PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5] Arcane & Divine Spellcaster.

Treemma
2010-01-16, 03:53 PM
Hello everyone!

As the topic says, I am looking for a way to mix a Wizard and Cleric in a matter what would provide me with 9th level spells.
At the moment I am only able to squeeze it to 8th levelspells with this build:

Wizard 3
Cleric 3
Mystic Theurge 10 (DM p.192)
True Necromancer 4 (Libris Mortis p.51)

It seems its those four levels of True Necromaner killing the build, but I do not have any books that offers any other class with both arcane and divine spellcaster levels.

If anyone could provide me with a tip or class for 3.5 only - to get me to spellcaster level 17, I'd love you!

Thanks in advance!

Lord of Syntax
2010-01-16, 03:56 PM
PROTIP: read the handbook on brilliant gameologists

Sstoopidtallkid
2010-01-16, 05:44 PM
There are ways, but none of them are Cleric/Wizard. Even if not using those, go with Archivist over Cleric, it's less MAD. Druid 3/Wizard 3/MT 4/Arcane Heirophant 10 gets you dual 9s, as does Ur-priest, Shadowcaster, or Sublime Chord. Early entry shenanigans like Precocious Apprentice, Versatile Spellcaster, or Southern Magician etc can get you 9th in one class at the cost of the other's progression.

Treemma
2010-01-16, 05:57 PM
There are ways, but none of them are Cleric/Wizard. Even if not using those, go with Archivist over Cleric, it's less MAD. Druid 3/Wizard 3/MT 4/Arcane Heirophant 10 gets you dual 9s, as does Ur-priest, Shadowcaster, or Sublime Chord. Early entry shenanigans like Precocious Apprentice, Versatile Spellcaster, or Southern Magician etc can get you 9th in one class at the cost of the other's progression.

Thanks Sstoopidtallkid, excatly what I needed - and I will strongly consider the Druid/Wizard.

However, at Lord of Syntax's advice, I poked around at Brilliantgameologists' fora and found the Warmage1/Rainbow Servant 10 build.

What confuses me however is, that I'd be spellcaster level 7 (At level 11?) but able to cast level nine cleric spells, or, must I find a way to buff my spellcaster level to 17 - Because that wouldn't be possible pre-epic, or am I mistaken?

-Thanks in advance!

Tyndmyr
2010-01-16, 06:10 PM
There's a way...it involves early entry and arcane heirophant, IIRC.

Still, it's vastly easier to just grab two levels in Ur-Priest, then Mystic Theurge it up. It makes for a much simpler build, and likely a better one as well, since it only takes up a total of 10 of your precious PrC levels, allowing you to dabble in other things as well.

Caster level can be buffed independently of actually taking levels, even in core. For example, an orange ioun stone will provide you with +1CL. Some of the speedy advancement classes, such as Sublime Chord, also have non-standard CL advancement, allowing you to boost it pretty high.