PDA

View Full Version : [4e,3.5 knowladge required] Help me revise these 3.5 prestiege classes to 4e

Gamerlord
2010-01-11, 09:30 PM
So, I want to revise these (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125630) two (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131809) 3.5 prestige classes to 4e paragon paths, but I cant figure out what powers they should have,or what classes they should be for.

Any ideas?

Crossfiyah
2010-01-12, 05:39 AM
Planeguardian sounds like it has a similar agenda to the primal spriits. I'd say make it a purely anti-aberrant paragon path, designed for any primal class to take.

As for Blessed Blood, make it Paladin, Sorcerer as the requirements, so someone would have to multiclass into the other in order to take it.

Mando Knight
2010-01-12, 10:09 AM
Planeguardian I would put in prerequisites as training in... probably Arcana, Religion, or Dungeoneering, and having a Natural (that is, your race doesn't specify it) origin. Then, I would have one of its "features" be a clause that disqualifies it for any feat or Epic Destiny that changes the character's origin. Like the Champion of Order PP, I would be tempted to give it +2d6 damage against Aberrations and Elementals, but I'd be hesitant to extend it to Immortals, due to the massive predominance of other-origin beings at higher levels. Fey and Shadow beings would be fine, though...

I'll write something up for the PPs later, since I've got a class in like 10 minutes.

Sir Homeslice
2010-01-12, 11:23 AM
Warning: following Paragon Path may be ludicrously good. I don't care, it's easier to write ludicrously good and then later nerf it to fix, rather than making something ludicrously weak and then having to hem and haw over how ludicrously weak it is and appropriate fixes. Also I wrote this while having no sleep and having finished watching Kamen Rider Decade: All Riders vs Dai-Shocker.

Divine Spellsword
"I AM A LARGE HAM AND I MUST MAKE IT WELL KNOWN TO ALL MY FELLOWS THAT I CANNOT SPEAK SOFTER THAN THIS."

Prerequisite: Paladin and sorceror, must have one sorceror encounter power.

blah blah fluff blah generic divine spellsowrd name blah blah also called the blessed blood blah blah

The Blessed Blood Features
Blessed Action (11th level): When you spend an action point to make an attack, you may also use any sorcerer encounter attack power you know as a free action after the attack, even if you have expended it during this encounter. This attack does not provoke opportunity attacks.
Paladin Traditions (11th level): You may use holy symbols and any weapon you are proficient in as implements for sorcerer attack powers.
Arcane Sacrifice (11th level): You may choose to expend a sorcerer attack power you know as a free action to no benefit. If you do, you may add its level to your next damage roll, blind an enemy you hit before the end of your next turn (save ends), or recharge a paladin attack power of a lower level with the same usage limitation (ie: sorcerer encounter attack power to recharge a paladin encounter attack power). You may use this feature once per encounter.
Arcane Understanding (16th level): You may use one sorcerer encounter attack power twice per encounter. You also gain a second level sorcerer utility power. At 21st level, you may retrain the utility power you gain from this feature to a 6th level sorcerer utility power.

Divine Spellsword Powers

Unmaking Smite Divine Spellsword Attack 11
blah blah arcane word blah blah divine beatdown
Encounter + Divine, Radiant, Weapon
Standard Action Melee Weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Charisma vs AC, Fortitude
Hit (AC): 2[W]+Charisma modifier radiant damage and the target is blinded until the end of your next turn. If the target is a devil or a demon, it takes ongoing 10 radiant damage (save ends). If you hit with the Fortitude attack of this power, the target takes 20 ongoing damage (save ends) if it is a devil or a demon.
Hit (Fortitude): 3[W]+Charisma modifier radiant damage. If the target is a devil or a demon, it takes 10 ongoing damage (save ends). If you hit with the AC attack of this power, the target takes 20 ongoing damage (save ends) if it is a devil or a demon.
Special: You make only one attack per target, but compare that attack result against all three defenses. A target might be subject to any, all, or none of the effects depending on how many of its defenses were hit. The target must make a saving throw against each ongoing effect separately.

