PDA

View Full Version : You're giving us too much attention, dood... [3.5 Race, Feats, PrCs, & more!]

strawberryman
2010-01-13, 01:31 AM
The Prinny

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3120/prinny.png

Prinnies are small, penguin-like creatures in appearance, with varying features, though they all seem to be made of an odd, cloth-like material that makes them seem as if they've been sewn together. However, they are for all intents and purposes, living beings.
What few people know, or care to find out, is that Prinnies are actually the reincarnated spirits of humans (or humanoids) who were brought back for leading highly unproductive, usually villainous lives. What process to choose such souls is unknown, but it is known that Prinnies are highly exploitable, and tend to be pushed around easily.

Monstrous Humanoid type
Small: As a Small creature, a prinny gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
Prinny base land speed is 20 feet.
1 extra feat at 1st level.
4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
Explosive Nature: Prinnies can be picked up and thrown as a standard action with a range increment of 10', exploding violently, and dealing their Hit Dice in damage (number and die size, disregarding Constitution) in a 20 foot burst. Creatures caught in the explosion can attempt a Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 the prinnies' HD + the prinnies' Constitution modifier) for half damage. However, this leaves the prinny unconscious at -1HP.
Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Speak Language skill.
Favored Class: Any.

(Yes. They are basically small, explosive humans. They can have appropriate traits from other races brought in, this is basically the bare-bones template. The real focus is on the stuff below. :smalltongue:)

Prinny Tosser [General]
You harbor nothing but hatred for your beaked brethren, tossing the small creatures to their death.
Benefit: The range increment with which you can throw Prinnies increases to 30 feet. In addition, add your character level to the damage dealt by prinnies explosive nature.
Normal: Your hatred for prinnies is only such that you can throw them with a 10 foot range increment!

Super Prinny Tosser [General]
Your hatred for the prinny race truly knows no mortal bounds.
Prerequisites: Prinny Tosser, BAB+5.
Benefit: The range increment with which you can throw Prinnies increases to 40 feet. In addition, add half your character level to the Reflex DC for half damage against a prinnies' explosive nature.

Super Prinny Tosser Turbo [General]
Your hatred for prinnies has gone beyond even beyond mortal boundaries, bordering on a supernatural effect that enhances the violence of their combustion.
Prerequisites: Super Prinny Tosser, BAB+10.
Benefit: The range increment with which you can throw Prinnies increases to 80 feet. In addition, you gain a +8 bonus when grappling prinnies who do not wish to be thrown.

Super Galaxy Prinny Tosser Turbo [General]
Your hatred for prinnies cannot be described in words. Therefore, there will be no attempting to do so.
Prerequisites: Super Prinny Tosser Turbo, BAB+15.
Benefit: The Range increment with which you can throw Prinnies increases to 100 feet. In addition, you can throw a single Prinny as an attack action, thus allowing them for use in a full attack action, as well, as long as you have a sufficient number of prinnies adjacent to you.

Legendary Prinny Tosser

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/7472/prinnytosser.jpg
Flonne, a Legendary Prinny Tosser, disregards the humane treatment of sentient beings, in favor of watching them explode violently.

Legendary Prinny Tossers, regarded far and wide for their cruelty to the poor beings known as prinny, have mastered an art of using prinnies to precise or massively destructive means. Whether they do this through sheer hatred of the pathetic creatures or out of some sick sense of amusement is up to speculation.

Hit Die: d8

Requirements
Alignment: Any nongood
BAB: +5
Reflex: +4
Feats: Improved Grapple, Far Shot, Prinny Tosser

Class Skills: Balance, Bluff, Concentration, Craft, Intimidate, Jump, Spot, Tumble.
Skill-points per level: 4+Int modifier

Legendary Prinny Tosser
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+0|
+2|
+0|Evasion, Prinny, Dood! +1d12

2nd|
+2|
+0|
+3|
+0|Elemental Toss, Prinny, Dood! +2d12

3rd|
+3|
+1|
+3|
+1|Improved Prinny Tossing, Prinny, Dood! +3d12, Shape Toss

4th|
+4|
+1|
+4|
+1|Clouting Toss, Prinny, Dood! +4d12

5th|
+5|
+1|
+4|
+1|Greater Prinny Tossing, Prinny, Dood! +5d12, Prinny-X Toss[/table]

Weapon and Armor proficiency
Legendary Prinny Tossers gain no additional weapon or armor proficiencies.

