PDA

View Full Version : Skills (Pathfinder)

Sharkman1231
2010-01-12, 08:27 AM
My friend had a cleric with 7 int, and cleric's get 2+int skills. Does this mean he doesn't get any skills? I know there was a minimum 1 skill per level and I could't find anything aboit that in the book.

Also, can paladins multiclass freely in pathfinder?

Starbuck_II
2010-01-12, 09:27 AM
Assuming unchanged from 3.5:
Here is 3.5 SRD

Intelligence (Int)
Intelligence determines how well your character learns and reasons. This ability is important for wizards because it affects how many spells they can cast, how hard their spells are to resist, and how powerful their spells can be. It’s also important for any character who wants to have a wide assortment of skills.

You apply your character’s Intelligence modifier to:

•The number of languages your character knows at the start of the game.
•The number of skill points gained each level. (But your character always gets at least 1 skill point per level.)

Yep, check it out: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/gettingStarted.html

Look down till find Int it still says minimum 1 skill point just like 3.5.

Duke of URL
2010-01-12, 09:45 AM
Also note that a human would gain 1 skill point/level above and beyond those from classes. The most reasonable interpretation is that this applies after the "minimum 1" from class and intelligence.

You may also gain an additional skill rank for taking a level in a favored class (or optionally 1 extra HP instead). This would similarly apply after the class and intelligence ranks are accounted for.