PDA

View Full Version : Vanderbilt and Nashville, TN.

ForzaFiori
2010-01-14, 11:44 PM
So, a month from this Friday, on February 15, I should receive an answer from Vanderbilt about whether or not I was accepted to college there. If I get in, since I declared early decision, I'm pretty much gonna have to go, which would be awesome. One of the coolest things is that, unlike my uber-small SC town, there might actually be other player grounders in the 550,000 people in Nashville. So basically, is anyone out there in Nashville, or (even better) going to Vanderbilt? Cause if so, I might be heading your way in a year. *crosses fingers* oh yeah, PLEASE do whatever it is you personally do to try to bring good favor on this letter. I really don't wanna stay in my hometown and go to Clemson.

Thes Hunter
2010-01-15, 11:41 PM
They do early decision for Undergrad now to? Craziness.

Jack Squat
2010-01-15, 11:56 PM
There were a couple playgrounders out that way, but I can't say if there are any active ones anymore.

Plenty of us out in East TN though, if that's any consolation.

BTW, Best of luck getting into Vandy. Not to say it's impossible, but from what I've heard they're incredibly hard to get admitted (I believe I was told they're not really taking anyone that has under a 34 ACT score by some people who've gone and have applied, but I could be remembering wrong)

Virgo
2010-01-16, 01:46 AM
There were a couple playgrounders out that way, but I can't say if there are any active ones anymore.

Plenty of us out in East TN though, if that's any consolation.

BTW, Best of luck getting into Vandy. Not to say it's impossible, but from what I've heard they're incredibly hard to get admitted (I believe I was told they're not really taking anyone that has under a 34 ACT score by some people who've gone and have applied, but I could be remembering wrong)

It's very, very rare for a school to set an actual score cutoff like that, because everyone sort of understands that testing numbers can only show so much. Rather, the sad truth of the matter is that many colleges turn away perfectly wonderful applicants because, well, they have thousands of perfectly wonderful applicants to choose from.

Best of luck, mf11! It's an insanity-inducing process, but every college likes to see the type of excitement and dedication that shines through your post (and your willingness to apply early decision)!

Jack Squat
2010-01-16, 10:21 AM
Eh, Like I said, that's just what I was told. Looking online, the reason for me being told this may have been because two of the people I talked to didn't take the writing portion of the ACT, which is required; and only one got in.

ForzaFiori
2010-01-16, 05:08 PM
Well, I have the standerdized scores to get in I think. a 31 ACT with writing, and a 1510 SAT (on the new 1600 system). My main concern is my grades... I was really slack 9th and 10th grades, so my GPA isn't as high as it could be.