PDA

View Full Version : WW Central VI: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

banjo1985
2010-04-13, 08:36 AM
You can take June 28th if you want. I know it's only a few weeks earlier, but that's something I guess. Based on my ability to participate in even a single WW at the moment, I'm not going to be in a position to run anything.

Lex-Kat
2010-04-14, 11:24 PM
Can we please get four more players for the second Reverse Werewolf (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8299973#post8299973)? Thanks in advance. :smallsmile:

Wizibirb
2010-04-15, 12:20 AM
Lex-kat you are amazing! as for being so amazing you get a one time bane in reverse ww!!!!!
Not really I would but others would complain about me not being 'fair' but like they say its the thought that counts.

and on that note we still need 3 more players before we can start so join Reverse WW (its not a complicated game ask anyone who was in it last time.)

DungeonMaster77
2010-04-15, 07:41 AM
Hey All,

Just a reminder that recruiting for Werewolf Classic XI: Origins ends today at 10 pm United States Central time.

~DM77

lostlittlebear
2010-04-15, 08:14 AM
Proposed Rules for Camelot WW 1: The Sword in the Stone

The concept for the game is a few teams of wolves starting blind, but being compensated by having tons of special powers. The drawback to this though, is that using their special powers too much means no night kill. If they manage to get into contact, then they can work out a system of suppressing, but before that it's really up to each individual player.

Wolf Rules:
Group Kill and Suppression Points
Each night, every Arthurian sends a PM to the narrators with a vote for the person they would like to kill that night. The person with the highest number of votes is killed. In case of a tie, the narrators will roll a die to decide who dies. If the wolves target one of their own, or the target is baned, the kill fails. They are not told why the kill fails.

If they so wish, Arthurians may instead choose to suppress their vote. This gains them one Suppression Point, which they may use to activate special powers. Arthurians who do not send in their PM by the end of the night are assumed to be suppressing their vote.

If more than 50% of Arthurians suppress their vote, no kill takes place that night.

Arthur (Beast)
If Arthur is lynched, a Random Person from the lynch mob is killed. He can be night-killed normally. Starts off knowing Merlin.

Suppression Power (Assassin):
For 3 points, Arthur may use an extra unblockable night-kill

Merlin (Vortex)Every other night, Merlin may select two people: a target and a dummy. In the next day phase, each point at the dummy is transferred instead to the target. Starts off knowing Arthur.

Suppression Power (Disguiser/Dominator):
For 1 point, Merlin may change the appearance of an individual. For the rest of the night, anyone scrying the individual will see a role of Merlin’s choice.

For 3 points, Merlin may choose to befuddle an individual. Merlin dictates the results of the individual’s NEXT night action. This means that he can choose the result of a scry, change the subject of a bane, or switch the target of a night kill. Merlin has to declare what actions he wishes to take in his PM to the narrators. If the subject of his power does not possess the powers Merlin assumes he does, the power fails.

Sir Kay and Sir Ector (Devil)
Each night, either Sir Kay or Sir Ector must PM the narrator with the name of an individual they want to scry. If either one of them is killed, this ability still functions, but can only be used every other night. Sir Kay and Sir Ector start off knowing each other.

Suppression Power (Daybaner):
For 4 points, Sir Kay and Sir Ector may prevent an individual from being lynched during the Day Phase. In order to do this, either one of them has to send the narrator a PM before the Day Phase with the individual’s name enclosed. The person with the second-highest number of votes is lynched instead. Their pool of Suppression Points is shared.

Arthurian Sympathizers (2-4, depending on game size):They have no special powers, and start off blind.

Suppression Power (Alpha)
For 1 point, they scry as a villager for that night.

Good Guy Rules:
Guardians of the Sword (Masons):
They start off knowing one another. There will be 3-5 of them, depending on game size.
Archbishop (Seer)Every night phase, he may choose someone to scry. Starts off blind.
Drunken Deacon (Fool)Every night phase, he may choose someone to scry, but is given a random response. Thinks he is the Archbishop. Starts off blind.
The King of Wales (Baner)Each night, he may choose someone to protect from night kills. Arthur’s extra night kill can bypass his protection. Starts off blind.
The King of Scotland (Sniper)During the night phase he may choose someone to night kill. This skill has a three night cooldown and may be subject to Merlin’s interference. Starts off blind.
Dissenting Nobles (Villager)They have no special powers.

Please read and review guys! Recruiting will begin in a week or two :smallsmile:

Trixie
2010-04-15, 10:42 AM
So, I won... and my role is gone? :smallsigh:

And Lex is supposed to narrate this? I disbelieve.

Plus, strange similarities to Fate II are strange. I'm flattered, though ;P

Overall, could have some rules adjustments.

lostlittlebear
2010-04-15, 11:00 AM
Sorry Trixie, but narrative causality dictates Morgause isn't part of the story just yet!

Similarities to Fate 2?

-reads game archives-

Woah... I swear, I hadn't even read Fate 2's rules before this. Hope you don't mind though! After all, the biggest similarity is pretty much only the concept of there being two blind wolf teams. The idea of Suppression Points is a first in the Playground, I hope....

Any rules adjustments you'd suggest?

Lex-Kat
2010-04-15, 12:15 PM
Actually, it's three groups of wolves. Arthur/Merlin, Sir Kay and Ector, and Nameless Supporters (all of which are blind to each other, apparently).

And why are you disbelieving I'll help Co-Narrate? :smallconfused:

Trixie
2010-04-15, 01:05 PM
After all, the biggest similarity is pretty much only the concept of there being two blind wolf teams. The idea of Suppression Points is a first in the Playground, I hope...

No, you stole them from Fate III :smallbiggrin:

The concept of 2 wolf teams, and both of them having similar roles to compensate ;P

Shadowcaller
2010-04-15, 01:31 PM
No, you stole them from Fate III :smallbiggrin:

The concept of 2 wolf teams, and both of them having similar roles to compensate ;P

Two wolf teams and both of them have similar roles to compensate? That wasn't introduced in fates 2 Trixie.

Trixie
2010-04-15, 01:39 PM
Two wolf teams and both of them have similar roles to compensate? That wasn't introduced in fates 2 Trixie.

No, the concept of points and powers using them :smallamused: And I was half-joking anyway :P

Shadowcaller
2010-04-15, 01:40 PM
No, the concept of points and powers using them :smallamused: And I was half-joking anyway :P

Thats very true.

lostlittlebear
2010-04-15, 01:48 PM
Well, after reading Fate III for the first time, I realized you are kind of right - each role there has special powers that are activated upon using points. However in Fate III the points are gained from controlling places of power, but in Camelot you get points from Suppressing your group kill.

I guess it is a similarity though, and if you'd rather I not use the concept of Points and extra Powers in my game, I can always change the rules.

Lex-Kat
2010-04-15, 04:42 PM
Don't worry about it lostlittlebear. She's just messing with you, and pointing out a similarity. She's knows you wasn't even around for Fates III. And I hated that game. So I certainly wouldn't intentionally emulate it.

Trixie
2010-04-15, 04:45 PM
Yeah! I have the copyright! Muahahaha! Kneel before my power! :smallamused:

Nah, if you want to, sure, go ahead. Still, if you want new ideas, there's still Fate I's and Fate Zero unique concepts you can borrow as well :smalltongue:

PS. Hated? Good to hear ;P

Lex-Kat
2010-04-15, 05:09 PM
Fate Zero? When and where was that? :smallconfused:

Elder Tsofu
2010-04-16, 12:00 AM
Maybe this is an announcement?
Yipee. :smallbiggrin:

And change the rules? Seriously?
Think of it as "great minds think alike".
- But the positive thing is that you should be able to find some veterans who experienced variants of the rules in action (although separated). They should probably be able to point out flaws.
As Lex-kat. Who apparently hated the game. :smalltongue:
I on the other hand had one of the best games yet - royal fun. :smallbiggrin:

I liked the points system, felt it added a bit more tactics to the game. The 50% limit is set where you feel it too.
I experienced the loss-power system as I was killed of after the first night and thus lost all my powers - including the one of breathing.

DungeonMaster77
2010-04-16, 07:49 AM
Hey All,

Recruiting for Werewolf Classic XI: Origins is now closed!

Please remember, the game will begin on 19 April, so keep an eye out for the PM that has your role.

~DM77

billtodamax
2010-04-17, 05:54 PM
Can Bill and Murska have July the 19th? Working title is The City.

happyturtle
2010-04-17, 05:59 PM
Murska agreed to run a game?

I am so in!

Murska
2010-04-17, 06:27 PM
Metropolitan Mayhem. We have a lot of ideas for the game, but sadly, for all roles to be used we'd require a lot of players. So we'll probably have to cut some things, considering it's mid of summer and all.

However, if we do get enough I can promise you all a very interesting game. :smallwink:

Fortuna
2010-04-19, 03:29 AM
Wow, I didn't realize my game was starting so soon.

When should I start recruiting, in the opinions of those far more experienced than me?

Zar Peter
2010-04-19, 09:07 AM
Wow, I didn't realize my game was starting so soon.

When should I start recruiting, in the opinions of those far more experienced than me?

My rule of thumb: Minimum 1 Week, maximum 2 weeks before the start of the game.

DungeonMaster77
2010-04-20, 12:45 AM
Sorry, sorry!

Just a note to everybody: The Courtyard Marriott by the Salt Lake City Airport has horrible internet service. No, really...I'm in the parking lot of a McDonalds that has free Wi-Fi...

Posts are going out now as to roles, and soon thereafter, the post will be submitted for the actual game...

Again, SORRY!

~DM77

Hey, Irbis, I couldn't PM you your role as your inbox is full. If you can fix this and then PM me, I'll send you your role! If anybody else has contact with Irbis elsewhere, please give Irbis this message for me or direct Irbis here.

EDIT: WW Classic XI: Origins thread has been sent in for approval. If a Moderator would be kind enough to approve it, we can begin the game!

Fortuna
2010-04-21, 04:10 AM
And Cults is now recruiting, once it gets approved.

DungeonMaster77
2010-04-22, 03:42 AM
Hey All,

There are some folks in WW Classic XI: Origins (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149738) that have not voted, or at least posted even if you are abstaining from voting (to avoid auto-lynching). Please ensure that you do so!

Thanks,

~DM77

EDIT: Question for everyone here...

I have a player that was killed on Day 1 in Classic. He was a Villager and doesn't have any info. It's night turn now. The lynched player (not auto-lynched) asked if he can be put back in, pending an auto-lynching of other players. Unfortunately I see a slight problem as if I were to allow this, it may give the Werewolves a slight disadvantage and a slight advantage to the Villagers.

I'm not sure how to proceed as either way, I am setting a WWC precedent.

What do you all think? If it's going to happen, the player will re-enter on Day 2, after this night turn is over, so I'd like some feedback soon.

~DM77

billtodamax
2010-04-22, 07:26 PM
I'm going to my grandma's and getting back on Monday. I'll have a little internet access, but won't be posting as much.

Then I'm gonna be going on musical camp from Tuesday through to Thursday, with absolutely no internet access.

It would be nice if I weren't auto-lynched over this period.

Reinholdt
2010-04-22, 07:40 PM
Hey All,

There are some folks in WW Classic XI: Origins (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149738) that have not voted, or at least posted even if you are abstaining from voting (to avoid auto-lynching). Please ensure that you do so!

Thanks,

~DM77

EDIT: Question for everyone here...

I have a player that was killed on Day 1 in Classic. He was a Villager and doesn't have any info. It's night turn now. The lynched player (not auto-lynched) asked if he can be put back in, pending an auto-lynching of other players. Unfortunately I see a slight problem as if I were to allow this, it may give the Werewolves a slight disadvantage and a slight advantage to the Villagers.

I'm not sure how to proceed as either way, I am setting a WWC precedent.

What do you all think? If it's going to happen, the player will re-enter on Day 2, after this night turn is over, so I'd like some feedback soon.

~DM77

Well he wouldn't be re-entering Day 2, he'd be re-entering when someone was Auto'd. Usually the start of the day after that incident, simply taking up that players role.

Player X has role Y.
Murska is lynched as a villager day 1.
Player X is auto'd at the end of day 2.
Murska gets role Y and is placed back in the game at the beginning of day 3.

It's been done before. Titans 3. Lynched villagers could return as replacements for those who auto'd but only if they hadn't been scried earlier and placed in a seer network (in other words have more information than anyone else). This game doesn't have that problem since the Seer can't PM anyone.

It does make the game last longer though. Not sure about how it balances out, largely cause Titans is a poor game to test things like balance for normal WW. :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2010-04-22, 08:00 PM
DM77, I think some may not have noticed the one-day auto-lynch rule.

Most games have a two-day auto-lynch rule, and usually don't count non-voting posts as posts. Vote or die. :smalleek:

So maybe make a one time exception, PMing those who haven't posted at least once and explaining that they need to post, with or without a vote, each day or be auto'd the next day. Or just change it to two days without posting to be auto-lynched.

I think one day autolynches likely give a bigger advantage to the wolves.

happyturtle
2010-04-22, 08:16 PM
In LLD, we let one mistakenly lynched player back into the game with a randomly selected role, knowing he didn't have any information. And one early killed player asked to come back as an autolynch replacement, which was done. He assumed the role of the autolynched person. No one else has requested to return, and it's probably too far in the game to assume anyone is uncorrupted enough with unfair knowledge to return into the game. I can't really say either of those returns tipped the balance much one way or the other.

One day autolynches though... that's not something the werewolf community here is used to. I've never seen a game with less than 2 days, and for a while, when the forum servers were acting up, we routinely gave 3. In some games, players take it upon themselves to PM people in autolynch danger to remind them to vote. I've done this as both wolf and villager, just because I don't like seeing players die to autolynch. But with a no PM rule, no one has the option of doing that.

Some players don't have net access on weekends, so might want to take that into account somehow as well.

