PDA

View Full Version : More fun with poisons! [3.5]

Darius Rae
2010-01-16, 02:43 PM
After reading the threads here about poisons and skimming this awesome thread http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=4854.0 I have been brainstorming lots of fun things that one could do with poisons.

To easily get some low level poisons, I would imagine that one could summon a fiendish scorpion and then ask it in infernal to sting some vials.

Any character that has parchment and an ink pen could have fun by mixing the poison in with the ink. This could possibly allow a character to get past guards for a chance to stab some important figure with the pen (tiny dagger) to inflict the poison.

In the Sandstorm entry about clerics of Al-Istus, the book talks about how the clerics will poison the holy symbols (possibly using them as tiny daggers)

My favorite use for ingested poisons would have to be putting them in food and having a bard use suggestion, "Here, I baked you a cake. Go ahead and eat it."

Do any of you use poisons in your games? What interesting ways have you used them? Have the poisons ever backfired?

Kelb_Panthera
2010-01-16, 02:56 PM
I haven't had the occasion to use it yet, but I always have a +1 dagger with a dose of colossal scorpion venom in one of those capsules from complete adventurer (?) just in case we find something that's got just a little more str than I'm comfortable with. DC 56, you will fail the save.

Grumman
2010-01-16, 03:10 PM
I haven't had the occasion to use it yet, but I always have a +1 dagger with a dose of colossal scorpion venom in one of those capsules from complete adventurer (?) just in case we find something that's got just a little more str than I'm comfortable with. DC 56, you will fail the save.
On a similar note, I've mentioned before about the halfling that carries a cocktail of Retch and Dark Reaver Powder on her person, for when she needs to persuade something that no, halfings aren't edible.

Darius Rae
2010-01-16, 03:12 PM
no, halfings aren't edible.

In Athas, halflings eat you!

Draxar
2010-01-16, 05:21 PM
In Soviet Athas, halfling eats you!

Fixed that for you.

Foryn Gilnith
2010-01-16, 05:33 PM

DC 56? The only place I can find colossal scorpion venom is Dungeonscape, and it's DC 33 there.