PDA

View Full Version : [PF/3.5] Cloak of Really Good Hiding

LibraryOgre
2010-01-19, 01:15 AM
So, I'm making a gnome 5/1 ranger/shadowdancer for my Pathfinder game, and wondering how high I can get the hide check. Currently, I'm at +21... 6 ranks, 4 size, 3 class skill, 3 Dex, and +5 from a Cloak of Elvenkind. I was thinking, however, that I might be able to go two points better... by making my Cloak of Elvenkind not just an exceptionally well-made cloak, but also a masterwork tool for concealment, using ghillie suit-like techniques to break up my outline.

Do you think this would be reasonable? RAW, it works because the two bonuses are different (competence v. circumstance), but what about RAI?

DementedFellow
2010-01-19, 01:21 AM
I would just say I have a Camouflage makeup kit. That way it's slotless but still will provide the circumstance bonus. You could argue it's masterwork and there ya go.

Hope this helps.

Edit: I don't know if there is such a thing as a Camouflage makeup kit in D&D. My advice is totally up to the DM to buy the idea behind it.

Drakevarg
2010-01-19, 01:21 AM
I think there's a gilliesuit in the Arms and Equipment guide.

Then after all that, get bitten by a Vampire. Instant +8 Hide. And a bunch of other things.

LibraryOgre
2010-01-19, 12:06 PM
Let me clarify: I'm not seeking to radically change my character... I'm not trying to become a vampire (though the Underdark would be a great place for them)... just get a really good hide check.

Claudius Maximus
2010-01-19, 12:46 PM
A Collar of Umbral Metamorphosis will get you the Dark Template, which grants HiPS and a sizable bonus to Hide checks. It'll be a bit before you can afford one though.

There is a Camouflage Kit somewhere. I think it's in Complete Adventurer. It has a limited number of uses, if I remember correctly.