Darkcomet
2010-04-22, 08:20 PM
I must agree with Happy's and Lex's points on 1-day autolynches.

I feel the urge to point out that, in addition to what they said, some players tend to not post on Day 1 due to the random lynching. I, for one, generally don't since I magnetize day-1-lynches when my name's so much as mentioned. >.>

Reinholdt
2010-04-22, 08:21 PM
DM77, I think some may not have noticed the one-day auto-lynch rule.

:smalleek: Definitely didn't.

Might want to put the rules up in the first post too DM77.

Thufir
2010-04-22, 08:52 PM
I definitely feel 1-day autolynch is unfair when combined with this:

Just a reminder...the day turn ends when at least 25% votes turn to one person, or whomever has the most votes by morning of the 22nd. I'll post the end of day turn lynching, and then announce the beginning of the night turn.

So, we have 52 players. What if the first 13 to post all vote for the same person? Whoops, there goes 3/4 of the playerbase!
I'm not wildly keen on the idea of the quoted rule anyway, since anything which ends the day early risks increasing the number of autolynches, since people can only get online at certain times.

happyturtle
2010-04-22, 09:02 PM
Yeah, I never end day phases early for that very reason. Someone who has to share a computer with a sibling, or can only get on from work / school / the library is at a severe disadvantage if they can never know when the day would end.

Reinholdt
2010-04-22, 09:07 PM

So, we have 52 players. What if the first 13 to post all vote for the same person? Whoops, there goes 3/4 of the playerbase!
I'm not wildly keen on the idea of the quoted rule anyway, since anything which ends the day early risks increasing the number of autolynches, since people can only get online at certain times.
It's a shame the wolves didn't do this and win the game day 1. That would have been epic. :biggrin:

If made some people very grumbly.

Shadow
2010-04-22, 09:39 PM

The general rule is (or at least was) that any day that ended early due to overwhelming votes wasn't counted in autolynch tallies.
So if/when someone recieved enough votes to end the phase early, anyone who didn't vote in time simply got a pass on voting that day, and essentially had their total non-voting-day-tally decreased by one.

Example:
Shadow votes day 1
Shadow doesn't vote day 2
Shadow doesn't vote day 3 and day ends early due to votes. This day doesn't count towards autos because no one can say that Shadow wouldn't have voted had day lasted full phase.
Shadow doesn't vote day 4 and is autolynched.

Oh, and I've never been a fan of the auto-lynch replacement, but that's just personal taste. DM77 you mentioned that it may give the wolves a slight disadvantage, and this is the reason I don't like it.
Wolves rarely auto, so you're just adding more villagers in that case.

happyturtle
2010-04-22, 09:58 PM
Wolves auto all the time. In my first game, we had a wolf auto, along with the two people who replaced him. And in my first Spytrap game, you auto'd as a wolf. Masons auto. Seers auto. My hunch is that there is probably a slight proportional increase in villagers autoing, but not by much. Most players don't think 'I got a boring role, I'm going to stop playing'. They just get wrapped up in other stuff and forget. And that happens to people regardless of the role.

The reason autolynches favor wolves is just because it whittles down the playlist faster. When I'm a wolf, I'd rather win by killing my enemies and tricking the village into lynching who I want lynched, not by having my opponents disqualify themselves.

Trixie
2010-04-23, 03:40 AM
Um... so, to even things up, might I say I'd like to test 1 day auto and I support you in this? :smalltongue: I was never a big fan of games that drag for months due to the number of players, I'm all for extra edge there.

banjo1985
2010-04-23, 04:14 AM
Not a fan of one day autolynching to be honest. Just because I don't agree with wolves and power-roles hiding by not voting, doesn't mean that option should be taken away.

Still, I'm happy to see any new rule tried that might change the WW gameor add a new aspect to it. If it gets trialed and turns out to work well, then great.

DungeonMaster77
2010-04-23, 08:56 AM
Hey All,

Just a few things:

I'm going to keep the 2-day auto-lynch rule, against my better judgment. The idea of abstaining from voting is rediculous, as I CLEARLY stated that players needed to post at least once, even if they don't vote.

Unfortunately, as everyone seems used to the 2-day rule, I will continue it.

As for the 25% votes/first 13 people to vote rule...do any of you even know why we created that rule? Because normal Classic rules require a MAJORITY, so in this case 27 votes! With people abstaining from voting, hiding, etcetera...how likely do you think it is and how often does it happen? We had to change the rule in the VERY first game. As I have ranted on (and others), the idea that "an early day ended by 25% votes is bad" is just preposterous, as it has not (at least in 1st few turns) and likely will not happen. If you all think that is unfair, then I say we put up a thread somewhere to take a vote to keep the rule as is or change it.

Lastly, I think that auto-replacement will not be allowed in Classic. Classic is what it is because of the basic ruleset. No auto-lynch replacement in Classic.

~DM77

banjo1985
2010-04-23, 09:08 AM
Werewolf Classic works because of the basic rules, its balance, and the fact that it's always been run by some very good narrators (DM himself, Zar Petey, Zeb...the one I narrated excluded obviously :smalltongue:). I even like the 25% rule and have used it in other games on occasion, makes players take sides rather than sitting on the fence.

It's just that 1-day autolynch leaves so little leeway for player who just can't get to the computer for a couple of days. Sure, they can post an away message if they know about it beforehand, but if not they need to get back very quick to maintain their place in the game. As someone who doesn't really get on here at weekends anymore, the two-day rule is heaven sent. :smallsmile:

V Ah, that's my interpretation of the 25% rule, I don't finish days early. Late due to my own lethargy mor ethan anything.

Reinholdt
2010-04-23, 09:09 AM
You saying it has not and will not happen is no longer valid. It's happened many a game while you were away. :smalltongue:

In fact, I don't know about early game, but middle and late game, (well heck, even early game too. Go look at the currently running Reverse WW II), I've seen a number of dual bandwagons that's pretty much 45% on one guy and 43% on another, one bandwagon edging out another barely. I know in the first Graverobbers, a mason was barely lynched in a dual bandwagon like this and the wolves used that info to sniff out other masons.

If the day ends early by the 25% rule, then these dual day bandwagons are defeated and who becomes lynched over the other comes down to arbitrary timing and luck.

That's not to say don't require 25% for a lynch. My understanding of the rule (before this game) was that 25% was required to lynch, but didn't end the day early. If 25% wasn't reached there was no lynch that day.

Though personally, I'm fine with it either way. Just throwing this out there. :smallwink:

Alarra
2010-04-23, 10:02 AM
I think the rule that we used to use (there hasn't been a restriction in most games in some time) was that 25% was required to lynch someone and that 50% would end the day early. This does make for less chance of people changing their votes based on arguments and the like, which is kind of bad, but that's how we used to run things anyway.

Thufir
2010-04-23, 10:04 AM
Yeah, the rules which I understood and which are in the opening posts of Central were that 25% was required for a lynch and 50% would end the day early.
(Many narrators don't use those rules either, but that's the form of them I think people are more familiar with)

Ninja'd by ye Mod.

happyturtle
2010-04-23, 10:54 AM
If you all think that is unfair, then I say we put up a thread somewhere to take a vote to keep the rule as is or change it.

Do you mean a vote for whether the rule applies in the current game, or all future Classic games? If it's the former, then it'd probably be best to just take the poll of your own players. If the latter - well, future Classic narrators and players may or may not be of the same opinion. Tastes change over time and playstyles and narrative styles evolve.

Zeb The Troll
2010-04-24, 12:08 AM
Do you mean a vote for whether the rule applies in the current game, or all future Classic games? If it's the former, then it'd probably be best to just take the poll of your own players. If the latter - well, future Classic narrators and players may or may not be of the same opinion. Tastes change over time and playstyles and narrative styles evolve.Yes, but the idea of Classic is that there's a fixed ruleset with no variation from the narrators. Classic is not the game for experimentation.

Lex-Kat
2010-04-24, 01:36 AM
Let's see if this holds true.

{table=head]Game|Seer|Fool|Baner|Masons|Devil|25% Rule|Other Rules
Classic I|X|X|X|X|X||Majority Lynch
Classic II|X|X|X|X|X||Majority Lynch
Classic II Take II|X|X|X|X|X||Majority Lynch
Classic III|X|X|X|X|X||Majority Lynch
Classic IV|X|X|X|X|X||Majority Lynch
Classic V|X|X|X|X|X||Majority Lynch
Classic VI|X|X|X|X|X||Majority Lynch
Classic VII|X|X|X|X|X||4 day autolynch
Classic VIII|X|X|X|X|X||3 day autolynch
Classic IX|X|X|X|X|X||2 day autolynch, Helgraf's Scry Interference
Classic X|X|X|X|X|X||2 day autolynch
Classic XI|X|X|X|X|X||1 day autolynch
[/table]

Majority Vote: If one player is on the recieving end of 50% or more of the votes, day ends early, night begins.

In none of the early game's rules is it mentioned about the 25% rule. I believe it's halfway through the first game that it's decided that waiting for a 50% majority is making the game too long.

But in none of the OPs did I read about the 25% rule. Only the Majority rule. And those were quoted from the Original.

Also, nowhere are the Autolynch rules mentioned, until Classic VII. Which happens to be my first game. And I've seen them in every game I've played since. So anyone who started playing after WWC VII, is likely used to having at least a 2 day autolynch.

Lastly. While it is true that Classic has very straightforward rules, based off the original game. Werewolf III was the first Paranoia game, spawning it's own spin-off, Paranoia.

Werewolf IV is the first to list the 25% rule in the OP. And it states it just like we were saying.

At the end of the 48 hours, whoever has the most accusations, assuming that person has gotten the votes of more than 25% of the live population, is lynched.
But otherwise, sticks to the original ruleset.

Werewolf V is the DnD game. With lots experimental roles, based on... DnD of course. :smalltongue: But again, didn't mention the 25% rule in his OP. Not even in the OP of the Recruitment thread.

Werewolf VI has more experimentation.

Werewolf VII, strangley enough, is also the first of the "Werewolf" games to mention the Auto-lynch days, two. But still more experimentation.

Werewolf VIII, 2 day auto-lynching, and a second Paranoia game.

Werewolf IX. I think you of all people know what happened in Werewolf IX. I only wish I'd been around to play it. It looked like fun. :smallbiggrin: But no mention of Auto-lynch rules.

Werewolf X. The last one to be called "Werewolf". And except for some minor exceptions, used the original rules.

So, in conclusion, while the basic rules are always the same; Baner, Seer, Fool, Devil, Masons, Villagers, and Wolves; Autolynches, 50%, 25%, and Scry Interference seem to be on a case-by-case/narrator's choice basis.

Zeb The Troll
2010-04-24, 01:53 AM
It is important to note that Werewolf and Werewolf Classic were two separate games. Classic was deliberately set aside to not have rules variations way back when there were only the two games and not all these innumerable spin-offs.

It's since been removed from the intro posts, but there once was a copy of the discussion about whether or not the Devil and the wolves should know each other in Classic. (I believe it was decided that the original intention was that they should not and that became the rule for all Classics since then.)

EDIT TO ADD: WW Central II even has a note stating "These are the rules for WW Classic" and they are the rules originally presented by DM77.

ALSO ALSO: If you look at WW IX, you'll see that there are players that were auto-lynched. We didn't spell out the rule in that game because by that time it was the standard unless otherwise specified (no vote for two consecutive days gets you booted from the game).

happyturtle
2010-04-24, 02:13 AM
Yes, but the idea of Classic is that there's a fixed ruleset with no variation from the narrators. Classic is not the game for experimentation.

I'd consider the current game with the no PM rule a form of experimentation. I know it's being presented as a way of returning the game to the way it used to be, but it's still a huge departure from the way Classic has been played the last half dozen times at least.

Zeb The Troll
2010-04-24, 02:32 AM
I'd consider the current game with the no PM rule a form of experimentation. I know it's being presented as a way of returning the game to the way it used to be, but it's still a huge departure from the way Classic has been played the last half dozen times at least.That may not be the way it has been played, but it seems that it's the way it was intended to be played.

Let's not forget that DM77 isn't coming in here as a newcomer trying to shake things up. He's coming here as the guy who brought WW games to GitP in the first place. And the fact he's been out of the loop for a bit (through no fault of his own, I might add (Thank You for your service, DM)) while things got a mite out of hand, comparatively, doesn't mean he doesn't have the prerogative to try to make his game be run the way it was originally intended to be run.

It's been removed since Shadow gave up the reins on the Central thread, but it used to also be written in stone that Classic is DM77's game so long as he's around to run it. This iteration of the game always has been his game. Some folks decided that since Uncle Sam sent him to a big scary desert for a while that he should lose that claim, I suppose. I, for one, feel we should honor the legacy.

Shadow
2010-04-24, 02:45 AM
Also, to show that we didn't mysteriously make this rule up and that it has been around for quite some time, here's an example:

Remember:
25% majority (9 votes) needed for successful lynch.
50% majority (18 votes) for lynch to happen early.
Please post all points in red text, and un-points with strike through
Notice the "Remember:" part. As if to say: "You all know this, but I'll repeat it anyway."

I only posted this particular one because I specifically remembered where it was so it took little searching.

You'll also notice that nowhere in the rules for this game was this specifically announced.... and that not one person complained or even mentioned this rule in the thread beyond the reminder by the narrator.
That's just the way we played back then.

I think it's more a matter of "we're all used to the rules, so we don't need to explain them all" kind of a thing that eventually just fell off specifically *because* we never explained them all.
As the player base grew and grew, a few things like this were lost.

happyturtle
2010-04-24, 03:16 AM
Er.... I haven't said, or heard anyone else say, that he shouldn't have taken Classic back. :smallconfused: If there was anyone who had the ambition to replace DM77 completely, then Classic wouldn't have been passed around amicably among narrators as it has been.

