PDA

View Full Version : What would you Wish for if you wanted to make your DM cry?

Pika...
2010-01-16, 03:34 AM
The title says it all.

I am not necessarily talking destroying a game/advanture/campaign here, since there are so many other ways of making a DM weep.

For me, one example I keep imagining is if I ever have a PC who is informed enough of how the Wish spell works, and is one of my less serious (and usually clacking common sense) "joke" characters I would wish for either:

A) The entire party except my PC switch to their species' opposite gender.

B) The entire party (including my PC) switch bodies at random.

Kris Strife
2010-01-16, 03:42 AM
Well, it depends on the situation.

If he made us go on some kind of quest to get it granted: The most comfortable pair of underpants ever.

If not, probably some completely random item or something like 'Immunity to hangovers.'

sofawall
2010-01-16, 03:51 AM
I'd wish for my DM to cry, of course.

Next question!

Wins thread.

BobVosh
2010-01-16, 05:10 AM
I would wish for an aura of chicken infested. 60 Foot radius.

DementedFellow
2010-01-16, 06:03 AM
I would wish to be a psion. He couldn't ever be bothered to learn that system and they are always banned outright because he doesn't know jack about them.

Gnorman
2010-01-16, 06:08 AM
More Wishes.

Tokiko Mima
2010-01-16, 06:15 AM
World Peace.

Solaris
2010-01-16, 06:17 AM
Well, I am the DM, so...
Hm.
A really big hammer to the giblets would probably bring a tear to my eye. I'm sure any one of my players would be happy to oblige.

Reaper_Monkey
2010-01-16, 06:27 AM
A detailed map of the world.

EDIT: As a tome. Inclusive of all ruins, dungeons and sites of significant interest and names of places. With an index.

Myou
2010-01-16, 06:42 AM
A better DM.

Eloel
2010-01-16, 06:56 AM
A detailed map of the world.

EDIT: As a tome. Inclusive of all ruins, dungeons and sites of significant interest and names of places. With an index.

This should make him cry.

TheCountAlucard
2010-01-16, 07:17 AM
Answers. Teach him to ban any divination spells that relate to the future...

Ichneumon
2010-01-16, 07:18 AM
I'd wish to become the DM.

Vizzerdrix
2010-01-16, 07:25 AM
A better plot line, less metagaming allowed and encounters that used strategy.

I feel that would hurt their feelings enough to get a tear or two.

Johel
2010-01-16, 07:32 AM
World Peace.

Every single living creature drops dead.
It's really peaceful now.

Malacode
2010-01-16, 07:42 AM
I'd Wish for my Wish not to be granted.
Either that, or Wish for the Paragon template..... As well as every template from SS.

Vizzerdrix
2010-01-16, 07:49 AM

What about undead and constructs?

BobVosh
2010-01-16, 07:52 AM
I'd Wish for my Wish not to be granted.
Either that, or Wish for the Paragon template..... As well as every template from SS.

You will be crying once gelatinous gets applied. It might as well be a nerf bat, and is only redeemed by being hilarious.

I could wish for celerity or any of the orb spells to be inscribed in my spell book. He absolutely hates those spells.

Gamerlord
2010-01-16, 07:57 AM

Next question!

His tears drown the campaign world :smalltongue: .

Shpadoinkle
2010-01-16, 07:58 AM
For more complicated grappling rules.

Tyndmyr
2010-01-16, 08:12 AM
For more complicated grappling rules.

You sir, are unredeemably evil.

Shademan
2010-01-16, 08:13 AM
the grandest orgy in the multiverse

Longcat
2010-01-16, 08:18 AM
The ability to fully understand the other gender.

Failing that, I'd wish that he'd accompany me while I go shopping :smallbiggrin:

Satyr
2010-01-16, 08:19 AM
obligatory glasses made of onions for everybody.

Kelb_Panthera
2010-01-16, 09:18 AM
The artificer's ability to sap the xp from magic items, so I can craft even moar items, without having to actually be an artificer. I don't have anything against artificers mind you, but the casting times on infusions suck, and getting into a lot of the more fun caster classes is difficult/impossible for an artificer.

bosssmiley
2010-01-16, 09:54 AM

Tears fall; everyone dies. :smallwink:

A candle of invocation.

