PDA

View Full Version : Neverending Dungeon - Corretha

Tanaric
2010-01-11, 09:17 PM
The air surrounding you fairly hums with the residue of magic, an aftereffect of the spell that brought you to this place. A quick glance reveals that you are in a small room, devoid of any life save for yourself. The sound of dripping water can be heard faintly, and the stone walls are slick with moisture. In complete defiance of logic, a torch is already lit, resting in a sconce near the room's single door.
Map:{table]|A_|B_|C_
1|||
2||C|
3|||
4|||[/table]

There is a door at C-4, south side.

DM notes:Sheet. (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=33624)

Koury
2010-01-11, 11:24 PM
I switch into Hunters Sense stance. Assuming I sense nothing I pull out my collapsible rod, fully extend it, and poke and prod every square within 10' of me. If the ceiling isn't within 10' but is within 20' I pull out my second collapsible rod and attach it to the first and prod it also.

I continue this process OCD style until every possible square is prodded. If nothing happens I then search every square (taking 20. Search bonus +7).

If I pick up on anyone via Hunters Sense I'll change actions from there.

Tanaric
2010-01-11, 11:25 PM
Ceiling is 20 feet high.

You poke around like a madman...woman...thing... to no avail.

You don't find anything out of the ordinary on the door, though keep in mind that you don't have Trapfinding.

Also, mind that taking 20 on every square is 2 minutes per search. I hope you brought refreshments.

Koury
2010-01-11, 11:36 PM
I actually DO have food. 3 days worth. :smallbiggrin:

If the door is unlocked and its possible to do so, I open it with my pole.

Failing that, I switch into Child of Shadow stance and move ten feet at the door and open it quickly, trying to get my concealment vs any possible attack. (Move action to the door and move action to open seems just fine to me, right?)

Pole first though, if possible.

Tanaric
2010-01-11, 11:38 PM
Opening the door reveals an unlit hallway running to the south and east. Without a light source, it's impossible to determine more.

Koury
2010-01-11, 11:45 PM
I have low light vision and can see 60' from the torch right next to me. Not that that necessarily changes anything, but you never know.

Well, YOU do, but you know what I mean.

I switch back into Hunters Sense and grab the torch (why use my sunrods when I get a free torch?). I have my pole (all 20 ft) in one hand, prodding everything. My short sword in the other. I am kicking the torch along the ground. I am doing this so as to not catch on fire OR put it out. I will move at half speed if necessary. Also, hide and move silently. Not sure if you roll or me but my mods are H:+7 MS:+8.

*hopes he is allowed to do that*

Tanaric
2010-01-11, 11:49 PM
Unless you roll, I'll assume you're taking 10 on your hide/MS checks when you ask for them. Kicking a torch along the ground probably imposes a penalty of some sort, though.

In any case, taking the torch outside reveals that the hall runs to the south for thirty feet before teeing to the east and west. After twenty feet, it splits east.

It also runs to the east for eighty feet before turning south. After ten feet, it splits to the north and south. After thirty feet, there is a door on the north side of the hall. After sixty feet, it splits to the north and south. At the bend, there is a door on the east face of the hall.

Note that all distances are relative to your current position, which is assumed to be just outside the doorway.

Koury
2010-01-12, 12:36 AM
I head south. I continue my poke and prod method and also search every square I enter (take 10). I peer down the hall that heads east. After that, assuming nothing special, I head down to the E/W split and look both ways.

MS/Hide/Search the whole way. Hunters Sense active. All squares possible proded.

If Hunters Sense picks something up then I'll act from there.

Koury
2010-01-12, 12:58 AM
Also, if any of these apply to anything:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Tanaric
2010-01-12, 12:14 PM
To be clear, you're still poking walls and ceiling squares?

Koury
2010-01-12, 12:21 PM
Yessir. Seems that the benefits (spring traps, possibly find something) outweigh the problems (people notice poles coming from hallways...).

Tanaric
2010-01-12, 01:05 PM
Okie dokie then.

You poke the ceiling 5-ft south of the doorway, and darts shoot out into adjacent squares, 15 feet up.

Assuming you continue on:At the split to the east, you see that he hall continues for ten feet before turning north. Five feet to the north, there's a door on the east side of the hall.

Koury
2010-01-12, 01:11 PM
So if I'm standing at the cross of the sideways T, the door is three squares east and one square up, on the east side?

Just making sure.

I continue south to check the E/W hall.

Tanaric
2010-01-12, 02:51 PM
Correct.

At the east/west T, the hall continues west for ten feet before turning south, or east for forty feet before turning north. After thirty-five feet, there's a door on the north side of the hall. A large bullseye is painted on the ground outside the door.

Koury
2010-01-12, 09:14 PM
I'll go west and peer down the south hall.

Tanaric
2010-01-12, 09:17 PM
It runs south for ten feet before turning east.

Koury
2010-01-12, 09:26 PM
Well, I'm gonna have to open one of these doors at some point.

I go back to the north hall, then go down the first east hall towards the door. I am still going cautiously, proding and whatnot. When I get to the second north hall (the one with the door) I peer around before proceeding. Assuming the square doesn't have some trap activate, I stand near the door, trying to pick up on someone with my Hunters Sense.

If I pick up on no one, I leave the torch there, back up 10 ft, switch into Child of Shadow, wait 6 seconds, move 10 ft to the door and open it.

Tanaric
2010-01-12, 09:29 PM
At the first split to the north and south, the hall goes north for twenty feet before turning east. It goes south for twenty feet before turning west. Fifteen feet to the south, there is a door on the east side of the hall.

Ten feet beyond the split, you poke the floor and it falls out, revealing a twenty foot deep pit.

Hunter's Sense is a standard 30-ft Scent, yes?

Koury
2010-01-12, 09:32 PM
I assume so.
As long as you are in this stance, you
gain the scent special ability (MM 314).

I don't feel like looking through the MM, honestly :smallbiggrin:

Tanaric
2010-01-12, 09:40 PM
It smells dungeon-y then. What are you planning to do with the pit?

Koury
2010-01-12, 09:47 PM
Where is it exactly? How big?

Here is my current version of the map.

Map
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac357/KouryCasey/NED-1.jpg

The blue square is for directions. The doors are brown lines.

Tanaric
2010-01-12, 09:48 PM
Ten feet east of the blue square.

Five feet wide.

Koury
2010-01-12, 09:51 PM
Anything glaringly wrong with the map so far?

I ignore the pit for now. I head south toward the door.

Assuming the square doesn't have some trap activate, I stand near the door, trying to pick up on someone with my Hunters Sense.

If I pick up on no one, I leave the torch there, back up 10 ft, switch into Child of Shadow, wait 6 seconds, move 10 ft to the door and open it.

Tanaric
2010-01-12, 09:52 PM
You poke the floor five feet south of the intersection (blue square on your map) and the floor falls out there as well.

Your map appears to be completely correct at a glance.

Koury
2010-01-12, 09:53 PM
OK, I loop around. Same opening process.

Tanaric
2010-01-12, 09:56 PM
Interesting conundrum: can you smell things through closed doors?

Logic says the scent would carry through the cracks, but no game mechanics spring to mind that say yea or nay off the bat. Unless LoE comes into play here. Eh.

We'll say you smell something, until I'm proven wrong.

Are you taking a move action to note direction?

Koury
2010-01-12, 09:59 PM
Yeah. Attempt to pinpoint also.

I sure hope I can scent through doors. Thats my whole reason for taking Hunters Sense. To scan through doors. :smallbiggrin:

Tanaric
2010-01-12, 10:01 PM
Pinpoint is only within 5ft for Scent. The smell is coming from the southeast of the door.

Koury
2010-01-12, 10:10 PM
Is the door wooden? If so... I set the door on fire and move back into the hall (away from the pit). I leave the torch at the base of the door.

Tanaric
2010-01-12, 10:11 PM
Unless otherwise mentioned, all doors are sliding metal.

Koury
2010-01-12, 10:14 PM
Simply to spite me? :smallamused:

*to self* Its ok, inner pyro. You'll get your chance...

Ahem.

OK, I'm gonna stand near the door for about 5 minutes. See if anything else wanders into scent range and see how the thing I have is acting.

Tanaric
2010-01-12, 10:16 PM
No, because that's how it's been ever since the first person asked me to describe them. :smalltongue:

The smell appears to be staying stationary.

Koury
2010-01-12, 10:33 PM
OK, assuming this course of action is valid, switch into Child of Shadow, wait 6 seconds, move action to open door, standard action to ready action. Trigger: See something to my southeast within 30 ft. Action: partial charge.

Tanaric
2010-01-12, 10:34 PM
Nope, not legal. Initiative is rolled on sight. You won't have time to ready an action.

Koury
2010-01-12, 10:36 PM
So he knows I am there? Otherwise I should get a surprise round where my charge can go.

Not that its terrible hard to imagine he knows I'm there, but it seems odd that he'd stay in a corner for 5 minutes not moving.

Tanaric
2010-01-12, 10:42 PM
Poor reprogramming when my army of mages mindraped everyone into being okay with being in the dungeon? :smalltongue:

And yes, I'm aware that normally you'd get a surprise round. But you can't have a surprise round on everything that's behind a door here. The alternative is to have them wandering around in a large open area, and that is a royal pain in the rear to map out for you.

Koury
2010-01-12, 10:50 PM
So I opened the door really effectively and to make things fair I shall be denied a surprise round? I can handle "Be less effective."

Could I talk you into a Init bonus?

Regardless, we'll go with this entry method:

10 ft back, torch at door. Switch into CoS. Wait 6 seconds. Move to door, move to open door. Init.

[roll0]

Here goes nothing.

Tanaric
2010-01-12, 10:54 PM
Opening the door reveals the following room:
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3|||||
4||||B|H[/table]
There is a door at A-2, which you are just outside of, another at E-4, south side and another at E-3. There is a human wearing a chain shirt and holding a longsword standing behind a beast with patchy dark fur that covers its unhealthy shrunken black skin in some places. Open sores dot its hide and a feral, catlike head glances with it's blank eyes at the wall in front of it.

Initiative: [roll0]

Koury
2010-01-12, 11:06 PM
Move to D3. Initiate Steel Wind to attack them both.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

How are we handling immediate actions?

Tanaric
2010-01-12, 11:09 PM
Declare your intent to use them when X happens, and trust me not to be so obsessed with killing you that I intentionally ruin your gaming experience?

Your attack misses the human, and passes through the beast. A moment later, it vanishes.

The man starts to cast a spell. Take your AoO.

Koury
2010-01-12, 11:15 PM
I had no thoughts of you ruining anything. I was more wondering how to avoid you rolling for two people, one missing and one hitting and me saying Immediate Action to avoid the hit. If I can pick and choose like that, sweet, but I just didn't want to lose my chance to dodge. Nothing about you at all.

So, AoO... Can I initiate Steely Strike?

[roll0] Plus 4 if I can initiate.
[roll1]

Koury
2010-01-12, 11:16 PM
Also,

[roll0]

Tanaric
2010-01-12, 11:24 PM
(That was just a general comment. I wasn't accusing you of accusing me of... *handwave* Anyway.)

Your AoO misses. You can't initiate Steely Strike as an AoO, since Steely Strike's activation is a standard action. An AoO isn't a standard action.

A wave of color washes over you. Will save.

(I doubt you need spellcraft for that, but it's Color Spray.)

Koury
2010-01-12, 11:29 PM
Immediate Action Abrupt Jaunt out of the area (specifically B3).

Assuming my turn, move up to him in a manor taking 10 ft of move.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Tanaric
2010-01-12, 11:32 PM
Before his turn is over, he moves to C-3 (might as well put that longsword of his to use, after all.)

Tumble to avoid an AoO, or did you want to change the movement part of your turn?

Koury
2010-01-12, 11:34 PM
Yeah, I'll just lose my conceal and take my (assumed) hit.

Tanaric
2010-01-12, 11:38 PM
Yes indeedy. A solid hit, but he's still up. He 5-fts away and casts Color Spray in your direction again.

Koury
2010-01-12, 11:43 PM
So, AoO?

[roll0]
[roll1]

If that misses then Jaunt away again.

Koury
2010-01-12, 11:44 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Tanaric
2010-01-12, 11:48 PM
You said you Jaunted to B-3 last turn. He moved up to you. On his turn, he stepped away and cast a spell. Unless I'm missing something, your shortsword doesn't have reach.

Where are you Jaunting to, again?

Koury
2010-01-12, 11:52 PM
My bad. I misread "He 5fts away" as "He is 5 ft away"

I jaunt and appear at his side. Any chance of me keeping that crit for my attack?

Tanaric
2010-01-12, 11:55 PM
Sure, not that it matters much. He goes down hard. 150 xp, the listed gear, plus a spell component pouch.

Koury
2010-01-13, 12:10 AM
I take the chain shirt, assuming I can stuff it in my pack.

I retrieve my torch (aka, begin kicking it around again) and poke around the room. I spend some time Searching the walls, taking 20 on the doors, but 10 on the rest. I switch into Hunters Sense near the doors.

If all seems well, I pull my CoS 10 ft move door open technique on the east wall door.

Tanaric
2010-01-13, 12:12 AM
Opening the door reveals a hallway running to the north and south. To the north, it runs for ten feet before turning east. To the south, it runs for ten feet before turning west.

Koury
2010-01-13, 12:22 AM
Poking my way along, I go and look down the east hall.

My maneuvers are refreshed, correct? If not, do whatever to refresh them. If so, yeah, keep going.

Koury
2010-01-13, 01:05 AM
Current Map: (Now with better walls!)
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac357/KouryCasey/NED-2.jpg

I'll assume whenever I post a map you'll tell me if I've got something horribly wrong? I don't care for a square by square analysis, but if I am missing a whole hall or something...

I'm fairly confident in this map currently, however.

Tanaric
2010-01-13, 03:24 PM
The hall goes east for twenty feet before turning north. Fifteen feet along, there's a door on the south side of the hall. Five feet north of the bend, you can make out that there is a large blue notecard hanging from the wall there.

Koury
2010-01-13, 07:17 PM
Poke and prod my way to the doorway. Hunters Sense on the whole way.

If I pick up nothing via scent, I move 10 ft back, switch into CoS, wait 6 seconds, move to door, open door.

Tanaric
2010-01-14, 06:12 PM
You smell something inside the room. I assume you're going to get a better sense of direction before opening the door?

Koury
2010-01-14, 06:16 PM
Yessir. Also, if I can, I try to discern if its only one scent or if its more.

Tanaric
2010-01-14, 06:23 PM
One, south of the door.

Koury
2010-01-14, 06:42 PM
I'm 10' from the note card. Can I read it from here?

EDIT: Less, depending on if vision has the same rules as movement or not.

Tanaric
2010-01-14, 06:44 PM
The only rules for reading things that I know of comes from Explosive Runes, which says you have to be adjacent to read stuff.

Koury
2010-01-14, 06:54 PM
So in D&D, billboards are useless? :smallbiggrin:

I'll deal with that card later.

So, I can't open/charge...

I'll try a little multitasking. Take 20 searching the door square, at the same time, paying attention to the scent to see if I can tell if its moving.

Tanaric
2010-01-14, 06:58 PM
Technically, a search is a full-round action, while determining scent direction is a move action. They're not really compatible.

Unless you want to do one after the other.

Koury
2010-01-14, 07:03 PM
Yeah, sure. Whats the difference between 2 minutes and 2 minutes and ~2.5 seconds? :smallsmile:

And rules for reading lips say within 30 ft. Surely thats fairly similar to reading a note card in terms of noticing details at range.

Tanaric
2010-01-14, 07:06 PM
The rules also say you drown up to 0hp. :smallbiggrin:

It doesn't really make sense, but the only way I know of to read normal text is by being adjacent to the object to be read.

The smell is in the same direction as before. You don't find anything out of the ordinary on the door.

Koury
2010-01-14, 07:11 PM
What if I had a spyglass?

Anyway, the door. Standard opening procedure, I guess. Move 10 ft west and switch into CoS stance, wait 6 seconds, move to the door and move action to open.

[roll0]

Tanaric
2010-01-14, 07:29 PM
Opening the door reveals the following room:{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3||1|||
4|||||
5|||||[/table]

There is a door at B-1, which you are just outside of, and another at B-5.

There is an orc inside the room, garbed in chainmail and wielding a two-handed spear with a serrated, stabbing head. He has a javelin strapped to his side.

Koury
2010-01-14, 07:38 PM
OK, I charge (truly the poor mans power attack) him. I assume I can't use a maneuver on a charge? (I'd use my +4 attack one if I could)

[roll0]
[roll1]

Tanaric
2010-01-15, 12:53 AM
Correct. A charge is movement+a melee attack. Manuevers have a specific activation type (Standard, swift, immediate, full-round), which a charge does not include.

You hit and knock him into the negatives. Assuming you CDG him, 150 xp, chainmail, ripper, and sundark goggles.

Koury
2010-01-15, 01:02 AM
Nice. One shots are fun. Pick up the glasses. Poke around the whole room, take 10 on wall square search checks and 20 on door squares. I only poke middle of the room squares. Also, I'm an elf. I doubt its mattered yet, but I get my nifty auto searches for passing by hidden doors.

After that, assuming nothing of interest, I Hunters Sense by the south door. No scent means I'll do my CoS door open thing.

Random side note: I hope Rahl takes my offer. If he doesn't that means he most likely has something up his sleeve I'm unaware of. And I'd rather him call the match then get eaten by a shark trying to get near me.

Tanaric
2010-01-15, 01:05 AM
To be clear, you said you're only poking middle of the room squares. Does that mean you're leaving a ring of unpoked squares/walls/etc around the room?

Koury
2010-01-15, 01:07 AM
Sorry, no. Outside squares get the full treatment. Poke and take 10 search. Pretty much any time I'm not measuring time in rounds, I'm poking squares.

Tanaric
2010-01-15, 01:15 AM
In that case, when you poke the wall at E-2, it crumbles to dust, revealing a hall running to the east for ten feet before turning south.

Koury
2010-01-15, 01:27 AM
I complete my sweep of the room, including switching into HS by the door. If nothing turns up, I'll do my CoS door open move.

Tanaric
2010-01-15, 01:46 AM
Opening the door reveals a hallway running to the east and west. To the west, it runs for sixty-five feet before turning north. To the east, it runs further than you can see.

Koury
2010-01-15, 03:56 AM
Sorry, had to write what I believe to be an almost-if-not-more-than thousand word post for one of my campaigns :smalleek:

Anyway, on my map it seems like the westward hall is only 60 ft from my point.

Map:
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac357/KouryCasey/NED-3.jpg

I'll head back and proceed down the hidden hall, prodding along. I'll turn the first corner and what I assume to be the second corner (based on my map). Hunters Sense stance.

Tanaric
2010-01-15, 04:21 AM
The doors are in the B row, not the A row of that room. So 65 feet. Secret door is also one square north.

You go east ten feet, south ten feet, and, assuming you want to continue on, east thirty feet before the hall turns north. It runs for ten feet before turning east. Five feet to the north of your square, you poke the floor and it falls out, revealing another pit trap.

Koury
2010-01-15, 09:04 PM
So, the secret hall, so far, is like a wide 'u'? And the pit is on the right side of the 'u' in the middle of the three N/S squares?

As for the jump, I fail on a 10 or less. I think I'll head back for now.

I head through the south door of the orc room and proceed east. Hunter sense stance, poking and prodding.

Tanaric
2010-01-15, 10:18 PM
Correct.

Heading east from the room, you encounter a pit after thirty feet.