I'm only saying that there hasn't been an unwavering ruleset and to say that there has been when Lex's table clearly shows otherwise seems kind of silly. The 25% lynch rule that Shadow refers to isn't even being used in the current game, unless 5/52 = 25%. :smallconfused:

Irbis
2010-04-24, 05:43 AM
My .03$... If DM wants to have one day auto, let him! :smallsmile:

After all, if that doesn't work out, we'll know that after the game, if this does, more games might benefit.

Fate Zero? When and where was that? :smallconfused:

Wasn't that the one canceled bacause lack of interest? :smallconfused:

Zeb The Troll
2010-04-24, 06:04 AM
I'm only saying that there hasn't been an unwavering ruleset and to say that there has been when Lex's table clearly shows otherwise seems kind of silly. The 25% lynch rule that Shadow refers to isn't even being used in the current game, unless 5/52 = 25%. :smallconfused:My point was that the variations in the ruleset came about because people forgot what the point of Classic is, apparently. These variations happened in DM77's absence. The only change that I remember him being involved in was the determination that the Devil and the Wolves wouldn't start out knowing each other. And that was brought up as a discussion before the base ruleset was changed. This then leading to the current question, should there be a discussion adding an autolynch rule to the base ruleset where there was none before. You said no "because other future narrators might not agree with how you do things". I say "but it's his rules we're all supposed to have been following all this time" and that the reason we haven't for the last handful of iterations may be because someone took out the part that says "these are the unwavering rules for Classic" line from the OP's. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-04-24, 06:31 AM
I'm never opposed to discussion. I just thought the idea of a poll was a bit overkill. I doubt the narrator of WW Classic 382 is going to feel bound by whatever opinions we express today.

As for the editing of the OPs, the changes were presented for discussion at the time, and I don't remember anyone objecting then. :smalltongue:

Murska
2010-04-24, 06:45 AM
For any normal game, the narrator obviously decides the rules.

For Classic, we should decide whether or not it's going to always have the same unwavering ruleset and then we should create a clear list of those rules now, since, as proven by the facts above, Classic rulesets change.

However, if the intention is to have the game always be played the same way, then sorry; playing styles change over time. You might want rule changes to keep it closer to the original, in which case you need to forget the unwavering ruleset thing, but you can't have a completely static unchanging way of playing the game and I for one like that. Since the one thing you can't keep static forever is the players.

I'll drag up an example, Starcraft: The rules haven't changed for some ten years. However, as time goes on, new strategies are still taking place in the progaming field and evolving. Terran mechanized builds against Zerg? Deep Six? The game is still the exact same, but it's not played at all in the same way as before.

Lex-Kat
2010-04-24, 12:21 PM
First, I'm sorry I didn't look through the past WW Central threads. I realized that I should have, during my sleep. Yes, I'm saying I dreamt that I missed some vital information in Central. :smalltongue:

Second, Zar Peter says in his OP that he talked to DM77 about autolynching. So ZP didn't just pull the number out of nowhere. He discussed it with the originator before even starting the game.

Thrid, if the rules for Classic are set in stone, then they should be included in the OP of every Classic game. I believe that we need to make sure that it is included in one of the first page posts for Central.

Shadow, I never disputed that the 25% rule existed. :smallsmile: I remember you brought it up once before, and I liked it enough I started using it in all the games I run. The 50% rule though won't work for me. Mostly because I don't count the votes until I end the day. But that's just me.

That DM77 is the master of Classic Werewolf was lost, not because we decided he was no longer worthy, but because a lot of us don't even know who he is (He's the first one to have a Successful Werewolf game in GitP), and it's not continuously retold to new people who join the Classic games.

He was lost to us, as was Joosbawx, Death, your Friend the Reaper, Lucky, Exachix, and many others. When I came in, Freshmeat was gone. So I missed out on his awesomeness until he recently returned. Shadow was still around, but he soon disappeared. So there are some here who don't know how great he is, or to be scared of him.

The point is, just because a few older players "know" the rules, it doesn't spread down to the newer players. To assume it does, doesn't make any sense.

So for the last 4 Classic games, it was a minimum of 2 day auto-lynch. It does make sense that most of the players who have been playing since the 7th game will believe they don't need to read the OP, because they know the rules.

But not many know of the 25% rule. And it became a variant. A rule that didn't have to be used. The auto-lynch rule should never be assumed. It should be clearly stated, and, if it changes from the previous game, made clear.

The one day no post auto-lynch has not been seen by me, and I've been playing since September 30th, 2008. That's a long time for people to forget if there was ever a rule like that. In my memory, if you didn't VOTE, it counted against you, as far as auto-lynching goes.

Personally, I like the idea of people at least posting once per day. They don't need to vote. This way those who don't wish to, don't have to make a choice. But this is only good, if you also have the 25% rule. Without a 25% majority, there is no consequence for everyone placing a No Lynch, or non-voting post.

As for the 25%/50% rule, Helgraf's Scry, Auto-lynch rules, and the new no PMs rule..... I ask that we wait for the end of the current Classic game to vote on them.

Thufir
2010-04-24, 02:55 PM
It's been removed since Shadow gave up the reins on the Central thread, but it used to also be written in stone that Classic is DM77's game so long as he's around to run it. This iteration of the game always has been his game. Some folks decided that since Uncle Sam sent him to a big scary desert for a while that he should lose that claim, I suppose. I, for one, feel we should honor the legacy.

I should point out that when I revised the OPs, I was unaware of why DM77 wasn't around, I just knew he'd gone, and I therefore had no way of knowing if he'd ever come back. I can add in something to that effect now he's back, I suppose.
Something like, "Classic is intended to be the basic no-frills WW originally brought to the Playground by DungeonMaster77 - as such he has rights to it so long as he is here. If he's not here, ask here in Central if you want to run an iteration."

On the rules debate, I think the pertinent points have been made, and it's just up to DM77 to decide what he wants to do.
Whatever he decides though, I do agree that the rules should be posted in the OP of each Classic thread. Or if people want them specifically stuck in the Central OPs, they should be linked from the Classic OP.

Alarra
2010-04-24, 06:12 PM
The one day no post auto-lynch has not been seen by me, and I've been playing since September 30th, 2008. That's a long time for people to forget if there was ever a rule like that. In my memory, if you didn't VOTE, it counted against you, as far as auto-lynching goes.
I don't recall ever seeing a one day no post auto lynch rule either, and I've been playing since the beginning.

Reinholdt
2010-04-24, 10:10 PM
Playground Squares: WW Edition has ended with a villager win.

hap_hazard
2010-04-25, 01:14 AM
Hot Potato II has ended. The corrupt win.

Trixie
2010-04-25, 03:28 PM
Wasn't that the one canceled bacause lack of interest? :smallconfused:

That would be the one, my henchcat. I think :smalltongue:

Playground Squares: WW Edition has ended with a villager win.

Because they listened to me :P

Hot Potato II has ended. The corrupt win.

And Team Pure lost because they didn't listen when they had the chance :P

Shadow
2010-04-25, 06:24 PM
Suddenly I can't post in WWClassic anymore.
It's telling me that I don't have permission to post on the server. :smallconfused:

happyturtle
2010-04-25, 06:37 PM
The 500 error? I get that sometimes, but it usually clears up in a few minutes. No idea what causes it.

Fortuna
2010-04-25, 11:09 PM
Thufir, your table is out of date. It doesn't list Cults as Recruiting yet.

Just sayin'

banjo1985
2010-04-26, 04:16 AM
Trust me to run the biggest departure from the standard rules of Classic. :smalltongue:

Apologies for that. I was of the view at that point that the roles stayed the same, but the number of days for autolynch and length of phases were up to the narrator. As for Helgrafs Scry Interference...that just kind of slipped in there. :smalleek: On the upside, I'm not going to be in a position to run a game for the forseeable future, so it won't happen again!

Zar Peter
2010-04-26, 07:35 AM
Second, Zar Peter says in his OP that he talked to DM77 about autolynching. So ZP didn't just pull the number out of nowhere. He discussed it with the originator before even starting the game.

Wanted to answer to that:

In Classic 4 there was no autolynch rule and there happened to be player who didn't vote for 7 days and were still alive. I was a wolf then and PMed a lot to DM77 why there are no autolynches and he said there are none in Classic because everyone is supposed to play. While this should be the norm sadly there are some people who don't think that way.

So I decided to take the 4 day autolynch when I first narrated Classic. This turned out to be a bit too long and from my experience 2 days (with exceptions, say holidays) are the best I have seen so far. So for me the roles of Classic never change while the rules around voting, PMing, autolynch and other stuff are in a flow whatever works best. So Banjo, your game was surly a Classic game since you played it with the Classic roles.

Lex-Kat
2010-04-26, 10:01 AM
Sorry. I wasn't trying to criticize Zar's or Banjo's games. I was pointing out that while the basic roles remain the same, the narrators have changed some of the other rules. Autolynching, Scry Interference, PM rules, and 25%/50% rules have all been used or not, depending on the narrator.

B-Man
2010-04-26, 10:31 AM
RE: Autolynching and the 25% vote rules:

I know that Lucky and I introduced autolynching in WWC:II (Part I) and I think we may've pioneered the 25% rule in WWC:II before my disgruntled leaving of the game. I think at the time we were getting annoyed with having to lynch someone with only 3-5 votes of 20 (later in the game). We had the autolynch set at 2-in game days:

((What are the rules on not-voting, again?))((Death.

Er... After 2 "days," so about 5 real days, of not voting, you are lynch along with the person who has the most votes. We will be enforcing it this time around if you don't notify us ahead of time that you will be away, like Alarra did.))

EDIT: We'd've been using the 2-day auto-lynch system since the beginning of our start of the Classic version of Werewolf, which makes me think that we adopted it from WW:III or WW:IV.

((How often do we have to vote? Is it every day or every two days?))
We are going to be following the two-day auto-lynch system. If you do not vote for two consectutive days, the NPCs, who thought they trusted you, will kill you for remaining silent. That goes for every role.

Zar Peter
2010-04-26, 11:01 AM
Sorry. I wasn't trying to criticize Zar's or Banjo's games. I was pointing out that while the basic roles remain the same, the narrators have changed some of the other rules. Autolynching, Scry Interference, PM rules, and 25%/50% rules have all been used or not, depending on the narrator.

I didn't think you criticized Banjo or me, I just wanted to clarify the discussion I had with DM77.

And thanks for the explanation, B-Man

lostlittlebear
2010-04-26, 11:28 AM
Camelot WW I is open for recruitment!!!!

(As soon as the moderates approve the thread)

If y'all have any questions/suggestions about the rules, we can discuss it here or in the recruitment thread. We have two weeks, which is plenty of time.

happyturtle
2010-04-26, 11:42 AM
To change the topic to ways of rebalancing the game:

I'd be interested in seeing some different variations of the "No PMs" rule. Perhaps PMs only during the night phase, when the masons could have their secret meetings and the wolves can hunt unseen. Or one PM per player per day/night phase, to represent someone getting a quick moment to say something quietly to another person in the village.

Also, I'd like the seer to be just a good/evil seer and the devil get only seer/non-seer/wolf, rather than knowing exact roles. This would nerf the seer role, make it harder for them to gain trust, and make it harder for them to know if they're the fool or the seer.

Opinions?

Trixie
2010-04-26, 12:02 PM
I did that once or twice, and it never changed matters much.

Of course, people here supposedly hated that game, so I might be wrong :smallamused:

Mordokai
2010-04-26, 12:09 PM
I'd be interested in seeing some different variations of the "No PMs" rule. Perhaps PMs only during the night phase, when the masons could have their secret meetings and the wolves can hunt unseen. Or one PM per player per day/night phase, to represent someone getting a quick moment to say something quietly to another person in the village.

The way we have it in current Classic seems fine to me.

Also, I'd like the seer to be just a good/evil seer and the devil get only seer/non-seer/wolf, rather than knowing exact roles. This would nerf the seer role, make it harder for them to gain trust, and make it harder for them to know if they're the fool or the seer.

This one, on the other hand, sounds interesting to me and would be quite happy to see in the play.

Elder Tsofu
2010-04-26, 12:15 PM
Why not just change it to thumbs up and thumbs down?
Don't have to tell what is what if you want some confusion... :smallsmile:

Skippy
2010-04-26, 12:16 PM
To change the topic to ways of rebalancing the game:

Opinions?

Well, since it's opinions you want, I'd like to say that IMHO the "no PM rule" makes total sense and makes this game what it's meant to be: A game of analysis, mistrust and paranoia. I've seen games in other forums where the rules are really clear: No PMs, no AIM or any other form of comunication, outside of the thread, no editing your posts and no lynch until a 50% majority is reached, and roleclaiming leads (sometimes) to GM-kill. The games can be longer, but they depend entirely on the players using logic to win. If you ask me, those games are intense and they make more sense than just "lemming lynches" as Shadow put it. I'm all for it and I sure hope this won't be the last time we see a game like this.

happyturtle
2010-04-26, 12:46 PM
Right now, wolves and masons can PM all they want. A restriction to night phase only PMs would give them less ability to manipulate bandwagons. In a live game, wolves certainly can't communicate during a day phase without risk of being spotted.

I'm all in favor of the current version being tried. I just want to see other variations too. It's fine for there to be a series where the rules are consistent, but I much prefer for the various games on the schedule from week to week have more substantial differences than giving the seer and baner themed names.

I was hoping to get a bit of discussion going about alternatives, rather than just automatic defense of the no PM rule. Can we agree that unless DM77 says otherwise, that's going to be the new default in Classic and instead talk about non-Classic games and variations? Classic isn't the only game on the schedule, you know. :smalltongue:

Murska
2010-04-26, 12:48 PM
My two cents: The game is meant to be fun. That's all.

EDIT:

Oh, and would anyone be interested in a heavily RP-oriented hidden-roles/abilities unconventional game with a last-man-standing mentality and the possibility for freeform actions to affect the game at the narrators' discretion?

I call it The Island. It's inspired by the movie Battle Royale.

