PDA

View Full Version : (D&/orD) Eye of the Beholder (Spoilers)

Deth Muncher
2010-01-13, 04:41 PM
Hey, so I was in a store today and saw the old AD&D modules Eye of the Beholder and Eye of the Beholder II, as well as the GBA version of the module. What's it about? What's the deal? Has it been updated? Was it fun? Y'know, that stuff.

Starbuck_II
2010-01-13, 04:47 PM
Gameboy one was okay 3.0 game.
Mostly down crawling. Has a few glitches (which is why I never beat it).

Deth Muncher
2010-01-13, 04:58 PM
Gameboy one was okay 3.0 game.
Mostly down crawling. Has a few glitches (which is why I never beat it).

How about the actual module? (The fact that it was 4 bucks used scared me.)

Slayn82
2010-01-13, 05:21 PM
Well, if finished the GBA game and the PC version. Since the modules must not be that faithfull to them, i can hardly coment.

But about the games, well, they make you love a drow priest, and really hate HellHounds and teleporting circles.

Deth Muncher
2010-01-13, 05:28 PM
Well, if finished the GBA game and the PC version. Since the modules must not be that faithfull to them, i can hardly coment.

But about the games, well, they make you love a drow priest, and really hate HellHounds and teleporting circles.

Oh. Well that's, ah, good to know then.

EDIT: Y'know, it might have just been the PC and GBA versions I saw. It LOOKED like a box, but I always hear about how old D&D came in boxes, so I assumed it was how it was packaged.

Matthew
2010-01-16, 08:15 PM
I never heard of those being turned into (or originating as) modules, so I think they are probably the PC and GBA versions as surmised above.

Reinboom
2010-01-16, 08:23 PM
One would hope that they are not the GBA version, as... the game was as close to "ruined" as you can get with that change. Sticking a kobold magic item shop in a pure crawl in the middle of sewers? Wah?

Kilmrak
2010-01-16, 09:09 PM
I dont want to derail or anything but I have the GBA game and I am stuck on the part where you finish the first floor and find the shops upstairs and for the life of me I cant figure out what to do after that.

I dont want to spoil anything for the OP so if anyone is nice enough to help me either spoiler it or PM me.