PDA

View Full Version : Built game (DnD 3.5 Gestalt)

Sir_Chivalry
2010-01-18, 10:16 PM
The docktown of Neasa Quay is busy this particular evening. Normally a boat will unload a net of fish, or a ship will unload crates and goods, but today, the Kelpie was in port, and it had much more interesting hauls to speak of. A kraken, dead and dismembered, was lashed to the deck of the ship, and Captain Reynard was telling a tale so tall, it had to be true.

". . . Two days I wrestled it, and many a crewman I lost."

The captain retired to his room with in the inn to rest, leaving the awed crowd to look upon his vessel and the captured beast.

Complete_Sin
2010-01-18, 10:46 PM
Invictus looks around suspiciously at the dead kraken. Before walking to the captains room and knocking.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-01-18, 10:54 PM
"Yes?" a voice bellows from within.

Complete_Sin
2010-01-18, 10:56 PM
"Would you mind if i came in? I have some questions to ask, i also have some good sake to share." he smiles knowing the man cant see him but he takes the sake container off of his belt and holds it up, letting it slosh in the container for the man to hear.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-01-18, 11:00 PM
"Would you mind if i came in? I have some questions to ask, i also have some good sake to share." he smiles knowing the man cant see him but he takes the sake container off of his belt and holds it up, letting it slosh in the container for the man to hear.

"Rice wine you say?"

The door swings open and the captain stomps out.

"I love rice wine. What are your questions? Be lively!"

Complete_Sin
2010-01-18, 11:13 PM
"good man" Invictus says pushing past him into his room and taking out two cups pouring some sake in each. "here you go" he says handing him one of the cups and putting the bottle on the table "My first question is, what is your name?"

Sir_Chivalry
2010-01-18, 11:16 PM
"good man" Invictus says pushing past him into his room and taking out two cups pouring some sake in each. "here you go" he says handing him one of the cups and putting the bottle on the table "My first question is, what is your name?"

"Name's Captain Gregor Reynard."

Complete_Sin
2010-01-18, 11:19 PM
"let us drink now" He holds up his cup to the captains and knocks it back(those small japanese cups that look like small dishes)
He then pours another glass "Another question now, how did you get the kraken?"

Sense motive to make sure hes telling the truth 1d20+13

Lord of Syntax
2010-01-18, 11:19 PM
Hello, I do believe that I have a appointment with a Captain Raynard at this point in time?, says a strange man with glowing sigils above his head who just walked in.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-01-18, 11:21 PM
"let us drink now" He holds up his cup to the captains and knocks it back(those small japanese cups that look like small dishes.

"Ah, I'll never say no to rice wine! But what makes you come and ask questions like this?"

Complete_Sin
2010-01-18, 11:21 PM
(where are you when you say that?)
"I come from a faraway place and i wish to join on an adventure, plus taking down a kraken is no easy task in my understanding."

He then pours another glass "Another question now, how did you get the kraken?"

Sense motive to make sure hes telling the truth
1d20+13

EDIT: Ill roll in OOC.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-01-18, 11:23 PM
Hello, I do believe that I have a appointment with a Captain Raynard at this point in time?, says a strange man with glowing sigils above his head.

"Boy, can't you see I'm drinking here? You must be one of them that wants on the ship. I must tell you, there is not much fun to be had when you're out at sea, and the danger is high."

Lord of Syntax
2010-01-18, 11:25 PM
"Boy, can't you see I'm drinking here? You must be one of them that wants on the ship. I must tell you, there is not much fun to be had when you're out at sea, and the danger is high."

Ah, most find spirits to be a important part of life, and I am no different.
I also wish to inquire about the kraken. But I have no interest to be on a ship of any kind, for I have a dislike of the sea.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-01-18, 11:34 PM
Ah, most find spirits to be a important part of life, and I am no different.
I also wish to inquire about the kraken. But I have no interest to be on a ship of any kind, for I have a dislike of the sea.

"Any crew member who can't take the sea better have a good reason for being taken on and paid a share? Can you be of some use?"

Lord of Syntax
2010-01-18, 11:37 PM
I assure you that I am skilled in the magical arts.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-01-18, 11:39 PM
I assure you that I am skilled in the magical arts.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"Oh boy. I needed a good laugh after the kraken, but that's too much! Lad, go home, there's no such thing as magic. I don't need anyone playing wizards on my ship."

Complete_Sin
2010-01-18, 11:39 PM
"I said naught about wanting on the boat, i said i was looking for adventure, that is what brought me here."
He puts his hands on his sides and lifted the cup ion the air with no movement or anything except to open his mouth and let the liquid flow down his throat.
"I think i need another", he does the same trick but pourng the liquid into the cup instead of drinking "Here my good man " he says lifting the cup in the air and giving it to the newcomer without moving. He whispers to the captain "Do you know where i could buy some more sake?"

Telekenisis

Sir_Chivalry
2010-01-18, 11:41 PM
"I said naught about wanting on the boat, i said i was looking for adventure, that is what brought me here."
He puts his hands on his sides and lifted the cup ion the air with no movement or anything except to open his mouth and let the liquid flow down his throat.
"I think i need another", he does the same trick but pourng the liquid into the cup instead of drinking "Here my good man " he says lifting the cup in the air and giving it to the newcomer without moving. He whispers to the captain "Do you know where i could buy some more sake?"

Telekenisis

"How in the world are you doing that boy?"

Lord of Syntax
2010-01-18, 11:43 PM
The dwomer is everywhere, just like the laws of physics and you would have to be a fool to not think that it is real.