Evasion (Ex)
At 1st level, a Legendary Prinny Tosser gains the evasion special, from extended experience in the line of fire of many a prinny explosion. If one successfully make a Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, they instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if the legendary prinny tosser is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless legendary prinny tosser does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Prinny, Dood! (Ex)
The proficiency with which Legendary Prinny Tossers perform their namesake technique is so great, they deal an extra 1d12 points of damage when they toss a prinny. This damage increases by one die for every level of Legendary Prinny Tosser the character takes.

Elemental Toss (Su)
At 2nd level, by sacrificing 1 die of damage from the Prinny, Dood! special, Legendary Prinny Tossers can adapt the damage dealt by a Prinnies' explosive nature to an energy type of their choosing, dealing an equal amount of damage of that type. In addition, depending on the energy type chosen, the explosion deals an additional effect.

Fire: Creatures must make an additional Reflex save (same DC) or catch fire, taking 1d6 damage each turn until the flames are doused.
Cold: Creatures must also make a Fortitude save (same DC) or begin to frost over, halving their movement speed for 1 minute.
Electricity: Creatures must also make a Fortitude save (same DC), or be dazed for 1 round.
Acid: Creatures must make an additional Reflex save (same DC), or take a -3 penalty to AC for 1 minute.
Sonic: Creatures must also make a Fortitude save (Same DC), or be deafened for 10 minutes.
Force: No additional effect.

A legendary prinny tosser can only use this special once per round.

Improved Prinny Tossing (Ex)
At 3rd level, the Legendary Prinny Tosser's skill with throwing prinny increases; They increase the die size used to determine the damage of a prinnies' explosive nature (max d12), and add their class levels in legendary prinny thrower to the save DC.

Shape Toss (Su)
At 3rd level, by sacrificing 1 die of damage from the Prinny, Dood! special, a Legendary Prinny Tosser can alter the shape of the explosion, changing it to a cylinder (10-foot radius, 30 feet high), 40-foot cone, or 60 foot line. They can also compress the explosion so it hits a single target, dealing half again as much damage on a successful attack, but a failed attack has no effect.

Clouting Toss (Ex)
At 4th level, by sacrificing at least 1 die of damage from the Prinny, Dood! special, a Legendary Prinny Tosser can adapt the prinnies' explosive nature to an effective concussive force, pushing creatures caught in the blast back. In addition to normal damage, each creature in the blast area must make an additional Reflex save (Same DC) or be pushed back 1d4x5 feet directly from the center of the blast; a successful save halves the distance. By sacrificing more than one die from the Prinny, Dood! special, the Legendary Prinny Tosser can increase the number of feet traveled by 5. If any creature hits a wall or similar structure, they take an additional 1d6 damage for every 10 feet they traveled.

Greater Prinny Tossing (Ex)
At 5th level, a Legendary Prinny Tosser adds his class level to the prinnies' HD for the purpose of determining damage for a prinnies' explosive nature.

Prinny-X Toss(Su)
At 5th level, the Legendary Prinny Tosser develops their final destructive technique. Once per day as a standard action, the legendary prinny tosser can throw a prinny in a 180 foot long, 10 foot wide line, dealing double the usual number of die for their normal prinny toss, plus an additional 5d12 damage (totalling to 10d12 with the Prinny, Dood! special). Creatures reduced to 0 hit points or less are reduced to nothing but dust, as the disintigrate spell. Creatures may attempt a Reflex save for half damage as normal for a prinny toss.

