PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Crazy Idea

Bugbeartrap
2010-01-18, 10:54 PM
Recently I haven't been able to get this idea for a character out of my head. With quickdraw, the wand chambers from Dungeonscape, surprise weapons from Com. Scoundrel, and gnome quickrazors from Races of Stone, a character can have 10 wands readied, and have his hands free! As far as I can tell, there isn't a drawback to leaving surprise weapons activated (besides the loss of surprise). I've beening thinking of using a set up like this for a UMD heavy rogue or assassin, or an off-his-rocker artificer. Anyone have ideas to improve/explode this idea?

Signmaker
2010-01-18, 11:14 PM
Recently I haven't been able to get this idea for a character out of my head. With quickdraw, the wand chambers from Dungeonscape, surprise weapons from Com. Scoundrel, and gnome quickrazors from Races of Stone, a character can have 10 wands readied, and have his hands free! As far as I can tell, there isn't a drawback to leaving surprise weapons activated (besides the loss of surprise). I've beening thinking of using a set up like this for a UMD heavy rogue or assassin, or an off-his-rocker artificer. Anyone have ideas to improve/explode this idea?

I'm not sure you can use a wand via your boot blade/elbow blade/etc. Traditionally, they have to be in your hands to use.

Glimbur
2010-01-18, 11:34 PM
You could just go all quickrazors all the time, unless there's a reason you can't just have 100 of them stashed around your person (besides being unable to afford 100 wands)

dragonfan6490
2010-01-20, 12:13 AM
In the Green Ronin Book Pocket Magica, there is a magic item called a Wand Rack, it allows you to load in 4 wands at a time, and change them as a standard action. Not quite what you're looking for, but it works.

Justin B.
2010-01-20, 03:43 AM
Custom magic item using the wand rack idea, enchanted with a Quickened Version of Mage Hand that turns the wand rack into the appropriate one with a free action. For some reason I imagine them set around your arm, as if a bracer or something, allowing you to have eight wands readied at any time.

Vorpalbob
2010-01-20, 03:54 AM
Heh heh... Rack:smalltongue:

[EDIT] sorry.