PDA

View Full Version : Eragon Lynching, Out of Character Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cracklord
2010-01-19, 02:10 AM
This is the Out of Character thread. Discuss, plan, post characters, or if you wish to join the game late, post your entry here.

darkblade
2010-01-19, 02:20 AM
What would be the ruling on playing more eastern medieval characters? The time period fits but they are a long ways away from the lands on which Eragon is based.

Fan
2010-01-19, 02:53 AM
On a similar note.

Guts from Berserk.

Okay, or no?

darkblade
2010-01-19, 02:55 AM
On a similar note.

Guts from Berserk.

Okay, or no?

I originally got approved as him but I decided against it having not gotten very far in the manga yet.

So if you want him I'd assume he'd be fair game.

Cracklord
2010-01-19, 02:59 AM
What would be the ruling on playing more eastern medieval characters? The time period fits but they are a long ways away from the lands on which Eragon is based.

Fine. totally fine.
This is an multidimensional game, factors like distance are totally irrelevant. Just no over ridiculous manga. Kung-Fu does not let you fly or shoot lazors, and swordsmanship does not man you can hit someone so hard it creates a vacuum. Awesome is fine, but there are things that are wrong for this game. So they have to be set in a world at least four hundred years in terms of social progression and technology.

I've never read Berserk, so I'll need a very in depth character sheet to prevent John Tayloring (using abilities the DM has no idea you are capable of).

Fan
2010-01-19, 03:20 AM
Fine. totally fine.
This is an multidimensional game, factors like distance are totally irrelevant. Just no over ridiculous manga. Kung-Fu does not let you fly or shoot lazors, and swordsmanship does not man you can hit someone so hard it creates a vacuum. Awesome is fine, but there are things that are wrong for this game. So they have to be set in a world at least four hundred years in terms of social progression and technology.

I've never read Berserk, so I'll need a very in depth character sheet to prevent John Tayloring (using abilities the DM has no idea you are capable of).

Well, here be his wiki page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guts_%28Berserk%29), which has everything on him, and all relavent information.

Cracklord
2010-01-19, 03:27 AM
Hm, not as bad as I thought. Go for it.

...You still have to do a summary sheet.

darkblade
2010-01-19, 03:49 AM
Cool if things back that far are allowed then I'm scrapping my Samurai for Sir Percy of Scandia/Black Knight I (http://marvel.wikia.com/Sir_Percy_of_Scandia_(Earth-616)) and Leonidas (As seen in 300 with touches of more historical accuracy but not much) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonidas_I).

Should I do a write up for them?

Cracklord
2010-01-19, 04:48 AM
Both approved. Of course:
Leonidas is basically a male wish fulfillment fantasy given form (second only to Zeus, of course), but do you really want to play a walking villain cliche?

As to the Black Knight, fine. It's only a flesh wound. Come on you pansy! I've got out of worse pickles than this! Coward! I'll bite you! I'll bite your legs off!
Ahem.

Leonidas, as per the movie, is Varden material alright. The Black Knight I leave in your hands.

darkblade
2010-01-19, 05:20 AM
Sir Percy of Scandia
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/thumb/3/37/Black_Knight_%28Percy%29_by_Tom_Grummet.JPG/495px-Black_Knight_%28Percy%29_by_Tom_Grummet.JPG

-Trained in Swordsmanship and Horseback riding
-Magically Strengthed Shield and Armour
-Owns a horse
-King of the Round table. Raising an army shouldn't be too hard.
-Wielder of the Ebony Blade
-Deflects Magical Attacks
-Cuts through any non magical material depending upon the strength of the wielder
-Can be summoned to wielder if seperated via magical ritual
-Wielder can be injured but cannot die except via another magical weapon
-If evil is done with the blade the wielder will be cursed to become a vampire like Bloodwraith

King Leonidas I
http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/29026.gif

-Has a spear, shield and sword.
-Undergone intense Spartan training since infancy.
-Maximum human physical capabilities.
-Unlike movie incarnation he wears a bronze breastplate and bracers to go with the speedo
-Is the King of SPARTA!

Cracklord
2010-01-19, 06:30 AM
Approved. But you already know that.

Leonidas gets his 300 warriors as well, of course.

industrious
2010-01-19, 06:54 AM
I suppose my use of Taylor was pretty bad, then. Sorry about that:smalleek:.
For Raistlin, I don't suppose that I could NOT have Crysania? I don't think I'd be able to write her. Raistlin, alone and unchecked, would be far more fun.

