PDA

View Full Version : how to continue a mystic theurge?

taltamir
2010-01-15, 11:08 PM
If you make a mystic theurge with not early entry tricks, just a Wis3/Clr3/MT10

what can you take after level 16 when you run out of MT levels to still continue clr and wiz progression?

Drakevarg
2010-01-15, 11:10 PM
True Necromancer, perhaps? Assuming that's you're schtick.

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-01-15, 11:10 PM
If you make a mystic theurge with not early entry tricks, just a Wis3/Clr3/MT10

what can you take after level 16 when you run out of MT levels to still continue clr and wiz progression?

From Complete Scoundrel, there's a PrC Uncanny Trickster. It's a three level class that promotes class abilities for two of them. That means it promotes the dual-progression of Mystic Theurge. Cap it with Archmage.

Sstoopidtallkid
2010-01-15, 11:11 PM
Dweomerkeeper or Geomancer. Neither advances both castings, but they're designed for dual casters anyways. True Necromancer gives you partial progression of both, but only 3 levels each for the 4 you have left, and it's prerequisites are...poor. Your best bet is not going Cleric/Wizard. Go Druid or Shadowcaster so you've got another dual-progression class specific for that as well as MT.

penbed400
2010-01-16, 12:59 AM
Arcane Heirophant? It gives dual progression for both arcane casting and divine casting, you just need to find a way to get trackless step. I don't know if you could use an item or if there is a feat to get the ability...it definitely fits easier with a Druid/Wizard but I thought I'd throw it out there in case it could be relevant some way

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2010-01-16, 01:14 AM
Legacy Champion from Weapons of Legacy advances all of the class features of another class for the 2nd-6th levels and the 8th-10th levels. That means if you go Wizard 3/ Cleric 3/ MT 10/ Legacy Champion 4 you'd end up with 16th level spellcasting in both classes.

True Necromancer in Libris Mortis advances arcane spellcasting at 1st level, divine spellcasting at 2nd level, and both arcane and divine at the 3rd-5th levels. That will still get you 16th level spellcasting in both classes.

Without a prestige class that grants spellcasting faster than the normal progression (i.e. Ur-Priest and the like) or early entry tricks, the only dual progression arcane/divine build that gets 9th level spells in both classes by level 20 is a Druid 3/ Wizard 3/ Mystic Thurge 4/ Arcane Heirophant 10.