Temotei
2010-01-13, 02:10 AM
So they're basically Small humans with explosions?

I'd get rid of the bonus feat and put something like a Jump bonus in there. Or Tumble. Unless the prinny can't avoid being picked up. I imagine it's a grapple check?

Ah...Disgaea. Funny. :smalltongue:

strawberryman
2010-01-13, 02:15 AM
So they're basically Small humans with explosions?

I'd get rid of the bonus feat and put something like a Jump bonus in there. Or Tumble. Unless the prinny can't avoid being picked up. I imagine it's a grapple check?

Ah...Disgaea. Funny. :smalltongue:

Hey, that is what I said they were. :smalltongue: What admitted little creativeness I put into the creation of the race I'm putting into other upcoming things like more PrCs.

And yes, I also figure it requires a grapple check to pick up an unwilling prinny. Sucks that they're small.

Temotei
2010-01-13, 02:21 AM
Hey, that is what I said they were. :smalltongue: What admitted little creativeness I put into the creation of the race I'm putting into other upcoming things like more PrCs.

And yes, I also figure it requires a grapple check to pick up an unwilling prinny. Sucks that they're small.

Hm. I suppose that's enough of a detriment to warrant big bonuses.

strawberryman
2010-01-13, 05:09 AM
And, yet another Prinny-themed PrC, but this time focusing around the Prinnies themselves instead of the abuse of them.

Prinny Crusader
http://th02.deviantart.net/fs41/300W/i/2009/049/2/5/Prinny_can_be_the_hero_by_SInnY_Halo.jpg
A prinny crusader, ready for combat.

Hit Die: d10

Requirements
Race: Prinny
BAB: +6
Skills: Intimidate 8 ranks.
Feats: Power Attack, Iron Will.
Maneuvers: Ability to use at least one strike and one stance.
Special: Must have been near-death from being thrown at least once.

Class Skills: Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Heal, Hide, Intimidate, Profession, Sense Motive.
Skill-points per Level: 2+Int Modifier

Prinny Crusader

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+2| Prinny Hero, Humanoid Bane +1d4

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+3| Prinny's Resolve

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+3| Humanoid Bane +2d4

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+4| Prinny's Vengeance

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+4| Smite Humanoids 1/day

6th|
+6|
+5|
+2|
+5| Humanoid Bane +3d4

7th|
+7|
+5|
+2|
+5| Diminutive Reversal

8th|
+8|
+6|
+2|
+6| Giant's Stance

9th|
+9|
+6|
+3|
+6| Flight, Humanoid Bane +4d4

10th|
+10|
+7|
+3|
+7| Prinny's Wrath, Smite Humanoids 2/day[/table]

{table="head"]Level|Man. Known|Man. Readied|Stances Known
1st|1|0|0
2nd|1|0|0
3rd|0|1|1
4th|0|0|0
5th|1|0|0
6th|1|1|0
7th|0|0|0
8th|0|0|1
9th|1|1|0
10th|1|0|0
[/table]

Weapon and armor proficiencies: Prinny Crusaders gain no additional weapon or armor proficiencies.

Maneuvers: At every level except 3rd, 4th, 7th and 8th, a Prinny Crusader gains new maneuvers from the Devoted Spirit, Iron Heart, Stone Dragon, Tiger Claw, or White Raven disciplines. They must meet a maneuver's prerequisite to learn it. A Prinny Crusader adds their full prinner crusader levels to their initiator level to determine their total initiator level and their highest-level maneuvers known.
At 3rd, 6th and 9th levels, they gain additional maneuvers readied per encounter.

Stances Known: At 3rd level and again at 8th level, a Prinny Crusader gains new stances from the Devoted Spirit, Iron Heart, Stone Dragon, Tiger Claw, or White Raven disciplines. They must meet a stance's prerequisite to learn it.

Prinny Hero (Ex)
Through sheer force of will, a Prinny Crusader has overcome their Explosive Nature. Regardless of situation, the Prinny Crusader will never explode.

