PDA

View Full Version : Locate City Lich

Rainbownaga
2010-01-12, 08:04 PM
I noted something about the locate city bomb. According to born of three thunders, you only make the reflex save if you fail the fortitude save. Additionally, the fortitude save does not effect objects.

Suddenly, locate city stops being so suicidal, and a lich in the middle of an open area can cause some massive pain.

Foryn Gilnith
2010-01-12, 08:18 PM
Locate City is a circle!11!!

The Mentalist
2010-01-12, 08:20 PM
The Wight bomb still works, that's born of the three thunders and Fell Drain from Libris Mortis I think. Google search would be your friend.

Rainbownaga
2010-01-12, 08:22 PM
The Wight bomb still works, that's born of the three thunders and Fell Drain from Libris Mortis I think. Google search would be your friend.

What I haven't seen in any of the locate city bomb discussions is that BoTT doesn't work on undead.

deuxhero
2010-01-12, 08:26 PM
That doesn't work if you make the entirely logical assumption that the average person isn't killed by a housecat in 12 seconds and make the default level 3.

Though I suppose it would hit the cats rats and other 1hd critters and it would be a bit slower to start.

Foryn Gilnith
2010-01-12, 08:39 PM
Cast it twice. Three times, if level 3 is the baseline instead of 2. Or four times. Or five. It's not like it's a 9th-level spell.

Otodetu
2010-01-12, 09:41 PM
Cast it twice. Three times, if level 3 is the baseline instead of 2. Or four times. Or five. It's not like it's a 9th-level spell.

This. Wight apocalypse.

Starting to love fell drain.

shadow_archmagi
2010-01-12, 10:01 PM
Locate City is a circle!11!!

A three dimensional one, though.

Deth Muncher
2010-01-12, 10:08 PM
A three dimensional one, though.

Not really a circle at all then, is it? More of a...round cube of some sort. :smallwink:

shadow_archmagi
2010-01-12, 10:12 PM
Not really a circle at all then, is it? More of a...round cube of some sort. :smallwink:

No, it's a circle, because it *says* circle.

It's three dimensional because it locates things that are above and below you.

These two lines do not conflict at all in the minds of WOTC

T.G. Oskar
2010-01-12, 10:43 PM

I believe you are looking for this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cylinder_%28geometry%29):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e1/Cylinder_geometry.svg/118px-Cylinder_geometry.svg.png

Which...begs the question of why it is called a circle in the first place, when they have these puppies as areas of effect.

Now...wasn't the problem with Locate City the fact that, despite all you can do, the whole point is that you ping the city and that's it? I know Explosive Spell was the weak point in the LCB, not sure if BoTT may be a weak point for the Wightocalypse...