PDA

View Full Version : [4E] Paladin's Mighty Challenge

mage1337
2010-01-12, 10:26 PM
Quick question: Does the mighty challenge feat from Divine Power add the Paladin's Strength modify to his Divine Sanction damage, or just to his Divine Challenge damage.

It seems like it should add to both, but the feat specifies Divine Challenge only. Does anyone know of eratta correcting this?

If it adds to the Divine Sanction damage, then its an amazing feat and an auto-take for a strength based Paladin, am I right?

Break
2010-01-12, 10:44 PM
Only works with challenge (not sanction), and it hasn't been erratad to my knowledge. Nonetheless, it's still a very good feat to take if you're a Strladin or Baladin, but it's seen as a feat tax for the former.

GoodbyeSoberDay
2010-01-12, 10:48 PM
Quick question: Does the mighty challenge feat from Divine Power add the Paladin's Strength modify to his Divine Sanction damage, or just to his Divine Challenge damage.

It seems like it should add to both, but the feat specifies Divine Challenge only. Does anyone know of eratta correcting this?

If it adds to the Divine Sanction damage, then its an amazing feat and an auto-take for a strength based Paladin, am I right?Wait a second...

It seems like [Mighty Challenge] should add to both [Divine Challenge and Divine Sanction]....

If [Mighty Challenge] adds to the Divine Sanction damage, then it's an amazing feat and an auto-take for a strength based Paladin...

It seems like Mighty Challenge should be an amazing, auto-take feat for a strength based PaladinNo. No it shouldn't. And it clearly only applies to Divine Challenge.

Mando Knight
2010-01-12, 11:11 PM
It is an exceptionally strong feat, though. +3 to +9 damage to your main class feature (that requires no attack roll or action on your part to activate after you set it) isn't bad at all.

Mystic Muse
2010-01-12, 11:23 PM
where are you getting +9 from?:smallconfused:

and what's a Baladin?

Gralamin
2010-01-12, 11:24 PM
That said, a feat or simple fix that allows a paladin to use Strength or Charisma (but not both) with Sanction wouldn't be broken.

Break
2010-01-12, 11:26 PM

and what's a Baladin?

Balanced paladin, emphasizing Strength and Charisma equally, usually at the cost of Wisdom.

Mando Knight
2010-01-12, 11:58 PM

28 Strength grants a +9 modifier to the Divine Challenge damage. 16 Strength grants +3. The typical Strength or Balanced Paladin will have a Strength score between those two values, thus the given boost flux.

"Baladin" in my opinion, just sounds bad, so I don't use the term... but the Balanced Paladin is one with generally a smaller Wis but medium-high Strength and Charisma. Some have them the same, others as 1 point off of each other, I like to sacrifice a touch of Charisma to boost Wisdom high enough to get a few extra points off of the Lay on Hands feature, since the Champion of Order PrC is ridiculously awesome for a Strength-based Paladin. Dragonborn currently make the best Balanced Paladins, bar none.

mage1337
2010-01-13, 12:30 AM
Thanks a lot for the advice everyone. Huge help, ands makes me think I should go with a Baladin to get the most out of the class featurre.

Which leads to this question: Out of curiosity, anyone know an excellent Baladin build I can glance at?

serok42
2010-01-13, 07:28 AM

If it adds to the Divine Sanction damage, then its an amazing feat and an auto-take for a strength based Paladin, am I right?

"Whenever a target of your divine challenge takes damage from that power, it takes extra radiant damage equal to your Strength modifier."

Since this came out in Divine Power that introduced sanction it would have listed that if it had meant for it to work for it.

They may errata it but I doubt it.

I am currently playing two STRadins (one in RPGA and one in a home campaign) and they both have this feat. It has come in quite handy so far.