Humanoid Bane (Ex)
Prinny Crusaders have developed a burning hatred for humanoids, in their frequent (or at least the most frequent of any other type) abuse of their explosive natures, as well as general oppression. At 1st level, a Prinny Crusader deals an extra 1d4 damage with a successful melee attack to creatures of the humanoid type. This increases by one die at 3rd, 6th, and 9th levels. Regardless of iterative attacks, the prinny can only deal this extra damage once per round.

Prinny's Resolve (Ex)
At 2nd level, a Prinny Crusader adds their Charisma bonus, or a +1 bonus, whichever is greater, to each of their saves.

Prinny's Vengeance (Ex)
At 4th level, Prinny Crusaders gain a unique strike made to channel their vengeance against any being, but it's particularly harmful to humanoids. The maneuver must be readied to be used, as normal. This is a 4th level strike that doesn't belong to any discipline.
As a part of the maneuver, the Prinny Crusader makes a normal melee attack. If successful, the attack deals an additional 6d6 damage. If the target is humanoid, they also take 1d6 Strength damage, which takes twice as long to recover normally for each point.

Smite Humanoids (Ex)
Once per day, at 5th level, a Prinny Crusader may attempt to smite a creature of the humanoid type with a normal melee attack. They add their Charisma bonus (if any) to their attack roll, and on a successful attack deals 1 extra point of damage per Prinny Crusader level; if a Prinny Crusader accidentally smites a non-humanoid creature (disguise self, alternate form, polymorph) the smite has no effect, but the ability is still used up for that day. . This ability qualifies for feats that enhance smite abilities.
The Prinny Crusader gains an additional use of their smite ability at 10th level.

Diminutive Reversal (Ex)
At 7th level, the Prinny Crusader gains yet another unique maneuver that turns an opponents own weapon to themselves in a display of skill that could only be performed with a creature of the Prinny's stature. This is treated as a normal counter that must be readied to be used, as normal. This is a 7th level Counter that doesn't belong to any discipline.
When attacked with a weapon of a larger size than their own weapon, the Prinny Crusader may make an opposed attack roll with a +4 bonus for every size larger the creature is in comparison to the Prinny Crusader. If the Prinny Crusader loses, the attack goes through as normal. However, if they win the opposed attack roll, the opponent still makes their damage roll, however, they are the recipient of this damage, as the Prinny Crusader maneuvers their own blade against them.

Giant's Stance (Ex)
At 8th level, a Prinny Crusader can enter a state of power by tensing their muscles and standing strong that grants them the ability to fight as if he were the size of most of his humanoid opponents. This is a custom, 8th level stance that must be adopted with a swift action as any other stance.
While in this stance, gains the effects of the Powerful Build quality, and weapons wielded by the Prinny Crusader are treated as one size larger than normal.

Flight (Ex)
At 9th level, the Prinny Crusader's vestigial wings grow in size and musculature, granting the ability to fly at twice their land speed with perfect maneuverability.

Prinny's Wrath (Su)
At 10th level, after using a smite attack, Prinny Crusaders can let loose a wave of retributive energy with a swift action, dealing 1d6 damage per class level they possess in a 60 foot line. Creatures caught in the blast can attempt a Reflex save (DC 10 + class level + Cha mod) for half damage.
Humanoids heal from this damage twice as slow as normal, and magical healing is half as effective.

dsmiles
2010-01-13, 05:17 AM
WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!
OH THE HORROR!!!!!!!!

(And why Flonne tossing a Prinny? I think Etna would have been a better choice, since in End of Darkness, the prinnies were hers...)

Dairun Cates
2010-01-13, 05:31 AM
My god... He really CAN be the hero... Dood.

I actually ran a Disgaea campaign in BESM Third Edition once... We had a Prinny Ninja... It was interesting.

dsmiles
2010-01-13, 07:30 AM
I actually ran a Disgaea campaign in BESM Third Edition once...