Brendan
2010-01-16, 10:29 AM
to undo the last five seconds, that is, when i took a step forward and when i cast the wish.

juggalotis
2010-01-16, 10:44 AM
wish for a new dm

Starbuck_II
2010-01-16, 10:58 AM
That the DM was never born. :smallbiggrin:

Kelb_Panthera
2010-01-16, 11:14 AM
Some of these are just mean, and probably way more meta-gamey than the OP intended at that.

Can't resist...... I wish for my dm to drop his DMG on his toe the next time he goes to throw it at me!........... :redface:

Radar
2010-01-16, 12:30 PM
Sing:
"Sometimes I wish I were an angel..."
It's enough to make everyone cry or at least grind their teeth.

Less extreme: wish for a stick with only one end.

Alternatively: wish for one of theese (http://www.dailyillusions.com/2007/11/14/3-pillars-impossible-shape/) for the front of your house.

(...)
Can't resist...... I wish for my dm to drop his DMG on his toe the next time he goes to throw it at me!........... :redface:
Which would be the very moment, you expressed this wish. :smalltongue:

Flickerdart
2010-01-16, 12:34 PM
That the DM was never born. :smallbiggrin:
Wish that the DM would be born constantly for the rest of eternity. :smallamused:

Kieran Cage
2010-01-16, 01:22 PM
I once used a wish, in a 1st Edition campaign, as such:

"I wish that this module was made by a better writer."

Howls of laughter ensued. Sadly, I did not get my wish.

FinalJustice
2010-01-16, 02:05 PM
to undo the last five seconds, that is, when i took a step forward and when i cast the wish.

This is good, adding that no one has any recollection of the five seconds undone, so you can get the whole campaign in an infinite loop. >D

"I wish you to undo the last ten seconds, and no one can have any sort of memory of such seconds"
"As you wish my master"
*that high annoying rewind noise*

"I wish you to undo the last ten seconds, and no one can have any sort of memory of such seconds"
"As you wish my master"
*high annoying noise again*

"I wish you to undo...."

Pika...
2010-01-16, 03:13 PM

I like you.

We were thing the exact same thing.

deuxhero
2010-01-16, 03:36 PM
A bunch of onions

CTLC
2010-01-16, 10:15 PM
im pretty sure i cant wish for these, but if i could...

to bother him:
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Apotheosis_Chrysalis_(3.5e_Epic_Spell)
DM, i go inside, wait for me....

to ruin it for him
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Ending_(3.5e_Epic_Spell)
campaign? i dont see a campaign

to give him a headache
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Balefire_(3.5e_Epic_Spell)
wait, but i thought that guy didnt exists,..., but then why is bob still dead?

Pika...
2010-01-16, 10:21 PM
im pretty sure i cant wish for these, but if i could...

to bother him:
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Apotheosis_Chrysalis_(3.5e_Epic_Spell)
DM, i go inside, wait for me....

to ruin it for him
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Ending_(3.5e_Epic_Spell)
campaign? i dont see a campaign

to give him a headache
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Balefire_(3.5e_Epic_Spell)
wait, but i thought that guy didnt exists,..., but then why is bob still dead?

Linkies no workie.

Mastikator
2010-01-16, 10:28 PM
I'd wish to never have to pay xp or material component for any spell ever again.

Shpadoinkle
2010-01-16, 10:29 PM
I'd wish to never have to pay xp or material component for any spell ever again.

Congratulatons, you can never cast any spells with material or XP costs ever again.

Mastikator
2010-01-16, 10:30 PM
Curses, foiled again.

Primehunter74
2010-01-16, 10:48 PM
I would wish for a map detailing everything there is in the tomb of elemental evil.
Interestingly, my friend used wish in his friend's campaign. He wished for wish to not have an xp cost =). Easiest way to break the game (that is, if the DM allowed you to do that.)

Yuki Akuma
2010-01-16, 10:51 PM
"I wish for my DM to cry."

rockdeworld
2010-01-16, 10:55 PM
I've always considered wish to be a particularly unhelpful spell for its level. It costs 5000xp, and what do you get for it?

