PDA

View Full Version : Is there a 3.5 version of the Whip Dagger?

Talbot
2010-01-14, 10:56 PM
If so, what page/book?

Drakevarg
2010-01-14, 11:00 PM
I don't see what's keeping the 3.0 version from being transferred directly...

oxinabox
2010-01-14, 11:00 PM
3.0 arms and equiptment guide. IIRC.
should be fully portable to 3.5

Iku Rex
2010-01-14, 11:13 PM
I don't think there's a 3.5 version (Dragon?)

From an old post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3178417&postcount=20) of mine:

Converting the whip dagger to 3.5 it would look something like this (mostly copy-paste):

A character who takes the Exotic Weapon Proficiency (whip) feat is also proficient in the whip-dagger. Unlike standard whips, the whip-dagger’s ability to deal damage is unhindered by armor bonuses and natural armor bonuses. The whip-dagger is treated as a melee weapon with 15-foot reach, though you don’t threaten the area into which you can make an attack. In addition, unlike most other weapons with reach, you can use it against foes anywhere within your reach (including adjacent foes).

Using a whip-dagger provokes an attack of opportunity, just as if you had used a ranged weapon.

You can make trip attacks with a whip-dagger. If you are tripped during your own trip attempt, you can drop the whip-dagger to avoid being tripped.

When using a whip-dagger, you get a +2 bonus on opposed attack rolls made to disarm an opponent (including the roll to keep from being disarmed if the attack fails).

You can use the Weapon Finesse feat to apply your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier to attack rolls with a whip-dagger sized for you, even though it isn’t a light weapon for you.
Based on the 3.5 changes to the whip the 3.5 whip-dagger would be a one-handed melee weapon (increased one size category, like the whip) cost 25 gp (same), deal 1d8 damage (once size increase from 1d6 - the whip went from 1d2 to 1d3), have a crit range of 19–20/×2 (same), a reach of 15 ft. (same), weigh 3 lb. (same, could be a little higher but seems reasonable) and deal slashing damage (same).