PDA

View Full Version : Nurgle Like character 3.5

NelKor
2010-01-13, 08:20 PM
Hey all, I'm trying to make a Nurgle-ish themed character that uses diseases and poisons. All i've been able to find really was cancer mage, while thematically nice i can't see viable unless i wanted to have a gazillion strength and bring about the dm's wrath. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Sorry for lack of information, Any 3.5 source is allowed, i have to check with the DM but he's generally open about anything, Any aligntment is also fine, we are level 8 at the moment, but were probably going to be leveling fast.

Also incase people don't know who Nurgle is he's a chaos god from warhammer, he focuses on despair and spreading disease amongst his followers and enemies alike.

Vizzerdrix
2010-01-13, 08:23 PM
A what? and what books are allowed form what edition please.

awa
2010-01-13, 08:26 PM
nurgle chaos god of disease. A bloated pustulant demon god who brings the gift of plague a gift that keeps on giving.

Siosilvar
2010-01-13, 08:27 PM
A what? and what books are allowed form what edition please.

Err... 3.5 is in the title.

Nurgle is one of the Chaos Gods from Warhammer [and/or 40k]. Specifically, "Nurgle is the Chaos god of despair, personified by stagnation, entropy, disease and decay. His power is said to come from the mortal races' reaction to the inevitability of death and disease."

Danin
2010-01-13, 08:27 PM
Nurgle is the Chaos god of plague and pestilence from Warhammer fantasy. Disease, poison, plague and famine are his domains.

Knowing what books / alignment / level would help. Book of Vile Darkness is a good start, as are most of the Ghoul spells in the spell compendium. I'd recommend a cleric who rebukes ghouls and re-flavors them into nurglings.

Thurbane
2010-01-13, 08:29 PM
Paladin of Slaughter/Blackguard with the poison handling feats from Drow of the Underdark?

Some of the Willing Defomity feats (especially Deformity [parasite] might be apt...

awa
2010-01-13, 08:34 PM
at least a dip in cancer mage to get the immune from damage part of the cancer mage. Also it might not be super optimized but even with out abusing the stupid diseases grabbing lots of really deadly disease and then hugging pepole is not a terrible tactic particularly if you can get your self hit by a mummy. Actual mummy rot from a mummy will have a lower dc but its incubation is only a minute! So since it seem to go well with a rogue like charecter hit him then hide until hes badly weakened

Glimbur
2010-01-13, 08:46 PM
The Mother Cyst feat from... Libris Mortis? would be thematic and useful for a spellcaster.

Darius Rae
2010-01-13, 10:00 PM
Cleric of Disease and Death. Favored weapon Scythe... So you are basically Typhus...