My characters, then:

Raistlin Majere
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a94/raistlin11325/Raistlin/RaistlinTestofTheTwins.bmp

1. The Master of Past and Present-command of the Tower of High Sorcery at Palanthas, and the Guardians of the Shoikan Grove.
2. Highly accomplished archmage
3. Extreme Physical frailty
4. The Staff of Magius
5. Chessmaster(metaphorically)
6. Talented amateur at sleight of hand
7. Sarcasm the world has never seen before
8. The last remaining Orb of Dragonkind(uh-oh)

Lu-Tze
http://www.lspace.org/art/fan-art/images/lutze.jpg
1. Excellent janitorial skills
2. Renowned master of martial arts(he beat the living incarnation of Time in a duel)
3. Genre Savvy
4. Various hidden weapons due to Qu hiding them in his possessions against his will
5. Renowned for his Bonzai mountains

doliest
2010-01-19, 09:26 AM
Lord Soth:
1.Inhuman Strength
2.Master Swordsman
3.Can cast several spells(Fireball, Power words, Wall of Ice, etc.)
4.Aura of fear
5.Undead
6.Small, but loyal, undead force.
7.Castle; don’t doubt the power of a good castle.

Bilbo Baggins
1.Danger-senseing dagger.
2.Mithril shirt
3.‘The one ring’
4.Quick-witted, good at riddles and conversation
5.Well-traveled
6.Experienced Adventurer

...Is now a bad time to admit I don't know how to post pictures?

industrious
2010-01-19, 09:28 AM
tags for pictures (IMG)www .somesortofimagehostingsite.net/someimage.bmp(/IMG).

Cracklord
2010-01-19, 02:51 PM
Both are approved. And I suppose you could not have Crysania if you want.

industrious
2010-01-19, 03:06 PM
Excellent. IC post should be up sometime this evening.

Cracklord
2010-01-19, 04:11 PM
Incidentally, this is after book three, of course.

Don't sweat it. It was fun, and I enjoyed it. Just I didn't expect that sort of thing from his character sheet!

Prime32
2010-01-19, 05:49 PM
This game looks like it has the potential for much hilarity. If you're still open I just want to try to figure out which characters could screw up Alagaesia the most.

Maybe someone who drives anyone who tries to read his mind insane? :smallamused: (some kind of defence is necessary to stop Eragon or Galby mindraping you) Or someone with magic that ignores the Cycle's restrictions (mass teleportation, turning one substance into another, seeing the future, etc.) A character with the power to control spirits could create an army of Shades. I'd suggest some kind of earth elemental who could pose as a god to the dwarves, but their priests would probably get jealous and assassinate you.

You said "medieval-fantasy settings" and "some partners", but then mention scientists - would this exclude a Fate/stay night Master-Servant pair? :smalltongue: (someone like Saber would be more useful in Middle-Earth, but A-rank Magic Resistance is pretty hax wherever you go)

Possible candidates:
Link (The Legend of Zelda)
Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist) - might be too advanced
Lina Inverse (Slayers)
Clare (Claymore) - beats any Inheritance character at melee combat, doesn't have much else going for her
These guys (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3QW0Op3tFY)

And did I skip a chapter when I read the books or did you say that the Empire has trolls? :smallconfused:

Rebonack
2010-01-19, 06:14 PM
Whoever has the most points at the end, wins. Points are scored by killing the enemy, with different points for different occurrences. This is based on both challenge and how satisfying it will be to stomp their faces into the ground. Extra points awarded by the DM for good roleplaying or rampart sadism, brilliant strategy and magnificent bastardry, honor, courage and the like.

Free Form Roleplaying An forum for open-ended and ongoing roleplaying without a DM, where you can play a persona across multiple threads.

Someone care to explain this to me?

Prime32
2010-01-19, 06:37 PM
Someone should be a Vision of Escaflowne (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxMMRYWTBW4) character. Because magic robots punching Urgals in the face is awesome. Oh, and just to confuse everyone, there's one which is powered by the crystals left behind by dead dragons and can turn into a dragon.

Cracklord
2010-01-19, 06:48 PM
Listen their have been two threads like this so far, and no one has cared.
It has a storyteller more then a DM, someone who plays all the characters the players aren't covering, puts the world together. This is just a bit of barely structured fun. If you want to join, you are welcome to. If you want to complain, talk to the mods or whatever.

Prime32, we are always still open. However, I want to keep a medieval/magic feel, so would prefer people from world with at least a little in common. Edward Elric is far too advanced. Automatic weapons make the game no fun. Link would be OK, but only would get the equipment from A Link to the Past, as Munchkins have revealed to me he has the ability to rapidly get overpowered when you factor in other games, and he would have to obey physics like any normal person. I am unfamiliar with the other two characters, tell me a bit about them.

darkblade
2010-01-19, 06:57 PM
I'm going to say this is no more structured than any of the plots in ACRO/Town. You just have one person playing a lot of NPCs.

Fan
2010-01-19, 07:03 PM
Name: Guts

Description:

Normal mode:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YPFDDjQ_y_Y/SRNKz8NebjI/AAAAAAAAC_0/YOboVdL9024/s1600/berserk_01.jpg

Berserk:

http://www.cf-network.com/cfan/IMG/jpg/Berserk_merchandise_24.jpg

Personality:

Guts is cynical, quick to anger, and slow to trust. He is not a nice man by any standards, and tends to make enemies quicker then friends. Notably however, is his dedication, and disdain for daemonic, and magical beings that abuse their power, but a deeply rooted, and incredibly difficult to find soft spot for the weaker creatures of those origins who try to help others.

Abilities:

The Dragon Slayer: A blade of massive proportions, being a full foot thick at the base, 7 foot long, and about a inch thick near the actual cutting edge of the blade. This gives it both massive weight, and power in it's blows, making most any other blade in existence seem like a toy in comparison. It is also noted, that it retains the properties of those it has slain, taking on the attributes seemingly at random from those it slays. So far through this it has gained the ability to hurt even incorpreal creatures, and even those technically outside of reality itself.

The Berserker Armor: Guts most powerful asset in his travels, this cursed suit of armor "gifts" him with the ability to overcome his physical, and mental bounds... At the cost of letting his Inner Beast take control, and damaging his already weakened Body. Last time he used this, he became slightly color blind, his sense of taste dulled, and a patch of his hair turned white. When it's not being a horribly evil suit of armor, it can pierce his flesh from within, giving him a metal psuedo skeleton to reinforce broken bones, and keep him alive, and fighting long after his body has lost every single drop of blood.

Physical, and Mental Abilities"

Incredible Physical Strength, and Dexterity: He is able to wield a 7 ft long, almost a full foot thick sword in one hand, and move about swiftly with it. 'nuff said.

Indomitable Fortitude: Guts has shown the ability to ignore levels of pain that would kill the average man, the aforemention armor that tears into him, and keeps him alive long after he has become exsanguinated, and every bone in his body had been smashed, and how he has willing cut off his own arm , and when he was covered from head to toe in third degree burns.

The Mark: This mark, although it attracts Demons to him, it also places him a "half step outside reality" meaning his will can more readily affect reality itself then if he were in it. It is this that allows all his super human feats, despite him being human... technically.

Cracklord
2010-01-19, 07:04 PM
Agreed. Go for it, with a vengeance.

Rebonack
2010-01-19, 07:11 PM
Complaining?

Oh dear heavens no.

I'm not the sort to support the 'stop having fun, guys' attitude.

I hadn't paid much attention to the first thread since it initially struck me as thinly veiled trolling of Twilight fans, though in looking through the thread in a bit more depth I was pleased to discover that wasn't the case.

The talk of points assigned by a DM/GM/Storyteller/whatever you want to call it in addition to winners just struck me as a Structured Games sorta thing. Certainly more RPing involved than your standard Structured Game. But generally speaking FFRP doesn't have winner since there's no competition to win.

>_>

So....

It seems as though these threads are some kind of freakish, shambling hybrid of FFRP and SG. Which possibly hungers for the flesh of the living.

Prime32
2010-01-19, 07:12 PM
I am unfamiliar with the other two characters, tell me a bit about them.Lina Inverse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QdtEXexKns)
"The beautiful, genius sorceress Lina Inverse", as she calls herself, comes from a D&D-esque world where the plotlines are mostly serious but the players have a tendency to goof off around the table. She's mainly a (very powerful) blaster mage, though she has a number of utility spells. Most definitely chaotic neutral, and very fond of gold, though no fool. Has been known to blow up towns (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIS2b7EOpB4), but this is played for comedy and never kills anyone (though she is frequently chased by angry townsfolk). If she has a companion with her it would be Gourry Gabriev, an incredibly dumb/naive but incredibly skilled swordsman with a magic weapon called the Sword of Light.

Clare, former Claymore #47 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QdtEXexKns)
Claymores are blonde, silver-eyed women wielding large swords transformed by a morally ambiguous organisation to fight flesh-eating monsters called youma which can disguise themselves as humans. They do this by implanting youma flesh in the bodies of young girls. This gives them superhuman strength and speed, and limited regeneration ability (Clare is the offensive type, so she can reattach limbs but not regrow them) as well as the ability to walk for weeks with no food and little rest. They can draw out more of their youma power to enhance their abilities, but this causes them to become less human in appearance (starting with slitted golden eyes). Drawing out too much power causes them to permanently transform into a super-powerful youma called an "Awakened One" who retains their memories but not their personality. Clare has mastered a technique called Flash Sword where she temporarily Awakens one arm and continually slashes at such speed that her movement can only be heard.

So, pretty similar to Guts from what I can tell.

EDIT: Know who else would be hilarious here? Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star. Okay, it's technically post-apocalyptic not medieval, and his pokes of death only work on humans, but still.

Cracklord
2010-01-19, 07:43 PM
Well i suppose you can play one of them. I'm of the opinion these games are a lot more fun if played straight, and all evidence seems to support this. Causing mayhem is all well and good, but the real interest is defeating poorly written characters who annoy us, hence the fact we make efforts to make them seem genuine threats. Still a few comedy characters are unlikely to ruin things.

It seems as though these threads are some kind of freakish, shambling hybrid of FFRP and SG. Which possibly hungers for the flesh of the living.

Oh no. It hungers for the flesh of Poorly written self-inserts and black hole Mary Sues/Marty Stues, destroying them, re-actualizing itself, then beginning again.