Did you homebrew this, or is there a BESM sourcebook for Disgaea?

DracoDei
2010-01-13, 10:59 AM
I believe that different takes on a subject are valid... I also believe in learning from "prior art" and wikipedia levels of cross-indexing (ideally).

Don't think any of these include PrCs, so mixing and matching between yours and others should produce a superior result simply by picking a version for the stats of the Prinnies themselves, then taking the aspects that each thread focussed on.

As such I offer THIS (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98934) which seems to be the most through treatment of Prinnys as far as their cosmological role in the setting.

The same author as the above (NewbDM) has another thread focusing on the summoning and "ownership" of Prinnies HERE (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98863).

And HERE (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10629) is a single post thread (which is always sad for the poster) with alternative stats.

The-Mage-King
2010-01-13, 11:15 AM
I love it.

strawberryman
2010-01-13, 05:27 PM
I believe that different takes on a subject are valid... I also believe in learning from "prior art" and wikipedia levels of cross-indexing (ideally).

Don't think any of these include PrCs, so mixing and matching between yours and others should produce a superior result simply by picking a version for the stats of the Prinnies themselves, then taking the aspects that each thread focussed on.

As such I offer THIS (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98934) which seems to be the most through treatment of Prinnys as far as their cosmological role in the setting.

The same author as the above (NewbDM) has another thread focusing on the summoning and "ownership" of Prinnies HERE (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98863).

And HERE (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10629) is a single post thread (which is always sad for the poster) with alternative stats.

I wasn't going for a complete conversion. This stuff is all very cool, and could certainly be adjusted to my PrCs and feats! But for now, I'm just going to focus on my interpretation so I don't get bogged down too much. :smalltongue: I feel like I'm on a roll, after all.

Speaking of which...

Prinny Pirate
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs7/i/2005/244/5/e/prinny_d00d_by_remichan.jpg
A prinny pirate, preparing to throw one of their signature bombs.

Hit Die: d6

Requirements
Skills: Escape Artist 4 ranks, Hide 9 ranks, Move Silently 9 ranks, Sleight of Hand 4 ranks.
Special: Sneak Attack +3d6.

Class Skills: Balance, Bluff, Climb, Craft, Disable Device, Disguise, Escape Artist, Forgery, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Search, Sleight of Hand, Spot, Swim, Tumble, Use Rope.
Skill-points per level: 6+Int Modifier.

Prinny Pirate

1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+0| Prinny Bomb 1/encounter, Sneak Attack +1d6

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+0| Two-Weapon Fighting

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+3|
+1| Prinny Pocket, Sneak Attack +2d6

4th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+1| Prinny Bomb 2/encounter

5th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+1| Prinny Assault, Sneak Attack +3d6

6th|
+4|
+2|
+5|
+2| Prinny Hero

7th|
+5|
+2|
+5|
+2| Improved Prinny Pocket, Sneak Attack +4d6

8th|
+6|
+2|
+6|
+2| Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Prinny Bomb 3/encounter

9th|
+6|
+3|
+6|
+3| Prinny Barrage, Sneak Attack +5d6

10th|
+7|
+3|
+7|
+3| Final Prinny Bomb[/table]

Weapon and armor proficiencies: A Prinny Pirate gains no additional weapon or armor proficiencies.

Prinny Bomb (Ex)
Prinny Pirates have learned to conjure explosives from the magical pouches around their waists. As a standard action once per encounter, a Prinny Pirate can throw a custom-made bomb as a ranged attack with a 30 foot range increment. At the impact site, the bomb ignites, dealing 1d8 damage per Prinny Pirate class level in a 10 foot burst. Creatures can attempt a Reflex save (DC 10 + class level + Dex mod) for half damage.
At 4th and 8th levels, a Prinny Pirate can throw an additional bomb per encounter.

Sneak Attack
This is exactly like the rogue ability of the same name. The extra damage dealt increases by +1d6 every other level (1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 9th). If a Prinny Pirate gets a sneak attack bonus from another source the bonuses on damage stack.

