PDA

View Full Version : explanation of a phrase?

Mystic Muse
2010-01-14, 12:54 PM
okay. I've seen this phrase used occassionally but I don't know what it means, what it's from, or why people use it. I haven't been able to find it on google either.

The phrase is "from the waist down you're mine" it doesn't make any sense in the context it's used in from what I've seen. If this is something extremely rude and I'm just not aware of it then I'll delete this post.

The Extinguisher
2010-01-14, 12:59 PM
It's not on urban dictionary, so it's not exactly common.

But yeah, it probably means something dirty. Think about what's below the waist.

Gamerlord
2010-01-14, 01:09 PM
Not a clue, but I bet 10 GP it means something extremely rude, so I would not recommend saying it in public, or private for that matter either.

Mystic Muse
2010-01-14, 01:12 PM
That's what I'd assume but in the context I've seen it used it's used more as a Challenge which is why I'm asking.

Keshay
2010-01-14, 01:15 PM
Its not necessarily rude, but it connotes the level of interest one person has for another in regard to romantic/sexual relationships. Most commonly I've seen this used by women towards a man when interested in a solely sexual relationship, with minimal emotional attachment. Of course, men are just as likely to have the same sort of sentiment, but since there are enjoyable portions of a lady above her waist as well... You get the point.

Wait, what sort of context have you seen this in? If these are fighters, they are likely talking about thier relative ability to kick effectively.

Mystic Muse
2010-01-14, 01:19 PM
http://goblins.keenspot.com/d/20051002.html

here is what I was talking about.

Exeson
2010-01-14, 01:20 PM
Guys, this is a D&D forum, how could you not get the obvious Dwarf joke?

Keshay
2010-01-14, 01:40 PM
Guys, this is a D&D forum, how could you not get the obvious Dwarf joke?

Yeah... Its a short guy talking to a tall guy. The implication is that he can only reach up to his enemy's waist.

No mystery here, at all. (though I suppose some of the intended humor could have come from the innuendo regarding the situation I mentioned earlier, but since no one else has apparently heard of that meaning, I doubt that's the case.)

Klose_the_Sith
2010-01-14, 07:27 PM
While we're on the topic of confusing phrases, can anyone help me out with where "I'm gonna go out on a limb here" came from? It's been really bugging me of late ... :smallconfused:

Thufir
2010-01-14, 07:30 PM
While we're on the topic of confusing phrases, can anyone help me out with where "I'm gonna go out on a limb here" came from? It's been really bugging me of late ... :smallconfused:

Limb referring to a tree branch, which may or may not hold the weight of the person about to go out on it.

Kneenibble
2010-01-14, 07:43 PM
Behold yond simpering dame, whose face between her forks presages snow; that minces virtue, and does shake the head to hear of pleasure's name; the fitchew nor the soiled horse goes to't with a more riotous appetite. Down from the waist they are centaurs, though women all above: but to the girdle do the gods inherit, beneath is all the fiend's; there's hell, there's darkness, there is the sulphurous pit; burning, scalding, stench, consumption; fie, fie, fie! pah, pah! Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination: there's money for thee.

Crimmy
2010-01-14, 07:45 PM
Behold yond simpering dame, whose face between her forks presages snow; that minces virtue, and does shake the head to hear of pleasure's name; the fitchew nor the soiled horse goes to't with a more riotous appetite. Down from the waist they are centaurs, though women all above: but to the girdle do the gods inherit, beneath is all the fiend's; there's hell, there's darkness, there is the sulphurous pit; burning, scalding, stench, consumption; fie, fie, fie! pah, pah! Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination: there's money for thee.

Stole the words right outta my mouth...

Serpentine
2010-01-14, 10:35 PM
Must've been while he was kissing you.

Zeb The Troll
2010-01-15, 01:01 AM
Must've been while he was kissing you.:smallbiggrin:

Well done. Well done, indeed.

Limb referring to a tree branch, which may or may not hold the weight of the person about to go out on it.This. To break it down further, the person making the comment is not entirely confident in what they are about to say/do/propose/infer. They could just as easily replace that phrase with the phrase "I'm going to take a risk, here..."

Mystic Muse
2010-01-15, 01:11 AM
Must've been while he was kissing you.

:smallconfused: what?

Zeb The Troll
2010-01-15, 01:30 AM
:smallconfused: what?It's a MeatLoaf song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fAPEUWowEc). The chorus goes thusly...

You took the words right outta my mouth
Oh, it musta been while you were kissin' me

itdoesntmatter
2011-11-10, 10:53 PM
okay. I've seen this phrase used occassionally but I don't know what it means, what it's from, or why people use it. I haven't been able to find it on google either.

The phrase is "from the waist down you're mine" it doesn't make any sense in the context it's used in from what I've seen. If this is something extremely rude and I'm just not aware of it then I'll delete this post.

........... It is actually a movie quote from the movie "I'm going to get you sucka" It's an 80s movie with the Wayans brothers. The actor who said it, I forgot his name, is a midget...he was going to get into a fight with a big person and he told him that line. It was hilarious!!

Mando Knight
2011-11-11, 12:27 AM
The phrase is "from the waist down you're mine" it doesn't make any sense in the context it's used in from what I've seen.

I have never heard the phrase before.

Also, the forum display seems to think it should use your old screen name as originator of the thread. :smallconfused:

EDIT: Aha. Just realized why. *facepalm*

Zeb The Troll
2011-11-11, 10:36 AM
Troll Patrol: Past it's expiration date.