PDA

View Full Version : Maneuvers

Temotei
2010-01-17, 04:50 PM
What are your favorite maneuvers? Favorite disciplines in general?

And the why is cool too. :smallbiggrin:

The Dark Fiddler
2010-01-17, 04:55 PM
Setting Sun and Shadow Hand are pretty fun for that Monk feeling with more awesome.

Eldariel
2010-01-17, 05:24 PM
Diamond Mind. 'cause it's right in-between the eyes.

Longcat
2010-01-17, 05:25 PM
Iron Heart. Between precise cuts, parries, whirlwind attacks and indomitable willpower, this school offers many things a mundane swordsman would want.

Shpadoinkle
2010-01-17, 06:32 PM
I like Iron Heart a lot because it pretty much grants exactly what the regular fighter should have been able to do.

Mongoose87
2010-01-17, 06:37 PM
I love War Master's Charge. It's great, since my parties are always melee-oriented, having everyone lay the smack down at once.

Dienekes
2010-01-17, 06:38 PM
Another for Iron Heart, it has the closest feel to a mundane fighter type.

lsfreak
2010-01-17, 07:07 PM
Diamond Mind: You can play it off as either someone just with brute strength, or as someone with exceptional skills. (Nightmare Blade series, Avalanche of Blades, Insightful Strike)

Tiger Claw: Agile swashbuckling, or animalistic frenzy. Great with dual-wielding and one of the best only ways to play a TWF that's not sneak/skirmish-based. (Mongoose, Windmill Fleshrip, and the jumping maneuvers)

Devoted Spirit: Efficient in-combat healing!

Kyrthain
2010-01-17, 08:03 PM
I love Iron heart for its simplicity: You're just awesome with swords/axes/whatever.
Also Manticore Parry. Especially once you have Uncanny Dodge.

Let's say two rogues decide to backstab you:
Rogue 1: SNEAK ATTACK!
Warblade: I didn't even know you were there. Feh. You hit your buddy instead of me.
Rogue 2: GACK!

:smallbiggrin:

Dusk Eclipse
2010-01-17, 08:08 PM
Shadow Hand: Sneakiness (sp?) YES!!! Teletransportation ...YES!!!!

Tiger Claw: Bestial Fury Unleashed, and some of the best names (Girallon Windimil R.I.P [bad pun I know])

And as for favorite manouber.... Shadow Blink

Draz74
2010-01-17, 08:13 PM
Setting Sun, because "turn their own strength against them." And imagining the look on the attackers' faces when you successfully dodge an attack using Baffling Defense.

Tiger Claw, because it really evokes a particular feel. And yet it's so useful for so many kinds of melee builds. (TWF? Check. Crit-based? Check! Not really either of those, but at least I can afford a bunch of skill points in Jump? Check!! All three themes? SUPER-CHECK!)

shadow_archmagi
2010-01-17, 08:15 PM
Diamond Mind. Makes me feel like the scarlet pimpernel/marth.

The elegant school for the elegant swordsman.

Zaydos
2010-01-17, 08:29 PM
Iron Heart: Cause it is the warriors' discipline. Simple skill at it's ultimate pinnacle.
Diamond Mind: You clear your mind and become one with the void then strike.
White Raven: I like charging.

SurlySeraph
2010-01-17, 10:10 PM
Diamond Mind, because I like the fluff of having such perfect comprehension and focus that you can stab someone 20 times in a round or kill someone with a teacup.

Shadow Hand, for sneakiness.

Greater Insightful Strike is my favorite maneuver, since the damage you do is entirely independent of your weapon. You can use it to kill someone with a paperclip.

ShippoWildheart
2010-01-18, 12:26 AM
So far from what little time I managed to play my Crusader, Devoted Spirit is a fave of mine. Nothing like combat healing that truly makes a Crusader seem like a holy tank/meatshield. It also fixes the problem most martial characters have: the ability to take the damage an equal CR level creature can dish out. At level 5, I only lost ~15ish HP from fighting several skeletons, some undead, and a Dullahan, and the cleric didn't heal me once in between all that. :biggrin:

FlamingKobold
2010-01-18, 12:47 AM
Iron Heart Surge. You just won life.

But I really like desert wind, because fire is fun :smallsmile:

Sstoopidtallkid
2010-01-18, 12:53 AM
Diamond Mind. You need no weapon except your mind.

Tiger claw is #2. Primarily because I love the idea of turning into a whirling dervish until the only things remaining in the general vicinity are you, several gallons of blood, and some ground beef.

Yeah, I'm a mess of contradictions.

Draz74
2010-01-18, 01:02 AM
Yeah, I'm a mess of contradictions.

This particular contradiction happens to be incredibly synergistic in terms of game mechanics ...

Temotei
2010-01-18, 01:03 AM
This particular contradiction happens to be incredibly synergistic in terms of game mechanics ...

Funny how that works. :smallamused:

Kaiyanwang
2010-01-18, 02:51 AM
Tiger Claw because boosts TWF, Charge, Full Attacks, Jumps and overall my ideal muscular and ferocious meleer.