Two-Weapon Fighting (Ex)
At 2nd level, Prinny Pirates have learned to fight skillfully with two weapons. They gain Two-Weapon Fighting as a bonus feat.
At 8th level, they gain Improved Two-Weapon Fighting as a bonus feat, as long as they meet the prerequisites.

Prinny Pocket (Su)
At 3rd level, the capacity of the pouch a Prinny Pirate carries around supernaturally increases. It functions in almost all ways as a Bag of Holding Type I, except it has no weight of its own.

Prinny Assault (Ex)
At 5th level, a Prinny Pirate's skill with two weapons increases. By sacrificing 3 sneak attack damage die (applied to all attacks) during a successful sneak attack, a Prinny Pirate may make an additional attack with each of their weapons at full BAB. Regardless of how many sneak attack die the Prinny Pirate possesses, they may only gain one extra attack with each weapon.

Prinny Hero (Ex)
At 6th level, through sheer force of will, a Prinny Pirate has overcome their Explosive Nature. Regardless of situation, the prinny will never explode.

Improved Prinny Pocket (Su)
At 7th level, the capacity of a Prinny Pirates' pouch increases, and they have become skilled with removing its contents. The Prinny Pocket now functions as a Bag of Holding Type II, but it weighs 2 lbs for every 100 pounds stored inside. In addition, Prinny Pirates may remove a specific item from their pouch with a free action, unless it contains more than an ordinary backpack would hold, in which case retrieving a specific item is a swift action.

Prinny Barrage (Ex)
At 9th level, a Prinny Pirate learns how to effectively make a weapon out of all the contents of their Prinny Pockets. As a ranged attack action with a range increment of 10 feet, and by sacrificing a minimum of 2gp, the Prinny Pirate deals 1d4 damage per 2gp sacrificed by throwing small (but still lethal) items of value. The maximum amount of gp sacrificed per attack is equal to the Prinny Pirate's class level.

Final Prinny Bomb (Ex)
At 10th level, a Prinny Pirate can conjure up a larger, more powerful explosive. Once per day, the prinny pirate can use this special to produce an effect similar to the normal prinny bomb, but with a effect range of 10 feet per class level, and dealing an amount of damage equal to the Prinny Pirate's normal prinny bomb plus twice their class level. Creatures can attempt a Reflex save (DC equal to Prinny Bomb special) for half damage. Any creature reduced to 0 HP or less by the blast is reduced to dust, as the disintigrate spell.

TabletopNuke
2010-01-13, 06:06 PM
When I saw the "dood" in the title, I clicked right away. I knew that lulz were to be had on the other side of the link.

Do you think prinnies should have a Charisma penalty? They were loathsome, slovenly people in life, and became the explosive punching bag doormats of the afterlife.

strawberryman
2010-01-13, 07:53 PM
Very possible. Like DracoDei said, one could, if they really wished, adjust any of the suggested sources or my PrCs to fit to another Prinny conversion.

And now. Seriously. Another dang PrC (I can't stop). :smalltongue:

Prinny Rocker
http://www.prinnies.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/prinny_band.jpg
They can't all be winners.

Hit Die: d6

Requirements
Skills: Perform (string instrument, sing or precussion instrument) 8 ranks, Intimidate 4 ranks
Special: Ability to cast one spell with the sonic descriptor.

Class skills: Bluff, Concentration, Decipher Script, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Perform, Profession, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Tumble and Use Magic Device
Skill points per level: 4+Int modifier

Prinny Rocker
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2| Bardic Music, Prinny Jam |-

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3| Extra Spell | +1 level of existing spellcasting class

3rd|
+1|
+1|
+1|
+3||-

4th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4| Inspire Prinnies | +1 level of existing spellcasting class

5th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4| Extra Spell |-

6th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+5|| +1 level of existing spellcasting class

7th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+5| Lightning Jam |-

8th|
+4|
+2|
+2|
+6| Extra Spell, Prinny Hero | +1 level of existing spellcasting class

9th|
+4|
+3|
+3|
+6||-

10th|
+5|
+3|
+3|
+7| Prinny Dance | +1 level of existing spellcasting class[/table]

Weapon and armor proficiencies: A Prinny Rocker gains no additional weapon or armor proficiencies.

