PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Playable monster/races

Beelzebub1111
2010-01-13, 02:33 PM
Is there a list somewhere with playable tiny creatures? I would like to know this for science.

Sstoopidtallkid
2010-01-13, 02:35 PM
Tibbit(DC), Heroyanki(OA), Jermaline(MMII)and Kobolds(MM1 with Web Enhancment from RotD). Other than that, they all have LA, IIRC.

Eloel
2010-01-13, 02:38 PM
Tibbit(DC), Heroyanki(OA), Jermaline(MMII)and Kobolds(MM1 with Web Enhancment from RotD). Other than that, they all have LA, IIRC.

Tiny Kobolds? Oh really?

Prime32
2010-01-13, 02:39 PM
Tiny Kobolds? Oh really?They get Slight Build, which is the inverse of Powerful Build. They're still Small, but they count as Tiny for a number of purposes.

Sstoopidtallkid
2010-01-13, 02:41 PM
Tiny Kobolds? Oh really?Well, with Slight Build (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060420a).

Beelzebub1111
2010-01-13, 02:41 PM
I guess I should have specified, Starting level is 5, so LA is okay, so long as it's feasible in that respect.

Eloel
2010-01-13, 02:44 PM
Grigs are +3 LA, and can be found in MM1 and thus SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/sprite.htm#grig)

Ferrin
2010-01-13, 03:00 PM
Petals(Tiny fey) are LA +2. High bonus to Cha and Dex, they can be found in MM3.

Disclaimer: May contain flowers.

Prime32
2010-01-13, 03:03 PM
Petals(Tiny fey) are LA +2. High bonus to Cha and Dex, they can be found in MM3.

Disclaimer: May contain flowers.Yeah, they get DR as well (can't remember if they get flight). They make pretty good warlocks.

Eloel
2010-01-13, 03:08 PM

Disclaimer: May contain flowers.

They're listed as cohorts, so they may or may not work, check with your DM.

Ravens_cry
2010-01-13, 03:12 PM
Yeah, they get DR as well (can't remember if they get flight). They make pretty good warlocks.
Oh, I so want to play that. More Fair Folk then fairy though.

Darrin
2010-01-13, 05:50 PM
There are two tiny races with no LA:

Jermlaine (MM2) and Muckdweller (Serpent Kingdoms). Of the two, the Muckdweller is the most playable. Jermlaine's stats make them unsuitable for anything other than Druids or Clerics.

I'm not sure if there are any diminuative races.

Hengeyokai (Oriental Adventures) are humanoid shapeshifters with an animal form. One of the possible forms is sparrow, which is fine-sized. It has a fly speed, +6 Dex bonus, and +8 size bonus for a 1st level nekkid AC of 24. They make awesometastic warlocks, since they get a +14 bonus on ranged touch attacks. LA = 0.

Bibliomancer
2010-01-13, 06:59 PM
You could also play a Fine giant.

There's a spell from the Eberron Campaign Setting called Return to Nature or something similar. What makes the spell interesting is that it has a duration of instantaneous (so multiple castings stack, technically) and it reduces a giant by one size category. Thus, you could play a Fine half-giant (LA +1).

Vizzerdrix
2010-01-13, 08:58 PM
From 3rd party, The Faen race from Arcana Unearthed can become Fine sized at level 3.

cZak
2010-01-13, 09:17 PM
From 3rd party, The Faen race from Monte Cooks' Arcana Unearthed can become Fine sized at level 3.

Second this, tho I think they're tiny size.
They have no LA; transformation from other race just requires sacrifice a feat.

They have racial levels to improve their flight maneuverability (perfect @ 3rd), some good SLA's, and stat boosts (+2 Dex/ 3 levels).

Vizzerdrix
2010-01-13, 09:19 PM
My bad, the do become tiny. But with the propper aplication of the Hidden Talent feat and the right psionic powers.....

Also. I'm surprised anyone else knows of the Faen/sprytes. Tell me, do you know where I can find a good conversion of their SLAs to 3.5?

