PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Details=Epic ?!

AirGuitarGod32
2010-01-16, 07:41 PM
My DM states our characters are in a dream state where we are 40th level, while our mortal bodies are 1st (I was Lv 0 "technically", being my Dm, fed up with me taking so long made me Drow). We ended up at Lv 18, but my Haxblade/Bladesinger was killed by a Half-White Dragon Half-Troll's greatsword outside of the dreamworld. so I rerolled and made myself a Grey Orc Cleric of Talos 8/Stormlord 10 in the non-dreamworld. in dreamworld, im a 40th level rendition, which adds a few levels of contemplative and dracolyte. My allies were a Favored Soul of Pelor who later became a Ratling Ninja, a Grey Elf Warmage/Sorcerer, a Dwarf Knight, and a Human Frost Mage/Elemental Savant.

How will this party last, in theory?

Kylarra
2010-01-16, 08:26 PM
How will this party last, in theory?
Given your history? I'd give it about 2 days before you come back and post questions about a totally different game and character.

AirGuitarGod32
2010-01-16, 08:30 PM
Given your history? I'd give it about 2 days before you come back and post questions about a totally different game and character.

thats just mean

Kylarra
2010-01-16, 08:32 PM
I'm not trying to be mean, it's just a statement of fact.

Anyway, you mostly seem to be full casters, except that dwarf knight. the multiclassed sorc is weird, but between you, the favored soul and the frost mage, you have the epic spellcasting is a win buttons, so yeah.

AirGuitarGod32
2010-01-16, 08:39 PM
I'm not trying to be mean, it's just a statement of fact.

Anyway, you mostly seem to be full casters, except that dwarf knight. the multiclassed sorc is weird, but between you, the favored soul and the frost mage, you have the epic spellcasting is a win buttons, so yeah.

I meant the Favored Soul died and became a ninja

Kylarra
2010-01-16, 09:29 PM
Oh well, still two epic casters maybe 3 with that sorc...

Dienekes
2010-01-16, 09:30 PM
thats just mean

But pretty funny

vanyell
2010-01-16, 09:41 PM
and sadly true

AirGuitarGod32
2010-01-16, 10:15 PM
You all can actually be quite cruel when you want to be...

So is my build ok, or did I jack up bad?

taltamir
2010-01-16, 10:40 PM
1. what houserules?
2. do you have epic casting?
3. Epic is full of win buttons, epic is broken as hell, epic is not playable (as written). your DM needs lots and lots of houserules to make epic "work".
4. the key to "winning DnD" is to have an epic caster... level or class is completely irrelevant, so are feats... just be an epic caster of any kind and you win DnD. An epic caster is much more powerful then any god ever printed by WOTC
5. Epic casters don't adventure, they lock themselves in their demiplane and ascend by increasing all their capabilities to arbitrarily high amounts.
6. Epic casters can make themselves immune to everything BUT epic magic. (and can probably avoid that too).

AirGuitarGod32
2010-01-16, 11:25 PM
1. what houserules?
2. do you have epic casting?
3. Epic is full of win buttons, epic is broken as hell, epic is not playable (as written). your DM needs lots and lots of houserules to make epic "work".
4. the key to "winning DnD" is to have an epic caster... level or class is completely irrelevant, so are feats... just be an epic caster of any kind and you win DnD. An epic caster is much more powerful then any god ever printed by WOTC
5. Epic casters don't adventure, they lock themselves in their demiplane and ascend by increasing all their capabilities to arbitrarily high amounts.
6. Epic casters can make themselves immune to everything BUT epic magic. (and can probably avoid that too).

Epic Spellcasting is nerfed. An epic spellcaster can create a spell, but "Rule Zero" is VERY much in play. One can only create a spell that the DM approves of. (ie: I, using the epic stormlord, cannot cast a spell that, by DM's rule, cannot deal more than 2x my ECL dX or summon a monster over some degree above our CR. I however can cast a lightning spell that also demoralizes foes and deals additional thunder damage and a little fire damage, but within DM's allowances)

taltamir
2010-01-16, 11:27 PM
1. any other rules?
2. how does mitigation work? because without mitigation epic spells are not worth casting, period.

AirGuitarGod32
2010-01-16, 11:32 PM
1. any other rules?
2. how does mitigation work? because without mitigation epic spells are not worth casting, period.

None I can think of off the top of my head

and as for mitigation, I haven't actually read Epic Handbook, so I'm not really Mr. Epic Spellcaster Expert (Hell, I usually simply play melee)