Prime32
2010-01-19, 08:12 PM
Wasn't Vanir the more-racist-than-normal elf who sparred with Eragon?

nanobot_swarm
2010-01-19, 08:16 PM
Characters:

Darkwolf
http://i28.tinypic.com/8vqner.jpg
1. Powerful warrior who can easily defeat foes who outnumber him
2. Incredibly skilled with an axe
3. Resistant to magic, evidenced during confrontation with the wizard Nekron
4. Rides a black horse
5. Good bowman
6. Does whatever it takes to kill his enemies

Parias the Cleric
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/doom/images/6/65/Menu_cleric.png
1. Helped defeat the serpent rider Korax, a very powerful demon
2. Wields a mace which he can use with deadly skill
3. Possess a serpent staff which can drain life from foes, and give to him
4. Can use the Firestorm spell, which shoots a ray of flame which engulfs a target in fire
5. Ultimate weapon is the Wraithverge, which can summon four ghosts to rend enemies apart, very taxing, rarely uses
6. A very pious man, seeks to enact divne justice

Cracklord
2010-01-19, 08:26 PM
Indeed he was. Sucks to be him, I guess.

And both are approved, nanobot swarm, by the way.

Agrippa
2010-01-19, 09:04 PM
I'd like to join but I have a hard time thinking of characters to play. Maybe you have a suggestion Cracklord.

P.S. I hope you don't mind but I moved the crossover campaign setting we're making into homebrew.

Cracklord
2010-01-19, 09:13 PM
Of course I don't mind.

Start with the classics. Conan, Elric, anyone from Tolkien. If none of them do it, get a few well known authors. George R Martain, (Gregor Clegane, Tyrion, Jon Snow, Rob Stark, Jaime Lannister) Robert Jordan, (Tam, Rand, Lan, whoever) Raimond E Feist, (Pug, Tomas the Valehru, Arutha) Terry Goodkind (Richard, Jagang, Darken Rahl, Zeddicus).
Then comes well known movies, then games (Warcraft (any of the characters in warcraft 3), Warhammer, (any named character) you know the drill) then lesser known books.
If that doesn't help, try video games, myths and legends.

industrious
2010-01-20, 12:14 AM
You're also forgetting C.S. Lewis(Narnia) and Terry Brooks(Shannara).

doliest
2010-01-20, 12:17 AM
As a side note Industrious, how do we handle the obvious time discrepancy in our character's arrivals? Soth had the plane shift attempt after Kit's death, but Raistilin left before Crysania arrived.

industrious
2010-01-20, 12:22 AM
Time Travel. Either the Plane Shift spell or Raistlin's(more likely since the archmage was distracted when he cast the spell) also moved them temporally as well as physically.

Though Raistlin does know Soth by reputation. So when they meet, it will be interesting. And it makes his calm when facing Soth in Time of the Twins more awesome.

doliest
2010-01-20, 12:27 AM
You mean because he knows Soth's tendency to react...violently when angered? As is being witnessed by a large soon-to-not-exist fort? Also I just realized that the Varden and Soth are likely to be allies. Soth knows Raistilin by reputation and title; how is that going to end, particularly since he wants a way home. Also consider this; soon Soth and Raist will likely be on the same side. The world just imploded.

Agrippa
2010-01-20, 12:57 AM
How about this fine young fellow. Or is he a little too modern for this game by means of Ankh-Morpork?

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object2/1121/37/n19950989720_1715.jpg
Jonathan Teatime (http://wiki.lspace.org/wiki/Jonathan_Teatime)
Assets:
1. Physics defying speed and agility
2. Extreme intellect and adaptablity
3. Mastery of stealth and subterfuge
4. Knife fighter and expert swordsman.
5. Can kill in a blur. Ties into assets number one, three and four. Might be able to initiate multiple attacks, possibly up to eight or twice that amount if and when dual wielding.
6. Plotting and stratigic skills. This is the same man who killed the Hogfather. Think about that for a minute.

Cracklord
2010-01-20, 07:08 AM
I've already approved one character from discworld, and I don't want a single series to dominate the game. Also, an assassin excels at individual killing wen he has plenty of time to plan, and this is a war, with thousands of troops on each side. And, as you said, Ankh Morpork is a very different feel
Approved, but with the recommendation you consider alternatives.

The world just imploded.

Nah, Elric is going to be on the Empire's side. He has sufficient awesome to ballance things enough for the world to survive.

Agrippa
2010-01-20, 07:24 PM
The problem is that I really can't think of any one else Cracklord. If you have some suggestions I'll take a good look at them.

Prime32
2010-01-20, 07:34 PM
The problem is that I really can't think of any one else Cracklord. If you have some suggestions I'll take a good look at them.You could try Link.

industrious
2010-01-20, 07:37 PM
Odysseus, Achilles, somebody from the Wheel of Time, Taran, Lord Gwydion(from the Prydain series by Lloyd Alexander)...

