PDA

View Full Version : [Hackmaster Basic] Throw Voice Ideas

Dizlag
2010-01-15, 02:58 PM
Ok all,

I need your help. Our group is starting a Hackmaster Basic campaign on monday night and I need some ideas when using the "Throw Voice" spell. Basically, I'll be able to throw my voice, as an elf mage, 30 feet for 1 minute or 10 rounds. I basically suck at combat as I'm only proficient in a dagger, only thing he's used it on is dicing up some spell components. =)

We've got two dwarf fighters, a cleric, and a rogue as a party makeup. So, how would you use the ability to throw your voice 30 feet to help out your buddies in combat?

One I was thinking of is whispering in a bad-guy's ear with off-color taunts and then do it a second time. hehehe

Thanks for your time all,

Dizlag

Radar
2010-01-15, 03:44 PM
Precombat:
1. Distraciton usefull for drawing baddies, where you want them, so you can stab them in their backs. More versatile then throwing stones or peanuts.
2. Ye old Gandalf on trolls trick (see Hobbit). :smallbiggrin:
3. Improved one-way communication (you can whisper to anyone in range).

Combat depends heavily on DM's ruling, since it's mostly shouting or saying things, to trigger instinctive reactions ("Behind you!!!"), or to taunt and confuse your enemies.

Matthew
2010-01-16, 08:10 PM
Startling enemy mounts, perhaps?

Dizlag
2010-01-18, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I'll have to ask the DM what kind of benefit some of this would produce for us. The one way communication idea is pretty kewl and screaming in the ear of someone's mount from a distance would be pretty awesome too. =)

Thanks for the ideas, guys!

Dizlag

Paul H
2010-01-18, 01:36 PM
Hi

Dunno about Hackmaster, but had a blast with my Beguiler in a 3.5 game a few months ago.

Usual drunken bar fight. 'Awful' Evil town & guards. Drunk using his tankard as improvised weapon. Cast Ghost Sound whilst sat at table - tankard started going "OUCH" every time it was used to hit someone. Ended up with the drunk apologising profusely to his 'special' tankard. Then the guards turned up - we were still quietly having our drinks at the table. :smallbiggrin:

Very hilarious........

Cheers
Paul H