PDA

View Full Version : A movie is getting filmed on my street!

Gamerlord
2010-01-15, 12:12 PM
"Boardwalk empire"

Thats the name, there are signs all over the place, next week, boardwalk empire will be filmed on MY street!

And maybe even in my house.

My father called the studio, the film is set in the 1920s, this house was built around that time. My dad offered to rent the house out for them to film it in.
:smallbiggrin:

Pharaoh's Fist
2010-01-15, 12:27 PM
You must disrupt it.

Nameless
2010-01-15, 12:28 PM
You must disrupt it.

Yes, it's the only logical solution.

Gamerlord
2010-01-15, 12:28 PM
You must disrupt it.

Why would I want to? :smallbiggrin:

Pharaoh's Fist
2010-01-15, 12:31 PM
Yes, it's the only logical solution.

With fire.

FoE
2010-01-15, 12:37 PM
Are they finally adapting Monopoly into a movie?

Starscream
2010-01-15, 12:37 PM
That's neat. You'll get some cool stories to tell, anyway.

Shawshank Redemption was filmed all around my hometown. The prison (Mansfield State Reformatory) is about two blocks away from my house, downtown was used for the shots in the city, Malibar Farm contains the field where Morgan Freeman finds the gift left by Andy, and my high school math teacher can be seen as an extra in one scene.:smallbiggrin:

It's about the only thing my town has ever had going for it. At least it makes for interesting field trips. I have a picture of myself standing under "Brooks was here - So was Red", and inside Andy's cell.

Trog
2010-01-15, 12:38 PM
Wow! Very cool! Say hi to Martin Scorsese and Steve Buscemi for me. :smallbiggrin:

Gamerlord
2010-01-15, 12:47 PM
Are they finally adapting Monopoly into a movie?
No, it is a 1920s mafia film.

Gamerlord
2010-01-15, 01:02 PM
BREAKING NEWS FOLKS!
Its not a movie, its a television series! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boardwalk_Empire_(TV_Series))

SurlySeraph
2010-01-15, 01:03 PM
There was an episode of Law and Order filmed in my lobby, part of Vanilla Sky was filmed a block from my school, and there was a photoshoot for an ad for Tumi, a company that makes expensive luggage, using the front of my building. And I've seen camera crews within a few blocks of my house probably 5 times for the course of the years.

New York. :smallbiggrin:

BRC
2010-01-15, 01:04 PM
With fire.
With Flaming Bears.

It is the only reasonable response.

Gamerlord
2010-01-15, 01:05 PM
New York. :smallbiggrin:

NEWWWWWWW YOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRK! :smallbiggrin:
*Starts singing "New York" *

BRC
2010-01-15, 01:09 PM
I have a friend from New York who freaks out whenever NY shows up in a movie or TV show we're watching. I'm like "Listen, you're from one of the, if not the, most common film settings in the world, you don't get to be excited when it shows up on screen".

MethosH
2010-01-15, 01:09 PM
TV Shows are filmed on my street all the time.. I kind of live on a "good for shooting tv shows" neighborhood

Syka
2010-01-15, 06:10 PM
Enjoy. :) As one who is becoming involved in film, I pleeead with you, if for no other reason than to aid the producer in keeping some sanity, make life easy and DON'T disrupt anything. :smallwink:

It should be fun saying "I live there!"

Gaelbert
2010-01-15, 10:05 PM
Sons of Anarchy is set near my hometown. And Cool Hand Luke took place in the countryside around my hometown as well.

Krade
2010-01-15, 10:10 PM
A part of Too Fast, Too Furious was filmed on the street where a bunch of people who went to my high school lived. They all got pictures with the cars and actors and stuff. I think it was on Big Pine in the Florida Keys. I never actually watched the movie though, so I'm not sure.

Movies don't get filmed in Indianapolis. The one movie (aside from Hoosiers) I've seen where Indianapolis is "in it" was Eagle Eye. Then the address that they were going to popped up on the screen (I think it was something like "56 E 72nd St." I was thinking, "I wonder what they are going to do in an upscale residential neighborhood." Turns out, according to Hollywood, "upscale residential neighborhoods" look remarkably similar to downtown Chicago.

Sneak
2010-01-15, 10:27 PM
As cool as it would be to have a movie/TV show filmed in your house, would that really fun at all? Having tons of random people invade your privacy and not being able to be in your house for however long they use it?

Still, that is pretty awesome. :smalltongue:

Thes Hunter
2010-01-15, 11:39 PM
For some reason they like to file post apocalyptic movies in my current town. :smallbiggrin:

And yes, one of the film crews was robbed at shot gun point. Only furthering the stereotype.

Gamerlord
2010-01-16, 03:53 PM
Enjoy. :) As one who is becoming involved in film, I pleeead with you, if for no other reason than to aid the producer in keeping some sanity, make life easy and DON'T disrupt anything. :smallwink:

It should be fun saying "I live there!"

Don't worry, I wouldn't disrupt it if I was held at gunpoint.

Worira
2010-01-16, 04:51 PM
For some reason they like to file post apocalyptic movies in my current town. :smallbiggrin:

And yes, one of the film crews was robbed at shot gun point. Only furthering the stereotype.

That was actually just an extra who was very serious about staying in character.

EDIT: Also, I suppose I should mention that stuff gets filmed here. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StargateCity)

Solaris
2010-01-16, 04:56 PM

That's 'cause you're in D-Town. It is a post-apocalyptic setting.
Also, mysteriously enough, parts of Ford (Fort? I forget) street moonlight as Transformer battlegrounds.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-01-16, 05:07 PM
Foyle's War was filmed all around East Sussex, and the film My Boy Jack was filmed in Hastings. There's probably something else I can't think of right now as wel.

Ozreth
2010-01-16, 05:10 PM
That's neat. You'll get some cool stories to tell, anyway.

Shawshank Redemption was filmed all around my hometown. The prison (Mansfield State Reformatory) is about two blocks away from my house, downtown was used for the shots in the city, Malibar Farm contains the field where Morgan Freeman finds the gift left by Andy, and my high school math teacher can be seen as an extra in one scene.:smallbiggrin:

It's about the only thing my town has ever had going for it. At least it makes for interesting field trips. I have a picture of myself standing under "Brooks was here - So was Red", and inside Andy's cell.

Which state?

Rutskarn
2010-01-16, 05:24 PM
Large portions of Conquest of the Planet of the Apes were filmed at my university, l UCI. I literally walk under, past, and through recognizable areas in the film on a daily basis.

GallóglachMaxim
2010-01-16, 05:36 PM
Well I hope they don't keep you awake at night with shouting and giant spotlights like this lot (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0481452/) did when they filmed next door.

Gamerlord
2010-01-16, 05:39 PM
Well I hope they don't keep you awake at night with shouting and giant spotlights like this lot (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0481452/) did when they filmed next door.
I INTEND to stay up late so I can watch the process of the show getting filmed from my bedroom windows.

Crispy Dave
2010-01-19, 02:08 AM
The lake scene from the Godfather (2?) was filmed at a condo my dad owned for a while.

When I was in like second grade the movie http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_Day_%28film%29 was filmed at my school. The wikipedia article seems to lie about the location a bit.