PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Wizard optimization

Exarch
2010-01-11, 08:44 PM
Hey guys!

I'm currently playing in a Pathfinder game with some of my buddies that include a Transmuter Wizard/Fighter (going Eldritch Knight, self-buffer), a Rogue who thinks taking Greater Magic for Magic Missile, Barbarian, and a fairly optimitized face-beater cleric. We're starting at level 3 with 1k gold (yes, half WBL). I want a fairly optimized batman Wizard that is busted but doesn't seem so. I want a debuffer since the self-buffer should be buffing others also.

As an Enchanter, what spells and feasts are my priority? I'm going to be the party face, since apparently everyone else fell out of the ugly tree, so I have spent skill points and a feat to talk to people better.

Thank you all in advance!

Starbuck_II
2010-01-11, 10:04 PM
Never played one, but i can give thoughts.

Well, can you take any flaws (or Pathfinder equivalent)?

Arcane bond: bonded item probably better than a familiar. Extra spell and can grant additional stuff to it as if had magic crafting feat.

As an enchanter: you have a touch of daze (no save), but touch range is dangerous.
You get a bonus to skills to help your talky parts.

Mongoose87
2010-01-11, 10:14 PM
Heroes' Feast is a pretty good feast.

Mushroom Ninja
2010-01-11, 10:44 PM
Treantmonk wrote a guide (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/treatmonks-lab/test) which you might find useful.