PDA

View Full Version : character fan clubs

zoobob9
2010-01-17, 12:48 AM
as i and most likely you have seen, a ot of people have "member/founder of the Roy/blkar/whoever fanclub". are these people serious? and if so WHY don't they put the link in their signature? and if any of the fanclubs have openings i would like to join.

Lord of Syntax
2010-01-17, 01:39 AM
I cast Summon Roland St. Jude IX!
*gets popcorn* :amused:

FujinAkari
2010-01-17, 01:49 AM

Ummm... why?

Anyway, to the OP, I'm not exactly sure what your initial question was, some of the grammar was confusing, but the people are serious... well, about as serious as "Member of the Guy with the Halberd fanclub" can be :).

As to openings, yes, all fanclubs have openings. Put something character appropriate in your signature. However, do be aware that posting threads involving fanclubs is generally frowned upon since they only clutter up the forum, but you are certainly able to sport your hero's colors in your signature :)

Despite the second poster, a thread like this is fine, so don't feel bad about breaking the 'no threads about fanclubs' rule since honest questions are ok (though Roland may still lock it since the question is now answered)

Darius1020
2010-01-17, 01:50 AM
just say your in the club, no one cares enough to tell you to take it out of your sig

FujinAkari
2010-01-17, 02:43 AM
just say your in the club, no one cares enough to tell you to take it out of your sig

That depends, an inappropriate signature "Chief Manicurist and Mohito Mixer for the O-chul Fan Club" would be unacceptable :P

Silverraptor
2010-01-17, 02:49 AM

Your spell fails since Roland doesn't respond to such things. He comes when he pleases.

But anyways, the point of the fan clubs is to put something fun in your signature pretty much saying you like that character. Fan clubs are pretty much non-existent because what FujinAkari on cluttering up the board.

Ancalagon
2010-01-17, 06:33 AM
To clear the question of the poster:

There are no links to "fanclub threads" because fanclub threads are illegal (this one is probably fine because you ask a legit question, but you could not make a "XXXX fanclub-thread").

If you want to be a member of a fanclub or create a new one, just put your fanclub-stuff in your signature and you are done.

The reason for this is that there were like a millionplusone fanclub-threads for basically... everyone and everything.