-01-26, 05:51 PM
Murray Round 3 redo [roll0] vs nausea Double move to N7 End turn

StatsAt 1/8 hp

Corsair420
2010-01-28, 09:37 AM
damn totally brain farted due to all the ref talk sorry.

My round 3 stays the same

@refs and LoS:grab my grapple off the wall, and draw my bow

just restating my previous actions, i'm done

Psionic Dog
2010-02-01, 09:28 AM
High Ref PsiDog

LoS established when Murray enters N-7 at ground level.
Tezx is in F-8 on top of the glass roof, with a grappling hook and knotted rope hanging at E/F-8.

Tezx may redo his turn, again, if he wishes.

Corsair420
2010-02-01, 09:42 AM
no i'm keeping the same action

HCL
2010-02-02, 05:33 PM
do you want to clue me in as to what that action is?

Corsair420
2010-02-02, 07:17 PM
i figured you read it since we have LoS, but i pull the grapple up off the wall with 1 hand and draw my bow with the other

HCL
2010-02-02, 08:25 PM
Move to H12, attempt to summon a swarm in E10-E13 20 feet above the ground

my understanding is I take arcane spell failure from the to3wer shield [roll0] fail on one disregard it if i dont

Corsair420
2010-02-02, 08:35 PM
I don't know for sure but i'm pretty sure you cant cast through glass the whole line of effect thing, i'll get a ref to be sure

Tanaric
2010-02-02, 08:41 PM
Line of Effect

A line of effect is a straight, unblocked path that indicates what a spell can affect. A line of effect is canceled by a solid barrier. It’s like line of sight for ranged weapons, except that it’s not blocked by fog, darkness, and other factors that limit normal sight.

You must have a clear line of effect to any target that you cast a spell on or to any space in which you wish to create an effect. You must have a clear line of effect to the point of origin of any spell you cast.

Texttextt.

Corsair420
2010-02-02, 08:44 PM
An otherwise solid barrier with a hole of at least 1 square foot through it does not block a spell’s line of effect. Such an opening means that the 5-foot length of wall containing the hole is no longer considered a barrier for purposes of a spell’s line of effect.

is also there, the vision is clear but the path is not, is what i was refering too

Tanaric
2010-02-02, 09:06 PM
I haven't read the whole discussion nor familiarized myself with the location of the players. I was simply pointing out the rules. If there is a barrier between the caster and the targeted area, there is no line of effect. Thus, the spell cannot be cast there. If there is line of effect, it can.

For more information, see here. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/spellDescriptions.htm)

Corsair420
2010-02-02, 09:15 PM
20 feet up would be it above the glass so he'd be casting through the glass which is a solid object, that grants LoS but not LoE

Bayar
2010-02-03, 03:36 AM
Initiate Ref Bayar

Move to H12, attempt to summon a swarm in E10-E13 20 feet above the ground

my understanding is I take arcane spell failure from the to3wer shield [roll0] fail on one disregard it if i dont

I am preety sure that there is a rule that prohibits summoning spells from summoning anything not on solid ground. This rule appeared because of those damn "I summon 50000 celestial whales above the BBEG" scenarios of the good old days pre-3.5 .

Yes, I know it makes no sense to summon bats on the ground and not in the air, but rules are stupid like that.

Psionic Dog
2010-02-03, 07:37 AM
High Ref PsiDog

Correct, a swarm can't be summoned through solid glass. However, Murry isn't attempting to cast through solid glass. He's trying to cast into E-13 at +20 ft, and the map shows a big open doorway at E13/F14 for him to cast through.

Next, the restrictions Bayar noted do not apply here. The rules aren't "can't summon into air" but rather "creatures can't be summoned into an environment that can't support them" Thus a celestial whale couldn't be summoned in mid air since whales do not live and thrive in mid air. A whale could however be summoned underwater. Similarly, a bat swarm can't be summoned underwater, but could be summoned in mid air.

Finally, let me once again remind everyone that a single swarm unit isn't shapeable. A single flying swarm element occupies a 10ft cube. Gargantuan swarms, made of multiple smaller swarms, may be shaped- but only be rearranging the relationship between swarm units. Individual swarm elements always occupy 10ft areas when space allows.

Conclusion:
A swarm may appear with a corner in E-13+20
Said swarm may not stretch from E-13 to E-10.
The Swarm appears in the cube closest to specification, which I believe is the cube (D12+25)/(E-13+20)

Corsair420
2010-02-03, 08:30 AM
Tezx R4:

Double move to R8

i'm done

HCL
2010-02-03, 09:02 AM
The swarm appeared and acted immediately (standard action summon) from what I understand so I need to know if its goin after me or him before i take my turn.

Bayar
2010-02-03, 11:11 AM
High Ref PsiDog

Correct, a swarm can't be summoned through solid glass. However, Murry isn't attempting to cast through solid glass. He's trying to cast into E-13 at +20 ft, and the map shows a big open doorway at E13/F14 for him to cast through.

Next, the restrictions Bayar noted do not apply here. The rules aren't "can't summon into air" but rather "creatures can't be summoned into an environment that can't support them" Thus a celestial whale couldn't be summoned in mid air since whales do not live and thrive in mid air. A whale could however be summoned underwater. Similarly, a bat swarm can't be summoned underwater, but could be summoned in mid air.

