PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Ways to get Turning without losing Wizard casting levels?

Hyooz
2010-01-18, 03:57 PM
A little bit of a pet project I'm working on, I'm trying to find a way to get Turn Undead onto a Wizard without costing me an arcane caster level.

Ideas?

Pharaoh's Fist
2010-01-18, 03:59 PM
Sacred Exorcist

Optimystik
2010-01-18, 03:59 PM
Sacred Exorcist 1.

And ninja

deuxhero
2010-01-18, 04:01 PM
A 5th level ACF in Complete Champion gives you a domain power, and many of them (like fire) give you a turn equivalent. It's based on cleric level though, ask your DM if your wizard level will also work.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-01-18, 04:08 PM
In a similar vein, I'm looking for ways to net rebuke undead on a wizard, mainly to see if I can make True Necro viable in giving double 9s to a wizard/archivist.

Sstoopidtallkid
2010-01-18, 04:22 PM
In a similar vein, I'm looking for ways to net rebuke undead on a wizard, mainly to see if I can make True Necro viable in giving double 9s to a wizard/archivist....how? You lose 2 levels of spellcasting from the class itself per side.

Glimbur
2010-01-18, 08:52 PM
...how? You lose 2 levels of spellcasting from the class itself per side.

You start with Mystic Theurge 10, and fill the rest with True Necro.

Aquillion
2010-01-18, 08:55 PM
Sacred Exorcist 1.

And ninjaNinja doesn't get Turn Undead!

Claudius Maximus
2010-01-18, 09:03 PM
In a similar vein, I'm looking for ways to net rebuke undead on a wizard, mainly to see if I can make True Necro viable in giving double 9s to a wizard/archivist.

Necromancy domain from DCS gives Rebuke as its granted power. You can get it with the Wizard alternate class feature from Complete Champion.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-01-18, 09:04 PM
...how? You lose 2 levels of spellcasting from the class itself per side.

The idea was to go Wizard 1/Archivist 2/MT 10/(Thing that greats rebuke while advancing wizard casting) 1/True Necro 6, which, theortically, should end up with double 9s. I may be mistaken, however.

EDIT: Yeah, misread the table for True Necro. Level six only advances arcane, after all, making this entire exercise impossible pre-epic.

Darrin
2010-01-18, 10:50 PM
A little bit of a pet project I'm working on, I'm trying to find a way to get Turn Undead onto a Wizard without costing me an arcane caster level.

There are a few ways, but they're pretty feat-intensive.

First, take the Necromantic Bloodline (Dragon #325 or Dragon Compendium Vol. 1). Actually, as a wizard, you might have to start with Alacritous Cogitation or something else that allows you to cast something spontaneously. Then take Kin Mastery (Dragon #311 or Dragon Compendium Vol. 1). This gives you turn or rebuke undead 1/day as a cleric half your arcane caster level.

Second, try taking the God-Touched and Divine Channeler feats from Dragon #305. This gives you turn or rebuke undead 1/day as a cleric half your character level. (Note: these feats were originally created by Skip Williams, but some of them were revised and included in the Dragon Compendium. God-Touched and Divine Channeler weren't included, however... not sure why.)

If your DM doesn't like Dragon Magazine material, try to get ahold of a Shroudcrown (Player's Guide to Faerun p. 124, 113600 GP). Wearer can turn undead as a 10th level cleric. Really expensive, though.

Sacred Exorcist has already been mentioned. The most annoying method... Apostle of Peace (BoED), but you still lose a caster level and have to put up with all that Vow nonsense.

Optimystik
2010-01-18, 10:52 PM
Ninja doesn't get Turn Undead!

...hate you.

HCL
2010-01-18, 11:00 PM
There is a sovereign archetype in Dragons of Eberron which allows you to take Extra turning to obtain turning attempts. You are going to need to be a dragonwrought kobold though :)

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2010-01-20, 12:09 AM
Necromancy domain from DCS gives Rebuke as its granted power. You can get it with the Wizard alternate class feature from Complete Champion.False. This is only available to non-good Mystics.