PDA

View Full Version : Spiritualist [Peach]

Demons_eye
2010-01-18, 02:22 AM
The Spiritualist

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51W8NA6N84L._SS500_.jpg
Closes I can get to the spirit hanging over you, if I can't use the pic some one tell me and I will take down.

"He walked into the tribe and and after they sent spear after spear he let his spirit lose. I still can't get the stains out and they are still finding bodies."

Features:

Alignment

Any alignment

Hit Die

d8

Proficiencies with all simple weapons and one weapon of his choice. He is not proficient in any armor or shields.

The spiritualist’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex)

Skill Points at 1st Level

(4 + Int modifier) ×4.
Skill Points at Each Additional Level

4 + Int modifier.
Class Features

Spiritualist
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+2|
+2|
+2|Spiritual Body

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+3|
+3|Augment Spirit

3rd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+3|Split mind and Body 1/day

4th|
+3|
+4|
+4|
+4|Augment Spirit

5th|
+3|
+4|
+4|
+4| Strengthened Spirit

6th|
+4|
+5|
+5|
+5|Augment Spirit

7th|
+5|
+5|
+5|
+5|Split mind and Body 2/day

8th|
+6/+1|
+6|
+6|
+6|Augment Spirit

9th|
+6/+1|
+6|
+6|
+6|Strengthened Spirit

10th|
+7/+2|
+7|
+7|
+7|Greater Augment Spirit

11st|
+8/+3|
+7|
+7|
+7|Split mind and Body 3/day

12nd|
+9/+4|
+8|
+8|
+8|Greater Augment Spirit

13rd|
+9/+4|
+8|
+8|
+8|Strengthened Spirit

14th|
+10/+5|
+9|
+9|
+9|Greater Augment Spirit

15th|
+11/+6/+1|
+9|
+9|
+9| Split mind and Body 4/day

16th|
+12/+7/+2|
+10|
+10|
+10|Greater Augment Spirit

17th|
+12/+7/+2|
+10|
+10|
+10|Strengthened Spirit

18th|
+13/+8/+3|
+11|
+11|
+11|Final Augment Spirit Start

19th|
+14/+9/+4|
+11|
+11|
+11|Split mind and Body 5/day

20th|
+15+10/+5|
+12|
+12|
+12|Final Augment Spirit Finish

[/table]

Spiritual Body- Years of training your spirit have succeed in starting the ancient form of the spirit body technique. This spirit protects you, fuels you, and aids you. It can only be seen by other spiritualist, unless you are using split body and mind. It normally takes the form of a humanoid a few inch's taller and wider then you.

This spirit provides: +4 armor bonus to AC, +2 Spiritual bonus to one stat, and a slam attack that does 1d6+ one half (.5) Strength. You may add your wisdom modifier to your armor as an untyped bonus and in place of your strength modifier to damage.

You lose this ability if you wear armor or have a medium or heavy load.

Augment Spirit- You have found a way to augment your spirit by channeling you emotions, goals, dreams, and ideals into it. At the second level chose two augmentations from the list below and chose another every even level afterwords. At the 10 level chose from the greater argumentation list and at the 18th level chose a final argumentation to start and to finish at the 20th level. Unless noted you can take the same Augmentation more then once, Greater Augmentation can only be taken a max of three times.

Strengthened Spirit 1-Your spiritual body become stronger as it has evolved into a new spiritual being. This is represented by it becoming more solid looking, more defined, and more human like. Starting at the 5th and every 4 levels your Spiritual Body class features increase.

Your armor bonus increase by 2 to a total of 6, +2 spirit bonus to a new stat of chose, your slam increase to 2d6 and you may also use your wisdom modifier in place of your strength modifier for attack and add it to str and dex based skills and checks. Treat your slam as any type of metal for the purpose of overcoming hardness and DR.

Strengthened Spirit 2
Your armor bonus increase by 2 to a total of 8, +2 spirit bonus to your first chosen stat, slam increases to 4d6 and you may also add your wisdom modifier to your saves. Treat Slam as any alignment for the purpose of overcoming DR.

Strengthened Spirit 3
Your armor bonus increase by 2 to a total of 10, +2 spirit bonus to your second stat of chosen and +2 spiritual bonus to a new stat, slam increase to 6d6 and you may also add half of your wisdom modifier to your con to determine con bonus to HP. Treat your Slam as Magic for the purpose of overcoming DR.

Strengthened Spirit 4
Your armor bonus increase by 2 to a total of 12, +2 spirit bonus to your chosen stats and +2 to a new stat, slam does 8d6 and you may also use your wisdom modifier as DR/-. Your slam over comes any DR.
Exp Stat Gain
{table]L|e|v|e|l
stats|1|5|9|13|17
S|+2|+2|+4|+4|+6
D|+0|+2|+2|+4|+6
Co|+0|+0|+0|+2|+4
W|+0|+0|+0|+0|+2
I|+0|+0|+0|+0|+0
Ca|+0|+0|+0|+0|+0
[/table]

Split mind and Body X/day You tear your very soul from you body, forcing your spirit to fight for you. You wrenching your spirit from your body dealing your level in nonlethal damage. It acts on your turn under your command but as a separate entity with the same stats as you. The Spirit has full BaB but can not use any Int, Wis, or Cha based skill. If a spell is cast on you or your spirit both share the spell effect but damage is settled separately. When you reform add the remaining hp and divide it by two to find your current HP. If your spirit dies while under Split mind and body class feature you can not use the spiritual body class feature for 1 week per class level. Lasts 3+con modifier rounds. During this time you can not access your spiritualist body class feature and anything gained from it.

Augmentation

Spiritual Growth-Your effective size goes up by one, Max size Colossal.

Spiritual Compression-Your effective size goes down by one Max size Fine.

Spiritual Speed-You gain +20 to your land speed.

Spiritual Wings-You gain A fly speed equal to ½ you land speed with Average Maneuverability. Taken again increase your fly speed equal to your land speed or one better maneuverability.

Bestial Spirit-You gain two claws and a bite attack (1d6/1d4). Taken again gives you multiattack/Improved multiattack/Improved Natural Attack feats.

Spiritual Healing-You gain fast healing 1, can only be taken every 4 class levels

Spiritual Expert-Pick a skill: you gain a +5 spirit bonus to that skill or you can take ten on this skill or gain it as a class skill

Spiritual Protection-Gain DR/- equal to two times spiritual protection taken

Spiritual Combat-Gain a fighter feat

Spiritual Skin-Gain Natural armor +2 taken again gains increase this bonus by 1

Spiritual Prowess-Gain +1 Base attack bonus, can only take this once every 4 levels

Spiritual Caster-Chose a spell of fist level or lower, you can cast this Wis/day.

Spiritual Luck-Take 20 on a skill checks Wis/day

Spiritual Freedom-Take a move action as a free action Wis/day limited 1 a round.

Spiritual Sneak- Gain 1d6 Sneak Attack as Rogue, can only be taken once every 4 levels

Spiritual Camo- Gain Hide in plain sight as ranger, can only be taken at 10th or high level

Greater Augmentation

Spell Scared-Gain 5+HD spell resistances. Taken again adds +5 to the SR

Oil master-You can make oils to bath in that increase your spiritual bodies power. You caster level equals your character level. Oils cost the same to make as 1/2 the enchantment, so a flaming oil would be 1000 gold or a Fortification, Moderate would cost 4500 to make. It takes 1 day per 1000 gold to make and exp equal to 1/25 gold spent. It takes 1 day to bath in the oils for it to work.

Animal Master-Your spirit takes the form of an animal (chosen when taken) whose HD equals your class level and uses that form for when you use the split body and mind class feature. Taken again this allows you to pick magical beast and the limit it 1.5 per level in HD, taken a third time gives you a dragon spirit and HD limit is twice your level.

Divine Master-You gain the ability to turn/rebuke undead as if you were a cleric of the same level and can heal with a touch 1d6/two class levels usable Wis/day. Taken again gives you accesses to two domains of your choice. Taken a third time lets you cast as a cleric of half you level.

Spiritualist master-You focus on you spirit then anything else, You gain 2 more Argumentation of the lowest level. Taken again gives you another use of split mind and body and increase the rounds in the form by 5. Taken a third time if you or you spirit dies during split body and mind you resurrect in the other space in 2 rounds as if revived by wish with not ill affects.

Freedom master-You can cast Freedom of movement and haste Wis/day. Taken again you can cast Teleport Greater 5/day. Taken a third time you can cast Astral Projection 1/day as a standard action. All as a SLA

Combat master-You thrive in combat more than anything else. Gain 5 maneuvers that you quality for. Taken again you gain two stances. Taken a third time you can recover them as a warblade and 1/day for 5 rounds use both stances at once.

Final Augmentation

Phoenix-Your spirit mimics the ability rising from the flames when fallen fist striking his foe then coming back. When you die you unleash a pillar of fire directed at your killer, the flame shoots up and flys in the air landing on the foe dealing 3d6 per level in fire damge. When you take this as a final finish you resurrect, as if wish was cast, if the flames kills your foe and you flames deal half damage to things immune to fire damage.

Dragon-You gain the grace, extremely fierce, noble nature of the dragons. You gain a breath weapon that deal 20d4 X damage (X depends on dragon type chose when taken) in a line/cone 140.70 ft out usable 1d4 turns. When you take this as a final finish again removes the reflex save and recharge time.

Tiger-You gain the stealth of the tiger, nothing can see you coming. At time you meet the recuirtments of sneak attack you instead gain the ability of death attack, fort save damage dealt or die. When you take this as a final finish you can not be detected be any means.

Turtle-You gain the steadfast defense of the turtle, gaining +10 natural armor and protection from X on you all time and you also gain immunity to X witch can be changed day to day. When you take this as a final finish you gain the ability to 'faze' out of reality allowing you to dodge anything appearing in an area within 100 feet of your choosing usable Wis/day

Demon Lord: Evil Only. You take on the terror and power of a lord of the Lower Planes. You gain all the benefits of the Half-Fiend Template which include: Natural Armor +1, Wings that allow you to fly at your base land speed, two claw attacks and a bite attack, the ability to Smite Good 1/day, Darkvision out to 60 feet, Immunity to poison, Resistance to acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, and fire 10, Damage reduction: 10/magic, Spell resistance equal to your class level +10, +4 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +4 Intelligence, and +2 Charisma, and the following spell like abilities: 1/day: Desecrate, Unholy Blight, Contagion, Blasphemy, Unhallow, Horrid Wilting, Summon Monster IX (Fiends only), Destruction, 3/Day: Darkness, Poison, Unholy Aura. As a Final Finish you create a Miracle effect, but instead of coming from a deity it comes from your demonic spirit

So what do you think? Also I could use some help coming up with more higher level augmentations.

Demons_eye
2010-01-18, 12:31 PM
Just a shameless self bump

Drolyt
2010-01-18, 01:26 PM
It's kind of interesting, but all it does is buff itself. You can't do anything a gish couldn't do. In fact I would almost call this just a downgraded gish. Although you can get a death effect with a DC equal to how much damage you deal, so let's see 8d6 slam does an average of 28 damage and you add your Strength Modifier, so you can easily get a DC 40 death effect. That's pretty nice. At any rate I kind of like the class, I'm not sure if it measures up to Tome of Battle in terms of power though, if this can work as Tier 3 it is golden.

Demons_eye
2010-01-18, 01:47 PM
It's kind of interesting, but all it does is buff itself. You can't do anything a gish couldn't do. In fact I would almost call this just a downgraded gish. Although you can get a death effect with a DC equal to how much damage you deal, so let's see 8d6 slam does an average of 28 damage and you add your Strength Modifier, so you can easily get a DC 40 death effect. That's pretty nice. At any rate I kind of like the class, I'm not sure if it measures up to Tome of Battle in terms of power though, if this can work as Tier 3 it is golden.

This is what I had hoped for, a decent class not over powered* but with lots of options. Any idea on other augmentations? That's what I really need help with.

*Note not saying ToB is over powered

Drolyt
2010-01-18, 02:09 PM
Hmm... first off you should note that spell scarred can only be taken twice, and it should be + Class level not HD on the off chance that a high HD low CR takes levels of this class. By the way when I say the ability to get 40 DC on a death effect is "nice" I mean that it is pretty darn overpowered and the only reason an optimizer would take this class, but a very good one to do so. Also you never explain how Final Augment works or what the hell final finish is actually you kinda do, but how does final finish work? Okay I think I understand it but if I do then the finishes seem too powerful. As an idea for a Final Augment though:
Demon Lord: Evil Only. You take on the terror and power of a lord of the Lower Planes. You gain all the benefits of the Half-Fiend Template which include: Natural Armor +1, Wings that allow you to fly at your base land speed, two claw attacks and a bite attack, the ability to Smite Good 1/day, Darkvision out to 60 feet, Immunity to poison, Resistance to acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, and fire 10, Damage reduction: 10/magic, Spell resistance equal to your class level +10, +4 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +4 Intelligence, and +2 Charisma, and the following spell like abilities: 1/day: Desecrate, Unholy Blight, Contagion, Blasphemy, Unhallow, Horrid Wilting, Summon Monster IX (Fiends only), Destruction, 3/Day: Darkness, Poison, Unholy Aura. As a Final Finish you create a Miracle effect 1/day, but instead of coming from a deity it comes from your demonic spirit.

Demons_eye
2010-01-18, 02:15 PM
Also you never explain how Final Augment works or what the hell final finish is actually you kinda do, but how does final finish work?.

The fluff is that your spiritual body is every changing but when you get to higher levels you start to finish the change. You are augmenting your spirit for a while until you can not change it anymore. Like a butterfly you know?

Drolyt
2010-01-18, 02:35 PM
The fluff is that your spiritual body is every changing but when you get to higher levels you start to finish the change. You are augmenting your spirit for a while until you can not change it anymore. Like a butterfly you know?

Er, sure like a butterfly. But yeah I get the idea I just mean is it constantly active? Cause they are pretty darn powerful.

Demons_eye
2010-01-18, 02:39 PM
I would say yes but if that's too powerful I might just have to nerf it.

Drolyt
2010-01-18, 03:06 PM
I would say yes but if that's too powerful I might just have to nerf it.

Well the Tiger one is the only truly broken one, the Dragon is almost broken and the Pheonix one sucks unless you don't think you can be brought back by a True Ressurection, since the way you have it written you would lose a level. The Turtle one is really good but not broken though you should specify that it is an Immediate Action (I'm assuming it is). The thing about the Dragon one is it denies abilities like Evasion making Rogue types go down fast in front of it; other than that it doesn't deal enough damage to threaten a melee type and a spellcaster wouldn't let it even work. So yeah I guess the Tiger one should be made limited in use.