Lex-Kat
2010-04-26, 01:30 PM
The only problem I have with PMs during the game, is that certain people are able to gain information they otherwise wouldn't have.

Now, considering that we are on the internet, this is a viable strategy. It's not our fault if some people like being led along.

Some of us do argue. WWC XI is a good case in point. Eldritch Knight is claiming Seer. Now, if we were all lemmings, like Shadow is claiming, then we would just jump on the bandwagon against Shadow, no argument.

But there is discussion. Some want to lynch Shadow, because, let's be honest, if he is a wolf, he's very dangerous.

Some want to lynch Eldritch Knight, because they feel he might be trying to lead people to lynch Shadow too soon. As I said in the thread, if he'd chosen certain other players, I doubt there'd be this kind of uproar.

And then there is the Irbis bandwagon. Following Llama-Logic. Nothing against Atreyu, for he is my Playground Squares master, but everytime I see Llama-logic in a game, I rarely take it seriously.

If you wish to talk about sheep, look no further than those who jumped on that wagon.

Mordokai
2010-04-26, 01:33 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3119/2536783918_82669b7848.jpg

Baaaaaaa!

Lex-Kat
2010-04-26, 01:36 PM
*Pets the sheep* So warm and fuzzy. :smallwink:

I just watched that movie not two weeks ago. That was great. :smallbiggrin: I might be willing to play.

Didn't like the sequal though. :smallyuk:

Elder Tsofu
2010-04-26, 01:46 PM
Battle royale on an island?
Certainly interested, so tell us more. :smallamused:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2010-04-26, 02:01 PM
My two cents: The game is meant to be fun. That's all.

EDIT:

Oh, and would anyone be interested in a heavily RP-oriented hidden-roles/abilities unconventional game with a last-man-standing mentality and the possibility for freeform actions to affect the game at the narrators' discretion?

I'm intrigued!

And then there is the Irbis bandwagon. Following Llama-Logic. Nothing against Atreyu, for he is my Playground Squares master, but everytime I see Llama-logic in a game, I rarely take it seriously.

If you wish to talk about sheep, look no further than those who jumped on that wagon.

No offense taken, I'm well known for providing some of the best of the worst logic out there. Its not my fault being the wrongest and charismatic, I don't even exercise.

Mordokai
2010-04-26, 02:02 PM
*pokes llama*

It shows... fatty :smalltongue:

*hides*

Istari
2010-04-26, 02:35 PM

Actually I think a large part of the Irbis bandwagon is made up of people who don't want to lynch Shadow or EK, because lynching either is too risky, but yes the initial people on were definitely sheep

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:UoVk-lc3Tq0u5M:http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/10284871/2/istockphoto_10284871-cute-sheep-lamb.jpg

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2010-04-26, 02:37 PM
*chases Mordokai*

Get back here!

(I suppose in order to keep things official. Sign-ups for Pirates V will end sometime tonight in about 5 to 8 hours. The new thread will be written up tonight and released hopefully before tomorrow.)

(Also, since the potential inconsistancy of "Serious about our game" and "laidback about our game" may possibly be brought up, I will explain that the narrators of Pirates are very laid back about our game, in that we want it to be a fun experience with lots of laughs and little stress. We are however, quite dedicated to making sure the updates are on time, give or take a few hours, and that every player receives an interesting and hopefully humorous death, except for those lucky folks who don't die.)

Mordokai
2010-04-26, 02:56 PM
*puts a hole on llama's way*
*watches the llama plumet*

Ok, I'm gonna enjoy seeing Atreyu climb his way out of this one :smallbiggrin:

Freshmeat
2010-04-26, 02:58 PM
If you ask me, the "no PM rule" has its pros and cons. I don't consider it to be the end-all, be-all solution to bandwagon-games, but since most people seem to like it and they're all playing to enjoy the game, I suppose it's a good thing for the game. However, I do feel that limiting all PM conversations is quite excessive, and I quite disagree that games which allow PM's lack strategy. In fact, I'd say they require far more strategy since banning PM's restricts your options considerably.

I had a rather long-winded post all typed up here mentioning the advantages and disadvantages, but I'll summarize so it at least has a semblance of being brief:

1. Most games we've had here have been about subverting the informed minority vs. uninformed majority by turning it into an informed minority (wolves) vs. informed minority (networked villager power roles/scries people) + [a bunch of people who we just want to vote for the people we call out as evil and who we'd prefer keep quiet as any unapproved action they'd take can only do more harm than good]. While there have been very few complains about this (up until now), fixing this so people in the last category feel more involved only makes sense.

2. Restricting PM's means all discussions are out in the open, arguably sacrificing the private strategy of a few for the public enjoyment of the many. Your mileage may vary here, obviously.

3. As a personal note, I'd hate to lose out on such plays as tricking the masons into giving you the mason list by pretending to be the seer, getting the voider to void the baner so that the sniper can shoot him and then blaming an entirely different party for the fiasco altogether, tricking people into confessing they're wolves and so on and so forth. So many interesting plays now can no longer be done with any reliability since you can no longer even talk to people in private, which feels like overkill. I think that some of the initial controversy is precisely because it's akin to putting Othello, Desdemona, Cassio, Roderigo, Emilia and Iago in one room and still expecting Iago to manipulate all of them and pitting them against eachother without any of them actually being aware of it. If you can't whisper lies into someone's ear but actually have to shout them out in public... you'll get a lot less lies. The same principle holds true for strategy, in my opinion. Most of them just hinge on some people (most notably the wolves) not knowing what you're planning.

4. Roles are affected too, in both good and bad ways. :

Seer: nerfed into oblivion. Arguably acceptable since most classic games turn into a find-and-kill-the-seer-or-lose-after-X-days for the wolves anyway if the seer can assemble his own private army of scried villagers. Any change (not just the 'no PM' rule) which nerfs the seer in WWC gets a thumbs up from me.
Fool: without PM's or a network, causing scry interference/scry immunity without harming your own seer is now pretty much impossible to pull off (admittedly, a minor change).
Baner: without PM's or a network, baners will probably feel even more compelled now to just bane themselves. Yes, it works, and it works extremely well, but last I checked most people disliked this kind of play and find the nerfed-for-increased-fun careless baner better and far less (potentially) game-breaking.
Masons: largely unchanged, although now they might actually have to do some effort to make sure some of their own don't get lynched, and exposing a mason is worse than before because the seer is less of a priority target (all of which I consider good changes)

That's just my two cents.

Thufir
2010-04-26, 04:01 PM
Baaaaaaa!

I believe I made this point in Classic IX:

Because this game has more sheep than wolves? :smallsigh:

On the current discussion, I think there are good points to playing with PMs allowed and without. I like both ways (And this is speaking as someone who never hardly ever resorts to PMing people).

banjo1985
2010-04-27, 03:34 AM
Meh, I don't really PM people anyway, and don't often receive any in return. The no PM game is an interesting concept, though impossible to police if someone wants to win enough to cheat. I'm not sure a decision can be made on it until a couple of games have been played using the rule, see how it effects them. I don't think I'd use it in any future games I'd run, but I can see the merit of the concept, at least as a trial.

Also, if RedScholarGypsy doesn't want my spot then just remove my game from the schedule. I may have time to run something towards the end of summer, but it'll more than likely be Fatbelly V.

RedScholarGypsy
2010-04-27, 05:45 AM
Also, if RedScholarGypsy doesn't want my spot then just remove my game from the schedule. I may have time to run something towards the end of summer, but it'll more than likely be Fatbelly V.

MINE!:smallbiggrin: Thanks Banjo.

rakkoon
2010-04-27, 09:15 AM
I'm about to crash four servers and 'll be on a course for the next two days (if the servers survive) with busy evenings, will try and have a peep at my games so I don't get autolynched but no promises :smallsmile:

Murska
2010-04-27, 11:59 AM
To release some further details...

I've been thinking that communication in the game be restricted.

The rules would be as such: There's one reasonably safe area on the Island everyone gets the coordinates to at the beginning of the game. This is represented by the thread. Posting in the thread is allowed only when you're at said safe area, the Camp.

Whenever two or more players happen to be at the same part of the Island, a Zone, or have powers or items allowing them to do so, they can PM with each other.

Is this too complex/restrictive? Opinions?

Elder Tsofu
2010-04-27, 12:10 PM
So, you essentially chose an zone to be in, and everyone else know which you are in - or do they get a pm from the narrator saying who are in the same zone?
No lynching I expect, or do the people in the safe area vote one of themselves to death - making the safe area a bit more unsafe?

The rules don't seem overly complex - relies on the honour system a bit. (but then again, who would want to play/cooperate with a cheater?)

Now I fully expect lots of zones with different properties and strange connections. :smallbiggrin:
Maybe even possible to do some actual exploring. :smallwink:

Murska
2010-04-27, 12:16 PM
Everyone starts in a random Zone and with the rest of the Island unexplored, except for the coordinates to the Camp.

People at the Camp will, at some point, have to start lynching each other, yes. It's somewhat safer from any kills, but it's also widely known to everyone and, well, lynches are deadly...

And yeah, people who meet at the same Zone get told they see each other. Unless one of them manages to hide or there happens to be a storm or some other circumstances.

Elder Tsofu
2010-04-27, 12:28 PM
Does the people in the safe zone get called out to everyone, or can they hide from others in the less safe zones by not posting in the thread?

Murska
2010-04-27, 12:36 PM
People in Camp are listed in the thread. But almost everyone has to visit it from time to time to get food.

Elder Tsofu
2010-04-27, 01:28 PM
Hm, well that hinder people from hiding in a cave all game.
No foraging? Possible with risk of intoxication? (except for those with special knowledge of the local flora/fauna?)

This is beginning to feel like an interesting, more free variant of World Espionage.
Cooperation with risks as only one will win.
Controlled chaos where you won't know what hit you, so you'd better hit first.
... :smallbiggrin:

Murska
2010-04-27, 02:12 PM
There are a few other food sources... for those who can find them. And live through the experience.

Istari
2010-04-27, 03:10 PM
I'm thinking about running a small game(no more then 15) sometime later with no pms and just the seer powerole, sort of a even more basic WW, fairly close to Real Life games. What do you guys think?

Trixie
2010-04-27, 04:16 PM
This is beginning to feel like an interesting, more free variant of World Espionage.
Cooperation with risks as only one will win.
Controlled chaos where you won't know what hit you, so you'd better hit first.
... :smallbiggrin:

Thieves. :smallyuk:

Fawkes
2010-04-27, 08:16 PM
To release some further details...

I've been thinking that communication in the game be restricted.

The rules would be as such: There's one reasonably safe area on the Island everyone gets the coordinates to at the beginning of the game. This is represented by the thread. Posting in the thread is allowed only when you're at said safe area, the Camp.

Whenever two or more players happen to be at the same part of the Island, a Zone, or have powers or items allowing them to do so, they can PM with each other.

Is this too complex/restrictive? Opinions?

Sounds excessively complicated.

In. :smallbiggrin:

Shadow
2010-04-27, 08:37 PM
They made that into a movie? :confused: The book was fantastic.
It sounds interesting, but I can't say just how interesting without seeing all of it fleshed out a bit more.

Fawkes
2010-04-27, 08:43 PM
They made that into a movie? :confused: The book was fantastic.
It sounds interesting, but I can't say just how interesting without seeing all of it fleshed out a bit more.

Battle Royale? Yeah, it was made in Japan in 2001. It's never had an official American release, but English DVDs are available.

Elder Tsofu
2010-04-27, 11:33 PM
Thief. :smallyuk:

Corrected that for you Trixie. :smallwink:

lostlittlebear
2010-04-28, 07:47 AM
Ooh ooh! Battle Royale! Count me interested :smallbiggrin:

I want to get the device that kills people by activating their collars - although I must say my playing strength WW is mostly restricted to going "baa" and following the nearest bandwagon.

Murska
2010-04-28, 08:16 AM
I'm afraid those devices are reserved for the Observers. (Narrators)

However, who knows, you might get lucky with your item.

EDIT: To add yet more information about the game:

Those "recruited" into the game are the Players. Every player wakes up on the Island with an item. The Island is divided into twenty-five different zones, and each player awakens on his own zone.(to prevent spawnkill) Each player is also given the directions for the fastest route to the Camp zone, in the middle of the Island. However, everything else on the Island remains unexplored.

Players can also have special roles, with different skillsets, abilities and/or goals.

Every player is given a playerlist in the format of
Player 1
Player 2
Player 3 ...etc.

Once a player meets another player, his name gets revealed on the list:
Player 1
Murska
Player 3

There are two phases at first, Day and Night. In the Day you can use an item, search an unsearched Zone, try to find a player(random movement 1-3 Zones closer to him) or use a freeform action. To perform an action at a known Zone, you will have to be at that Zone. Thus, if you end the Day in, say, Zone 3, you cannot use the Night action to 'Sleep at Camp' since it takes you a night action to move from Zone 3 to Camp.
In the Night you can use an item, attempt to kill someone you’re in the same Zone as, use a freeform action, search an unknown Zone or sleep. If you don’t sleep often enough, your actions will start failing.

Once enough players arrive at the Camp for the first time, a third phase is added, the Evening. In the Evening, everyone playing(even those not in the Camp) points at the Camp thread in red at another player. Fluff-wise, this is sending a message to the Observers who put it up in the thread, but to prevent PM-spammage from getting even worse than it already will be, everyone's voting posts will have to be just 'I vote for *PLAYERNAME* or similar, with no roleplay or OOC talk about the game added to that post. This is to prevent people who are not in the Camp from participating in the Camp discussion.

If the lynched player is in the Camp, s/he dies, unless s/he is alone there.

If you don’t use Food at least once per two day/night phases, your actions will start to fail. Everyone starts with one Food and there’s a supply at the Camp. You can only carry one Food at once, so you'll have to periodically return to a supply to get some more.