Also, I thought I read once that Wish can create any effect you wish, but I can't find it again in a re-read.

Primehunter74
2010-01-16, 10:56 PM
Look Three up from this post, and your wish xp problems will be solved

Knaight
2010-01-16, 11:03 PM
Less extreme: wish for a stick with only one end.

Count the ends on the following shapes:
6 e 9 Q

Stick granted.

kemmotar
2010-01-16, 11:04 PM
You will be crying once gelatinous gets applied. It might as well be a nerf bat, and is only redeemed by being hilarious.

That is no laughing matter...my DM is just waiting for the old group to get together so he can run a campaign in which he turns me into an ooze...he's been planning it for months...:smalleek:

As to what wish I would make, first wish that I can dictate the wishes of the rest of the party and then request completely contradictory wishes...

Else, I'd wish for the hitch hiker's guide to the galaxy mk.II

For those who want to know and want to be spoilered

It has unfiltered perception and can see through and exist simultaneously in all dimmensions, parallel universes at any point in time and can reverse engineer the universe and time...

elonin
2010-01-16, 11:23 PM
A better DM.

And you get kicked out of the group. Which maybe the wish is granted at some point.

I was once 2 hours into a 6 hour game where the object is to rescue princess x from some BBEG. After defeating a BBEG lite we captured a scroll of wish. I stopped the dm from reading any further and was told that the loot would be divided up later. I said wait a moment I've got an idea. What is that princess' name? After getting the name etc I said why not wish for princess x to be transported here now and unharmed". The dm thought about it for a moment and raised his forehead vein. NO. Guess he didn't see that coming.

I'd wish to know everything.

CTLC
2010-01-17, 12:39 AM
Linkies no workie.

and i cannot get them to :smallconfused:

wellll, try searching for what the link is called in dnd wiki, so try searching for balefire, ending, etc

Tyndmyr
2010-01-17, 12:42 AM
The dm thought about it for a moment and raised his forehead vein. NO. Guess he didn't see that coming.

I never tell players "No, you can't wish for that". I grin evilly and say "Sure, you can wish for that".

It's so much more fun to see the look of uncertainty and terror on their faces.

2xMachina
2010-01-17, 12:47 AM
and i cannot get them to :smallconfused:

wellll, try searching for what the link is called in dnd wiki, so try searching for balefire, ending, etc

They're missing the ending bracket )

Pika...
2010-01-17, 02:44 AM
Well, there is another one I have secretly REALLY been wanting to try.

Can anyone suggest how they think a DM would react to this one?

"I wish for a lemon cream pie which is ten times Tiamat's size to land right on top of her cream face down."

I never tell players "No, you can't wish for that". I grin evilly and say "Sure, you can wish for that".

If you were female and a Floridian I would propose.

Sstoopidtallkid
2010-01-17, 02:47 AM
"I wish for a lemon cream pie which is ten times Tiamat's size to land right on top of her cream face down."If I allowed Wish in my games, I'd grant it. It's probably worth less than 25 K, and even if not, it won't break anything. Granted, you just pie'd Tiamet, so she will respond appropriately.

Lioness
2010-01-17, 05:57 AM
Curses, foiled again.

That would make an epic topic title for a curse perversion thread...like the wish perversion thread, but for curses.

PhoenixRivers
2010-01-17, 06:01 AM
Some of these are just mean, and probably way more meta-gamey than the OP intended at that.

...So he throws the Monster manual at you.

ShippoWildheart
2010-01-17, 01:59 PM
I wish that anything and everything that sees or senses or imagines or even touches me becomes a fanatical follower (as if I had infinite ranks in Diplomacy), and anything with genitalia will become my sex slave.

That should either lead to crying tears of laughter, or just plain tears.

elonin
2010-01-17, 04:52 PM

The dm was just giving that as a rather polite way of saying no you will not wreck my quest with that.

Glass Mouse
2010-01-17, 08:03 PM
The dm was just giving that as a rather polite way of saying no you will not wreck my quest with that.

Dunno, the fast-thinking, compromising DM would have gone with something like:

"Yeah, the princess shows up, but you didn't specify that you wanted her alone, so the whole BBEG army shows up along with her."

"The princess shows up. Dead. What do you do now?"

"The princess shows up, but the BBEG quickly finds out that you are responsible. He's now coming to kill you. Run."

"The princess shows up, and she's on fire." (no, not really)

What I'd wish for?

Why, a trustworthy face (aka infinite ranks in bluff). I'd never have to face consequences, ever again :smallbiggrin:

elonin
2010-01-17, 08:25 PM
In my earlier post I did say that my wish was for the princess alone, now, and unharmed. We did the scrying earlier to know that she was in no eminent danger a few hours before that

pingcode20
2010-01-17, 08:47 PM
If I allowed Wish in my games, I'd grant it. It's probably worth less than 25 K, and even if not, it won't break anything. Granted, you just pie'd Tiamet, so she will respond appropriately.

On the other hand you'd probably be getting a standing ovation from at least one trickster deity, so I'm fairly sure you're safe as far as direct smiteage goes. The problem comes from every chromatic dragon in the world personally gunning for you.

Tanuki Tales
2010-01-17, 08:47 PM
In my earlier post I did say that my wish was for the princess alone, now, and unharmed. We did the scrying earlier to know that she was in no eminent danger a few hours before that

And how many princesses share that name? :smallbiggrin:

OrangeQuarter
2010-01-17, 08:48 PM
Honestly, I'd just make the princess BE the real BBEG. Insta-wipe.

holywhippet
2010-01-17, 10:33 PM
Tell your DM : "I'm feeling generous, I wish that everyone else in the entire world gets a free wish".

Kelb_Panthera
2010-01-18, 12:14 AM
If I seriously want to make him cry, I tell him "my character tells the wish granter "I wish to be a skilled and powerful wizard"" then hand him the sheet for a heavily optimized wizard of the same level as the character I'm currently playing.

After last time I'm sure he'd twist the crap outta that wish, something to the effect him changing my character, as is, into a wizard with a +5 to caster level and an an extra skill point per level, without changing my starting ability scores, skill points already spent, or current gear.

Soranar
2010-01-18, 01:35 AM
I wish for the party members' stats to be switched as follow
Str score becomes your Int score and vice versa
Dex score becomes your Wis score and vice versa
Con score becomes your Cha score and vice versa

now nearly everyone is playing an unoptimized build ;)

Sstoopidtallkid
2010-01-18, 01:39 AM

now nearly everyone is playing an unoptimized build ;)Actually, everyone outside of a very few builds is now useless. All casters but Sorcerers and Gishes can't cast any spell above level 2(and Sorcerers likely can only hit level 4). Fighters now have 13 Str instead of 22. Most people have a negative Con mod. You'll die to something a fraction of your CR.

Soranar
2010-01-18, 01:45 AM
Actually, everyone outside of a very few builds is now useless. All casters but Sorcerers and Gishes can't cast any spell above level 2(and Sorcerers likely can only hit level 4). Fighters now have 13 Str instead of 22. Most people have a negative Con mod. You'll die to something a fraction of your CR.

well it would infuriate the DM to have someone nuke his game, I'm guessing he might cry

golentan
2010-01-18, 02:02 AM
I'd wish for every food item in the world to scream when bitten (for nutrition purposes only). Either the name of the eater or (in the absence of a name) a good description. Screamed in joy.

Then I'd call up the BBEG (who's a Lich) and tell him he doesn't know how to pleasure a peach. It's an in joke.

RebelRogue
2010-01-18, 02:35 AM
"I wish for my wish not to come true".

Randalor
2010-01-18, 02:37 AM
I wish for real-world physics.

Sstoopidtallkid
2010-01-18, 02:38 AM
"I wish for my wish not to come true"."As far as you can tell, nothing happens".

Mystic Muse
2010-01-18, 02:54 AM

"the universe implodes, explodes and asplodes all at the same time"

:smalltongue:

Sstoopidtallkid
2010-01-18, 02:59 AM
"the universe implodes, explodes and asplodes all at the same time"

:smalltongue:"The sound it most closely resembles is KABLOOIE!"

ShippoWildheart
2010-01-18, 03:01 AM

You killed all the Catigrls. You monster!

Mystic Muse
2010-01-18, 03:03 AM
You killed all the Catigrls. You monster!

he didn't kill my catgirls.

(what's with the killing catgirl thing anyway?)

Sstoopidtallkid
2010-01-18, 03:09 AM

(what's with the killing catgirl thing anyway?)Every time you bring real world physics into a fantasy discussion, God kills a catgirl. Please, think of the catgirls.

Whether that's a plea to talk about physics more or less is up for debate, of course. :smallwink:

Mystic Muse
2010-01-18, 03:10 AM
Is soviet russia, Catgirl kills physics

Killer Angel
2010-01-18, 03:11 AM

Now, we are no more discussing possible wishes by raw, I think... :smalltongue:
But if the effect has a time limit, it can be a funny idea for a couple of hours of roleplaying.

Eldariel
2010-01-18, 03:47 AM

There should honestly be a spell called "Brains to brawn" in existence. I especially love the irony of turning Cha to Con; the ultimate dumpstat into the key stat for everyone.

Shpadoinkle
2010-01-18, 04:32 AM
There should honestly be a spell called "Brains to brawn" in existence.

There is. It's called Tenser's Tranformation.

Eldan
2010-01-18, 04:34 AM

Actually, in Planescape, that is almost what happened when you went to the Astral plan. Your mental stats replaced your physical stats, in that order, but not the other way round...
There was a quote about the wizard arm-wrestling the barbarian.

Eldariel
2010-01-18, 04:35 AM
There is. It's called Tenser's Tranformation.

That spell was originally named "Tenser's Major Suckage", and for a very good reason. Also, it does not transfer mentals to physicals and vice versa.

JaronK
2010-01-18, 05:08 AM

The Binder of course just giggles. The Warblade's probably okay, as is the Duskblade. And the Cleric Archer is quite happy too.

A few people would be fine, others (like Wizards) would be unplayable. Lame.

JaronK

TheFallenOne
2010-01-18, 05:44 AM
"The sound it most closely resembles is KABLOOIE!"

A Horrendous Space Kablooie?

"I wish for every named NPC to be teleported into the midst of the Tomb of Horrors."

or

"I wish for every person(defined in the widest possible sense) everywhere to have the Chicken Infested flaw."

Alternatively, wish for a time travel device. No matter how you use it, your DM will get serious headaches from it

Kris Strife
2010-01-18, 05:50 AM
Alternatively, wish for a time travel device. No matter how you use it, your DM will get serious headaches from it

Thats a poor DM who can't make the players suffer from their own time travel antics.

Rasman
2010-01-18, 05:58 AM
I become C'thulu...gg, I pretty much solo everything...almost...

Kris Strife
2010-01-18, 06:04 AM
I become C'thulu...gg, I pretty much solo everything...almost...

The stars aren't right and you instantly fall asleep and dissapear to Ry'leah. Roll up a new character.

A nearby wizard's planeshifting experiment causes a steamship to appear above you, then fall on your head. Roll up a new character.

Dr.Epic
2010-01-18, 07:14 AM
Lemon Juice (right in his eyes (get it?))

Rasman
2010-01-18, 08:11 AM
The stars aren't right and you instantly fall asleep and dissapear to Ry'leah. Roll up a new character.

A nearby wizard's planeshifting experiment causes a steamship to appear above you, then fall on your head. Roll up a new character.

LOL...I'd deserve the second one, but I'd be around long enough to make everyone crazy at least

Kelb_Panthera
2010-01-18, 03:29 PM

(what's with the killing catgirl thing anyway?)

At some point somebody said "every time you bring real life physics into a fantasy role-playing discussion, God kills a cat-girl." It just kind of stuck. Like being "ninja'd" or "the wizard does something, class X cries."

absolmorph
2010-01-18, 03:51 PM
Thats a poor DM who can't make the players suffer from their own time travel antics.
Seriously.
"You travel back in time? Okay. How far? Oh, wow. A hundred years? Okay, gimme a second..."
You can have a lot of fun (as DM) logically punishing players for altering the past. Or, you can have them make part of history for you.

