PDA

View Full Version : ---

Thurbane
2010-01-13, 01:43 AM
pls delete/lock

Lycanthromancer
2010-01-13, 02:43 AM
*Waves hand*

This is not the thread you're looking for...

Temotei
2010-01-13, 02:44 AM
Just a question--how do you go about creating a thread on accident? You'd think when it asks if you're sure you want to post a new thread, you'd just say no.

Many people have done this, and I've been curious for a while.

Tavar
2010-01-13, 02:48 AM
It could have been asking a question, and then he later realizes the answer, after already posting the thread.

Sstoopidtallkid
And do you honestly not have anything to go in a thread? I mean, if I accidentally created a thread, I'd probably just edit in a couple of my standing questions that I normally can't be arsed to type out, since I've already got a thread and all. Heck, just post something about alignment/monks/funny gaming stories. There are a bunch of topics you can use to create a thread rather than having a void on the page.

Temotei
It could have been asking a question, and then he later realizes the answer, after already posting the thread.

That makes sense.

I thought Thurbane knew everything though!

:smallredface:

Killer Angel
2010-01-13, 02:53 AM

It's a possibility.
But now we're all curious 'bout that mysterious question... :smallwink:

IMO could be better to leave the question still readable, adding
nevermind, question solved.

Could've been wrong forum.

Makes more sense.

Thajocoth
2010-01-13, 04:41 AM
If you delete your post though, when it's the only one in the thread, which IS an option when you're editing your post... Wouldn't the thread vanish without leaving a husk behind?

dsmiles
2010-01-13, 05:57 AM
You'd like to think that, wouldn't you?
Wouldn't you!?!?!?!?

Ormagoden
2010-01-13, 09:57 AM
Blank thread is blank.

Amphetryon
2010-01-13, 10:03 AM
[obligatory "in before lock" comment]

dsmiles
2010-01-13, 10:06 AM
It amazes me that a blank thread can generate so much interest...:smalleek:

Tavar
2010-01-13, 10:43 AM
If you delete your post though, when it's the only one in the thread, which IS an option when you're editing your post... Wouldn't the thread vanish without leaving a husk behind?

I don't think you can delete posts that start threads. Something about it creating problems with the board software, I believe.

Vizzerdrix
2010-01-13, 11:33 AM
We should put this to use. I say we make it into a topic about recycling in games. Be it by harvesting monster bits for poisons and spells, turning them into armor and weapons or just animating their bodies. Who's with me?!

Fostire
2010-01-13, 11:43 AM
We should put this to use. I say we make it into a topic about recycling in games. Be it by harvesting monster bits for poisons and spells, turning them into armor and weapons or just animating their bodies. Who's with me?!

Or all three!
Poisonous Zombie Armor!!!

Volthawk
2010-01-13, 12:00 PM
WARNING! THE FOLLOWING TEXT INVOLVES REFERENCES TO VIDEO GAMES

It sound's like making things in Fallout 3, where you can poison dart guns, for example.

infinitypanda
2010-01-13, 12:09 PM
I had an idea for an E6 game once where the players, once hitting level 6, would stop finding new magic weapons and armor. Instead they'd only be able to get them by using the body parts of monsters they've slain to upgrade their existing items. So that's kind of like recycling.

Vizzerdrix
2010-01-13, 12:13 PM
I've seen in several books, leather armors that retain the properties of what they are made out of. Things like hellhound, rustmonster, displacer beast and gorgon leather armor. All non magical and with a lessened effect based on the materials. Rather expensive but cool.

arguskos
2010-01-13, 12:35 PM
Isn't there a poison harvesting system in 3.5? I seem to recall reading one some time ago... :smallconfused:

dsmiles
2010-01-13, 12:46 PM

How ironic a recycled thread about recycled monster parts!
:smallbiggrin:

@Vizzerdrix: I too have seen these tomes of coolness. Mongoose's Ultimate Equipment Guide has them in there, and I'm sure that More Ultimate Equipment also does.

Mystic Muse
2010-01-13, 02:40 PM
hey, since this thread is shot to the nine hells anyway I might as well ask a question about my character.

somebody suggested making a dragonbone hilt for a lance. I looked in the Draconomicon though and there don't seem to be rules for doing that. The only thing I could do is make a one handed light weapon which doesn't exactly work with a Lance. So is the dragonbone hilt an option or not?

The J Pizzel
2010-01-13, 02:50 PM
somebody suggested making a dragonbone hilt for a lance. I looked in the Draconomicon though and there don't seem to be rules for doing that. The only thing I could do is make a one handed light weapon which doesn't exactly work with a Lance. So is the dragonbone hilt an option or not?

Of course it's an option. Have your DM make one up. I'd do it, but I royally suck at homebrewing. Where's Vorpal? Somebody find me a Vorpal Tribble please...

Thurbane
2010-01-13, 03:30 PM
What happened in this case was that I was trying to create a post for another thread, and accidentally hit the [Submit New Thread] button instead of the [Preview Post] button.

The polite thing to do when someone has obviously created a thread in error and request it to be locked/deleted is to not post in it and let it fall to the next page. :smallfrown: