PDA

View Full Version : Online Tabletop

Townopolis
2010-01-18, 07:18 PM
So I'm going to be running an online 4e D&D game with a few friends who live halfway across the continental US and so we require some form of online tabletop. My first choice is to use Maptool. I've used it in the past and it does everything I want it to. Unfortunately, I no longer commute to school from home but rather live in a dorm room, and my school's network won't allow me to host a Maptool server. I'm hoping one of the players will be able to host, but I don't know.

In the event that nobody can host a server, does anyone know of a decent online tabletop program/site that doesn't require anyone to host for a game?

Hunter Noventa
2010-01-18, 07:56 PM
I suggest Gametable. (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gametable/) it's another hosted solution, but it runs on java so anyone can host it, and it might not be blocked by your school. Even if it isn't, it's easy as pie to actually host it.

Swordgleam
2010-01-18, 08:27 PM
People have been having a lot of success running games using Google Wave, though I'm not sure if there's a good way to do battlemats on wave yet.