Zaq
2010-01-13, 10:01 PM
There are two tiny races with no LA:

Jermlaine (MM2) and Muckdweller (Serpent Kingdoms). Of the two, the Muckdweller is the most playable. Jermlaine's stats make them unsuitable for anything other than Druids or Clerics.

I'm not sure if there are any diminuative races.

Hengeyokai (Oriental Adventures) are humanoid shapeshifters with an animal form. One of the possible forms is sparrow, which is fine-sized. It has a fly speed, +6 Dex bonus, and +8 size bonus for a 1st level nekkid AC of 24. They make awesometastic warlocks, since they get a +14 bonus on ranged touch attacks. LA = 0.

Fun Fact* about Muckdweller: As far as I've been able to tell, a Muckdweller's Squirt ability is the only ability in the game, or damn close to the only ability in the game, which has a DEX-based save DC. It's also one of the few (again, maybe only) LA 0 playable races that can also be a familiar. They're really quite the odd ducks.
*Disclaimer: May not be a fact. My knowledge of 3.5 is considerable, but it's far from perfect. Still, they're rare as hell.

2xMachina
2010-01-14, 12:23 AM
Tinies are not bad for tacking on Symbiotic template (SS) too. Mental stats of tiny creature, physical stats of medium creature. (or tack small on large)

Total LA? +1. Always. HD stays though.

Skills sum up. Feats sum up.

Broken much?

Serpentine
2010-01-14, 12:50 AM
Some from Crystalkeep.
LA is assuming that that's what "Lvl +X" means.
{table]Creature|Size|LA
Flumph|Tiny|2
Meenlock|Tiny|4
Dragons, various|Tiny|Various
House Brownie|Tiny|4
Grig|Tiny|3
Eladrin, Coure|Tiny|5
Musteval Guardinal|Tiny|5
Junior Worker Myconid|Tiny|2[/table]

Poil
2010-01-14, 04:55 AM
Wait, it's possible to play as a flumph? That's totally awesome! :smallbiggrin:

Vizzerdrix
2010-01-14, 06:52 AM
I still need to find a way to play as a tiny or smaller warforged.

Cyclocone
2010-01-14, 07:18 AM
Necropolitan +Shrink Item +Permanency.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2010-01-14, 05:30 PM
But the real question is... are there any playable diminuative races? Compression/reduce person don't count...

Ravens_cry
2010-01-14, 05:38 PM
Necropolitan +Shrink Item +Permanency.
Why would Shrink Item affect a Necropolitan? Undead are still creatures.

Darrin
2010-01-14, 07:44 PM
But the real question is... are there any playable diminuative races? Compression/reduce person don't count...

The Hengeyokai Crab and Carp forms are both diminutive.

Other than that... I can't seem to find any. Diminutive doesn't get much use outside of swarms, vermin, and a few animals.

taltamir
2010-01-14, 09:35 PM
Yeah, they get DR as well (can't remember if they get flight). They make pretty good warlocks.

they get flight...

oh god, now I wanna play a petal who sold her cute little flowery soul to a devil for evil magic powers :)

Why would Shrink Item affect a Necropolitan? Undead are still creatures.

not only are they still creatures, they are creatures capable of reproduction... a being who has one undead parent is a Gheden... example, an elf and a zombie have a baby, the zombie is a "Gheden Elf"

flabort
2010-01-14, 09:42 PM
Dammit!
now you got me homebrewing a monsterous humanoid based off of a humming bird. Fine size never looked so fine.

arg. unintentional bad pun.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2010-01-15, 04:34 AM
The Hengeyokai Crab and Carp forms are both diminutive.

Other than that... I can't seem to find any. Diminutive doesn't get much use outside of swarms, vermin, and a few animals.Very nice catch. I checked the update and their good!

Also sparrow form is fine. WOOT! Can they become lycanthropes though... hmm...

