PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Dragonwrought

evil-frosty
2010-01-17, 11:56 PM
I just got Races of teh Dragon a few days ago and was reading, and i came across the feat Dragonwrought. Reading it i found that it to be an alright feat, but i always hear how broken it was. Uh how? It's late here and i am probably just missing something. So can someone please explain it to me.

Signmaker
2010-01-17, 11:57 PM
I just got Races of teh Dragon a few days ago and was reading, and i came across the feat Dragonwrought. Reading it i found that it to be an alright feat, but i always hear how broken it was. Uh how? It's late here and i am probably just missing something. So can someone please explain it to me.

Kobolds are now dragons. Hilarity ensues.

Sophismata
2010-01-17, 11:58 PM
Basically, you can now start with a Venerable Kobold (+3 to mental attributes) without physical penalty.

Slightly more... contentious, is the ability to grab Loredrake, since you may (or may not) count as a 'True Dragon' (RAW). RAI you don't, but RAW is always more interesting :P.

See also (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7695511&postcount=4).

Soranar
2010-01-17, 11:59 PM
I also didn't get it at first but it comes down to this

dragons have no penalties from aging

so you get +3 to all mental stats if you start really old (venerable)
which is not that crazy since a kobold gets like that at 90

and apparently a dragon can take epic feats , if he qualifies for them, and his sorcerer spells can be taken from dragon spells and cleric spells (not sure on that part , it might involve adding a template)

so yeah

term1nally s1ck
2010-01-18, 12:05 AM
Basically, Your Kobold is now a dragon.

As a dragon, it can qualify for any feats dragons do, and dragons can qualify for epic feats based on age, iirc.

Signmaker
2010-01-18, 12:05 AM
and apparently a dragon can take epic feats , if he qualifies for them, and his sorcerer spells can be taken from dragon spells and cleric spells (not sure on that part , it might involve adding a template)

so yeah

Dragons get epic feats by age. So...yeah.

Sstoopidtallkid
2010-01-18, 12:57 AM
Basically, you can now start with a Venerable Kobold (+3 to mental attributes) without physical penalty.

Slightly more... contentious, is the ability to grab Loredrake, since you may (or may not) count as a 'True Dragon' (RAW). RAI you don't, but RAW is always more interesting :P.

See also (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7695511&postcount=4).RAW you do. The debate over RAI is more interesting. I think the makers of RotD intended Kobolds to count as True Dragons, since basically the point of the book is how much Kobolds want to be Dragons. There just weren't any cool True Dragon-only options when they decided to do that. Dragons of Eberron changed that, making being a True Dragon a serious mechanical benefit, that Kobolds now qualify for.

evil-frosty
2010-01-18, 12:35 PM
Ok, i get it now. And it seems it gets more broken when i get more books. Thank you for clarifying it for me.

Signmaker
2010-01-18, 01:56 PM
Ok, i get it now. And it seems it gets more broken when i get more books. Thank you for clarifying it for me.

Exactly. Within the book you get it from? Powerful, sure. Probably already on grounds for banning/limiting. It gets stupid broken with more books.

Kelb_Panthera
2010-01-18, 02:42 PM
Exactly. Within the book you get it from? Powerful, sure. Probably already on grounds for banning/limiting. It gets stupid broken with more books and a moron for a DM.

Fixed that for you :smallbiggrin:

term1nally s1ck
2010-01-18, 02:55 PM
Personally, whether as a DM or a player, I keep to a gentleman's agreement. If the players use cheese in their characters, so will the enemies, so they usually limit themselves to mid-high PO at most, and daren't risk TO..(not since that time a hulking hurler build TPKed a party...)