PDA

View Full Version : Pipi Longstockings

rakkoon
2010-01-14, 04:53 AM
They're playing re-runs of the Swedish series and I can't help wondering what kind of a creature she really is. Wiki tells me that she's a girl. Yeah right.
Lets give a small list of her powers just from the top of my head

* She is stronger than the strongest man in the world (is she human?)
* A message in a bottle from her father reaches her wherever she is (water spirits help?)
* She flaps her wings and the car can fly (magic?)
* The parents of Annika & Tommy have no problem leaving their children with this other ginger kid for weeks at an end (guardian spirit?)
* She punishes the greedy, the bullies (like Puck?)
* She has an unlimited supply of money and spends it freely on things like candy for kids (Good samaritan)
* She isn't afraid of anything and nothing bad ever happens to her (the ideal for a kid to aspire to?)

Oh and the answer "She's Pipi Longstockings" does not quite cut it :smallsmile:. I'm not talking about statting her in D&D but I'm just wondering what type of creature she might be...

Boo
2010-01-14, 04:59 AM
One of the rarer ginger kids out there. They come around every two-thousand years or so. The last recorded one was Pipi, so we can only assume there will not be any more until the year 3934 at least.

Athaniar
2010-01-14, 04:59 AM
From the description, she sounds like a Fey of some kind.

reorith
2010-01-14, 05:13 AM
i used to have nightmares about Pippi Langstrumpf. not that i was going to sleep tonight anyway. but thanks rakkoon.

KuReshtin
2010-01-14, 05:17 AM
Sounds to me that she's the product of a brilliant mind that knows what to write to make kids interested in reading books.

Vizzerdrix
2010-01-14, 07:02 AM
Sounds to me that she's the product of a brilliant mind that knows what to write to make kids interested in reading books.

Or the devil child of Satan.

Anuan
2010-01-14, 07:07 AM

This. Tencharacters.

Eldan
2010-01-14, 07:08 AM
I'm surprised at how many people dont' know those books. At least around here, they are probably more famous than Harry Potter, as far as children's books go.

That said, she's probably something weird like a half-giant pixie.

What do pirate kings count as?

rakkoon
2010-01-14, 07:13 AM
Yeah, some kind of Fey sounds about right. She reminds me of Puck but the guardian spirit angle kind of confuses me.

Her father is also inhumanly strong but she is stronger. I know nothing about her mother...

Weimann
2010-01-14, 07:16 AM
Her mother died and became a star in the heavens. That is all that is known of her.

KuReshtin
2010-01-14, 07:17 AM
Or the devil child of Satan.

No, the devil child of Satan would be "Karlsson på taket".
That would be a terribly immature, incredibly narcissistic man, living on a roof top in the city, terrorizing a kid that has no friends.
And he's got a propeller in his back which he uses to fly around with.

http://bilder.bloggen.fi/mamm/20091019220619.jpg

Ichneumon
2010-01-14, 07:42 AM
No, the devil child of Satan would be "Karlsson på taket".
That would be a terribly immature, incredibly narcissistic man, living on a roof top in the city, terrorizing a kid that has no friends.
And he's got a propeller in his back which he uses to fly around with.

http://bilder.bloggen.fi/mamm/20091019220619.jpg

I ... read ... that ... book ...

Penguinsushi
2010-01-14, 11:11 AM
"if you say it fast it's funny..."

Oh wow. My sisters used to watch those all the time. I'm not sure if they had any of the books or not...

I'll go with the fey assessment... ...or possibly eladrin...

~PS

IsaacTheHungry
2010-01-14, 12:27 PM
psionics AKA the power of imagination

she can harness the power of her mind to control her environment, like Matilda or Jean Gray. Maybe she is a mutant, or has learned to unlock the power of the human mind

Korith
2010-01-15, 02:35 PM
I always kinda thought she just had a remarkable ability to channel the power of optimism, in a Duffy Moon-esque fashion.

Asta Kask
2010-01-15, 02:43 PM
She could be a Sailor Senshi. Only, you know, badass.