Freeform actions: You can, according to what you find out about the island, send actions to the narrators about plans you might want to do. These will take time, and the narrators will gauge the success. Overall, unless you do something useful, you might just be wasting your time.

Players can only explore zones that are adjacent to known zones, but they can, in a single movement action, pass through any number of known zones to get to their destination.

It sounds kinda complex. Do people think there'd be enough interested people who'd actually keep track of the game and highly preferably roleplay?

Fin
2010-04-28, 11:45 AM
How many players you want for this Murska? Also, if somehow I miss the sign up to this game I will literally kill everybody... You have been warned!

Murska
2010-04-28, 11:54 AM
Maximum of twenty.

Lex-Kat
2010-04-28, 11:59 AM
Will you be typing in Japanese, with English subtitles, for this game? :smallamused: I hope so. It'll make it more authentic.

Murska
2010-04-28, 12:02 PM
I'm afraid I don't know enough Japanese to do that. I've been meaning to learn but so busy lately... :smallfrown:

Elder Tsofu
2010-04-28, 12:23 PM
Well, you know that you've already got enough interested players to fill between 10-40% of those spots. :smallbiggrin:

About the exploring, when you arrive in a new zone - does the narrator send what directions are possible to explore next day? (mazimum 3 if square zones are used)
Or will it be something like:
Action: I want explore the zone south of me.
Reply: You found that your zone is adjacent to the sea. There is also a small canoe dragged up on the shore.

Murska
2010-04-28, 12:27 PM
I think I'll just tell all players which unexplored zones they can explore. If needed, I can also tell them which zone they're next to, but the zones are irregularly shaped anyway and I don't feel like creating dozens upon dozens of maps to send out to everyone all the time, so if the players need a map, they'll have to figure one out themselves based on the directions given.

Elder Tsofu
2010-04-28, 12:33 PM
Fair enough. :smallsmile:
I suppose there might be a future in trading fairly accurate maps by pm - hehe.

Will there be some restriction on how "boring" you can be?
If you're to pacifistic that is - will the little necklace go off?

Murska
2010-04-28, 12:39 PM
Depending on what you do, the Observers might get mad. But being pacifistic is no problem... there'll be some things to ensure at least a nominal amount of bloodshed and besides, the movie has timelimits and danger zones that I can bring back if necessary.

Elder Tsofu
2010-04-28, 12:47 PM
Freeform actions sound quite fun, can they be cooperative or will you have to do them solo?

Is there is no way of defending yourself at night - or do you have to attack for that?

Oh, and will there be incitement for role-play or do you count on people to do it by themselves?

Murska
2010-04-28, 12:52 PM
Roleplay makes it more likely I'll decide on your favour when pulling the results to actions out of my behind.

Defending yourself at night... If you're awake, you'll obviously have high chances of beating anyone who doesn't happen a weapon, if you're sleeping and happen to get caught by someone with, say, a knife... bad luck, I suppose.

Freeform actions are, as said, freeform. They're most likely to be a waste of your time if you don't think them over carefully, but you can feel free to plot and scheme with your fellow players as to what you're going to do and then attempt to do it, whatever it may be.

Elder Tsofu
2010-04-28, 01:01 PM
Well, if this game starts and I happen to get a spot - I'm sure I'll be dead by night 2. :smalltongue:

And the RP will have to be in the pm's hasn't it, if you're not in camp and can use the thread?

Murska
2010-04-28, 01:08 PM
Pretty much, yeah. PMs to each other and to me and I sort of expect the Camp to be used pretty often. Not only do people have to visit it, but cooperation is also usually the best way to win. Otherwise whoever happens to get a good weapon can easily pick off everyone else, no?

I'm still wondering about some techical details, though. The large amount of PMs is one, though I'm on so often it shouldn't be impossible to keep up, but then there's the whole Camp-only thread thing and a bunch of smaller things that I won't be revealing to the players.

Maybe I'll have the recruitment thread to be used for things such as character backstory and whatever. Assuming we go by the movie, you'll pretty much all know each other from behind, so you could have unrelated-to-game flashbacks or other IC cool stuff there, as long as there's no game-related things. Of course, this is just if someone wants something like that, but I'd like the players to play like they're a character on the Island instead of playing it as an outside observer controlling a character in a game, like most WWs tend to do.

lostlittlebear
2010-04-29, 06:09 AM
Epic, it sounds like a WW-esque competitive RPG. I like :smallbiggrin:

In fact, I'm going to go dust off some of my old d20 Modern characters I never got to use much.

Wizibirb
2010-04-29, 01:05 PM
Trixie please make room in your in box.

Shadow
2010-04-29, 01:59 PM
Trixie please make room in your in box.

I'm changing my point to Sanity.
There's only two reasons that this would need to happen on day 1, and I'm willing to take that risk.
:biggrin:

Wizibirb
2010-04-29, 02:29 PM
Facepalm
1d4

Lex-Kat
2010-04-29, 07:16 PM
We currently have 17 players in Camelot WW (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8397365#post8397365).

If anyone else would like to join, you would make me a very happy pixie. :smallsmile:

Oriole
2010-04-30, 04:42 AM
I have a question. Is it required to roleplay in WW games?

Murska
2010-04-30, 04:52 AM
No, it's not.

Oriole
2010-04-30, 05:11 AM
Thank you :smallsmile:

lostlittlebear
2010-05-02, 01:28 AM
-insert shameless plug for Camelot WW (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150463) here-

One more week left for recruitment people! C'mon where are all those people who said they enjoyed last game? :smallbiggrin:

Deathslayer7
2010-05-03, 09:35 AM
if it starts after May 6th/7th than sign me up LLB.

and for those people whose game I am a part of. I might or might not point. Depends on how busy i am got finals.

Lex-Kat
2010-05-03, 12:03 PM
You're signed up, DS7.

Andre Fairchilde
2010-05-03, 10:54 PM
Hey -
I've been living a life mostly afk, so haven't really been following Classic or LLD.

I wanted both to be past the half-way point when I started recruiting, is it time to set up a start date for Mafia?

AF ~

happyturtle
2010-05-03, 11:08 PM
Classic is only on night 2, thanks to a week long day phase. LLD is past halfway, I think.

RedScholarGypsy
2010-05-03, 11:09 PM
Well, since Classic had a week-long day, I'd say you have a while to wait Andre.:smallfrown:

Trixie
2010-05-04, 02:39 AM
Week long day? We have week long nights, too~! :smallyuk:

Andre Fairchilde
2010-05-04, 07:03 AM
Hmm. If LLD is over half done, I'd say a start date in three weeks (from this Friday, CST) is probably ok. Mafia will begin in the beginning of June.

Am I interfereing with anyone if a recruiting thread to goes up this week?

Thufir
2010-05-04, 06:49 PM
Feel free. I'll put it down as starting June 1.
I take it this means you're not doing Monster Mash III?

Andre Fairchilde
2010-05-04, 07:35 PM
Um, oh yeah!

I can do both! Unless you want one before the other.

I live to serve.

EDIT *** Announcing Monster Mash III sign-up. 21 players.

Do you want in in SMBGs?

Wizibirb
2010-05-05, 01:38 PM
Paging trixie to once again clean out your inbox

Andre Fairchilde
2010-05-05, 05:29 PM
Monster Mash III SMBG, is awaiting the Moddess's approval. :smallsmile:

Lex-Kat
2010-05-05, 05:54 PM
Sanity, I don't know which team you and Trixie are on, in which game you are both playing and still alive, but you might wish to stop posting here that you need to PM her.

Once one of you dies and reveals your role, the other is soon to follow.

If you are trying to get ahold of her, and her PM box is full, send it to the others and wait for her to PM you guys, letting you know she's able to recieve once again.

Trixie, stop being lazy, and empty out the unnecessary PMs. :smallannoyed:

Trixie
2010-05-05, 06:07 PM
I would if I had any! :smallsigh:

And yes, the best way to PM me when my box is full would be to wait for an hour or two, as I always make space (eventually) :P

Or, if you have something really important, use "Email Trixie" option instead :E

happyturtle
2010-05-05, 06:08 PM
Trixie, you need this (http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=281925&start=45#p4650965). It helps a lot.

Trixie
2010-05-05, 06:10 PM
Let me point out that I do save my PMs. Often. That's why I can accept any at all! :P

And I also tried the method Supagoof gave me, however, it failed, as whoever set up this forum for Giant was a technical illiterate :/

Uncle Festy
2010-05-05, 09:16 PM
Announcing…
My May 25th game will be Ravnica II: Wolfpact (for reals this time)!
Yeah, I know, Kaos has been on a bit of a hiatus, but it'll be back, don't worry.
Rules will be posted here for review… eventually. Got them all in my head, just need to write them out and work out a few kinks.

Darkcomet
2010-05-05, 09:22 PM
...<.<

Ravnica II. Of all games...

Right after the school year ends for me.

I think I might come off my hiatus for this one...

Lex-Kat
2010-05-05, 09:24 PM
What are you talking about? Kaos hasn't been on hiatus. You just renamed it Magic: The Gathering. :smallamused: You tricked me into playing a Kaos game. :smalleek:

DungeonMaster77
2010-05-06, 12:09 PM
Yes, Classic ran into a snag when I did not have a co-Narrator and I was held up in Denver airport for awhile.

My bad, real life sucks sometimes!

Anyhow, here are the folks who either I haven't seen post or don't remember having posted since I began Classic XI:

Calamity
Castaras
cd4
Istari
Oddity
YimmytheSneak
Zombieninja

If your name is on here and should not, get a post up, even if you are refraining from voting, or correct me with the day when you DID post, and you will have my most humble apologies.

If you haven't posted, please do so, as I've been extremely lax in my auto-lynching candidates list, mostly due to my own lack of ability to post for a few days.

Thanks,

~DM77

happyturtle
2010-05-06, 02:50 PM
I posted this in the Classic thread, but other narrators might find it useful:

How to check up on autolynch candidates

Go to the structured games subforum page. Scroll down to your game. Look to the right where you see 'number of replies' (currently 460). That number is a link. Click on it, and you will get a list of all the people who have posted in the thread. If you think someone is at risk for autolynch, click their name on the list, and you'll get all their posts in the thread. Their most recent post will be at the top, so you can see what day phase that occurred in.

Andre Fairchilde
2010-05-06, 08:54 PM
Thanks Happy!

Zeb The Troll
2010-05-07, 12:10 AM
Happy, that's awesome. I wish I'd known about that when I was running games.

*wonders if he should run games again, again*

Griever
2010-05-07, 01:07 AM
Happy, that's awesome. I wish I'd known about that when I was running games.

*wonders if he should run games again, again*

*coughs* (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71734)

:smallamused:

Andre Fairchilde
2010-05-07, 06:37 AM
Again, Thanks Happy! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46FgUhbsJKc)

Trixie
2010-05-07, 06:05 PM
Whoever drew this, deserves to be shot. :P

Andre Fairchilde
2010-05-07, 10:42 PM
Sign up ends for Monster Mash III (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151450) in 24 hours. We have 20/21 players.

If that's all we get - that's almost perfect!

If we get a few more than 21, that's fine too.

lostlittlebear
2010-05-08, 04:44 AM
Any chance we have two more people interested in Camelot WW? We have 28 players currently and 30 would be a nice round number that would help this narrator with math when assigning roles.

-gives cute teddy-bear eyes-

Thanatos 51-50
2010-05-09, 07:14 AM
So - I'm not exactly sure how this works, but let's try to give it a shot.
I'm up for running SPYTRAP VI.
Mordokai has expressed that he is more than willing to pass unto me the reigns, and, having PM'd JX (It's his baby) nearly a month ago now to double-check permissions, he has not responded.
I'm going to take that as implied consent.

I would therefore, like to begin the process of recruiting/scheduling people for SPYCRAFT VI.
WW Central, let's talk turkey (The chickens are spies.)

Mordokai
2010-05-09, 07:58 AM
I believe JX has left playground all together, over some happening in LLD III. Somebody who's better informed than me might clarify this better. As such, I believe a claim on Spytrap hosting is up on the basis first come, first served.

I will, however, confirm that Thanatos asked me first and that I agreed on giving him the reins. So the first call is his. After that, you people can work it out on your own. I've had it with Spytrap hosting for some time.

As for my game that's supposed to be ran in a week or so... I'm honestly not sure I can do it. If anybody feels like grabbing a spot, go for it. And sorry for such a late note.

Andre Fairchilde
2010-05-09, 08:16 AM
Monster Mash III beginning now.

Wizibirb
2010-05-09, 11:56 AM
hmmmmm if may 17 is still open I would like to put a claim on it,

the game will be called

Battle for Alarra, it will be an mtg inspired game. I will have the rules up when I submit a thread

Trixie
2010-05-09, 12:13 PM
Um... does anyone want to help a bit with or has a sudden urge to co-narrate? :smallconfused:

Uncle Festy
2010-05-09, 12:32 PM

the game will be called

Battle for Alarra, it will be an mtg inspired game. I will have the rules up when I submit a thread

Wait, there's a fight for the SMBG mod? :smallconfused:

Oooooh, you mean the battle for ALARA. :smalltongue::smallwink:

Wizibirb
2010-05-09, 03:37 PM
Sigh yes we have all come to realize by now that my spelling is awful. :smallannoyed:
Thanks for pointing that out, Festy, at least I pay attention to what items my players have in the game I run :smallamused: :smalltongue:

anyways I was also wondering if someone would like to co-narrate MtG - Battle for ALARA.

Uncle Festy
2010-05-09, 03:49 PM
Sigh yes we have all come to realize by now that my spelling is awful. :smallannoyed:
Thanks for pointing that out, Festy, at least I pay attention to what items my players have in the game I run :smallamused: :smalltongue:

anyways I was also wondering if someone would like to co-narrate MtG - Battle for ALARA.