Sorcerous Challenge Divine Spellsword Utility 12
blah blah magic in blood, blah blah rapetrain choo choo
Daily + Divine
Standard Action Personal
Effect: Your divine challenge and divine sanction deal extra radiant damage equal to your charisma modifier until the end of your next turn.
Sustain Minor: The effect persists.

Unfailing Justice Divine Spellsword Attack 20
blah blah you hate demons and devils, blah blah putting all your sorcerous eggs in a basket
Daily + Divine, Radiant, Weapon
Standard Action Melee Weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Charisma vs AC. If the target is a demon or devil, you gain a +2 bonus to the attack roll.
Hit: 6[w]+Charisma modifier radiant damage. If the target is a demon or devil, it is stunned and takes a -2 penalty to all defenses (save ends).
Miss: Half damage. If the target is a demon or devil, it is dazed until the start of your next turn.
Special: Before making the attack, you may expend sorcerer attack powers to no effect. For every sorcerer attack power you expend, you deal 1[w] extra damage.

Yakk
2010-01-12, 11:39 AM
Utterly random commentary on the previous paragon path.

When you spend an action point to make an attack, you may also use any sorcerer encounter attack power you know as a free action after the attack, even if you have expended it during this encounter. This attack does not provoke opportunity attacks.
Not good enough. Make it "you may also select up to 5 targets in burst 5, and reduce their HP to 0".

Wait, you are trying to break the game, right?

Paladin Traditions (11th level): You may use holy symbols and any weapon you are proficient in as implements for sorcerer attack powers.
Ok.

Arcane Sacrifice (11th level)
You get 2 features at level 11, not 3.

Arcane Understanding (16th level)
Other than it being a generic sorcerer thing, how does this fit the class?

And in any case, not strong enough. "You may use sorcerer encounter powers as at-will powers, they gain the divine keyword, and you may use all of your sorcerer daily powers once per encounter without expending them."

Unmaking Smite Divine
I mean, only 5[W] from a level 11 encounter power? Don't be silly -- make it at least 50[W]!

Oh, and your wording is crappy. The ongoing damage is badly worded, and almost certainly doesn't do what you intended it to do.

Sorcerous Challenge
Actually interesting.

Unfailing Justice
'sorcerer attack powers'? You might want to not allow at-will attack powers.

6[W] is pretty high for a level 20 power.

stunned (save ends) is a huge amount of control. The -2 defences seems silly next to it.

Mando Knight
2010-01-12, 01:48 PM
Ideas for Blessed Blood:

Obviously, Paladin/Sorcerer blending (leaning heavily towards Sorcerer) is the intent of the PrC. Thus, doing the same is a good idea for the PP. However, Smite Evil has been replaced mostly by Divine Challenge as the Paladin's big draw, and the Sorcerer is based on a single class feature with four radically different options. I'll try, though...

Blessed Blood (11th Level): You gain Resist 10 Radiant, and your arcane and divine attack powers ignore any target's resistance to Radiant damage up to your resist Radiant value. Your resistance to Radiant damage increases to 15 at level 21.
Divine Sorcery (11th Level): You can use any implement that you can use for Paladin or Sorcerer attack powers with Blessed Blood's attack powers.
Sanctioned Action (11th Level): When you spend an action point to use an attack power, your attack also subjects any hit enemies to your Divine Sanction (see Divine Power). This Divine Sanction lasts until the start of your next turn.
Holy Blast (16th Level): Once per turn, you deal +2d6 radiant damage to one enemy you hit with an arcane or divine attack power.

Magic Smite (Attack 11)
Encounter * Arcane, Implement, Radiant
Standard Action.......Ranged 20
Target: One Creature
Attack: Charisma vs Reflex
Hit: 3d8+Charisma modifier radiant damage, and if the target is marked by you, it gains vulnerable 10 Radiant until the end of your next turn.

Mage's Healing (Utility 12)
Daily * Arcane, Healing
Minor Action.......Close burst 5
Target: You or one ally in burst.
Effect: You can spend a healing surge and regain no HP. The target recovers HP equal to his healing surge plus your Charisma modifier.