Koury
2010-01-16, 01:02 AM
OK, time to get jumping. I just didn't have the room before. First I poke the hell out of my landing square and the square beyond it.

Then I toss the spare chain shirt I picked up across (its putting me over light load). I'll aim 10 ft past the hole. If I need an attack roll to do that and I miss, doesn't it deviate one square random direction? If so it can only land on flat ground and I don't care which one it lands on. Then I collapse my poles and stow them. Sheath my sword. I pick up the torch.

I'll switch into CoS because it seems cooler to jump a pit in CoS then HS. I back up 20 ft. I get a running start and jump.

[roll0] vs DC 5

If I roll 1-5:
[roll1] vs DC 15
[roll2] vs DC 15

If I roll a -1-0:
Well, I'll just have to not roll a -1-0.

On the other side, I retrieve my gear, re-extend my pole, switch back into HS, drop the torch, pull out my sword and anything else I'm forgetting to get back into my standard movement. I continue poking along.

Tanaric
2010-01-16, 02:31 AM
You land on the other side with ease.

Twenty feet beyond the pit, you poke the north wall and trigger a trap.

Make a fort save.

Koury
2010-01-16, 02:46 AM
What happened? Gas? Some sort of arrow or needles? Just curious as to what got me 20 ft away.

[roll0]

Tanaric
2010-01-16, 02:57 AM
You just feel a magical effect sapping your vitality.

You take [roll0] nonlethal damage.

Koury
2010-01-16, 03:00 AM
Damn, my 17 wasn't good enough?

OK. I press on. I keep going until a trap/pit/door/hallway splits.

Tanaric
2010-01-16, 03:04 AM
Oh, you passed the save... but the damage is independent of that.

Update coming later. I need sleep.

Koury
2010-01-16, 03:10 AM
*opens up spell books* What'd you hit me with? I must have failed my Spellcraft check.

Actually, can I do that with a magic trap?

[roll0]

Anyway, answer me tomorrow. Go to bed.

Tanaric
2010-01-16, 01:16 PM
Sunstroke. It's in Sandstorm.

Koury
2010-01-16, 01:42 PM
Ah, I literally picked up that book last night. Haven't gone through it yet.

Anyway, to quote myself from earlier: "OK. I press on. I keep going until a trap/pit/door/hallway splits."

EDIT: Wait, did you just tell me or does Spellcraft work on traps?

Tanaric
2010-01-16, 01:45 PM
Once you get pew-pewed by the actual spell, yes?

Unless I'm just completely mental and imagining things.

Update coming once I make the new threads.

Koury
2010-01-18, 09:58 AM
Yeah, after I get nonlethal damaged-up I press on.

Tanaric
2010-01-18, 10:27 PM
Sorry, got distracted for a bit, then was out of town for a few days.

Twenty feet beyond the Sunstroke trap, you find another pit in the hall. Fifteen feet beyond it, the hall turns north.

Koury
2010-01-20, 02:19 PM
Using the same "Throw things over" strategy as before, I make a running jump over the pit.

[roll0] vs DC 5

In case of a lower-than-5 result:

[roll1] vs DC 15

If successful, I press on.

Tanaric
2010-01-21, 11:04 AM
You continue east to the turn, then north for twenty feet, then west for thirty feet before finding yourself to the north of the pit in the elongated "U" hallway.

Koury
2010-01-21, 11:30 AM
I got back the way I came, jumping over both pits, then turn north into the room with the secret doorway. I go north out of that room and move up to the notecard (poking my way forward, as normal).

I read it.

If it says I prepared explosive runes this morning, Tanaric, so help me god...

[roll0] vs DC 5
[roll1] vs DC 5

[roll2]

Tanaric
2010-01-22, 01:37 PM
It says "Burn me for help in times of trouble."

Koury
2010-01-22, 01:40 PM
I search that area carefully before removing it. If it doesn't somehow kill me, I proceed north (I have no info on what the hall to the north looks like.)

Tanaric
2010-01-23, 03:40 PM
The hall goes north for ten feet from the split, then east for twenty feet before ending in a blank wall. After ten feet, it splits north.