Complete_Sin
2010-01-18, 11:43 PM
"Magic" He grinned a large toothy grin and winking at the captain.

"Dwomer?" He asked quizzicaly.

Lord of Syntax
2010-01-18, 11:45 PM
To say that the dwomer is "magic" is a gross oversimplification. It is all that lives and dies, it is all you feel, it is the mind, it is the body, ... (he goes on like this for 45 minutes.)

Complete_Sin
2010-01-18, 11:48 PM
Invictus wuikcly growing bored blocks him out of his mind after about a minute of not shutting up. "Are you gonna drink that?" he said to the newcomer.

Lord of Syntax
2010-01-18, 11:50 PM
I do not wish to spoil your time.

Complete_Sin
2010-01-18, 11:51 PM
"So your not gonna drink it? he says confused.

(how is this guy confused his int is 28)

Lord of Syntax
2010-01-19, 12:01 AM
No, drinking intentionally spoiled food products does not appeal to me.

Complete_Sin
2010-01-19, 12:04 AM
"but you just said Ah, most find spirits to be a important part of life, and I am no different." He then brought the glass back to him and drank it.

Lord of Syntax
2010-01-19, 12:07 AM
Ah, I meant that I find that they permeate life itself.

Complete_Sin
2010-01-19, 12:09 AM
"I see" he smiles slyly "So you wont share one drink with me and the good captain here?"

Lord of Syntax
2010-01-19, 12:16 AM
Just one. And then I stop.

Complete_Sin
2010-01-19, 12:19 AM
"very good" He now pours the sake and walks over instead of using his power and hands him the sake. and puts his lips close to his ear "Why are you really here?"

Lord of Syntax
2010-01-19, 12:23 AM
I enjoy the feeling of adventure. That is all. he whispers back.

Complete_Sin
2010-01-19, 09:29 PM
Invictus walks away and sits down with a smile on his face. "Captain i thought i should tell you, there is magic i personnaly do not use magic. his face turnas grave..."I have a grudge against spellcasters, one that i will someday repay"

Sir_Chivalry
2010-01-20, 12:28 AM
Invictus walks away and sits down with a smile on his face. "Captain i thought i should tell you, there is magic i personnaly do not use magic. his face turnas grave..."I have a grudge against spellcasters, one that i will someday repay"

"I think I'll be needing more rice wine my boy! This is grave and wonderous news. You BOTH are hired! Think of the news, the scandal! I'll be the talk of all the captains! The only captain with arcane retainers!"

Complete_Sin
2010-01-20, 01:02 AM
"No. no your not listening..." Invictus stares at the man and slams his hands on the table standing up bursting into rage. "I DONT F*$#%@! USE MAGIC, I HATE MAGIC AND EVERYONE THAT USES IT I WILL KILL THEM ALL WHILE THEY SLEEP." Invictuses eyes go calm as he sits back down and a tear rolls down the side of his face that he quickly wipes away not letting anyone see. "Im...sorry about that just lost my composer for a second" He said eyeing the mage conspicuosly.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-01-20, 01:03 AM
"No. no your not listening..." Invictus stares at the man and slams his hands on the table standing up bursting into rage. "I DONT F*$#%@! USE MAGIC, I HATE MAGIC AND EVERYONE THAT USES IT I WILL KILL THEM ALL WHILE THEY SLEEP." Invictuses eyes go calm as he sits back down and a tear rolls down the side of his face that he quickly wipes away not letting anyone see. "Im...sorry about that just lost my composer for a second" He said eyeing the mage conspicuosly.

"Even better! A mage/mage killer with a tragic backstory! It's like the tales of my youth, made flesh and blood!"

Lord of Syntax
2010-01-20, 03:28 PM

I can kill you 25 different ways before you take your next breath, so don't even think about it.

Complete_Sin
2010-01-20, 07:00 PM
"Just try it life-wrecker." invictus stares coldly at the man who threatened him "Besides saying **** like that is not gonna help your case with me."

Sir_Chivalry
2010-01-20, 07:03 PM
"Just try it life-wrecker." invictus stares coldly at the man who threatened him "Besides saying **** like that is not gonna help your case with me."

"Boys, boys! You're not going to be like this for the rest of your tenure with me are you?"

Complete_Sin
2010-01-20, 07:12 PM
"again your not listening, i never said i wanted to come with you!" Invictus turns toward the old man who hes starting to believe is senile.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-01-20, 07:15 PM
"again your not listening, i never said i wanted to come with you!" Invictus turns toward the old man who hes starting to believe is senile.

"But lad, we drank together!" says the captain, growing teary

Complete_Sin
2010-01-20, 07:24 PM
"I have a few thing i have to do before i can, also you never answered my latest question" he looks at the senile old man. "If you answer that ill think about joining your crew"

Sir_Chivalry
2010-01-20, 07:27 PM
"I have a few thing i have to do before i can, also you never answered my latest question" he looks at the senile old man. "If you answer that ill think about joining your crew"

"Oh, you think I have an alterior motive? I just need new crew, as I said previously, the rest got killed."

Complete_Sin
2010-01-20, 07:31 PM
"That wasnt the question" Invictus facepalms "it was how did you catch the kraken"

Lord of Syntax
2010-01-20, 08:14 PM
Could you ignore our tempers for now, and please tell us how you killed the kraken?

Sir_Chivalry
2010-01-20, 08:16 PM
Could you ignore our tempers for now, and please tell us how you killed the kraken?

"Knife to the mantle mainly. *snort* Had to punch it for the last little bit."

Lord of Syntax
2010-01-20, 08:50 PM
I would love to join your crew, I know many things about many things, also I can defend you from future attacks.