The Tygre
2010-01-20, 09:21 PM
Hark, mortals! Two new challengers enter the fray!

Elric of Melnibone
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ZbVGgQMmWI4/R1PHMsNZCXI/AAAAAAAACVs/jVFBtiqAiec/s1600-R/elric.jpg
+ Access to a library of magical spells, ranging from cantrips to city-destroying rituals, from all across the planes.
+ Alliances with demonic and elemental lords.
+ Demon-bound armor and shield.
+ Magic ring allows negotiation with demons even in other realms.
+ Stormbringer
- Dependent on drugs and magic. Health deteriorates without medication until Elric can barely walk. Drugs themselves are difficult to find.
- Albino. It can't be denied; sunlight isn't good for Elric, and makes him the definition of distinctive.
- Conscience. Despite his epic power, Elric still strives to be good.
- Doomed; Elric, as his role of the Eternal Champion, will always suffer tragedy of some kind.
- Stormbringer

Dilvish the Damned
http://www.terra.dti.ne.jp/~okawa/erz/list/Delvish%20The%20Damned.JPG
+ Elven Boots; Dilvish's boots ensure that he always lands on his feet, regardless of height or direction. Surviving the fall is another matter completely.
+ Rituals; Dilvish knows a (limited) number of powerful spells, which he learned in his exile to Hell.
+ Hell-scarred; Dilvish has literally been to Hell and back. Not much phases him anymore.
+ Black; Dilvish's most trusted friend and companion, Black is a horse that came with Dilvish from Hell. Made out of black iron, intelligent, and capable of speech, Black knows a few minor magics, and is completely loyal to Dilvish.

doliest
2010-01-20, 09:26 PM
I just realized that I didn't have a plan to get Soth in contact with anyone, short of them getting into contact with him first. Any suggestions that don't involve roasting three more towns? Because that is currently the plan I have Soth under..:smalltongue:

industrious
2010-01-20, 09:28 PM
I'll have Raistlin cast a (minor) spell. Soth should be able to sense the magic of The Master of Past and Present.

EDIT: Done.

doliest
2010-01-20, 09:32 PM
...That could work; now to figure out the travel issue....and what woman Soth can stalk in the Varden. :smalleek:

Cracklord
2010-01-20, 10:00 PM
For those who have read Raimond E. Feist, allow me to provide this little spoiler. Galbatorix is a dragonrider, you lot are not the first outsiders to come to this world, and his real name is Lowris-Takara, lord of shadows.

By the way, the following characters can use the One Ring to it's full potential, a terrifying prospect on this world: Galbatorix, Elric, Raistlin. Maybe Lord Soth, but probably not.

doliest
2010-01-20, 10:28 PM
Bilbo ain't letting it out of his sight in the forseeable future; it's far too important to his evil plans to dominate the world. :smallamused:

How long should I wait before having Soth head out for the source of controlled magic? I'm trying not to break the 'turns' rule; and I'm worried that slaughtering an entire fort may be all I should do. For a LONG time.

Cracklord
2010-01-20, 10:32 PM
Well, Galbatorix is going to be pissed, since that was a significant portion of his battle plan, and the Varden now have a good chance of winning. So pissed, he's going to come himself in two days, as soon as he hears the news.
So I'd get yourself some friends quick.

Prime32
2010-01-21, 04:59 AM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/238/710317-lina_inverse_default_large.png
Lina Inverse
+Powerful blaster mage who has mastered the Dragon Slave (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIS2b7EOpB4) and Ragna Blade (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9P2B6v-0HY) spells (EDIT: Spells in Slayers (http://www.inverse.org/e/bkg/magic/alpha.shtml))
+Intelligent and highly aware of cliches, which should make her practically psychic in this setting :smalltongue:
+Possesses a spell which can kill anything, but at the risk of destroying the universe if miscast, which makes her understandably reluctant to use it
>Average at swordplay (enough to beat mooks with ease, but not dedicated swordsmen)
-Low aptitude in healing magic, moderate aptitude in anti-spirit magic.
-Short-tempered, responds to teasing with fireballs. Dislikes being called a kid, and do not call her flat-chested if you value your life.
-Very fond of gold - will do just about anything if the pay is good enough
-Big Eater. Since her companion is also a Big Eater, make sure your village has a few weeks of food supplies.
-Loses most of her powers at "that time of the month"
-Terrified of her sister
-Tends to gain a slightly exaggerated reputation wherever she goes, with half the people she meets believing that she eats babies and such if they realise who she is, though most are still willing to hire her. Granted, she usually introduces herself as "the beautiful, genius sorceress Lina Inverse", who few people have heard of. Now, "Lina Inverse, the Bandit Killer", "Lina Inverse, the Dragon Spooker", or "Lina Inverse, Enemy Of All Who Live"...

And because you can't have Lina without Gourry (seriously, it's just not half as fun without the banter):

http://larcho.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/zplayer-2008-07-13-14-18-21-10.jpg
Gourry Gabriev
+Extremely skilled swordsman
+Possesses the Sword of Light, a high-level magic weapon with a blade made of energy which can absorb spells and release them at increased power. Can also extend to strike distant targets, and damages spirits as if they were physical beings. Most of the time he just uses it like a normal sword though.
>Would fight God himself herself to save Lina
-Dumb as a ton of bricks, forgets characters and plot details easily. Strong enough that he could have been a magic user to rival Lina if he could remember the words.
-Big Eater

darkblade
2010-01-21, 12:28 PM
Just out of curiosity do I get to play Artemis now that him and Leonidas have spilt the Spartans?

Prime32
2010-01-21, 02:22 PM
Okay to enter with Lina and Gourry?

Cracklord
2010-01-21, 04:58 PM
Sorry had to sleep.
Yes, you do get to play Artemis.

They are both approved.
I was expecting something like the light warriors from 8-bit theatre.

Prime32
2010-01-21, 05:07 PM
I was expecting something like the light warriors from 8-bit theatre.I've heard Black Mage described as a cross between the Lina from the new seasons of Slayers (where everyones' personalities were exaggerated) and Eric Cartman.

Slayers is more like OotS with the rules jokes substituted for slapstick.

Cracklord
2010-01-21, 05:22 PM
Oh, we've ruined millions of lives. They are just being babies about it.

I need to go to the toilet, and it feels like such a waste if I don't have victims.

Sounds like a pretty fair description, actually.

Well, post when ready.

Prime32
2010-01-21, 05:40 PM
Posted. You should know that it's mandatory for the first episode of any season of Slayers to end with a Dragon Slave. :smalltongue:

Cracklord
2010-01-21, 05:43 PM
Oh good.
I like this show already, where can I get the episodes?

darkblade
2010-01-21, 05:50 PM
Are there any other major differences between the common known incarnations of the Camelot court and the one you are using for this game that I should know about?

Cracklord
2010-01-21, 05:59 PM
Galahad is Lancelot's half brother and Gawain doesn't exist. And Arthur is pagan, and can become axe-crazy. It's... dark. On level with a song of ice and fire.
And Merlin dirty old man with no tact or politeness but plenty of awesome.

darkblade
2010-01-21, 06:16 PM
Considering that the Black Knight essentially is Medieval Magic Batman it makes a certain amount of sense to have a corrupt version of Camelot as his backdrop.

Prime32
2010-01-21, 06:42 PM
Was "submit your chit" a typo? :smallconfused:

Cracklord
2010-01-21, 06:44 PM
Chit. Chitty. License, if you will, showing which Imperial school you were trained at. It's to ensure they don't let rebels into Imperial cities.

darkblade
2010-01-21, 06:59 PM
((Both. I was merely wondering about the film; I know a lot about the emperor, I was wondering whether the film is any good. Also, I'm pretty sure that depending on who ends up 'King,' this game may end with one person crowned 'Caligula.' My money's on Deadpool breaking in from the Twilight game to do so.))

Noooo. Deadpool is staying right where he is. These games are crazy enough without crossovers between the two of them by fourth wall breaking psychopaths.

doliest
2010-01-21, 07:12 PM
....So Bilbo breaking reality to kick ???? in the back of the head is canceled?

Edit:I'm taking advice on 'Soth's travels' should my post over them be a parody of the ending of Conan, or a parody of Yor's World?

darkblade
2010-01-21, 07:16 PM
Thats who I should have played as damnit. Yor!

doliest
2010-01-21, 07:17 PM
I don't think Cracklord would have gone with ANYONE ever played by Reb Brown; mostly because you'd win the internet.

darkblade
2010-01-21, 07:21 PM
But now I'll never have an excuse to say "We're going to need a lot more hemp before we're through."

doliest
2010-01-21, 07:24 PM
....Must...resist...urge....not...resisting....wel l....Ellipse.

Prime32
2010-01-21, 07:36 PM
Request event to take place while Lina is en-route to the tavern.

Cracklord
2010-01-21, 08:12 PM
Alright, sure.

I decided to give Eragon a superman complex. What do you think?
Two sides, one a Caligula, a petulant child with more power then any man should have and without the experience or self control to apply it, the other an eldritch abomination by any other name with no comprehension of anything but power, and less then no empathy who would break the world without even considering the fact that people live on it.
Only the world of the Light warriors can be said to be so terrible.

