PDA

View Full Version : NURS Perks-A-Cola!

IncarnumJunkie
2010-01-11, 12:24 PM
Among something else that I wanted to add to NURS was the
incredible Perks-A-Cola machines that appeared in Nazi Zombies after Zombie Verruckt.

The Perks-A-Cola Machines each dispense a different flavor of carbonated beverage, each in a vintage soda bottle. However, these beverages also imbue the imbibed with powerful effects, allowing them to reload faster, shoot more dakka, take more hits and assist their fallen comrades; that is, until they're downed by hordes of zombies.

This was the functionality of the Perks-A-Cola machines that I had in mind:

Each Machine requires 1000XP to activate. The machine dispenses for the user a bottle of specified beverage. Drinking the beverage is a standard action which provokes an attack of opportunity. The effects
of these beverages last indefinetly until the imbibed is reduced
to 0 hitpoints by the zombies and subsequently Downed. Upon being Downed, whether the imbiber is Picked Up or not, the effects
of all beverages ceases, and the subject will have to buy new beverages to drink.

There are 4 beverages from Nazi Zombies:

Revive! allows a person to pick up another player in a fraction of the time. With Revive!, a survivor can perform the Pick Up Another as a move action.

Juggernog allowed a player to sustain far more damage
from zombies before beig Downed. With Juggernog, a survivor gains DR3 against all damage taken from zombies.

Speed Cola allowed players to reload their weapons very quickly, an asset in the heat of battle. With Speed Cola, a player gains the effect of the Quick Reload feat.

Double Tap Root Beer increased the players' rates of fire, an asset often underrated but very valuable. With Double Tap Root Beer, all autofire attacks use 15 bullets instead of 10, but cause an additonal die of damage (if only 10 bullets remain, a regular autofire attack is performed). Furthermore, all weapons which hold more than 1 roundad are Single attack weapons become Semi-Auomatic weapons, allowing them to be used as such during a full-attack action.

If anyone would like to add any Perks-A-Cola beverages, that would be awesome. Also, please come up with a creative name for the beverage, which would also be awesome!

DracoDei
2010-01-11, 12:49 PM
This is an odd variant... probably won't match the game, but I figured it can't hurt to try.

Bloody-Fruity: This grenade like weapon has a range increment of 10 feet and a maximum range of 50 feet. Any square or zombie struck with it becomes the target for all zombies within line of sight for 1 full round, causing them to ignore humans as targets (but not as threats). It can not be traded, and breaks open (striking the square the bearer is in) if the bearer is downed. ((If this is too powerful, then allow the zombies a will save).

IncarnumJunkie
2010-01-11, 03:32 PM
Hmm...I was thinking somewhere along the lines of a drinkable beverage and not a hand grenade, but we could use these rules for a Left 4 Dead style Bile Bomb.

Yeah, Bile Bombs are sooo added to the Random Weapons Crate.

((To clarify, I was thinking something along the lines of a potion or a drinkable feat of sorts. Maybe not as powerful as an actual feat, but enough to give the survivor an edge in battle against the zombies))

DracoDei
2010-01-11, 06:22 PM
The fact it wasn't a drinkable, and was a short-duration 1-use was why I said it didn't quite match up with the rest of things...

Never heard of Bile Bombs, but I can guess.

IncarnumJunkie
2010-01-11, 06:27 PM
Sorry...Bile Bombs are from the video game Left 4 Dead 2, and they function exactly as you described them.

DracoDei
2010-01-11, 06:46 PM
Grape (sic) minds think alike.

Owrtho
2010-01-11, 07:11 PM
Well, there is the slight difference that if a bile bomb doesn't hit anything, the zombies all just try to swarm the location it hit. But other than that (and possibly the actual radius of it), it is the same.

Owrtho

DracoDei
2010-01-11, 08:15 PM
That is how I said mine work... "square" or "zombie".