PDA

View Full Version : Building up an Army of Aberrations.

NekoJoker
2010-01-11, 03:46 PM
So, i'm running an aberration heavy campaign based on the Elder Evil Ragnorra, now I would need some help with customizing the Malshapers group, as told in the book this is a group of semi-derranged individuals from different planes and demi-planes that have been corrupted by Ragnorra's Influence.
Sure, but i don't really have a great and full understanding of planar creatures, I was thinking of adding some templates like Half-Farspawn and pseudonatural on regular humanoids and Monstruous humanoids, but it just does not seem the perfect way to go....
do you guys have any special creature aberration or otherwise that would fit the description of a derranged cultist that worships a god that pretty much looks like shub nigurath on a bad hair day?

Lord Loss
2010-01-11, 06:09 PM
Throw in Captain Gnash from Examplars of Evil, and you're ready to roll. For more abberations, go for the Kaorti and other Fiend Folio Abberations.

Thurbane
2010-01-11, 08:24 PM
The Spellwarped inherited template turns any animal, dragon, fey, giant, humanoid, magical beast, monstrous humanoid, plant or vermin into aberrations, and is a mighty cool template to boot. It has really good benefits for a relatively low boost to CR; but it's +3 to LA, so it's better on NPC opponents than PCs.

arguskos
2010-01-11, 08:26 PM
Half-Farspawn on something like a fire/frost/storm giant would be pretty scary. Intelligent enough to use its powers cleverly, strong, big, freaky appearance, sounds like a winner to me.

Also, Spellwarped is awesome. :smallbiggrin: