PDA

View Full Version : Trailing a Band of Slavers (In Character)

Sahaar
2010-01-16, 01:30 PM
Alrighty, guys. Let's get this show on the road.

Characters

Se'herad
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=180023

Ulfor Praou
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=179554

Enemies

XP Gain
[Spolier]
Bandit (Most Common) 35
Strong Bandit 50
Bandit Ranger 40
Bandit Bodyguard (Only fought near end) 75
Bandit Leader (fought near end) 100
Demon imp* 60
Demon Incubus (only fought once) 75
Weak Avatar (Final Boss) 200 (given to entire party)

Bandits

(Bandit/Strong/Ranger/Bodyguard)
STR--10/12/10//12
DEX--13/13/12/13
INT--9/9/10/10
CON--12/13/13/13
WIS-12/12/13/12
CHA--14/14/14/14

Defenses (Bandit/Strong/Ranger/Leader)

AC--13/13/12/14
WILL--+1/+1/+2/+3
REF--+1/+1/+3/+2
FORT--+2/+2/+2/+3

Damage
Bandit--d4
Bodyguard--d4+1
Ranger--d4+1
Leader--d4+2

Bandit Leader
STR--18
DEX--12
INT--13
CON--13
WIS--12
CHA--15

HP (Bandit/Strong/Ranger/Bodyguard/Leader
5/7/4/8/20

Demons

(Imp/Incubus/)

STR--13/14
DEX--15/15
CHA--15/15
INT--14/15
CON--16/16
WIS--14/15

Damage (Imp/Incubus)

Claw--d6
Magic--d6+1

STR--18
INT--17
CON--16
CHA--16
DEX--16
WIS--16

Damage: d6+2

Defenses (Imp/Incubus/Avatar)

AC-14/15/16
REF-+2/+1/+0
Will-+4/+4/+5

Hint: The Avatar is slow!

HP (Imp/Incubus/Avatar
10/12/25

Story
An unusually massive band of slavers has been raiding cities across the realm. You play as one adventurer who has survived one such attack, and demands revenge. Three such warriors, Sahaar the Wizard, Millyren Darentock, the Bard, and Ulfor Praou, the Rogue, are the most skilled of all the warriors who dared to challenge these slavers. The story begins with the three camping nearby a Slaver camp, trying to listen in on their enemies' conversations to get a better grasp on the situation...

(Everyone make a DC 15 Listen check)
Roll(1d20)+1:
13,+1
Total:14
FAIL

There was no sound in the quiet night. A perfect night for eavesdropping.
Sahaar pokes the dying fire with a stick idly as he tries to listen to the unaware Bandits nearby. He cannot hear anything, and continues to tend to the fire. Next to him, Ulfor and Millyren sit silently, also trying to hear the Slavers' conversations in the distance.

Helinon
2010-01-16, 02:32 PM
Ulfor can barely contain the urge to charge the bandits here and now, and kill them all in a brutal fashion. He calms himself by telling himself that those actions will only get his friends killed. Instead he attempts to make out their conversation.

list of rules for rolling the forum roller
[roll]#d#
#d# shows induvidual rolls
#d#+X
#d#-X
#d#b# adds together only the best # of rolls made. For example 5d6b3 only adds the best 3 rolls together

Freshmeat
2010-01-16, 02:33 PM
Milly sits leaning against a tree, inspecting her companions. They seemed capable enough. Even though she was a bit disappointed that there were only three of them, she didn't see this as a real obstacle. Three might prevail where more might not, and the tales she'd tell about this afterwards would be all the greater the more they were outnumbered. There was a sense of drama and heroism in this.

Tilting her head a little, Milly focuses on the voices in the distance, hoping to pick up something of importance.

Listen: [roll0]

Sahaar
2010-01-16, 02:36 PM
Sahaar knows from the look on their faces that Ulfor and Milly had heard something. Before asking what he heard, he tries once again to eavsdrop on the Slavers.

Roll(1d1)+0:
15,+0
Total:15
PASS

Sahaar's eyes widen as he suddenly hears voices. Though distant, he can make out some of their words.

(Bandits speak in pink :P)

...that city sure was large," said one
Yeah. Lots of them were perfect for......master will be pleased, said another

I speak in Blue
Dammit Sahaar whispered under his breath. He could not hear what the Slavers planned on doing wit the prisoners. Though, if memory served him well, he knew what they did to women....

Freshmeat
2010-01-16, 02:49 PM
"Cities?" Milly whisper in surprise. "There's enough of them that they needn't stalk the roads of attack wayward villages but can actually attack cities?" These bandits are a much bigger problem than I thought."

"We'd better be careful here. But if they just brought in a new group of slaves, we might be able to free them before they're shipped off elsewhere. I bet some of them wouldn't mind taking revenge on this scum."

Helinon
2010-01-16, 02:57 PM
When he heard the second bandit talk, he could put tow and two together. If they had done anything like that to his wife, they would all wish that they were never born. Whispering in a furious tone, "It doesn't surprise me that they can take out a city. They killed my entire village without losing even one man. 2000 villagers and 25 guards dead or captured with no losses. I'm just about done listening to these guys. I'm gonna kill every one of them. Sound good?"

I call red, the color of rage and vengeance. Pefect for my character.

Sahaar
2010-01-16, 03:17 PM
Easy, now, Ulfor, you'll get your chance Sahaar says.
There are a few Bandits walking out of the camp. Whether they are getting supplies or just taking a wizz, we're going to take them out. My spells are prepared. Let's move.

The group douses the fire and sneaks toward the Bandits leaving the camp. They appear to be going toward a forest. Sahaar tries to jusge how many Slavers there are.

Sahaar makes a DC 12 Spot check.
Roll(1d20)+2:
4,+2
Total:6
FAIL

I can't see how many there are exactly, but it looks like there's only four. One of them is going off to the left. I'll take care of him. When I do, you two start picking off the remaining guards.

Sahaar slowly sneaks away form the other two adventurers. Soon, he is directly in front of the Bandit, although well hidden i the brush. He tries to be as quiet as possible.

Sahaar make a DC 13 move silently check.
Roll(1d20)+3:
17,+3
Total:20
SUCESS

He also uses Shocking Grasp and a move action to kill him.

DC 13 Concentration check
Roll(1d20)+2:
5,+2
Total:7

The electricity fizzles and dies out.
Dammit

Using his last action, Sahaar makes an attack of opportunity with his quarterstaff.

STR 13
Enemy AC 13

Roll(1d20)+13:
10,+13
Total:23

Damage
Roll(1d6)+0:
5,+0
Total:5

Enemy HP =5
5-5=0
Enemy is KO

The weapon smacks the Bandit's temple, hard. Sahaar grabs his body as it falls and gently lowers him to the ground, so as not to make any noise.
Beautiful. Sahaar says.
Alright, guys, it's your turn!

Helinon
2010-01-16, 03:21 PM
(You don't use the ability score, you use the modifier. for 13 you get a +1. Also, don't post the DCs. Makes it so we don't know if we fail them or not.)
ulfor nods his head and tries to make out the enemy. When he can't he moves towards the enemy's camp, bow drawn and an arrow nocked.

Spot [roll0]

Freshmeat
2010-01-16, 03:27 PM
(You don't use the ability score, you use the modifier. for 13 you get a +1. Also, don't post the DCs. Makes it so we don't know if we fail them or not.)

((Indeed. Also, AoO and concentration don't really work that way. Oh well.))

Milly grabs her crossbow and follows Ulfor, staying low in the underbrush.

Spot -[roll0]
Hide -[roll1]
Move Silently -[roll2]

Helinon
2010-01-16, 03:31 PM
Ulfor curses as his arrow misses his target, and now waits to see if he saw the arrow come at him.
(So i missed, but wasn't detected. How do you determin if they saw the arrow? Spot?)

Sahaar
2010-01-16, 04:30 PM
(I'm writing down the DC for me and the NPC Bandits so you know I'm not rigging it :P)

(Note: The bandits are in a circular clearing that is about 21 ft in diameter. We are hidden in the bushes)

The arrow misses the target, but it flies behind him. He does not see or hear it. You can try again on your next post, as they do not see us.

The bandit previously KOed by Sahaar falls to -1 hp.

Sahaar draws his crossbow and loads a bolt (2 actions)

He fires it into the back of the nearest Bandit target.
Roll(1d20)+3:
6,+3
Total:9

Gods dammit! Sahaar says under his breath.
The bandit notices the bolt fly past him, and alerts his teammates. They turn around and take a spot check. (DC 18)

Roll(1d20)+1:
13,+1

The bandits do not see anything, but they draw their weapons and spread out.

Using his last two actions, Sahaar loads and fires another bolt.

Roll(1d20)+3:
20,+3
Total:23

Sahaar's bolt hits an uncovered part of the bandits body and scores a critical hit.

Damage
Roll(1d8)+0:
3,+0
Total:3
CRIT (x2) =6

The bandit is KOed and brought to -1 HP automatically.
The bandits turn to face the downed bandit. One Ranger nocks an arrow and makes a DC 17 (I'm still hiding in the bushes) spot check to try and find Sahaar.

Roll(1d20)+1:
4,+1

Tanking his check, the Ranger does not see even the bright white fluffy rabbit bounding in front of him.

The other Slaves are now on alert, so their DCs for spot/listen checks will be reduced slightly.

Helinon
2010-01-16, 04:35 PM
Ulfor nocks another arrow and fires at the ranger. If it hits, he will fire the other bandit. If it doesn't, he will draw his sword, and charge the ranger, also roaring in fury, to cause fear into their hearts.
[roll0]
dmg [roll1]+2 (favored enemy)
If hit,[roll2]
dmg [roll3]+2 (favored enemy)
If miss, [roll4]+2 beacuse of charge.
dmg, [roll5]+2 (favored enemy)
Intimidate: [roll6]

They need to roll a better Sense Motive than my Intimidate or be frightened/shaken/related effect. Intimidate check only if i charge.

Sahaar
2010-01-16, 04:46 PM
The bandit makes his REF save, sadly.
Roll(1d20)+0:
13,+0
Total:13

But.. the charge:
Roll(1d20)+2:
15,+2
Total:17

Hits and does:
Roll(1d8)+1:
8,+1
Total:9 damage

The bandit is KOed and is at -4hp.

He turns to the direction the arrow came from and tries to listen to Ulfor's breathing (DC 20 Listen)

Roll(1d20)+1:
18,+1
Total:19

He fails and does not hear anything. He continues to search around while his friends talk.

What in the nine hells is going on? We have lost 2 men already and I can't see a damned thing!

Just be quiet and keep looking. It's dark, so it could just be a band of rival bandits ambushing us. Check the bushes.

Sahaar makes a Spot check (DC 16)
Roll(1d20)+1:
7,+1
Total:8

Sahaar still cannot figure out how many bandits there are. He uses two more actions to load and fire his crossbow. (2 left)

Attack
Roll(1d20)+3:
3,+3

Defense

Roll(1d20)+1:
18,+1

The bolt goes wide. Before the bandit can turn, Sahaar loads and fires again.

Attack
Roll(1d20)+3:
11,+3

Defense
Roll(1d20)+1:
4,+1

Damage
Roll(1d8)+0:
1,+0
Total:1

The second shot hits, but barely passes through the hide armor the Bandit is wearing.

The bandit makes a DC 15 spot check to try and find the source of the missile.
Roll(1d20)+1:
12,+1
He still does not see anything.

So, in summary:

Sahaar's targets:

1 is at -2hp
2 is at -3 hp
3 is at 4 hp

Ulfor's Target
-4 HP

Helinon
2010-01-16, 04:47 PM
(what happened to my charge? If i missed then i would have given up on stealth and charged them.)

Sahaar
2010-01-16, 04:54 PM
That unfortunate bandit you charged is now at -4hp. Nice charge!

I walk up to one of my downed targets and coup de grace his butt. He is now dead. (3 actions left)

I use 2 more actions to coup de grace the second downed enemy (1 action left)

I use my 3rd action to run back into the underbrush next to Milly.

Also, could you double-space when you are doing multi-rolls (like what you did before) That'll help big time.

Helinon
2010-01-16, 05:01 PM
As Ulfor reaches his target, already unconscious, he decides to do something no one expected. He attempts heal the bandit, so he doesn't bleed out. He does not bring him back to consciousness.
Heal check [roll0]

-1 health for bandit.

Helinon
2010-01-16, 05:04 PM
Once the bandit is stable, ulfor takes 20 for a Use rope check to tie up the bandit. Auto 24 on Use Rope

Sahaar
2010-01-16, 05:07 PM
DC 15 Heal check

Roll(1d20)+4:
13,+4

Pass. Bandit is stable.

Sahaar thinks he can hear footsteps aproaching. DC 18 Listen check.

Roll(1d20)+1:
8,+1

Sahaar hears nothing.

He then uses Action#2 to make a spot check to find any lingering bandits.

DC: 16

Roll(1d20)+1:
13,+1

Sahaar sees nothing. He shifts his postition to try to get a better view. (Action 3)

(Action 4) another DC 16 spot check

Roll(1d20)+0:
20,+0

Sahaar sees a bandit searching the bushes. However, he does not have sufficient actions to attack the bandit from here. He waits and hopes that the bandit does not move out of his LOS.

Unfotunately, the Bandit does, and Sahaar can no longer see his target.

Helinon
2010-01-16, 05:09 PM
If Sahar yells to use about the bandit, Ulfor will put his blade to his prisoner's neck. "One more move and your buddy gets it. Now out where we can see you."
Diplomacy/Intimidate [roll0]
Edit: Sweet!

Sahaar
2010-01-16, 05:13 PM
OMFG AWESOME

Intimidate check

Enemy

Roll(1d20)+1:
16,+1

You=23
Enemy=17

You win!

The Bandit nods at your proposal. You have conrol over him, now.

Edit: Doesn't look like Milly's a lot of help at the moment...

Edit2: When you kill an enemy, don't forget to add XP to your character sheet.

Helinon
2010-01-16, 05:21 PM
"Good. Now, get over here so i can tie you up, just as a precaution." Again, take 20 on Use rope. "Okay, now you are going to answer some questions for me. Then, I will decide your fate, though I will most likely let you live."

(Where are the slaves? Are they caged?)

Freshmeat
2010-01-16, 06:20 PM
Edit: Doesn't look like Milly's a lot of help at the moment...

((I go offline for a few hours and up to 4 people die or get KO'd before I get a chance to do anything? Huh? I like that the story is advancing, but at least give people the chance to actually do something. :smallfrown:

Random things:
- Could we please get an OOC thread to keep out-of-character discussions separate from in-game action? Since you're throwing DC's, rolls, bonuses and the success and failures of those rolls right in the middle of your posts, things are confusing enough as it is. I'd really advise using the forum roller too.
- What's up with those 'actions' (and how many are left). Is that something from 4E? As far as I know, you only get one standard action and one move action per round, not several.
- You don't roll reflex or 'defense' to see if something hits. You compare the armor class and the to-hit roll.
- How come people can take multiple actions, sometimes even in one and the same post? I'd sure like to move, reload and fire my crossbow multiple times during one single round, or fire, draw a weapon, charge and intimidate, but well, it doesn't work that way.
- How come that if the bandits fail their spot check, they don't see anyone and can't counterattack, but if Sahaar fails it, he sees everyone perfectly but can simply not pinpoint 'how many there are' and even then miraculously gets their numbers right anyway. I mean, come on. :smallannoyed:

I'm not trying to be offensive, but so much simply doesn't make sense here.))

Seeing that Ulfor is doing a good job in scaring the surviving bandit, Milly does her best to drag the bodies out of sight or at least cover them up so as to camouflage them, and goes through their pockets to find anything of value.

Sahaar
2010-01-16, 06:29 PM
Really? I thought I read something about multiple actions somewhere in the SRD.

The slaves are in the main camp (we think)
We are ambushing a group of I-don't-know-how-many-cuz-I-keep-failing-my-spot-checks bandits.

I can fail my spot checks and still see guys I've seen before. I do not claim to see other guys as well, only the guys already accounted for (assuming they haven't moved). Sorry if that was not clear.

A bandit makes an AoO against Sahaar. He has a dagger.

Roll(1d20)+1:
16,+1

He hits and does 2 damage to me. I've got 4hp left.

BTW, Freshmeat, Me and Helinon are on more than you, and are always responding to this thread here. If you are not online and we are, the story moves on, man. I mean, point out our mistakes, fine. But at least DO something when you actually are online.

Freshmeat
2010-01-16, 06:48 PM
BTW, Freshmeat, Me and Helinon are on more than you, and are always responding to this thread here. If you are not online and we are, the story moves on, man.

This thread was created only a few hours ago yet you claim to have a detailed idea of who is online more often than others? Seems odd.

I mean, point out our mistakes, fine. But at least DO something when you actually are online.

I already posted my actions, doing whatever made sense. Unless you want a small gnome to help with intimidation tactics? Basically, I'm waiting for the bandit to give us directions or something.

There's no need to take constructive criticism personally. I raised valid points, so why go on the counter-offensive? In fact, I think I'll bow out before this turns into something nasty anyway, as I must confess I don't place much faith in your behind-the-scenes rolls either, which only fail when people doubt your word, yet seem to succeed whenever it'd be cool or dramatically appropriate, and you ignore all requests to use the forum roller instead.

Sahaar
2010-01-17, 09:35 AM
On my honor, i'm being fair. Whatever the dice rolls come up as, that's what I post. I swear.

You don't have to quit. Please don't, we're all alone here against an army of slavers. At least play for awhile.

I think I'll just let you guys roll your own dice, to keep incidents like this from happening. I trust you guys.

Anyhow, rolling for initiative with this bandit.

Sahaar
Roll(1d20)+3:
17,+3

Bandit
Roll(1d20)+0:
7,+0

Sahaar wins Initiative.

Roll(1d20)+1:
1,+1
Total:2

But he fails to do any damage.

Roll(1d20)+1:
4,+1

And neither does the bandit.

Sahaar
2010-01-18, 03:26 PM
Since noone's going to post, I'll take another turn :(

Helinon, I would recommend subscribing, so you know when someone posts.

As stated above, I'm going to let you guys make your own Dice rolls, so noone thinks I'm being unfair.

Helinon's Rope usage (DC 15)
Roll(1d20)+4:
14,+4
Total:18

The Bandit is now our prisoner.

Roll for Initiative

Sahaar
Roll(1d20)+3:
6,+3

Bandit
Roll(1d20)+3:
5,+3

Sahaar wins initiative (Barely, phew!)

Attacking

Roll(1d20)+1:
8,+1

Sahaar's attakc does nothing (grr)

Bandit's attack back

Roll(1d20)+1:
20,+1
Total:21

He gets a critical ( although it doesn't mean anything, I took out dmg bonuses for CRITs, remember ;) )

Damage
Roll(1d4)+0:
1,+0

Sahaar has 3 hp left.

Helinon
2010-01-18, 03:55 PM
Ulfor strikes out at the bandit that attacked Sahaar while muttering a curse under his breath.
Hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Sahaar
2010-01-18, 05:08 PM
The Bandit is KOed and falls to the ground. He is at -2 hp.

Thank you!

Sahaar waits for a moment. He sees and hears nothing. When he is certain that there is nobody left, he Coup de Graces the downed bandit.

Very good, Ulfor, that Bandit could have easily outmatched me in hand-to-hand combat. For now, we will return to the camp, rest, and get some answers from that captive over there.

He points to the Bandit Ulfor had captured. The three of them return to their camp Ulfor questions the Bandit while Sahaar meditates nearby.

Helinon
2010-01-18, 05:16 PM
Ulfor goes to the bandit and starts speaking to him in hushed tone, which make him sound even more menacing than when his voice trembled with fury. "So, you see that I am a merciful man, giving all a chance to live while in my heart I desire nothing more than your utter destruction. You bandits killed my child, kidnapped my wife, and slaughtered my village. I will make you pay for all you have done, but I feel that the need for information is more important than my need for revenge. I will let you live, against my better judgment, if you answer all my questions. My first question is how many of you bandits are there?"

Sahaar
2010-01-18, 05:22 PM
The bandit is quiet for a long moment, then he speaks.

I have no idea how many of us there are in the camp. Easily over two hundred, but I'm not entirely sure. The leader is in the middle of the camp, in the largest tent. They placed the captives around his tent, so if you want to get to the captives, you're gonna have to get past several hundred men. Possibly even the bodyguards.

He chuckles.

Sahaar speaks from his trance. Your commander, what is he like?

You'd wouldn't want to mess with him. He's got a warhammer almost as big as he is, and a small repitoire of magical abilities as well, though only one does any damage.

What spell is it?

Uhh....I think he calls it ray of frost?

Hear that, Elfor? Our Slaver leader is a multiclasser. What is his wizard class level?

Oh....I dunno. Somehting like...4?

Sahaar frowns and continues to meditate.

Helinon
2010-01-18, 05:30 PM
"How many captives do you have?"

Sahaar
2010-01-18, 05:54 PM
Captives? Well....most of the ones we've got now are from that city we sacked the other day....That's about twenty....Most of them are women...

No surprises there.

...Most of them are Human, but some are Elves...We've got a halfling or two. We've also got this Drow....

Sahaar snaps out of his trance and is suddenly interested in the conversation

A Drow?

Yeah, a Drow. We captured her from this city a week ago...Yeah a week, that's about right. B**** put up a fight, she did. Broke the jaw of one of our rangers. When we found her in that city, she had a long knife on her. She killed about three of ours before someone had the sense to stun her with a poisoned arrow. We've had a problem selling her to someone, she keeps on fighting. Damn, she's a good fighter.

Can you describe this Drow? Hair, size, eyes?

Well....A bit shorter than you. White hair, a bit past ehr shooulders. Blood red eyes...

That's her. that's my mate, Lua.

Helinon
2010-01-18, 06:03 PM
"Do you have any slaves from villages you've sacked before?"

Sahaar
2010-01-18, 06:06 PM
One or two....but most we've sold already. We've got this one...from a city we sacked a few weeks ago....I haven't seen her for ages. An aasimar, she was. Do you know her?

An Aasimar? Ulfor?

Helinon
2010-01-18, 06:12 PM
"Yes. I do. Your leader had better hope that she has not been harmed in any way, or he will find that even after he dies, my spirit will make sure his existence is ended permanently. Those are all the questions I have for you, so leave. Trust me, you will not want to be anywhere near here by the time I'm done with your fellows. Lets go." Ulfor moves to a nearby tent and uses his flint and steel to light the tent on fire. "This will provide ample distraction for us to kill their leader."

Sahaar
2010-01-18, 06:27 PM
The two of them head into the forest, in a flanking position around the Slavers' camp. Soon, they find themselves facing the leader's tent. There appear to be some better armed guards around the tent.

Looks like there are a few bodyguards there. We don't want to alert them. But how do we go about doing it?

Sahaar and Ulfor slink closer. They stop at the side of a tent.

I can hear something.

The two try not to make any noise as they listen. Inside, they hear a gruff voice and a female conversing. The gruff voce sounded drunk.

At dawn, we move. Yud better get some sleep, cuz the trip back's bumpy as 'ell.

I cannot sleep. Not when I worry about you buffoons trying to rape us during the night.

Heh heh. Naww, I gotta get some shuteye, too. I gotta ride the horse that carries you t'morrow, and boy is she a b**** to ride.

There was silence, and Sahaar guesses that the slaver has left.

Okay, going in from the front probably isn't the best idea. But going around the side's not very smart, either. Hmm....

As if the gods themselves heard his lament, there was a sudden clamour and worried voices reached their ears.

Holy crap! We're being attacked!

What's going on? Whose attacking?

I don't know! We lost our west guard! Everybody, get your weapons!

The guards in front of the leader tent left their post and ran to the clamour of voices.

Sounds like we've got an ally, Ulfor. Come, while they're distracted. Let's free these slaves.

Helinon
2010-01-18, 07:06 PM
Ulfor nods at Sahaar and moves up to the tent. instead of moving into it, he instead lights it on fire, in a similar fashion to previously. he then moves back to the treeline and aims his bow at anyone who comes out of the tent.

Sahaar
2010-01-19, 07:31 AM
There are screams from inside.

Help!! We're chained to weights we can't move!

WE can't move!

Sahaar waits for a moment, then a slaver runs out of the tent, on fire. He drops to the ground, dead. Sahaar moves into the tent.

Inside are three guards. One is a female Aasimar. He unties the three of them.

Outside the tent is one of my allies. Go to him, we'll help you escape.

The slaves nod and run outside. One of them, the Aasimar, is struck by something and falls to the ground. When Sahaar looks to invetigate, there is a half-giant soldier (bodyguard) standing over the downed slave. He notices Sahaar. He readies a spell (Shocking Grasp).

Roll(1d20)+2:
20,+2
Total:22

The spell works, and Sahaar grabs the giant by the throat, electrifyinbg him.

Roll(1d6)+0:
6,+0

7-6 =1hp remaining.

The giant staggers backward. As Sahaar raises his weapon to fight again, the giant charges.

Sahaar stands his ground and swings his quarterstaff (directing a spell is a move action, I've stll got this left :/)

Roll initiative. The Half-giant is abnormally stupid, and gets -1 Initiative

Roll(1d20)+3:
5,+3

Roll(1d20)-1:
18,-1

Somehow, the Giant's momentum wings the battle i his favor.

Attack (+2 Bonus to STR)

Roll(1d20)+2:
18,+2

Hit

Roll(1d4)+0:
1,+0

Sahaar has 3hp left.

Roll(1d20)+1:
20,+1
Total:21

Sahaar hits a sensitive part (Guass which one, hint: the giant's a male ;) )

Roll(1d4)+0:
4,+0
CRIT x2
Total: 8

the giant is KOed and brought to -7 hp and is falling at -1. Sahaar picks up the Aasimar female and runs to find Ulfor.

Helinon
2010-01-19, 12:43 PM
Ulfor crys out in joy when he sees his wife, and goes to embrace her. "My love, I have missed you so much. Listen to me. You need to get out of here. Get to the forest and hide. I need to stay here and get the others out."

Sahaar
2010-01-19, 01:03 PM
I'm going back. Someone was there, killing the slavers.

Sahaar runs back into the compound, and sees a horse with a wagon in the back drive past him. Looking in, he sees several people chained up to the side of the cart.

Gods dammit! They're getting away!

Behind him, a Bandit raises his two-handed sword, prepared to kill Sahaar, but he is hit by a ball of flame and catches fire. He falls to the ground and dies.

Turning around, Sahaar sees a tall man with a longsword and shield. He is wearing a hood.

Go! I will cover you!

Sahaar runs back to Ulfor, leaving the strange man to kill the remaining Slavers, who are beginning to retreat.

Later that evening, the strange man pays them a visit. He claims to be an Elan, a psionic creature, named Se'herad. He was trailing the slavers. He knows where they are going.

If you allow me into your adventuring party, I can bring you to them, and we can defeat them together. What do you say?

Well, I'm all for extra help. What do you think, Ulfor?

Helinon
2010-01-19, 01:05 PM
"Yes. My friends and wife are on the way back to the village, but I will not allow these bandits to do any more damage. We will need all the help we can get. Lead the way."

Sahaar
2010-01-19, 01:16 PM
Thank you. My name is Se'hedar. I am a Psion. Those slavers attacked my city. They captured my sister and my beloved. I know where they are going. Follow me.

Helinon
2010-01-19, 01:37 PM
"Lets move" Ulfor silently follows Se'hedar.

Sahaar
2010-01-19, 03:14 PM
The group travels for several days, following Se'hedar's directions. Soon, they come upon a city. There are two guards at the front.

Okay. Here is where those Slavers bring their captives to sell. WE have to get past those two guards WITHOUT KILLING THEM. They have a somplicated network of communication, and if one dies, everyone knows.

Yes. Maybe we could Bluff them? Ulfor, I believe that is your area of expertese?

Helinon
2010-01-19, 07:44 PM
Ulfor shrugs. "I'm the best at it, but i might be able to get past them. Failing that, we just know both of them out."

Sahaar
2010-01-20, 12:20 PM
Alrighty, Ulfor. Go ahead.

Helinon
2010-01-20, 12:39 PM
Ulfor walks up to the guards acting like he knew exactly what he was doing. "I'm back from scouting and I need to report back. Let me pass."
Bluff [roll0]

Sahaar
2010-01-21, 11:04 AM
the guard eyes you suspiciously.

What group are you in?

(Make another Bluff check,. DC 13)

Helinon
2010-01-21, 11:06 AM
"Look, I'd love to answer your questions about how you doubt i'm not a scout, but I really need to deliver my report. Could I pass?"
[roll0]
Well.....This is bad.

Sahaar
2010-01-22, 07:35 AM
Yeah...Really.

(For combat purposes, the guards count as regular Bandits)

Alright. Get lost, before we do something you're really not going to like.

Screw this

Energy ray--DC 14

Roll(1d20)+4:
12,+4
Total:16

Se'herad fires Energy Ray at the first guard.

Roll(1d4)+1:
4,+1

The guard is KO. Sahaar Coup De Graces him.

Ulfor gains 30 XP for trying ^^

Sahaar
2010-02-05, 09:07 PM
The group moves into the city. They get in to the town square unhampered. In the square, dozens of slaves are put up for sale. Sahaar recognizes one of them.

"There she is! That's her!" He points at a young-looking Drow Female. Without warning, he runs off.

Damned Drow! Come on, we'll need to sneak past those guards.

Light-Hero
2010-02-06, 10:27 AM
A small, but robust figure steps out of the shadows of an alley. He walks over to Sher'ad as one with a calm attitude. catching the psions gaze he says:

Exuse me good sir, but I could not help noticing you sating the words " we to get past the guards ". Well, I don't know your agenda, but it does not seem supporting towards these brigands. I believe we have a common course. Could a honest dwarf lend a hand in your struggles?

Sahaar
2010-02-06, 11:41 AM
Se'herad turns to the dwarf.

I suppose, since Sahaar just about went and killed himself. Let's go take out those 'salesmen'.

Light-Hero
2010-02-07, 05:53 AM
Aye. Do you have a plan of attack, or are we just getting inspired along the way?

Sahaar
2010-02-09, 07:47 AM
Our plan of attack is to kill the guards, rescue the slaves, then get the hell out of here.

In the distance, Sahaar is being overrun.

Light-Hero
2010-02-14, 05:21 AM
The what are we standing here for? Time to get tripping, you will get later.

Sahaar
2010-02-14, 10:54 AM
Se'herad casts Energy Ray at the nearest guard.

Concentration check (DC 15)

Roll(1d20)+4:
13,+4

Passed.

Damage

Roll(1d6)+0:
1,+0
Total:1 (Fire)

Se'herad stares in shock as his attack does almost nothing to his attacker, who is now charging straight at him.

(Guard has 5 HP left, Se'herad has 4 Power Points left)

Light-Hero
2010-02-15, 06:00 AM
Thorak charges to intercept the bandit.

Roll (1d20) +7 (3 base atk + 2 str + 2 charge bonus

Roll(1d20)+7:
12,+7

I guess it a hit since 17 is

dmg

Roll(2d6)+2:
2,5,+2

Sahaar
2010-02-15, 12:20 PM
The guard is knocked flying. He is at -4HP and dying.

Se'herad uses his action to coup-de-grace him. Both characters gain 30 XP

Light-Hero
2010-02-17, 02:11 PM
Okay Thorak charges the next grunt, but keeps a 10 ft distance

Roll(1d20)+7:
15,+7

hit a guess

Roll(2d6)+0:
5,5,+0
Total:10

Bawm

Sahaar
2010-02-17, 06:04 PM
Enemy is KOed and falls at -5 hp. He is dying. You gain 30 XP for the KO.

attacking the third guard with longsword.

Roll(1d20)+2:
9,+2
Total:11

Fail :(

The guard hits back

Roll(1d20)+1:
5,+1

Epic fail :)

Light-Hero
2010-02-18, 09:17 AM
is he within my treathen area?

Sahaar
2010-02-18, 03:24 PM
Yes, he is.

Attacking the guard

Roll(1d20)+2:
11,+2

Hit

Damage

Roll(1d8)+0:
7,+0

KOed and unconcious at -2hp and dying. Se'herad gains 35 XP.

2 guards left, people! Don't forget to add your XP when you kill a bandit!

Light-Hero
2010-02-18, 06:33 PM
Thorak takes a shot at the next bandit

Roll(1d20)+5:
12,+5

Hit

Roll(2d6)+2:
3,2,+2

die you low life encounter

Sahaar
2010-02-18, 07:43 PM
Where the heck is Helinon?

Final Guard

Casting Matter Agitation

Roll(1d20)+0:
15,+0

Pass

Does 1 damage to the guard. He begins to grunt in pain as he notices his skin becoming agitated. He charges Se'herad

Roll initiative (I know we haven't been doing this, sorry)

Guard
Roll(1d20)+0:
4,+0
Total:4

Se'herad

Roll(1d20)+0:
11,+0

Se'herad attacks first.

Roll(1d20)+2:
16,+2

Hit

Roll(1d8)+0:
5,+0

Guard has 1 hp left.

Guard attacks

Roll(1d20)+0:
15,+0
Total:15

BARELY

damage

Roll(1d4)+0:
2,+0

Se'herad has 5 hp left.

Light-Hero
2010-02-19, 06:48 AM
rolling ini

Roll(1d20)+1:
3,+1

but I guess its Thorak's turn

Roll(1d20)+5:
19,+5
Total:24

hit

rolling dmg

Roll(2d6)+2:
3,5,+2

And he's out

Sahaar
2010-02-19, 07:31 AM
Matter agitation does damage.

Roll(1d6)+0:
1,+0

His clothes begin to catch fire, he falls to the ground screaming and trying to get his clothes off (eww) Se'herad + Thorak gain 35 XP.

With the guards defeated, The three follow Sahaar. They see a group of four guards standing around a fallen Sahaar. Se'herad gasps.

He's dead.

Composing himself, Se'herad walks up to the guards.

Hello, our slaves and crew are stationed nearby. Which way to the....er.....selling area? the bazaar?

You're slavers?

Bluff check vs Sense Motive

Se'herad
Roll(1d20)+0:
16,+0

Guard
Roll(1d20)+0:
3,+0
OWNED

The bazaar is over tere, next to the guard towers. Take your time, though, another band of slavers has just arrived and is selling their wares. there's a good-looking drow female in there. Heh heh.

The group follows the guards directions. Everybody gains +10 XP for good Roleplaying.

Light-Hero
2010-02-19, 11:11 AM
should we not have avenged the death of your comrade ?

Sahaar
2010-02-19, 03:54 PM
As much as I would have liked to, no. That would have caused an unnessecary conflict, and would probably have attracted more guards. We are trying to rescue these slaves-to-be with as little bloodshed as possible. While I know, seeing as how many we've already killed, that may sound ironic, but we cannot let those slavers escape!

The three enters the bazaar area. There is a large podium, where the leader of the band of slavers is making offers.

Dammit! we have less time than I thought. Everybody, split up. Kill the guards, then make your way to the podium. Surround them!

Before he leaves, Se'herad turns to Thorak.

Looks like we'll have to take the violent way out.

Guards remaining: 10

Using up a PP for Energy ball. (2 left)

Roll(1d20)+0:
19,+4

goes off

Roll(1d6)+0:
4,+0

Guard is hit in the back with an energy ball. He has 1 HP left.

He turns and charges. Roll INIT

Guard
Roll(1d20)+0:
11,+0

Se'herad
Roll(1d20)+0:
10,+0

Guard attacks first.

Roll(1d20)+0:
7,+0

Blocked. Hooray for high AC! (15)

Attack back.
Roll(1d20)+0:
10,+2
Total:12

Also blocked. CQB is a stalemate, but the guard has 1 hp left :)

Light-Hero
2010-02-20, 08:07 AM
thorak rolling ini

Roll(1d20)+2:
6,+2

AOO (atk of opportunity) because i have reach

Roll(1d20)+5:
17,+5

dmg

Roll(2d6)+2:
5,5,+2
Total:12

he's down

Thorak circles around ready to make AOO against anyone who charges him.

Come here you weaklings, that can't even make a fly change its direction by hitting it.

and I Guess they will attack Thorak meaning double AOO (combat reflexes)

Roll(1d20)+5:
8,+5

Don't know if that one will hit.

and

Roll(1d20)+5:
20,+5
Total:25

Crit threat

Roll(1d20)+5:
14,+5

confirmed

dmg

Roll(6d6)+2: (2d6+2 x 3)
2,4,6,5,4,3,+2
Total:26

And he's a bloody spot on then ground.

Sahaar
2010-02-20, 06:47 PM
Remember guys, if you do NOT kill a guard on your first turn of combat, he attacks you on the Guard's turn. If you do kill him, a second guard (if any are left) will attack you. You CAN kill 2 guards in one round this way.

And you guys ARE remembering to add XP to your characters, right?

Guards remaining: 9

Roll init

Guard
Roll(1d20)+0:
13,+0

Se'herad
Roll(1d20)+0:
17,+0

Se'herad attacks first.

Roll(1d20)+2:
20,+2

CRIT!

Damage

Roll(1d20)+0:
2,x2
Down.

Guard #3 attacks Se'herad.

init

Guard
Roll(1d1)+0:
1,+0

Se'herad
Roll(1d20)+0:
11,+0

Damage

Roll(1d8)+0:
6,+0
Down.

C'mon, you cowards. Let's do this!

Guards left: 7

That's 70 XP this turn. Whew!

Light-Hero
2010-02-21, 03:59 AM
K but my atks were for free (AtkOO) and I still don't know if my first one hit.

Now my real atk begins

Roll(1d20)+5:
5,+5

not a hit

guard no. 4

Roll(1d20)+0:
4,+0

not a hit

guard no. 5

Roll(1d20)+0:
9,+0

Sahaar
2010-02-21, 08:50 AM
Guard's AC is 13.

Se'herad attacks guard # 4 from behind. AOO.

Roll init

Guard
Roll(1d20)+0:
6,+0

Se'herad
Roll(1d20)+0:
8,+0

Se'herad goes first.
Roll(1d20)+2:
15,+2

hit

DMG

Roll(1d8)+0:
8,+0

Dead. 6 Guards left.

Guard attacks me. Roll init.

Guard
Roll(1d20)+0:
13,+0

Se'herad
Roll(1d20)+0:
16,+0

Attack from Se'herad
Roll(1d20)+2:
8,+2

Does not hit

Guard
Roll(1d20)+0:
18,+0

Hit

Damage form guard

Roll(1d4)+0:
3,+0

Se'herad takes 3 dmg. He has 2 HP left.

Light-Hero
2010-02-21, 05:17 PM
okay

But then

ini

guard no 4

Roll(1d20)+0:
4,+0

thorak

Roll(1d20)+2:
3,+2

to hit
throak
Roll(1d20)+5:
9,+5

hit

Roll(2d6)+2:
4,2,+2

downed

next guard no 7 (I guess)
ini
guard
Roll(1d20)+0:
9,+0

thorak
Roll(1d20)+2:
11,+2

to hit
Roll(1d20)+5:
15,+5

hit

dmg
Roll(2d6)+2:
5,3,+2

and down

4 guards left. I'm a fighter, i'm cut out for this thing.

Sahaar
2010-02-21, 05:53 PM
Yeah, really.

Init

Guard
Roll(1d20)+0:
13,+0

Se'herad
Roll(1d20)+0:
19,+0

Se'herad goes 1st

Roll(1d20)+2:
18,+2

Hit

Damage

Roll(1d8)+0:
7,+0

Down. 3 Guards left.

Guard attacks Se'herad. roll init

Guard
Roll(1d20)+0:
17,+0

Se'herad
Roll(1d20)+0:
14,+0

Guard attacks

Roll(1d20)+0:
16,+0

Hit

Roll(1d4)+0:
1,+0

Se'herad is on his last HP.

Se'herad attacks back.

Roll(1d20)+2:
11,+2

Hit

Damage

Roll(1d8)+0:
6,+0

Down. 2 Guards left. Se'herad pulls back a bit to support Thorak with his Psionic abilities and not die.

Light-Hero
2010-02-22, 12:54 PM
Thorak swings again

ini
thorak
Roll(1d20)+1:
16,+1

guard no 9
Roll(1d20)+1:
4,+1

Thorak first

Roll(1d20)+5:
2,+5

guard
Roll(1d20)+0:
11,+0

the armour took the blow

ini

thorak
Roll(1d20)+1:
3,+1

guard no 10
Roll(1d20)+0:
14,+0

hitting
Roll(1d20)+0:
13,+0

"klong"

Roll(1d20)+5:
13,+5

dmg
Roll(2d6)+2:
1,3,+2

I don't know if that killed him

Sahaar
2010-02-22, 07:38 PM
Guards have 5 hp, you killed him.

Only 3 guards to go!

Rolling for the 2nd-last PP. Using Energy Ball

Roll(1d20)+4:
20,+4

BANG

Damage

Roll(1d6)+0:
2,+0

Guard 7 has 4 hp left.

Light-Hero
2010-02-23, 08:37 AM
Thorak keeps swinging

ini
guard no 7
Roll(1d20)+0:
18,+0

thorak

Roll(1d20)+1:
5,+1

hitting
guard
Roll(1d20)+0:
10,+0

thorak
Roll(1d20)+5:
11,+5

dmg
Roll(2d6)+2:
5,1,+2

2 guards left

ini
guard no 8
Roll(1d20)+0:
3,+0

thorak
Roll(1d20)+1:
8,+1

hitting
Roll(1d20)+5:
9,+5

dmg
Roll(2d6)+2:
3,3,+2

1 guard left

Sahaar
2010-02-23, 05:22 PM
Se'herad shoots the final guard

Roll(1d20)+5:
19,+5

Psionic power goes off

Roll(1d6)+0:
6,+0

Guard is dead. Everybody gains 400 XP for winning the epic battle.

The slavers are getting away! Hurry, let's follow them!

Light-Hero
2010-03-01, 04:02 PM
"Sorry i haven't been posting put stuff got in the way. I am sorry to sat this put stuff is making me quit this campaign, though it was starting to get exciting. Thanks for my first PbP game."

Sahaar
2010-03-02, 05:50 PM
I think I'm going to cancel the campaign. It's been a good ride, but we're not really getting anywhere. Sorry guy(s)