OracleofWuffing
2010-01-18, 04:08 PM
The Binder of course just giggles. The Warblade's probably okay, as is the Duskblade. And the Cleric Archer is quite happy too.
Depending on the invocations, Warlocks are probably okay, too.

"I wish to wield the entire plane of Mechanus as a natural weapon."
"I wish for your credit card."
"I wish everyone and everything be turned inside-out."
"I wish ham sandwich. No, I do not wish for a ham sandwich, and I do not wish to eat a ham sandwich. I wish ham sandwich."
"I wish for each one of the molecules in my fighter friend here to become explosive runes."
"I wish the material plane was made out of chocolate."

Vonriel
2010-01-18, 05:49 PM
"I wish you'd go watch that episode of Futurama with Fry's dog."

Pika...
2010-01-18, 06:38 PM
"I wish you'd go watch that episode of Futurama with Fry's dog."

You just made me sad during the middle of a Comedy Central special no less. :(

Xenogears
2010-01-18, 06:55 PM

If I were the DM I would've decided that the Princess was the REAL BBEG and have her show up and sneak attack (not the rogue ability) the party.

absolmorph
2010-01-18, 08:54 PM
If I were the DM I would've decided that the Princess was the REAL BBEG and have her show up and sneak attack (not the rogue ability) the party.
I believe that's called a "surprise attack".

nhbdy
2010-01-18, 09:26 PM
wish everyone was pun-pun

wish everyone saw only that which they most feared?

EDIT: wish all magic backfired on it's caster!

Thurbane
2010-01-18, 09:30 PM
I would wish for the ability to draw nothing but red cards from a Deck-o Many Things.

Jarrick
2010-01-18, 11:43 PM
"I wish ham sandwich. No, I do not wish for a ham sandwich, and I do not wish to eat a ham sandwich. I wish ham sandwich."

LMAO! There is much win here. I'm so going to use this next time it comes up.

Sstoopidtallkid
2010-01-19, 12:45 AM
If I were the DM I would've decided that the Princess was the REAL BBEG and have her show up and sneak attack (not the rogue ability) the party.Why? That's a listed, safe, reasonable ability of Wish. There are few of those. It's magic second only to the gods, it should be able to bring a single willing person from anywhere to you. Heck, going to them is only a 5th level spell.

MickJay
2010-01-19, 04:59 AM
LMAO! There is much win here. I'm so going to use this next time it comes up.

I'd just go "Your wish is granted", and disappear in a puff of smoke without any further explanation. :smalltongue:

Pika...
2010-01-19, 02:20 PM
If I allowed Wish in my games, I'd grant it. It's probably worth less than 25 K, and even if not, it won't break anything. Granted, you just pie'd Tiamet, so she will respond appropriately.

On the other hand you'd probably be getting a standing ovation from at least one trickster deity, so I'm fairly sure you're safe as far as direct smiteage goes. The problem comes from every chromatic dragon in the world personally gunning for you.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/Smilies/rofl2.gif

LoL. Well, look at the bright side: It would be an AWESOME way to die.

Has anyone ever seen the movie Flight of the Dragons?

Does anyone remember the scene where dragons nearly blotted out the sky?
Just imagine that miles high wall of dragons heading towards my PC while he has a huge smile on his face. Like this ----> :smallbiggrin:

Drakevarg
2010-01-19, 02:36 PM
I wish that "left = cheese."

JohnnyCancer
2010-01-19, 03:53 PM
Wish for the BBEG to have greater empathy for those they harm?

OracleofWuffing
2010-01-19, 04:26 PM
I'd just go "Your wish is granted", and disappear in a puff of smoke without any further explanation. :smalltongue:
Awesome. :smallbiggrin:

Hey guys, I don't know the exact details, but I do know ham sandwich just happened!

Pika...
2010-01-19, 04:36 PM
Awesome. :smallbiggrin:

Hey guys, I don't know the exact details, but I do know ham sandwich just happened!

Personally I would treat ham as a verb for this, hence from that day forth all sandwiches regardless of what one does or makes it out of tastes like a ham sandwhich.