Blinding Flash (Attack 20)
Daily * Arcane, Implement, Radiant
Standard Action.......Close burst 3
Target: Each enemy in burst
Attack: Charisma vs Will
Hit: 2d10+Charisma modifier radiant damage, and the target is blinded (save ends).
Miss: Half damage.

...Definitely not sure on the damage rolls. Should be roughly balanced with other Sorcerer powers. Blinding Flash deals less damage due to its burst and blinding.

Notes on the 3.5 version:Blinding Flash doesn't specify which spell levels you can expend. This means that you can spam it with level 1 and 0 spells if need be.

You also need to note whether the abilities are (Ex), (Su), or (Sp), as they have slightly different rules.

Furthermore, Healing Mastery could probably be better reworded as "You know and can cast cure spells from the Cleric list as bonus Sorcerer spells known." since this would clarify that 1.) you cast them as if you were a Cleric instead of a Druid, Paladin, or Ranger (unless you want it that way), 2.) you cast them at your Sorcerer caster level instead of your Paladin caster level, 3.) you know these spells, but they don't count towards your Sorcerer spells known. However, this can get a little broken, as most cure spells aren't in the Paladin spell list, so the Sorcerer ends up casting cure spells that a straight up Paladin never could. Instead, I would give it a feature where the Paladin, Sorcerer, and Blessed Blood levels stack for the Lay on Hands class feature, probably giving Lay on Hands itself as well in case it's a Sorcerer who took Paladin as a 1-level dip rather than a 2-level dip.

Gamerlord
2010-01-12, 02:41 PM
You also need to note whether the abilities are (Ex), (Su), or (Sp), as they have slightly different rules.

I have been planing on that, but I never have gotten around to it.

Yakk
2010-01-12, 05:46 PM
Ideas for Blessed Blood:

Obviously, Paladin/Sorcerer blending (leaning heavily towards Sorcerer) is the intent of the PrC. Thus, doing the same is a good idea for the PP. However, Smite Evil has been replaced mostly by Divine Challenge as the Paladin's big draw, and the Sorcerer is based on a single class feature with four radically different options. I'll try, though...

Blessed Blood (11th Level): You gain Resist 10 Radiant, and your arcane and divine attack powers ignore any target's resistance to Radiant damage up to your resist Radiant value. Your resistance to Radiant damage increases to 15 at level 21.
That is a great choice. Slides the Paladin divine/radiant thing into the Sorcerer's class feature.

Divine Sorcery (11th Level): You can use any implement that you can use for Paladin or Sorcerer attack powers with Blessed Blood's attack powers.
Heck, I'd extend this; you can use any Paladin or Sorcerer implement as an implement with the other class.

Sanctioned Action (11th Level): When you spend an action point to use an attack power, your attack also subjects any hit enemies to your Divine Sanction (see Divine Power). This Divine Sanction lasts until the start of your next turn.
Ooo, this is quite nice. And it works wonderfully when you use a sorcerer AOE.

Holy Blast (16th Level): Once per turn, you deal +2d6 radiant damage to one enemy you hit with an arcane or divine attack power.
That is pretty boring.

I'd make it +damage when you hit with an arcane attack power against a target marked by you, which creates a wonderful mix of abilities.

I'm not sure how much +damage. +2d6 is a lot of bonus damage.

Magic Smite (Attack 11)
Encounter * Arcane, Implement, Radiant
Standard Action.......Ranged 20
Target: One Creature
Hit: 3d8+Charisma modifier radiant damage, and if the target is marked by you, it gains vulnerable 10 Radiant until the end of your next turn.
Relatively boring. We can do better.

Chromatic Smite
Encounter * Arcane, Implement
Standard Action + Close Burst 1
Targets: Enemies in Burst
Hit: 1d8+Charisma modifier damage whose type is the same as your current resistances, and the target gains vulnerable 10 to types equal to your current resistances until the end of your next turn.
Special: This power gains keywords the same as your current resistances. Current resistances in this power does not include "resist all".

