PDA

View Full Version : I wanna Enchant a Warspikard

Vizzerdrix
2010-01-13, 01:42 PM
The weapon from Magic of Eberron. Looks like a hammer with a crossbow jammed into it. I'm working on a cleric that loves himself some hammer and I want to use that, but I've no clue as to what sort of mechanics to use to go about enchanting.

Quick and simple: Is it too much of a stretch to enchant it with quickloading or other crossbow enchantments? What about things like splitting?

Radar
2010-01-13, 01:55 PM
I'd consider treating it as a double weapon, so separate enchantments for different forms of attack.

Sinfire Titan
2010-01-13, 03:02 PM
The weapon from Magic of Eberron. Looks like a hammer with a crossbow jammed into it. I'm working on a cleric that loves himself some hammer and I want to use that, but I've no clue as to what sort of mechanics to use to go about enchanting.

Quick and simple: Is it too much of a stretch to enchant it with quickloading or other crossbow enchantments? What about things like splitting?

Got some bad news for you: No range. The Spikards only fire after a successful melee attack, and IIRC Splitting requires a Ranged Attack to trigger. You have to read those weapons incredibly closely to figure out what works and what doesn't.

BTW, they are singular weapons with a special ability, not a Double Weapon. Enchanting them would use the rules for enchanting any other spear or hammer, although the DM is free to HR the crossbow enhancements.

Vizzerdrix
2010-01-13, 03:16 PM
No splitting is fine, But I'm more interested in Quickloading to be honest. I'll already need EWP, I'd prefer to not also have to take rapid reload as well.

Oh. Ultimate Equipment Guide has the Jawed Maul, if the warspikard proves to be unfavorable I could always go with that I guess.

Anyone else know of any interesting hammers for a dwarf cleric?

Smeggedoff
2010-01-16, 11:38 AM
Vulcanian Thunderclub from the Dragon Magazine Compendium?

Granted it's a greatclub not a hammer, but it has what boils down to a built in shotgun in it.