Oh hush I was writing up the scene at three in the morning, cut me some slack. :smallsigh::smalltongue:
Also… I would help, except I'm gonna need to deal with Ravnica.
Speaking of which, would anyone be up for co-narrating Ravnica with me?

happyturtle
2010-05-09, 04:03 PM
Wow, sure is a lot of demand for co-narrators.

*pointedly doesn't volunteer* :smalltongue:

Also, Alarra, I think Murska has a game thread in the moderation queue.

Wizibirb
2010-05-09, 04:25 PM
Oh hush I was writing up the scene at three in the morning, cut me some slack. :smallsigh::smalltongue:
Also… I would help, except I'm gonna need to deal with Ravnica.
Speaking of which, would anyone be up for co-narrating Ravnica with me?

I would except I have Battle for Alara :smalltongue:

Though i could be convinced to push it back to the next avaliable spot and help narrate

Uncle Festy
2010-05-09, 04:52 PM
I would except I have Battle for Alara :smalltongue:

Though i could be convinced to push it back to the next avaliable spot and help narrate

If you do that, I'd be glad to help you narrate BfA. :smallbiggrin:
Deal?

Thufir
2010-05-09, 05:20 PM

the game will be called

The Cyberwolf has been asking me via PM about a game he wants to run, so I offered him the May 17th slot. Sorry.

Wizibirb
2010-05-09, 05:46 PM
well, if that is the case then deal Festy, I will put it off until the next avaliable spot,

I will co-narrate with you Festy, ((Well If you want me to. I am a decent narrator or at least thats what I think. :smallsmile:))

Alarra
2010-05-09, 08:30 PM
Wait, there's a fight for the SMBG mod? :smallconfused:

Oooooh, you mean the battle for ALARA. :smalltongue::smallwink:

Awww, I was hoping for a game about me. :smallfrown:

Lex-Kat
2010-05-09, 09:44 PM
I'll co-narrate with you Trixie. I don't need to understand the game to do that, do I? :smallconfused:

Dallas-Dakota
2010-05-10, 02:38 AM
Awww, I was hoping for a game about me. :smallfrown:
*plots plots*

Because a game about Alarra would be pretty dang awesome.

Mordokai
2010-05-10, 09:26 AM
It's not up to me to speak for anybody, but I'm pretty sure we can change the status of Thursday Next, Blut and Boden and Reboot from Running to Cancelled. I haven't seen all three of narrators in ages even posting, much less doing anything for their games.

Thufir
2010-05-10, 09:39 AM
It's not up to me to speak for anybody, but I'm pretty sure we can change the status of Thursday Next, Blut and Boden and Reboot from Running to Cancelled. I haven't seen all three of narrators in ages even posting, much less doing anything for their games.

Yeah, I've been meaning to check on those... well, except Thursday Next, which basically finished, except the ending narration never got written. One of these days I may just announce a hostile takeover of the series and write it myself.

Wizibirb
2010-05-10, 05:10 PM
alright then after much consideration I wish to run

MtG - Battle for Alara on July 12 with Uncle Festy as the co narrator

Lex-Kat
2010-05-10, 07:16 PM
:smallfrown: I was enjoying Blut und Boden.

And where'd Hyozo go? :smallconfused:

The Cyberwolf
2010-05-11, 01:19 AM
*nudge* The Harry Potter WW's recruiting. I'm just waiting for Alarra to confirm it.

Zeb The Troll
2010-05-11, 01:58 AM
Today was a crazy hectic day for us. I'll see she gets to it in the morning.

Also, I'm going to go ahead and bite the bullet and ask for a date to run Rebellion V. Would anyone be willing to co-narrate with me? ((Normally I'd just ask Alarra to do it, but we've learned from experience that if one of us is unavailable, the other likely is too, so I'm looking for outside help.))

Alarra
2010-05-11, 08:32 AM
aww, but i really like narrating rebellion. :smallfrown: You are right though. And neither of us like writing death scenes. :smallsmile:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2010-05-11, 10:51 AM
aww, but i really like narrating rebellion. :smallfrown: You are right though. And neither of us like writing death scenes. :smallsmile:

But..but... I can write death scenes! I think my last few scenes have really improved!

Helgraf
2010-05-11, 12:56 PM
Well, I usually die early in rebellion. I suppose I could put my co-nar hat in the ring.

Castaras
2010-05-12, 05:35 PM
I would love to join the game that was the origin of the evil white zombie kitten. :smallbiggrin: Run it soon! :smalltongue:

Supagoof
2010-05-13, 11:04 AM
I would love to join the game that was the origin of the evil white zombie kitten. :smallbiggrin: Run it soon! :smalltongue:All hail the queen! :smallamused:

Shadow
2010-05-13, 02:00 PM
All hail the queen! :smallamused:

I'd bring back the inept undead undead hunter for that one. :smallsmile:
and no, that wasn't a typo for those newer players

Zeb The Troll
2010-05-13, 11:27 PM
I'll just need someone to give me a date that I can run it so that I can know when to put up the recruitment thread.

At that time I'll revisit the call for a co-narrator.

Supagoof
2010-05-14, 01:58 PM
So, this game is recruiting and looks promising. But it needs some players.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151996

C'mon. You know you got the 5 minutes every other day to play.

Andre Fairchilde
2010-05-15, 08:36 AM
"For every 1 werewolf there are 7 unreported Werewolves..."

Yup! Sounds about right!

Werewolf Prevention Guide part 1 of 4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBLz3GDfgQU&feature=player_embedded)

The Cyberwolf
2010-05-17, 10:42 AM
The Harry Potter WW's running. 15 players.

BishFish
2010-05-17, 05:16 PM
Percy Jackson WW is waiting for moderator confirmation.
also, the Bookworm can't co-narrate, so if anyone is interested, please tell me.

rakkoon
2010-05-19, 04:14 AM
Congrats to Trixie who won COA V !
Go sexy assassin!

Wizibirb
2010-05-19, 12:41 PM
Reverse WW II Villagers wrath, has ended with a win for team villager!

Looks at lex with pleading zombie eyes to archieve it.

Skippy
2010-05-19, 11:19 PM
I'd like to reserve the closest possible date for a small, complex werewolf game, similar to Classic, but with the following modifications to the rules:

-A limited and small number of players (limit: 10 people)
-Any comunication regarding the game made outside of the game thread is forbidden (except for the wolves and masons EXCLUSIVELY IN THE NIGHT PERIOD)
-There may or may not be a seer and/or a baner.
-Roleclaiming leads to instant death by GM.
-Days won't end until at least 75% of the votes are in, except if a 51% majority is reached. If so, the day is instantly over.
-There is no devil and no fool.

Thoughts? As said before, I'd like to do this game as soon as possible. Thanks a lot!

Thufir
2010-05-19, 11:28 PM
Limited to 10 players? You don't need to schedule it, you can just run it whenever you like.

Skippy
2010-05-19, 11:47 PM
Limited to 10 players? You don't need to schedule it, you can just run it whenever you like.

I guess I'll wait until Classic finishes, then. Just to keep this from clogging.

Zeb The Troll
2010-05-20, 01:05 AM
Hey, Thufir, I see that you updated the schedule recently but I didn't see Rebellion V slotted. I'd like the next available slot, please.

*Apologies if I'm doing this wrong. A lot has changed since I actually ran a game.*

Thufir
2010-05-20, 01:36 AM
Yeah, sorry about that. I usually make sure to put in new games as soon as I see the requests, but what with my exams at the moment I've been a bit distracted. It's added now.

Griever
2010-05-20, 02:07 AM
Yeah, sorry about that. I usually make sure to put in new games as soon as I see the requests, but what with my exams at the moment I've been a bit distracted. It's added now.

Excuses, excuses, :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-05-20, 03:25 AM
I'd like to reserve the closest possible date for a small, complex werewolf game, similar to Classic, but with the following modifications to the rules:

-A limited and small number of players (limit: 10 people)
-Any comunication regarding the game made outside of the game thread is forbidden (except for the wolves and masons EXCLUSIVELY IN THE NIGHT PERIOD)
-There may or may not be a seer and/or a baner.
-Roleclaiming leads to instant death by GM.
-Days won't end until at least 75% of the votes are in, except if a 51% majority is reached. If so, the day is instantly over.
-There is no devil and no fool.

Thoughts? As said before, I'd like to do this game as soon as possible. Thanks a lot!

Do you mean 51% of available votes? Or 51% of cast votes?

Skippy
2010-05-20, 08:53 AM
Do you mean 51% of available votes? Or 51% of cast votes?

Of the total of players. That means that if the first day (when there are 10 people alive) 6 guys band against one, that person would be lynched then, even if the remaining 4 haven't voted.

Irbis
2010-05-20, 09:02 AM
Um...

# Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
# Mordokai
# Robert Blackletter
# Sanity702
# YimmytheSneak
# Zombieninja

If you're one of those, you might want to check WWCIX game thread.

The Cyberwolf
2010-05-20, 12:28 PM
Uhh... Thufir? Harry Potter WW has only 14 players. Did have 15, but Gimli was lynched. Just pointing it out.

Thufir
2010-05-21, 05:42 AM
But it could've had more if more had signed up. The ** is just for games restricted to 20 players or less, so it's clear these people aren't flagrantly disregarding the general rule of one ganme a week

Lex-Kat
2010-05-22, 01:01 AM
Updated up to Nehh's Craziness WW. Also, added a link to the Original Mafia sign-Up thread, which was posted 3 months before DungeonMaster77's successful Werewolf game. I think it deserves at least an honorable mention.

Please look it over, as there is a small chance I missed something. The Island: In the Camp (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151790), narrated by Murska has been intentionally left out, until he confirms that it is a Werewolf style game.

And Percy Jackson (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152795) has begun recruitment.

--Games Archives--

--Single Run Games--

Abhorsen's WW (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146097)
Animaniacs (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101148)
Assassin in the Palace (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81847)
Baldur's Gate: Deeper Shadows of Amn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80483)
Basic 11 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77461)
Beast (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82286)
Black Iron Prison (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93061)
Blut und Boden (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143433)
Bounty Hunters (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126546)
Cat Fight (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97547)
Cults WW: Cult of Kroy vs. Cult of the Sight (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149864)
Custom WW I (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146764)
DBZ (It's Namek Time) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112632)
The Demons (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117751)
D & D Thieves Guild (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43845)
Final Fantasy 7 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112975)
Fun House! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96922)
Girl Genius (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75925)
Hair of the Werewolf (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115677)
Higurashi: When the Cicadas Cry (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4408364#post4408364)
Hunting of the Snark: Expedition to Snark Island (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135756)
Infection! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66201)
Infiltration (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51774)
Jack the Ripper (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107868)
Judge Dredd, Dark goings on in Rich Burlew block (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98854)
Kingdom Hearts (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7671330#post7671330)
Lord of the Rings: The Journey Begins (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100951)
Megaman X: Command Mission (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74942)
Mirrodin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95207&page=2)
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88363)
Nehh's Craziness WW (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147897)
Nexus of the Future I - Floating Dreams of Riches (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65256)
The One Artifact (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99881)
Ravnica: City of Wolves (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5282506#post5282506)
Rome (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127804)
ReBoot (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143019)
Schoolyard (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106980)
Sharn, the Broken City (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114862)
Shirts (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79634)
Sir Werewolf (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84538)
StarCraft: Shadow of the Xel'Naga (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79471)
Stargate: Lost in Space (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81439)
Star Wars itp (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127870)
Super Paper Werewolf! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110284)
Thursday Next: The Eyre Affair (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120678)
Warcraft: Reign of Chaos (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131866)
World of Darkness (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108237)

--Werewolf--
The Original: Werewolf (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7599&highlight=werewolf)
Werewolf II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7574&highlight=werewolf), Werwolf II, Part 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7505&highlight=werewolf), Werewolf II, Part 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7472&highlight=werewolf)
Werewolf III: A New Beginning (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26591&highlight=werewolf)
Werewolf IV (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28523&highlight=werewolf)
Werewolf V: Werewolf DnD (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31405&highlight=werewolf)
Werewolf VI: The Paladins Strike Back (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36097&highlight=werewolf)
Werewolf VII: Urban Lycanthropy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43447)
Werewolf VIII (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52898)
Werewolf IX: Hogwart's Havok (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56988)
Werewolf X-In The Midst Of A Battle (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4306192#post4306192)

--Werewolf Classic--
Werewolf Classic I (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28971&highlight=werewolf)
Werewolves Classic II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31010&highlight=classic), Werewolves II, take 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33078)
Werewolf Classic III (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38285&highlight=werewolf)
Werewolf Classic IV (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42787&highlight=werewolf)
Werewolf Classic V (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59055&)
Werewolf Classic VI: Rated PG-13 to R for violent descriptions of character Deaths (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69480)
Werewof Classic VII: The Village (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89481)
Werewolf Classic VIII - Archaeological Wolves (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97822)
Werewolf Classic IX (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115889)
Werewolf Classic X: Chilled Blood Becomes Spilled Blood (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140123)
Werewolf Classic XI: Origins (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149738)

--Werewolf Lite--
Werewolf Lite (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105092)
Simply Werewolf 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107850)
Simply Werewolf 3 - The things that shouldn't have been. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128060)

--Advent Children--
Final Fantasy Advent Children: The Return of Sephiroth (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62581)
Advent Children II – The Battle for Balamb Garden (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75626)
Final Fantasy Advent Children III - Burmecia or Bust (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4923990#post4923990)

--Alchemists--
Alchemists (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61524)
Alchemists II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69954)
Alchemists III (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113454)

--Alien Invasion--
Alien Invasion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40756&highlight=alien)
Alien Invasion II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49679)

--Assassins--
Assassins (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102711)
Assassins II: Revenge of the Princess (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110754)
Assassins III: Taking Back the Throne!! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121535)

--Baron Fatbelly--
I, II & III were not Werewolf style games.
Fatbelly 4 - Baron Banjo Brings Home the Bacon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83147)