Bardic Music (Su)
Prinny Rocker levels stack with bard levels in order to determine uses per day of bardic music.

Prinny Jam (Su)
A Prinny Rocker can inspire their allies to rock out by spending 1 use of the bardic music ability, giving them the ability to deal 1d6 points of sonic damage with melee attacks, or damaging spells. Prinnies affected by the song also deal 1d6 points of electricity damage with melee attacks or damaging spells. The effect lasts for as long as the ally hears the Prinny Rocker perform and for 3 rounds thereafter.

Extra Spell:
At 2nd, 5th, and 8th level, Prinny rockers can add an extra spell to their spells known list, as long as it has the electricity or sonic descriptor.

Inspire Prinnies (Ex)
At 4th level, a Prinny Rocker with 10 ranks in perform can inspire prinnies to greater deeds. This costs 1 use of the bardic music ability, and grants all prinnies who hear it 1d6 temporary HP * (half Prinny rocker level), a +2 Morale bonus to Strength, and a +8 bonus to grapple checks to resist being picked up and thrown. The effect lasts for as long as a prinny hears the Prinny Rocker perform and for 5 rounds thereafter.

Lightning Jam (Su)
At 7th level, a Prinny Rocker with 13 ranks in perform can summon lightning to strike their foes. This functions as the Call Lightning spell, costing 2 bardic music uses, except it's a standard action to "cast". Each bolt of lightning summoned deals 2d6 points of electricity damage, and 2d6 points of sonic damage; the damage is affected by stormy weather as normal for the spell, dealing d10s instead of d6s. The effect lasts as long as the Prinny Rocker concentrates on it, to a maximum number of rounds equal to their class level.
A prinny rocker can summon an additional lightning bolt per round as a swift action by using 1 bardic music charge.

Prinny Hero (Ex)
At 8th level, through sheer force of will, a Prinny Rocker has overcome their Explosive Nature. Regardless of situation, the prinny will never explode.

Prinny Dance (Su)
At 10th level, a Prinny Rocker can perform a dance that inflicts great harm upon non-prinnies nearby, and greatly inspires prinnies that see them in action. By using their remaining bardic music charges for the day (always at least 1), a Prinny Rocker can inflict 2d8 electricity, fire, and cold damage in a 30 foot burst centered on them, for every bardic music charge they use. Non-prinny creatures caught in the blast radius can attempt a Reflex save (DC 10 + class level + Cha mod) for half damage, one for each energy type. If they fail any of the saves, they face an additional effect:

Fire: The creature catches on fire, taking 1d4 fire damage per bardic music charge used for this special, per round until they succeed at a Reflex save (same DC) to put the flames out.
Electricity: The creature is dazed for 1 round per bardic music charge used for this special.
Cold: The creature is partially frozen, affected as if slowed for 1 minute per bardic music charge used for this special.

Prinnies in range take no damage, and are instead affected as if the Prinny Rocker had used the Inspire Prinnies special for 5 rounds. During this time, they also gain the effects of the Prinny Rocker's Prinny Hero quality.

And just so you guys aren't surprised... Upcoming concepts:

Prinny Arcanist!: Obvious. Prinny PrC with arcane spellcasting abilities.
Prinny Triager!: Prinny PrC with divine spellcasting abilities, focusing on keeping their prinny allies alive.
Prinny Lover!: A PrC that focuses on a love of Prinnies, rather than the hatred of them.

The-Mage-King
2010-01-13, 07:55 PM
I did already mention that I love this sort of thing, didn't I?

Debihuman
2010-01-13, 08:34 PM
This is just too much fun. I'm definitely enjoying this immensely.