Prime32
2010-01-21, 08:22 PM
I decided to give Eragon a superman complex. What do you think?
Two sides, one a Caligula, a petulant child with more power then any man should have and without the experience or self control to apply it, the other an eldritch abomination by any other name with no comprehension of anything but power, and less then no empathy who would break the world without even considering the fact that people live on it.
Only the world of the Light warriors can be said to be so terrible.I don't think Eragon ever saw himself as the smartest/wisest person in the world - he still has respect for Brom, etc., and Paolini himself said he's not very bright (Eragon is likely to agree with the author for obvious reasons). Just "smarter than you". :smalltongue:

Lina Inverse
As you make your way towards the tavern, you catch a glimpse of something out of the corner of your eye. A shadow in the shadows, sliding along, a man’s shape in mottled grays and a shapeless cloak, barely more than a vague hint of texture in the murk…
The figure of a tall, lean man peeled back the hood of his cloak and stopped midstep. He turned and stared directly at the young scorcceress, his maroon hair in thick braids, his mouth open to reveal serrated, triangular teeth. The look the stranger gave sent a shiver soul deep. It was it’s eyes, they were ancient, knowing and so, so cold. They stripped away the layers of lies and identity and delved deep into the core of who she was. They knew her.If the Shade starts using mental attacks I should point out that Lina has been shown to be quite resistant. Her headband may or may not provide additional shielding - it wasn't made quite clear. :smallconfused:

Will post tomorrow.

Cracklord
2010-01-21, 08:26 PM
I don't think Eragon ever saw himself as the smartest/wisest person in the world - he still has respect for Brom, etc., and Paolini himself said he's not very bright (Eragon is likely to agree with the author for obvious reasons). Just "smarter than you". :smalltongue:

Eragon got told by Saphira he had become wise. If she says so, it must be true. Anyone who says different is evil.

industrious
2010-01-21, 08:32 PM
...That's who I should have picked. I could have gone with Black Mage. Or Thief. Thief would be fun.

And Raistlin is still pretending to be a weak archivist who stumbled into something marvelous. So the most magic you'll see out of him(until he has to, at least) will be what he could do in the first Dragonlance book.

Cracklord
2010-01-21, 09:00 PM
I think Doliest is slipping...

doliest
2010-01-21, 09:24 PM
I think Doliest is slipping...

Slipping how? I'd say my post are completely lucid.

Cracklord
2010-01-21, 10:42 PM
You've recovered!

doliest
2010-01-21, 10:51 PM
....I may have been out of it a little while my toe was recovering; it seemed to make me far giddier than I normally am. I was falling over laughing about that Salmon Mousse joke for several minutes.

industrious
2010-01-21, 10:52 PM
You hurt your toe?

doliest
2010-01-21, 10:56 PM
Week ago, hit it and it got infected. I had just thought it was an ingrown toenail(friend had one that looked alot like it), but I finally actually asked about it and it turned out the swelling(which had made walking and getting socks on quite a pain) had been an infection. Got something for it, and in the time it took to reduce the swelling and kill the pain, I was more than a little giddy.

Cracklord
2010-01-22, 12:03 AM
Lord Soth, what have you done?

doliest
2010-01-22, 12:07 AM
....He's unintentionally unraveled Raistlin's well thought out plan? The one he's been planning for a long time, I'm guessing? I haven't been reading his posts outside of the ones where he casts spells. On the other hand, he's basically a god, so I don't think he's in actual danger.

Edit:Oh and fallen in love.

industrious
2010-01-22, 12:20 AM
Explain her train of thought, then? For my benefit, not Raistlin's; he doesn't know that she doesn't know exactly what's going on. Still, he's decided to give up this game in particular.

And Raistlin, while (very) powerful, hasn't yet made the journey back in time to become Fistandantilus. Which means that there is a slight chance that he is in actual danger.

Cracklord
2010-01-22, 12:26 AM
She is convinced that he's infiltrated the Varden to kill them all. Some of what she thinks is almost accurate, she's convinced he's using them to gain power, but she thinks its for a different reason. Besides, she's just been insulted by Percy, Lord Soth, and you, and she's frustrated beyond belief.

industrious
2010-01-22, 12:32 AM
Well, she isn't half wrong. Plan B it is.

doliest
2010-01-22, 12:34 AM
Raist has a Plan B? Please tell me it isn't 'Twice as many doomsday spells as Plan A.'

industrious
2010-01-22, 12:39 AM
Of course not; far more than twice. Plan A didn't have any doomsday spells in it to begin with.

I was looking forward to sparring "wits" with Eragon and Nuasda. Plan B requires a...coarser hand.

The Tygre
2010-01-22, 12:43 AM
Yikes! I'm way behind! (I can't really slack off studying this semester, not if I want to keep my tuition.) I don't suppose one of you kind gents could pass out a quick-as-Hell rundown, could you?

doliest
2010-01-22, 12:44 AM
.....Please don't wipe Soth out of existence; I was enjoying a game where I'm on equal footing (if not above) everyone else on the power scale. Besides; if I lose Soth, I'm going to have to beg Cracklord to allow me to play Sir Lancelot.
From Monty Python and the Holy Grail

industrious
2010-01-22, 12:51 AM
Not wiping out Lord Soth. I'm striking at Eragon here; Raistlin really really really hates the oaf. Remember him during the Test, when he thought Cameron could do magic? That's what Eragon basically is. That boy is in for some rough times...