Finally, let me once again remind everyone that a single swarm unit isn't shapeable. A single flying swarm element occupies a 10ft cube. Gargantuan swarms, made of multiple smaller swarms, may be shaped- but only be rearranging the relationship between swarm units. Individual swarm elements always occupy 10ft areas when space allows.

Conclusion:
A swarm may appear with a corner in E-13+20
Said swarm may not stretch from E-13 to E-10.
The Swarm appears in the cube closest to specification, which I believe is the cube (D12+25)/(E-13+20)

Conjuration

Each conjuration spell belongs to one of five subschools. Conjurations bring manifestations of objects, creatures, or some form of energy to you (the summoning subschool), actually transport creatures from another plane of existence to your plane (calling), heal (healing), transport creatures or objects over great distances (teleportation), or create objects or effects on the spot (creation). Creatures you conjure usually, but not always, obey your commands.

A creature or object brought into being or transported to your location by a conjuration spell cannot appear inside another creature or object, nor can it appear floating in an empty space. It must arrive in an open location on a surface capable of supporting it.

The creature or object must appear within the spell’s range, but it does not have to remain within the range.

Emphasis mine.

Psionic Dog
2010-02-03, 12:28 PM
Hmm. I'd forgotten about that text. Still, wouldn't air count as a supporting surface for a creature capable of hovering? I know aquatic summons are possible and water strikes me as scarcely more of a surface than air.

Anyone else have a comment?

Ref Note:
If we rule that summoning in air under any condition is invalid we'll have to rewind all the way back to round 1 when the very first summon was also brought in mid air.

HCL
2010-02-03, 12:35 PM
Bat swarms by definition appear in the air. The bats at the top of the swarm have to be flying. If you want we can rewind back to the first time I summoned it.

Kyeudo
2010-02-04, 12:18 AM
GM Kyeudo

Since a creature flying is by definition not floating, a flying creature may be summoned in midair.

Psionic Dog
2010-02-04, 01:05 PM
High Ref PsiDog

The swarm appeared and acted immediately (standard action summon) from what I understand so I need to know if its goin after me or him before i take my turn.

Assuming this is correct then the swarm immediate swarms the closest creature.
Tezx was 20ft away from the swarm.
Murry was 25ft away from the swarm.

The swarm turns on Tezx, moving to (E8+20)/(F9+25)
[roll0]

Rewind to start of Tezx Round 4 where Tezx needs to make a Fort save against Distraction.

Corsair420
2010-02-04, 06:25 PM
i'll do the same action but heres the fort

Fort Save: [roll0]

HCL
2010-02-04, 09:09 PM
Murray concentrates on the swarm and moves to D13

Corsair420
2010-02-07, 11:19 PM
I thought i requested an LoS and such i'll repost

Psionic Dog
2010-02-08, 07:01 AM
Illegal action: Rewind to Tezx, Round 4

Creatures who fail their save vs a swarm are nauseated for one round and are limited to a single move action. A double move is not an option.

Corsair420
2010-02-08, 10:21 AM
damn this is starting to look bad for me

Tezx R4:
i'll move to F14

@refs: my move puts him closer to the swarm then me

I'm done

Stats:HP: 6/11. AC:19, Loc: F14

HCL
2010-02-08, 11:10 AM
Murray Round 6 is it?
I am currently at 0 hp (I think, someone can check the math for me) can fight to -9

Standard: Concentrate on the swarm

tower shield is providing full cover

Listen check [roll0]

End turn

Psionic Dog
2010-02-08, 03:17 PM
High Ref PsiDog

@Murray, actually only round 5

Anyway Full LoS to everyone.
To be clear, Murray is in D13 after concentrating and setting shield to full cover.
Tezx is in F-14+20 on the glass.

Lets see, swarm was at (E8+20)/(F9+25).

Tezx is in F14+20 (25 ft away from swarm)
Murray is in D13+0 (20ft away horizontally, 20ft away vertically, works out to 30ft away on diagonal)

Swarm moves to (E12+20)/(F13+25) to engage the closest character, Tezx.

[roll0]
DC 11 Fort Distraction save again

Corsair420
2010-02-08, 03:23 PM
Damn elevation

Fort: [roll0]

now i must see my result before my action

Corsair420
2010-02-08, 04:28 PM
ok, i think i'm going for broke here

i'm gonna move to F9 and then drop down to E9

DC 15 jump check: [roll0]

on a success it's 1d6 nonlethal damage

freakin A i'm getting screwed on rolls

HCL
2010-02-08, 04:40 PM
Murray summons a swarm of spiders on top of you and runs 30 feet north to D7

[roll0] damage, dc 11 fort save against [roll1] str damage, and a dc 11 fort save against nausea. you take 1 damage of bleeding from the bats

StatsMurray takes 1 damage putting him at -1, he has rageclaws though so he is still good

EDIT: Will the winner of this match continue to take bleeding damage in the next match until he heals himself? He will not die in the period during which he makes purchases however correct?

Corsair420
2010-02-08, 05:53 PM
at this point will the failed jump check, the bleed damage and the spider swarm i'm just going to concede the match to you... I never got to fire off a shot, I hate oyu for it, but good match

Sallera
2010-02-08, 06:07 PM
High Ref Sallera

Murray takes victory by proxy.

You will, indeed, continue bleeding in between rounds until healed. From the match guidelines:

Unlike other rounds, characters are not healed nor are positive and negative effects automatically removed.
Any special effect currently affecting the character from a previous match carries over. Its duration may elapse due to the one hour wait, but he is still affected by it.