Debby

DracoDei
2010-01-13, 09:57 PM
You realize that if the opponent's AC is low enough, Prinny Assault can be chained for a theoretically unlimited number of attacks, right?

Fable Wright
2010-01-13, 10:14 PM
Here's an idea: a prinny prestige class that helps them be used as a bomb! for exmple, first lvl skill: controlled combustion- allows them to take damage = 1/2 d6 in cone, cone goes 5ft/2d6 point of damage. For example: Prinny Da'Bomb takes 5d6 points of damage, and can deal 10d6 point of damage in a 25 foot cone. If a prinny is thrown, then the length of the cone becomes the radius of the blast.

Dairun Cates
2010-01-13, 10:20 PM
Did you homebrew this, or is there a BESM sourcebook for Disgaea?

Homebrewed like a severe mofo. I actually had to create variable costs of abilities based on class (nothing too complex. Just like defense mastery is cheaper for ninjas and not so much for fighters). After that, I had to mimic every single magic attack and weapon attack in the game AND create rules for elemental weaknesses. Then it was about making custom races. Prinnies were actually kinda expensive though. That Prinny explosion was super powerful. It's even worse when said Prinny is a damned ninja and therefore never gets hit except when thrown as a desperation attack.

Sounds horribly complex, but it really only was for me as the GM. For everyone else, it was "5 points will buy you a rank of blade rush". God. Sadly, I think I still have the notes somewhere.

strawberryman
2010-01-13, 10:52 PM
You realize that if the opponent's AC is low enough, Prinny Assault can be chained for a theoretically unlimited number of attacks, right?

Might I ask how?

Dairun Cates
2010-01-14, 02:11 AM
Might I ask how?

I think they're reading it as 3 sneak attack die total. With enough weapons, you can keep getting 3 more attacks. However, I assume it's like power attack and it's 3 sneak attack dice on ALL attacks. Might want to rewrite that a bit.

strawberryman
2010-01-14, 03:02 AM
Very well... *makes a small note* :smalltongue:

dsmiles
2010-01-14, 05:36 AM
Homebrewed like a severe mofo. I actually had to create variable costs of abilities based on class (nothing too complex. Just like defense mastery is cheaper for ninjas and not so much for fighters). After that, I had to mimic every single magic attack and weapon attack in the game AND create rules for elemental weaknesses. Then it was about making custom races. Prinnies were actually kinda expensive though. That Prinny explosion was super powerful. It's even worse when said Prinny is a damned ninja and therefore never gets hit except when thrown as a desperation attack.

Sounds horribly complex, but it really only was for me as the GM. For everyone else, it was "5 points will buy you a rank of blade rush". God. Sadly, I think I still have the notes somewhere.

If you have e-notes, I would very much like to peruse them.

Cieyrin
2010-01-14, 07:54 PM
Hmm, I'd think the Prinny Crusader should be able to use Setting Sun maneuvers, if for nothing else than to counter-throw those bastards trying to use you as their living grenade.

dyslexicfaser
2010-01-14, 10:39 PM
Very cool.

I think you hit the pseudo-serious, tongue-in-cheek nature of the games well. I think you should also have an option whereby a non-Good character can come back as a Prinny ("So, yeah, I'm a murderous penguin now, I guess. It's a living.").

Legendary Prinny Tosser capstone is a little confusing. What happens to someone hit by the '180ft long, 10ft wide' throw? Do they detonate early?

For Prinny Pirate's 9th level ability, do they do sneak attack on each d4 in their Barrage, since each is supposed to be one thrown item?

There should be an Etna-like Prinny Overlord that gets a Prinny-themed Leadership as part of her class abilities. And you only have to pay them 2cp a day.

WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!
OH THE HORROR!!!!!!!!

(And why Flonne tossing a Prinny? I think Etna would have been a better choice, since in End of Darkness, the prinnies were hers...)
Check the ear-things on the prinny. I think that's Prinny-Laharl she's carrying around.