PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Binders and PrCs

Thurbane
2010-01-13, 08:21 PM
Just a question for consideration: does anyone think it would be in anyway unbalanced or problematic to let PrCs which advance caster level to advance soul binding instead? Similarly to how they advance a Warlock's invocations...

For instance, the Human Paragon class advances casting by 2 over three levels. I'm thinking of letting it advance soul binding by 2 levels.

Obviously, the key things to consider are whether the Binder qualifies for the PrC in the first case (no PrCs with caster levels or spell requirements). Also, since soul binding does not count as either arcane or divine, it would not work with classes that specifically advance arcane or divine casting.

All thoughts and feedback welcome.

Vizzerdrix
2010-01-13, 08:30 PM
Sounds fine to me.

DragoonWraith
2010-01-13, 08:31 PM
Sounds like a brilliant idea to me.

FishAreWet
2010-01-13, 08:33 PM
I can't imagine this being imbalanced.

Gnorman
2010-01-13, 08:33 PM
Binders are fairly average (okay, maybe a bit high with Zceryll) on the tier tree, so I don't think that giving them a bit of a boost here and there is going to be a problem.

DragoonWraith
2010-01-13, 08:44 PM
The most OP casting PrCs are those that improve spellcasting in important ways - Shadowcraft Mage, Incantatrix, etc. There's Iot7V, that's about the only one of the top tier PrCs that is effective without spellcasting, but I'm pretty sure it's Arcane-only. So I think there's very little chance of a problem.

Thurbane
2010-01-13, 11:07 PM
Nice. I think Binder would mesh fairly well with some of the partial progression PRCs like Dragonslayer.