Tanaric
2010-01-25, 03:48 PM
*poke to trigger subscription*

Koury
2010-01-25, 03:54 PM
I... Wait, what? Apparently I updated my map but didn't post any actions :smallannoyed:

OK, I move to investigate the dead end. Pokes all the way and take 20 at the end. If nothing, I continue down the hall until a pit/door/Hunter's Sense picks something up/whatever.

Tanaric
2010-01-26, 03:12 PM
The wall at the end of the hall crumbles at your touch, revealing the following room:{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_
1||||||
2||||||
3|||1|||
4||||||
5||||||
6||||||[/table]

There is a rather startled looking kobold in the room, wearing studded leather armor and holding a shortsword.

There are doors at A-6, west side, E-1, and F-4. Your "door" is at A-4.

You have a surprise round.

You have a surprise round.

Tanaric
2010-01-27, 11:04 PM
And another poke to trigger subscription. If you're aware of this but just busy with other stuff, let me know.

Koury
2010-01-27, 11:39 PM
"Partial Charge!" Corretha shouts, charging partially.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]

EDIT: Cool. I was hoping to roll a 2, a 3 and a 4:smallannoyed:

Tanaric
2010-01-28, 06:20 PM
Yeahno, that misses. :smalltongue:

Tumble: [roll0] vs DC 15 to avoid AoO as he moves away and back again, shadows writhing about he form as he goes (20% concealment).

He takes a swing at you: [roll1] for [roll2] + [roll3]

If it hits, make a will save.

Koury
2010-01-28, 06:34 PM
AoO:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Initiate whatever my +4 AB maneuver is.

[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4] (1-20 is a miss)

EDIT: :smallfurious:!!!

3/3/2/1/3

Really?

Tanaric
2010-01-29, 02:25 PM
Heh. :smalltongue:

And again.

Tumble: [roll]1d20+8[/toll] vs DC 15.

Attack, this time with a flaming sword: [roll0] for [roll1] + [roll2]

It was a battle of attrition; it was a battle of incompetence.

Koury
2010-01-30, 06:51 PM
Initiate Sapphire Nightmare Blade.

[roll0] vs AC

[roll1]; vs Flat-footed if Concentration is successful, -2 if not.
[roll2] (plus [roll3] if Concentration successful.

Also, you're an ettin.

Tanaric
2010-02-01, 02:00 AM
Forgot to roll tumble properly: [roll0]

Take an AoO first.

Koury
2010-02-02, 12:57 AM
AoO:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Did my Conc. check hit? :smallconfused:

EDIT: Woah, it probably doesn't matter :smallbiggrin:

Tanaric
2010-02-02, 12:58 AM
It certainly doesn't matter. He's down. Chain shirt, shortsword, three gemstones.

Koury
2010-02-02, 01:03 AM
Gemstones, yummy. I'll take all three.

I'll move to the door at E1, standard checks and open it if it appears safe.

Tanaric
2010-02-02, 06:30 PM
It opens into an east/west hallway. To the west, it runs for twenty-five feet before turning north. To the east, it runs for thirty-five feet before turning south. After five feet, it splits north.

Koury
2010-02-23, 08:09 PM
I have lost all my maps (well, my one map) of this place due to being more homeless then I care to be. This is the cause of my delay here. I have no real idea where to go anymore :smallsigh:

So, I continue down the closest unexplored hall, poking my way along, Hunters Sense active.

term1nally s1ck
2010-04-10, 08:51 PM
I'ma taking over as Dm.

Anyway, if you let me know which encounters you've been through, I'll make you a map.

Koury
2010-04-10, 09:29 PM
Map:
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac357/KouryCasey/NED-3.jpg

I've seen a little more then this (like I know the hidden hallway wraps around), but thats about it.

term1nally s1ck
2010-04-11, 12:17 AM
Plus the kobold's room...Ok.

The nearest hallway is the one 5' away, so you go 10' north, 30' east, 20' north, and 15' west, and find yourself facing a door.