This pours out a bunch of painful vulnerability on the target, mixes the paladin and sorcerer damage types (ie, radiant), and is a melee power (ie, paladin-like).

I changed it to close burst 1, because it gives at least 1 power for the level 12 utility rework I did to apply to. Even at 1d8 damage, the vulnerability on possibly multiple targets will be very sweet to use next turn. And as a close attack, it encourages mixing it up in melee.

Mage's Healing (Utility 12)
Daily * Arcane, Healing
Minor Action.......Close burst 5
Target: You or one ally in burst.
Effect: You can spend a healing surge and regain no HP. The target recovers HP equal to his healing surge plus your Charisma modifier.
This is just a range 5 lay on hands use, isn't it? ... zzz.

Arcane Healing (Utility 12)
Daily * Arcane, Healing
Free Action
Trigger: An ally is within the radius of one of your burst or blast arcane attack powers.
Target: The ally within the burst or blast.
Effect: You can spend a healing surge and regain no HP. The target recovers HP equal to his healing surge value and may roll a saving throw against one effect.

Isn't that more fun?

Blinding Flash (Attack 20)
Daily * Arcane, Implement, Radiant
Standard Action.......Close burst 3
Target: Each enemy in burst
Attack: Charisma vs Will
Hit: 2d10+Charisma modifier radiant damage, and the target is blinded (save ends).
Miss: Half damage.

...Definitely not sure on the damage rolls. Should be roughly balanced with other Sorcerer powers. Blinding Flash deals less damage due to its burst and blinding.
Other than being a radiant arcane attack power, how does this mix paladin and sorcerer?

Notes on the 3.5 version:
Blinding Flash doesn't specify which spell levels you can expend. This means that you can spam it with level 1 and 0 spells if need be.
Oh, it is a power from the PrC you are porting.

Crossfiyah
2010-01-13, 05:32 AM
Note:

If one of the features is minor, or doesn't affect gameplay much, much like using implements from one class for another, you usually gain 3 features at 11, rather than 2.

Mando Knight
2010-01-13, 09:27 AM
I'd make it +damage when you hit with an arcane attack power against a target marked by you, which creates a wonderful mix of abilities.

I'm not sure how much +damage. +2d6 is a lot of bonus damage.
True. I pulled out 2d6 from Champion of Order's 16th level bonus, which smashes up demons like there's no tomorrow.

Relatively boring. We can do better.

Chromatic Smite
Encounter * Arcane, Implement
Standard Action + Close Burst 1
Targets: Enemies in Burst
Hit: 1d8+Charisma modifier damage whose type is the same as your current resistances, and the target gains vulnerable 10 to types equal to your current resistances until the end of your next turn.
Special: This power gains keywords the same as your current resistances. Current resistances in this power does not include "resist all".

This pours out a bunch of painful vulnerability on the target, mixes the paladin and sorcerer damage types (ie, radiant), and is a melee power (ie, paladin-like).

I changed it to close burst 1, because it gives at least 1 power for the level 12 utility rework I did to apply to. Even at 1d8 damage, the vulnerability on possibly multiple targets will be very sweet to use next turn. And as a close attack, it encourages mixing it up in melee.
That is a bit better. I was starting with something reasonably balanced that would still work, to give a reasonable starting point to play around with. I wouldn't necessarily call it "Chromatic Smite," since that could invoke the idea of it being used primarily by followers of Tiamat...

This is just a range 5 lay on hands use, isn't it? ... zzz.

Arcane Healing (Utility 12)
Daily * Arcane, Healing
Free Action
Trigger: An ally is within the radius of one of your burst or blast arcane attack powers.
Target: The ally within the burst or blast.
Effect: You can spend a healing surge and regain no HP. The target recovers HP equal to his healing surge value and may roll a saving throw against one effect.

Isn't that more fun?
Again, more interesting (not necessarily more powerful) than what I had put up as (what I thought was) a reasonable starting point.