--Batman--
Batman Mini-Game (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100752)
Batman: Arkham Asylum (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129209)

--Camelot--
Camelot WW 0.5 - Le Morte D'arthur (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143800)
Camelot WW 1: The Sword in the Stone (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150463)

--Camp Sleeps-A-Lot--
Camp Sleeps-A-Lot (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54082)
Camp Sleep S'More (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75002)

--Civilization--
Civilization (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106722)
Civilizations 2: Attack from Mars (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119002)

--Convoy--
Convoy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7599&highlight=werewolf)
Convoy II: The Return of Rubber Duck (http://faultylogic.comicgenesis.com/d/20080301.html)
Convoy III: Bears in the Air (http://faultylogic.comicgenesis.com/d/20071013.html)
Convoy IV: Twisted Metal (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136405)
Convoy V: Autobots, Role Out!! (http://faultylogic.comicgenesis.com/d/20080126.html)
Convoy VI: Convoy From Hell (http://faultylogic.comicgenesis.com/d/20080216.html)
Convoy VII: Interstating the Obvious (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92118)

--CYOR--
Five Player CYOR (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99005)
Five Player CYOR II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99662)

--Death Note--
Death Note (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85553)
Death Note 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102313)

--Dethy--
Dethy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76607)
Dethy II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80693)
Dethy III (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84285) (Lost Thread :smallfrown:)
Dethy IV (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87779)

--Discworld--
Dyscworlde WereWolfe: Dei In Machina (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69435)
Discworld II: The Glorious Republic of Treacle Mine Road (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132474)

--Empire--
Empire (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37338)
Empire II: Where No Man Has Gone Before (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46930)

--Fate/Stay Night--
Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Touch (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107846)
Fate/Stay Night II: Unlimited Blade Wolves (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123472)
Fate III/Final - HWWITGT! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136910)

--Fears--
The Fears of Pegasus Manor (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82034)
Fears 2: Nightfall (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99210)
Fears 3: Full Circle (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123775)

--Grave Robbers From Outer Space--
Grave Robbers from Outer Space (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5183986#post5183986)
Grave Robbers 2: Skippy's Revenge (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104192)

--Harry Potter--
Harry Potter Mini-Game (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85404)
Harry Potter Universe (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124161)
Harry Potter: The Battle against Voldemort (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151996)

--Hot Potatoes--
Hot Potatoes (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146357)
Hot Potato II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147498)

--Invasion of the Zombies--
Invasion of the Zombies (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57922&page=2)
Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115891)
Invasion of the Zombies: Day of the Dead (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137387)

--Journies on the TARDIS--
Journies on the TARDIS (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54715)
TARDIS II: Hunt for the Doctor (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63219)

--Llama, Llama, Duck--
Llama, Llama, Duck (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60779)
Llama, Llama, Duck 2- The Return of Insanity (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108332)
Llama, Llama, Duck 3- Orange Slayed the Rake (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147540)

--Mafia--
Original Mafia Sign-up (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8016) Actual game lost.
Mafia I: Night of the Criminals (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32900&highlight=mafia)
Mafia II: Mass Intrigue (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35380&highlight=mafia)
Mafia III: The Maltese Falcon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39711&highlight=mafia)
Mafia Episode IV: A New Hutt (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65129)
Mafia V: The Maltese Falcon Returns (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54512)(restarted as Mark II)
Mafia V: Mark II: The Return of the Narrator (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59665)
Mafia VI: Return of the Departed Emerald Dragon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71336)
Mafia VII: Revenge of the Blackhawks (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80219)
Mafia VIII (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92124)
Mafia IX: St. Valentines Massacre (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104108)
Mafia X (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123858)

--Magic the Gathering--
Magic the Gathering: Planeshock (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126824)
Magic the Gathering: Duel of Legends! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141755)

--Memesville--
Memesville (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96056)
Memesville II - Memes? In MY Structured? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122617)

--Monster Mash--
Monster Mash (Lost in SMBG :smallfrown:)
Monster Mash II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129940)
Monster Mash III (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151450)

--OotS--
OotS: Memories Erased (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65623)
OotS Werewolf (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120837)

--Paranoia--
Paranoia (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28992)
Paranoia mk II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31462)
Paranoia III (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114358)
Paranoia IV (Can't Find it. :smallconfused:)
Paranoia V (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129601)

--Phantom of the Opera--
Phantom of the Opera (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108679)
Phantom of the Opera II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118859)

--Pirates--
Pirates (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34364&highlight=Pirates)
Pirates II: Never Never Land Cruise (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39175&highlight=Pirates)
Pirates III: At Forum's End (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48924)
Pirates IV: Firefly Firefight! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87232)
Pirates V: Setting Sail! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150671)

--Playground Squares--
Playground Squares WW: Trial Version (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118422)
Playground Squares: The WW Edition (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144636)

--Rebellion--
Rebellion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37417)
Rebellion II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40492)
Rebellion III: Reign of the Zombies (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48182)
Rebellion IV: Death of the Lich King (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71734)

--Reverse Werewolf--
Reverse Werewolf (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142216)
Reverse Werewolf II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148697)

--Revolution--
Revolution (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38808&highlight=revolution)
Revolution Mk II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42983&highlight=revolution)
Revolution III: Interesting Times in Technotopia (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48906)
Revolution IV: The Second Party (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53615)

--Rockstar--
Rockstar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56216)
Rockstar II: The Rap Feud (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60471)
Rockstar III: And Bon Scott Did Looketh Down Upon Us and Command "Let There Be Rock" (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101794)

--S.E.U.--
S.E.U.: The Nightmare Begins... (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94331)
S.E.U. II: Ho Ho Horrors (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99693)
S.E.U. III: Dark Strains (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105470)
S.E.U. IV: The Terror (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116778)
SEU 5: A Mother's Arms (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126807)
S.E.U. VI: Twinkle Little Star (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127023)
S.E.U. VII: Sanity's Rest hospital (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139167)

--Smalltown--
Smalltown (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80871)
Smalltown 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85293)

--Spytrap--
Spytrap (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69805&page=3)
Spytrap II: Desert Wolves (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77437)
Spytrap III- Prisoners of War (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4626028#post4626028)
Spytrap IV: Operation Market Garden (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101913)

--Tales of Kyou--
Stories of Kyou: The Facestealer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84421)
Tales of Kyou II: The Darkness (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110778)

--The Thing!--
The Thing- Original (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70689)
The Thing (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141652)

--TITANS!--
TITANS! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4342860#post4342860)
T2: Judgement Day (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90494)
Titans 3! The Rise of Olympus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119756)

--Twin Village--
Twin Village (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85294)
Twin Village 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98018)

--Twist--
Twist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82641)
Twist II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94094)

--Ultimate ChKaos--
Ultimate Chaos (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84377)
Ultimate Kaos II: Attack of the Epileptic Koans! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91135)
Ultimate Kaos III: In Soviet Russia, Kaos Ultimates YOU! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102976)
Ultimate Kaos IV (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123237)

--Universal Smash Bros--
Universal Smash Bros. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75247)
Universal Smash Bros 2: Villain's Revenge (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93726)
Universal Smash Bros 3: Heroes' Resurgance! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106040)
Universal Smash Bros 4: Brawl on! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130390)

--Vampire--
Vampire: Renfeild's Masquerade (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57938)
Vampire II: The Carfax Contingency (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76525)
Vampire III: Sunnydale Nights (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130346)

--Witches & Warlocks--
Witches & Warlocks: How It All Started (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98736)
Witches & Warlocks II: Double Double Toil and Trouble! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115595)
Witches & Warlocks III: Welcome to Witchtopia! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134067)

--Ye Olde West--
Ye Olde West (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38839)
Ye Olde West II: The GOLD Rush (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54385)
YOW3: Cowboy Bebop Edition (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86888)
Ye Olde West IIII: A New Rope (Star Wars Edition) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131871)

Someone mention a game that you've never heard of?
Someone mention a game that you'd like to read?

Look No Further!

Dallas-Dakota
2010-05-22, 05:27 AM
Oh that reminds me, I'd like to book the slot after Rebbelion, so that it starts end July/start August. Thenk you.

For what?

Because you reminded me with the archives, for LotR II:smallsmile:

lostlittlebear
2010-05-22, 11:55 AM
Anyone interested in being AL replacements for Camelot WW? There'll probably be a few auto-lynches tomorrow.

Wizibirb
2010-05-22, 12:46 PM
Huggles Lex-kat, Thanks so much! you are assume!

so any Ideas what I should name the 3rd reverse WW?

Uncle Festy
2010-05-22, 08:34 PM
Huggles Lex-kat, Thanks so much! you are assume!

so any Ideas what I should name the 3rd reverse WW?

III Flowerew Esrever, of course. :smallbiggrin:

Andre Fairchilde
2010-05-22, 09:28 PM
Um...

# Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
# Mordokai
# Robert Blackletter
# Sanity702
# YimmytheSneak
# Zombieninja

If you're one of those, you might want to check WWCIX game thread.

Is this an autolynch list? Isn't there a thread for this? :smalltongue:

Wizibirb
2010-05-22, 11:02 PM
III Flowerew Esrever, of course. :smallbiggrin:

Done!!!! Not sure when I will host the next one....:smallfrown:

Fortuna
2010-05-22, 11:18 PM
OK, I'm still getting the hang of this whole game design thing, but I've got another idea...

Can you put me down for the next free slot (looks to be in August) as running a game called Ghosts WW? The exact mechanics are bouncing around my head, but I'll post them here for people more experienced than I to check when I'm done.

Supagoof
2010-05-24, 11:03 AM
August already on the schedule. Eeep! :smalleek:

Let's put Titans 4 - Salvation. into the August 16 spot.

lostlittlebear
2010-05-24, 11:18 AM
We just had 3 autolynches in Camelot WW :smalleek:. Any takers? Spots will be open for 24 hours! and you get cookies

Castaras
2010-05-24, 11:20 AM
I'll take a role.

The Cyberwolf
2010-05-24, 11:46 AM
This may not be fair, but... I'd like to take a place in Camelot once more. You're a good narrator, and Camelot's a pretty original setting for a WW.

'Cos I've been lynched, it's up to you if you wanna ressurect me, but please... say yes?

Andre Fairchilde
2010-05-24, 02:42 PM
I just got recommendation that time is right for Mafia recruiting.

Could someone let me know if this can/will cause a problem if recruiting starts this week? I'm open for all discussion.

Murska
2010-05-24, 03:01 PM
It makes me need to write 'I'm in!' and think up some appropriate filler. As if this week wasn't tough enough as it was...

MOD
2010-05-25, 03:34 AM
IT: A Werewolfish Game

I'm thinking about running another game and would like some constructive criticism. The game will be based on the novel IT by Stephen King.

Other than using non-standard roles the game will have classic day and night phases and the usual rules about scry interference and auto-lynching.

ALL SUGGESTIONS WELCOME/NEEDED.

The Teams
Team Good
Team Good will contain the Loser's Club and the Citizens of Derry.

The Loser's Club will consist of several players who do not start the game knowing each other and are chosen randomly.

When members of the Loser's Club find each other (using their original power shown below) they gain special abilities based on the number of members that have been found and are currently alive.

{table=head]Members Found|Ability Gained
1+* | Can scry any one player during the night phase. Results only reveal if the scryee is member of The Loser's Club.
2+ | As a group gain the ability to bane one player each night phase.
3+ | If each Loser's Club member votes for the same player that player gains one additional vote.
4+ | As a group can scry one player during the night phase with 100% success at determining his role.
5+ | Each member of the group gains a 20% chance of not dying during the night phase if targeted for a kill.
6+ | Instead of 1 extra vote gained by having a voting consensus two votes are gained.
>7 | Once per game all members of the Loser's Club are baned for one night phase, of their choice. [/table]
* While individual, each member of the Loser's Club has this ability, however when two or more members find each other that group gains the ability as a whole and the individual members lose it.

As implied by the above rules there can be more than one group of Loser's Club members active in the game; however they would be smaller groups with only the first few tiers of power available.

The Citizens of Derry are the villagers.

Team Evil Team Evil will consist of IT and IT's Thralls. IT will be a player chosen randomly . This player shall choose several other players who will be known as IT's Thralls and all together they will be Team Evil.

IT is an Alpha who has the power of killing one player every night phase and designating another player who's vote during the next day phase will match his vote. If IT is lynched during the day phase his role will be passed onto one of IT's Thralls.

IT's Thralls, as a group, can scry one player with 100% accuracy every night phase and choose another player who's vote will not count during the next day phase.

Castaras
2010-05-25, 11:42 AM
I'm also considering running a Werewolf game. Would be small - 20 players at most.

Can't decide between two though...

Resurrection of Alien Invasion: The game that Purple Cube and I used to run. Aliens Versus Villagers.

Main differences between Alien Invasion and normal Werewolf is how the night kills are done - when someone gets night killed (abducted), the narrator PMs the victim and informs them of this. But, the narrator will not tell people who has been abducted. The villagers have to work out for themselves who got killed. As such, no autolynching would occur - would give the game away too much.
Other difference: Every three days, the aliens can choose a person they've nightkilled to come back, as one of them... Once again, it's up to the villagers to work out whether someone really has just been afk and forgotten about the thread, or whether they're alien.
Other than that, normal game.
Currently Unnamed Game: Just werewolves. Just villagers. No special roles at all. No seer, no masons, no baner, no nothing. Everything else exactly the same.

happyturtle
2010-05-25, 11:46 AM
The unnamed game sounds like Simply Werewolf, which has had three iterations. You're welcome to take over the franchise, but I have to warn you the wolves won every game.

By game three, we added a set of masons. 4 masons, 4 wolves, 12 villagers. It was a close game, but still went to the wolves.

Castaras
2010-05-25, 12:37 PM
The unnamed game sounds like Simply Werewolf, which has had three iterations. You're welcome to take over the franchise, but I have to warn you the wolves won every game.