Dixieboy
2010-01-15, 05:43 AM
Dragons,

Tiny dragons?
Tell me more.

Ravens_cry
2010-01-15, 02:03 PM
not only are they still creatures, they are creatures capable of reproduction... a being who has one undead parent is a Gheden... example, an elf and a zombie have a baby, the zombie is a "Gheden Elf"
What's the source book for this from?
Due the mindless nature of zombies and similar undead, this shares all the worst aspects of necrophilia, bestiality, and mechanical bull riding.

Mando Knight
2010-01-15, 02:18 PM
Tiny dragons?
Tell me more.

Wyrmling Black, White, Brass, and Coppers are all Tiny. +2 or 3 LA, and around 4-7 HD. Copper is the best one out of them, with +2 Con, Cha, and Int and +4 natural AC.

Of course, this comes at the cost of 5 HD and 2 LA, so be aware that you're several levels behind, and that class features usually are much better than d12 HD, 6+Int skills, all good saves, a breath weapon, and a fly speed. Unless you're a fighter. In which case being a tiny dragon is bad because you're killing your weapon damage.

Sstoopidtallkid
2010-01-15, 03:55 PM
Copper is the best one out of them, with +2 Con, Cha, and Int and +4 natural AC.

Of course, this comes at the cost of 5 HD and 2 LA, so be aware that you're several levels behind, and that class features usually are much better than d12 HD, 6+Int skills, all good saves, a breath weapon, and a fly speed. Unless you're a fighter. In which case being a tiny dragon is bad because you're killing your weapon damage.Dragon 2/Dragon 5/Y 1/Warblade X is pretty decent, though. You get IL and the boosts synergize very will with a Warblade's features.

And the Gheden was from one of the Dragon Mags, IIRC. 3...83? Not sure.

bansidhe
2010-01-15, 04:01 PM
Id love too play a warforged Pixie! clockwork faerie!

*pulls string* I grant you 3 wishes...error wrong mp3 file..
*pulls string* I come too kill you all!

:D

Darrin
2010-01-15, 04:08 PM
Fun Fact* about Muckdweller: As far as I've been able to tell, a Muckdweller's Squirt ability is the only ability in the game, or damn close to the only ability in the game, which has a DEX-based save DC.

There are a couple in MM3... Harpoon Spider and Mivilorn.

Wait, it's possible to play as a flumph? That's totally awesome! :smallbiggrin:

3.5 stats for the flumph were published in Dungeon #118. Tiny aberration, 2 racial HD, LA +2. Abilities appear to be -4 Str, +6 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Wis. The Helplessness (Ex) ability stinks but without that it might not be considered true to its previous edition roots (if they get flipped over, they only get one attempt PER DAY to turn themselves over). Dragonborn of Bahumat would get rid of it, though.

I still need to find a way to play as a tiny or smaller warforged.

Hmm. Well, you can increase your size to large, and then cast the Incarnate Construct spell to add the Incarnate Construct template, which would change your type to Giant. (Or the half-troll template would work just as well if you can take the LA.) From there, use that Eberron spell (mentioned above) to permanently reduce the size of any giant, and you can keep casting it until you're as tiny as you want to be.

Also sparrow form is fine. WOOT! Can they become lycanthropes though... hmm...

Errata changed their type to Humanoid with the shapeshifter subtype... so yep, lycanthrope-ready.

Vizzerdrix
2010-01-15, 05:55 PM
good plan, but then I'm no longer a warforged. I'm some fleshy abomination :smallfrown:

Soranar
2010-01-15, 06:01 PM
if you really want to be a warforged tiny, just play a scout and get permanent reduce size on you

Darrin
2010-01-16, 04:36 PM
if you really want to be a warforged tiny, just play a scout and get permanent reduce size on you

Ring of Reduction from Lords of Madness will reduce your size as long as its worn. Works for non-humanoids, too. Unfortunately, 20000 GP, so not exactly cheap.

Otherwise, Worforged Psychic Warrior + Compression.