PDA

View Full Version : Help with a posible replacement PC 3.5

Dusk Eclipse
2010-01-16, 03:42 PM
Last night's session we finished in a quite difficult situation, we are in the mournlands with two cadaver collectors in sight.

Now this is not a problem for the rest of the party (pyrokinetist with a living burning flames companion (houseruled ) and an elan kynetist) but for me the shifter rogue/ninjaspy, I am in real danger because my primary damage dealing methods (SA and posion) won't work and because Resurection magic is quite rare in this campaing I think I better prepare a replacement for my PC

My first thought was to play a shifter Swordsage, a psychic rogue or maybe a beguiler.... but really I am at a loss here

We still need to fill the skill monkey role but I don't know which to play so does the Playground have any insight that could help me?

Sinfire Titan
2010-01-16, 03:50 PM
Why are you playing a Rogue without Penetrating Strike (Dungeonscape) or wands of Gravestrike/Golemstrike (Spell Compendium)?

Swordsage, Warblade, or Crusader, and be a Warforged. Self-Healing and you don't need to worry about the Mournlands.

Edit: Human Factotum 8/Warblade 12. Take Font of Inspiration as much as you can afford.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-01-16, 03:52 PM
Why are you playing a Rogue without Penetrating Strike (Dungeonscape) or wands of Gravestrike/Golemstrike (Spell Compendium)?

Why I am playing a rogue without penetrating strike, when we started the campaing we didn't know about Dungeonscape, and as for the wands... It is actually my fault as I forgot about them.

Reptar
2010-01-16, 04:02 PM
or you could always just hide like the ninja rouge you are, you don't need to fight all fights, that's not the point of a skill monkey.

Though if your set on dieing, artificers from that campaign setting make interesting skill monkeys, especially war-forged ones. If you paint yourself blue you'll be identical to megaman, arm blaster and all.

Evard
2010-01-16, 04:11 PM
Druid and if you run into any good monsters take one of their corpse and study it so you have a justifiable reasons for being able to shape shift into it :D..

But if you want to stay a little sneaky... go scout (i think there is a way to go martial scout). You get a bonus to attacks plus they effect just about everything (i think lol)

deuxhero
2010-01-16, 04:16 PM
That requires the swift hunter feat plus taking the target you want to precision damage as your FE.

But yeah, Swift Hunter Ranger/Scout would be good.

Draz74
2010-01-16, 04:18 PM
Factotum (or Factotum/Warblade), Swordsage (with a Rogue dip), and Psychic Rogue all sound like good options.

Beguiler is probably fine too, but I'm not the biggest fan of it myself, and a lot of things that are immune to Sneak Attack are also immune to some of the Beguiler's best spells.