By game three, we added a set of masons. 4 masons, 4 wolves, 12 villagers. It was a close game, but still went to the wolves.

Ah, fair enough. :smallsmile: I've been away too long.

Shadow
2010-05-25, 12:54 PM

That doesn't surprise me at all as the numbers are skewed toward the wolves to begin with. The smaller the game, the less wolves should be included. And I don't mean that to say that the ratio will create less wolves. I mean that to say that the first few days usually go without a wolf lynched, so the numbers get stacked in their favor very quickly in a small game, so the ratio should be adjusted.

Lady Tialait
2010-05-25, 02:37 PM
Psst, Festy...what happened to Ravinca? I was looking forward to it...

Andre Fairchilde
2010-05-25, 05:58 PM
By the way, for those keeping score at home - Monster Mash III has ended in a win for the Zombies.

Uncle Festy
2010-05-25, 06:28 PM
Psst, Festy...what happened to Ravinca? I was looking forward to it...

Oh, uh, right.
The rules will be posted for review tonight, and the thread will be up soon after.
Least, I hope so.

Lady Tialait
2010-05-25, 09:31 PM
Oh, uh, right.
The rules will be posted for review tonight, and the thread will be up soon after.
Least, I hope so.

I really hope so, I've been lurking the Magic Legends one you have going...and if it's half as awesome as that one seems....I want in...badly.

MOD
2010-05-25, 09:43 PM
IT: A Werewolfish Game

I think this got lost in the shuffle so I'll repost it.

I'm thinking about running another game and would like some constructive criticism. The game will be based on the novel IT by Stephen King.

Other than using non-standard roles the game will have classic day and night phases and the usual rules about scry interference and auto-lynching.

ALL SUGGESTIONS WELCOME/NEEDED.

The Teams
Team Good
Team Good will contain the Loser's Club and the Citizens of Derry.

The Loser's Club will consist of several players who do not start the game knowing each other and are chosen randomly.

When members of the Loser's Club find each other (using their original power shown below) they gain special abilities based on the number of members that have been found and are currently alive.

1+* | Can scry any one player during the night phase. Results only reveal if the scryee is member of The Loser's Club.
3+ | If each Loser's Club member votes for the same player that player gains one additional vote.
4+ | As a group can scry one player during the night phase with 100% success at determining his role.
5+ | Each member of the group gains a 20% chance of not dying during the night phase if targeted for a kill.
6+ | Instead of 1 extra vote gained by having a voting consensus two votes are gained.
>7 | Once per game all members of the Loser's Club are baned for one night phase, of their choice. [/table]
* While individual, each member of the Loser's Club has this ability, however when two or more members find each other that group gains the ability as a whole and the individual members lose it.

As implied by the above rules there can be more than one group of Loser's Club members active in the game; however they would be smaller groups with only the first few tiers of power available.

The Citizens of Derry are the villagers.

Team Evil Team Evil will consist of IT and IT's Thralls. IT will be a player chosen randomly . This player shall choose several other players who will be known as IT's Thralls and all together they will be Team Evil.

IT is an Alpha who has the power of killing one player every night phase and designating another player who's vote during the next day phase will match his vote. If IT is lynched during the day phase his role will be passed onto one of IT's Thralls.

IT's Thralls, as a group, can scry one player with 100% accuracy every night phase and choose another player who's vote will not count during the next day phase.

Shadow
2010-05-25, 10:05 PM
Sorry MOD. I've already broken your game.

Day 1: I tell everyone to scry the person below them on the alphabetical player list.
Day 2: All (or at least almost all) bad guys have been found, and all (or almost all) of the good guys are one huge group.

Boring lynchfest follows.

The mechanics of the good guys need to change bro. :smalleek:

Uncle Festy
2010-05-25, 10:08 PM
I really hope so, I've been lurking the Magic Legends one you have going...and if it's half as awesome as that one seems....I want in...badly.

Thanks! :smallsmile:
I'll hold a spot for you.

@Shadow – I think the Club is just a mason group; maybe 7 members at most. So that doesn't really work.

Shadow
2010-05-25, 10:14 PM

@Shadow – I think the Club is just a mason group; maybe 7 members at most. So that doesn't really work.

After rereading it it looks as though you're correct.

Deathslayer7
2010-05-25, 10:31 PM

Day 1: I tell everyone to scry the person below them on the alphabetical player list.
Day 2: All (or at least almost all) bad guys have been found, and all (or almost all) of the good guys are one huge group.

from what it seems to me shadow is right, at least partially. In no way are those scries correct or accurate. If they are, then you have a problem.

Lady Tialait
2010-05-25, 10:33 PM

Awesome, I withhold painting you with fish guts....for now.

MOD
2010-05-25, 10:54 PM

from what it seems to me shadow is right, at least partially. In no way are those scries correct or accurate. If they are, then you have a problem.

Maybe the rules are not clear enough b/c I don't see where the brokeness is. The members of the Club each have a scry ability that only detects if the person they are scrying is a member of the Loser's Club. It turns up no results if the scry hits a villager or bad guy. Does that help?

Does the game seem balanced in terms of powers and such?

Deathslayer7
2010-05-25, 11:09 PM
Maybe the rules are not clear enough b/c I don't see where the brokeness is. The members of the Club each have a scry ability that only detects if the person they are scrying is a member of the Loser's Club. It turns up no results if the scry hits a villager or bad guy. Does that help?

Does the game seem balanced in terms of powers and such?

ok that makes more sense. but still you have the problem of a simple villager telling them to scry below them for a Mason.

then the masons gain and lose powers while team evil has a kill, a scry and a change of vote ability.

idk hard to say...

Zeb The Troll
2010-05-25, 11:54 PM
MOD - are the abilities for the Loser's Club cumulative or successive? When two Club members find each other, do they then have Bane and Scry ability (as a team) or do they lose the Scry in favor of the bane? And when they find a third, et cetera?

MOD
2010-05-26, 12:07 AM
MOD - are the abilities for the Loser's Club cumulative or successive? When two Club members find each other, do they then have Bane and Scry ability (as a team) or do they lose the Scry in favor of the bane? And when they find a third, et cetera?

The powers are cumulative. They do not lose access to previously gained abilities unless the Club members start dying.

Zeb The Troll
2010-05-26, 12:45 AM
Who keeps track of how many people are in the group? What if two groups of two form (players A & B in one group, then C & D in another) and then Group AB scries player C? C presumably becomes part of AB, but does he have to? Does D? Is it automatic or does C have to let AB know who D is? Can they choose not to merge so that they can retain two banes?

MOD
2010-05-26, 01:41 AM
Who keeps track of how many people are in the group? What if two groups of two form (players A & B in one group, then C & D in another) and then Group AB scries player C? C presumably becomes part of AB, but does he have to? Does D? Is it automatic or does C have to let AB know who D is? Can they choose not to merge so that they can retain two banes?

As narrator I would keep track of the groups and powers. Really it would be up to the players in the Club to decide if they wanted to find more members by continuing to use their scrying ability.

Lets say Group AB members scried and discovered member C but member C is in a group D then all of those members would all form into a new group ABCD. The same is true if AB scries C or C scries AB. There would not be a choice to not form a group and keep them separate.

Of course there could be distinct strategic values of keeping the groups as small as possible but they would also run the risk of getting a club member that had yet to be scried killed.

Zeb The Troll
2010-05-26, 01:56 AM
... they would also run the risk of getting a club member that had yet to be scried killed.How so?

Deathslayer7
2010-05-26, 02:11 AM
well lets say it is Group ABCD. Could they split off into two distinct groups and use two scries or no?

MOD
2010-05-26, 02:11 AM
@Zeb They are in a way like a mason group once they have found each other. Gaining all the usual protections that ordinary mason groups have by having confirmed good guys with whom they can network information and powers.

On the other hand while they are individual they are pretty much just villagers that could be accidentally targeted for a lynch by members of their own team, wolves seeking out victory and real villagers pointing at who they suspect to be a wolf.

@Deathslayer No once a group has formed the only way to decrease membership would be to have a member lynched or night killed.

Shadow
2010-05-26, 09:11 AM
I'm assuming that it would work the same as the vampire coven(s) in Vampire. Once found, they become a larger group. No choice in the matter.

Supagoof
2010-05-26, 11:27 AM
Okay - now that I get the concept of the group - I think the powers are pretty good. They don't get the true Seer ability until 4 are joined together, which is fine. Maybe a change in the wording might help. Use "search" rather then "scry" for the lone club member power, as "scry" is often associated with "seer"

The 6+ power seems to be a bit off IMO. Sure, they gain +2 votes, but they also expose a potential six people to the wolf list. Mason and Wolves are most commonly tracked by whom votes together, and that power means they have too vote together to use it, not sure if the reward is worth the risk. Then again, they all have a 20% chance of not dying during the night at that point....

I think perhaps switching the "bane" and "seer" powers around might offer a little more balance too in the power progression. For example - if I find another member of the club night 1, then what's to stop me from stepping out and bringing all other members of the club into the mix by "role claiming" on day 2, knowing that night I'll have a bane and a bunch of new members to the club since they'll most likely use their search method on me. If you switch the two abilities around, then me and my fellow buddy increase our chances of finding someone at phase 2 without violently shifitng the power scale in our favor. Think of it this way - two "searches" and a "scry" < two "searches" and "role claim explosion" for scaler progression.

It is facinating concept though - I'd love to try it.

MOD
2010-05-26, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys it is really helping to refine the rules.

Here are some changes that I think will work for the Loser's Club. Let me know what you guys think. Also are the bad guy powers good as is?

1+* | Can Search any one player during the night phase. Results only reveal if the player Searched is a member of The Loser's Club.
2+ | As a group can scry one player during the night phase with 100% success at determining his role.
4+ | As a group gain the ability to bane one player each night phase.
6+ | Members of the Loser's Club may abstain from voting during the Day Phase. If they have abstained then during the next Day phase the Loser's Club member(s) who did not vote have their vote counted twice.
* While individual, each member of the Loser's Club has this ability, however when two or more members find each other they form a group and that group gains the ability as a whole and the individual members lose it.

Zeb The Troll
2010-05-26, 11:48 PM
I'd definitely be interested in testing this sort of mechanic. It sounds really interesting. Good work, MOD. :smallcool:

Shadow
2010-05-27, 12:42 AM
I'm concerned about the balance between good vs evil.

If traditional numbers are used, balance favors IT because of their "leader-rolls-downhill" mechanic, and the fact that multiple good guys need to team up to get the equivalent of standard roles. Before the good guys get their acts together, they may have lost a good chunk of their number already.

If the numbers are swayed more heavily toward the Loser's Club to counteract this, their power could hypothetically grow at an alarming rate, meaning IT's powers will be insufficient in comparison to the Loser's Club.

Balance on the numbers will be a fine line to walk when handing out roles for this game.

Zeb The Troll
2010-05-27, 01:43 AM
Shadow - your argument reminds me of a hotly debated Pirates game some time ago. :smallcool:

The build up could easily go either way for the Loser's Club. If all the members get REALLY lucky early on, they'll be a force to contend with right away, I think tilting the balance in their favor. On the other hand, if it takes them 6 or 8 nights to even get a couple of pairings going, IT will have a HUGE upper hand by then. Personally, I'd run it as is, maybe even call it a beta, and see how it plays out, then call for discussion and tweak from there.

Other thought - what about giving IT's team a similar ramp up mechanic? Replace "bane" with "night kill" and let them loose. Then it would be more down to who gets their network built up faster for which team has the advantage.

Shadow
2010-05-27, 02:08 AM
Shadow - your argument reminds me of a hotly debated Pirates game some time ago. :smallcool:

I still contend that Goof and I did not break that game. The passengers knew what was happening and chose to ignore it (or were convinced to ignore it.... same thing). One, if not more, even called me out early on and laid the plan directly on the table.
The fact that they didn't act on that is what broke the game.
It wasn't our actions (mine and Goof) that broke the game, it was the inaction of the rest of the players.

They ALLOWED that game to be broken, which is different from the game being broken FOR them. It's a subtle difference, but it's still different. If you clearly see a threat and you don't act on it, are you still a victim when it happens?
No.

/derail

Zeb The Troll
2010-05-27, 02:53 AM
I still contend that Goof and I did not break that game.For the record, I agree completely. Aside from what you said, an inordinate amount of luck was involved in setting things up so that it could go down that way. And that was my point. You can't balance the luck out of a game. You might as well make a Second Rule of Shadow that goes something like "The wolves are not allowed to attack the baner on Night 1 if he is protecting himself" and several other scenarios that would prove someone's allegiance without a scry.

What you can do is take what is likely to happen, balance that, and make every effort to remove scenarios that don't rely on luck to break the game (i.e. the small group bane/role claim scenario you brought up).

Shadow
2010-05-27, 04:12 AM
When we broke Hogwarts open so bad that the narrators had to scramble to silently change the rules for Voldemort and the Death Eaters in secret.... just to give them a tiny little fighting chance.... I actually felt bad about it.

We still did it.... but I felt bad. A little. Not too much though. :smallamused:

Alarra
2010-05-27, 09:06 AM
Hogwarts? I must have missed that game.

Supagoof
2010-05-27, 10:03 AM
[Insert Hours of conversation about Pirates 3]
:biggrin:
[/As Countless hours continue to accumulate]

I've said this before, but I'll say it again. Want to prove that game wasn't broke. Run it again with the exact same rules! The random distribution of players signed up, roles given, scries and attacks made on night one = no way for that scenario to happen again.

I agree, as usual, with my notable counterpart in that instance, Shadow and I did not break the game. The stars alligned (figuratively and literally) and EPIC feats were achieved.

Now Hogwarts - much like LLD1 - got split open so violently that the rush of blood couldn't be stopped. That game was broke. Because the same method could be used everytime with the rules.

Pirates 3 - not so much.

Everyone else agree with that distinction of broken game and an epic one?