PDA

View Full Version : OOTS Fan Fiction

Zigg
2010-01-11, 05:33 PM
Would anyone be interested in making an OOTS Fan Fiction. I was thinking Around the time of the OOTS formation.

BatRobin
2010-01-11, 05:50 PM
*coughnotexactlyallowedbythegiantcough*

The Dark Fiddler
2010-01-11, 05:56 PM
*coughnotexactlyallowedbythegiantcough*

:smalleek: When did this happen? The 240 pages of the Crack Pairings threads are all doomed! :smalltongue:

veti
2010-01-11, 06:03 PM
Crack pairings are one thing, but filling in gaps in the story with additions that might, just possibly, end up being taken seriously... that's a whole different ball game.

Please don't do it. Or if you must do it, please keep it to yourself.

Zigg
2010-01-11, 06:24 PM
The main comics drop enough hints... Roy leaving fighter college, Durkon leaving dwarven lands, Roy and Durkon fighting their way to the Oracle are all mentioned.

silversaraph
2010-01-11, 08:56 PM
Uhm, the crack pairings thread, uhm. Even if they're "just" crack pairings, they have a LOT of storyline in them.

Kaytara
2010-01-12, 08:42 AM
Yeah, and many of those exploit story holes.

I never really understood how fanfiction is a problem. Wouldn't a fanfiction being "taken seriously" in a way that would negatively impact the original creator require Elan-esque levels of misunderstanding?

SaintRidley
2010-01-12, 09:32 AM
Yeah, and many of those exploit story holes.

I never really understood how fanfiction is a problem. Wouldn't a fanfiction being "taken seriously" in a way that would negatively impact the original creator require Elan-esque levels of misunderstanding?

Given how Elan is a bard, oddly enough I think he would be the type to understand perfectly well the place of fanfiction and issues of canon.

Weird, isn't it? It would take someone with Elan's ability to grasp basic concepts to screw up so royally yet Elan could excel. I don't know whether to be amused or fearful.

Optimystik
2010-01-12, 09:54 AM
Given how Elan is a bard, oddly enough I think he would be the type to understand perfectly well the place of fanfiction and issues of canon.

Elan understands fanfiction perfectly, (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0693.html) I'd say.

zql
2010-01-14, 03:28 PM
Such a misunderstanding is more stupid lawful than anything.

Mystic Muse
2010-01-14, 03:30 PM
here.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138468

you'll need brain bleach. unless you're already insane.