PDA

View Full Version : Divinity II: Ego Draconis

Shikton
2010-01-12, 04:04 PM
So...anyone played this yet? I'm contemplating buying it off Steam, but I want to be sure that it's better than its prequels as they were merely ok.:smallsmile:

warty goblin
2010-01-12, 04:08 PM
Everything I've read indicates its a bit slow to get started, has some fun and reasonably innovative stuff later on, and more bugs than an anthill.

joeaverage
2010-01-13, 04:59 AM
I was pleasantly surprised by this game. Tons of skills to play with and a decent variety of quests. Mind reading is also a fun concept more games should have :)

The combination of dragon form(you get it about midway through the game), fields that can force you out of dragon form (OR DIE!), and the fact that you don't take falling damage is also strangely satisfying. I LIKE rushing into a field, cancelling at just the right time, and then charging the enemy base from the air like a bowstring-happy pyromaniac meteor.

Haven't really noticed any bugs btw. But I haven't quite finished the game so who knows.

Shikton
2010-01-15, 05:24 AM
Yeah, I read some reviews that meant the game was far better than Divine Divinity, so I'm keen on trying this out.

How's character development etc? Same as in Divine Divinity?

warty goblin
2010-01-15, 11:25 AM
Haven't really noticed any bugs btw. But I haven't quite finished the game so who knows.
The major bug I heard about was a savegame corruption if you overwrote an old save. So you won't notice it if you make a new save every time, but quicksave is pretty much screwed.

Khalle
2010-01-15, 07:24 PM
I've quicksaved dozens of times and overwritten old saves a bunch, too. No problems so far. I have found few bugs of any kind so far. I'm having much more fun than I expected, completely enjoying it so far. Some bad, but definitely a pleasant surprise.