That, or every sandwhich made mysteriously has some ham in it. Usually realized once you bite into it, but no one will ever actually see the process happening. However, let's just say Baphomet is gonna have a grudge against you. @_@

Another_Poet
2010-01-19, 04:45 PM
"A campaign that doesn't suck." Out loud. In front of the DM.

Seriously, don't use a Wish to try to upset your DM. Be a good friend.

MickJay
2010-01-19, 04:59 PM
"I wish my DM received all the appreciation he/she deserves for all the hard work and effort and for putting up with our lack of gratitude for so long", while looking lovingly in his/her eyes, already brimming with tears of joy and happiness at such unexpected (and expensive) expression of appreciation...

That, or they're laughing themselves to tears over the player's foolish and pathetic attempt at ingratiating themselves with the DM.

2xMachina
2010-01-20, 07:26 AM
From a SLA or other source?

Replicate True Creation to make CL cubic foot of diamonds (or whatever is more expensive).

Now, figure out the value of a 17 cubic foot diamond.

Or True Creation anti-matter. Bye-bye campaign world.

elonin
2010-01-20, 07:49 AM
I'd imagine many dms would cap that amount created to the gp cap of wish. If you are arcane caster I'd wish for a scroll of fabricate and then wish for adementine.

2xMachina
2010-01-20, 08:20 AM
By RAW, True Creation has no GP limit (just volume). It's a 8th lvl spell too, so perfectly fine to be replicated. It just costs you XP. But since you're not paying the xp cost, you don't care.

MickJay
2010-01-20, 09:46 AM
"When a wish duplicates a spell that has an XP cost, you must pay 5,000 XP or that cost, whichever is more" (SRD)

2xMachina
2010-01-20, 09:51 AM
Yes, but in the case of SLA's or a Wish from other sources (wand/scroll), you don't care about the XP cost, because it's not you that's paying it.

MickJay
2010-01-20, 10:09 AM
SLAs do not have XP cost. In case of Wish, however, some of its effects require XP payment. More strict ruling would simply eliminate such effects from what SLA wish can accomplish, except for those that are within the default range of 5000XP. More lenient one could leave room for the fact that it's YOU who is making the wish, even if someone/something is providing the "basic service" of getting wish started, so you (i.e. one formulating the wish) can pay an additional cost to get more powerful effect.

Calenestel
2010-01-20, 01:43 PM
Personally I would treat ham as a verb for this, hence from that day forth all sandwiches regardless of what one does or makes it out of tastes like a ham sandwhich.

That, or every sandwhich made mysteriously has some ham in it. Usually realized once you bite into it, but no one will ever actually see the process happening. However, let's just say Baphomet is gonna have a grudge against you. @_@

All right. THIS, dear friends, is what win is made of. This is a 100% pure win.
And if you do not agree, consider this: Aside fron Baphomet we'll have EVERY vegetarian druid in the entire campaign setting looking for revenge. EPIC.

Aure Entuluva!
Calenestel

Kiren
2010-01-20, 02:56 PM
An M72 Anti-tank Rocket Launcher

nhbdy
2010-01-20, 03:53 PM
An M72 Anti-tank Rocket Launcher

good reference

"I wish that cow was a tavern"

Ravens_cry
2010-01-20, 04:20 PM
I wish to win The Game.
What he doesn't know is, I already won. (http://xkcd.com/391/)

OracleofWuffing
2010-01-20, 05:13 PM
Aside fron Baphomet we'll have EVERY vegetarian druid in the entire campaign setting looking for revenge. EPIC.
Door #1:
Look, it's all fine, I'll just hold a big sandwich luncheon for everyone and they can all go home happy, agreed? :smallbiggrin:
Door #2:
They can take a number. Not the first time I've had gods and an entire army of divine caster out to kill me. With any luck, they'll end up killing each other over who gets to kill me. :smallcool:
Door #3:
It was good role-playing, right? Come on, bonus experience! :smallamused:

"I wish (the DM's significant other's character) would become my (wife/husband, select appropriate) for all eternity."

Godskook
2010-01-20, 05:29 PM

In a huge puff of smoke, the universe torques as if attempting to grant your request. However, the only result is that a piece of paper appears in your hands. On it reads the following:

Syntax error, ID 10t