And Raistlin is in the continent to get to Carnegie Hall. and we all know how you get to Carnegie Hall-Practice. He view the entire continent as a practice field for his other epic plan: the one with Crysania and becoming a god.

doliest
2010-01-22, 12:52 AM
So Lancelot isn't going to be making an appearance, nor Bupu.

Cracklord
2010-01-22, 01:19 AM
Yikes! I'm way behind! (I can't really slack off studying this semester, not if I want to keep my tuition.) I don't suppose one of you kind gents could pass out a quick-as-Hell rundown, could you?

Bilbo is siding with a side I made for all the less morally dodgy characters. Lu-Tze has joined with some of the Spartans, the others have either made their way back to Sparta or joined the Elves. Raistlin has just been found out, Nuasda has become somewhat awesome, Eragon gave a great speech, Guts is going to Dras Leona, and nanobot_swarm's characters are just starting.

So Lancelot isn't going to be making an appearance, nor Bupu.

No, its far to perilous.
I mean the chasm of eternal peril, not the peril at the castle, which is far to perilous as well.

doliest
2010-01-22, 01:22 AM
Bah! Nothing is too perilous for Sir Lancelot; Peril fits his.....what was it?

Cracklord
2010-01-22, 01:24 AM
Blue!
No wait...
...Yellow?

doliest
2010-01-22, 01:30 AM
*Arrow flies at Cracklord*
I'll avenge your death, Cracklord!

Cracklord
2010-01-22, 01:32 AM
I will taunt you viciously a second time!

darkblade
2010-01-22, 01:33 AM
But if Lancelot were around Percy might have one person he knows who doesn't want to kill him. Maybe.

doliest
2010-01-22, 01:34 AM
Indeed; they would quest for The Holy Grail together, and there would be much rejoicing. Then we'd get to the middle of the game.

darkblade
2010-01-22, 01:38 AM
You're making all the wrong Monty Python jokes about the Black Knight.

doliest
2010-01-22, 01:41 AM
I'm trying to avoid being trite and obvious; anyone can make a Black Knight joke; it takes skill to play 'Spot the Sue'...well outside of these games anyway.

Cracklord
2010-01-22, 07:33 AM
I would like to apologize for the made up characters. It's only so you have something to do other then slaughter mooks.

darkblade
2010-01-23, 12:32 AM
Yes we are going to train the Spartans to be Discworld level genre savvy. This shall be awesome.

industrious
2010-01-23, 12:35 AM
They will know kung fu.

darkblade
2010-01-23, 12:39 AM
Yes, Kung Fu Genre Savvy Spartans!

Cracklord
2010-01-23, 06:35 AM
I'm scared.

Industrious, I tried. God knows, I tried. Yet I could not find so much as a shred of characterization to her, that was not arrogance or explaining why she wouldn't let Eragon into her pants. So I gave up.

industrious
2010-01-23, 10:34 AM
That is scary. Considering Raistlin's plan, though, that will just make things easier.

Cracklord
2010-01-23, 04:26 PM
Agrippa, if you still want to play, I have one word for you. Beowulf.

doliest
2010-01-23, 04:39 PM
So, I'm guessing Soth's going to die in the fight to come? Because, short of the Krynn pantheon showing up to save him out of....boredom? I can't imagine him overpowering the King; he might win the battle, but he's definitely not getting out of this fight alive with his unlife intact.

Cracklord
2010-01-23, 05:08 PM
Nah, Nuasda is going to order him to survive, and so he will. If necessary, Eragon will fly him out.

doliest
2010-01-23, 05:18 PM
....Well, guess I can cross off that dramatic pre-death monologue then.

Cracklord
2010-01-23, 05:20 PM
Hey, if you want him to die...

doliest
2010-01-23, 05:26 PM
Nah, it was just a Bob and George reference; I re-read part of the comic and felt compelled to have Soth quote Bob.

Cracklord
2010-01-23, 05:36 PM
Prime32, sorry about the gender mix up, all anime characters look like girls to me. Consider it fixed.

Prime32
2010-01-23, 06:49 PM
Prime32, sorry about the gender mix up, all anime characters look like girls to me. Consider it fixed.You've started watching Slayers? Just wait 'til episode 17. Of any season. :smalltongue:

I think now would be a good time for the Shade to turn up still alive and attack the tavern. Because it's a law of the universe that anyone who places their hope and faith in Lina Inverse or her companions will have that hope brutally crushed.

Cracklord
2010-01-23, 06:56 PM
That was my plan.

EDIT: Can't wait for you to tell Artemis. Remember his reaction in the movie?

Prime32
2010-01-23, 09:35 PM
Wait, do Shades do that "Agent" thing? :smallconfused: I thought their original body just reformed after a number of days. I mean, when Eragon linked to Durza's mind, he only received memories from the spirits' original summoner, not any other "hosts".

I'm fine going along with it this way though.

Cracklord
2010-01-23, 09:42 PM
The way I see it, the spirits fuse with the soul, then steal whichever other bodies are handy. It's still the same shade, the same spirits fused with a soul, just another body. Otherwise all that conservation of matter/energy in the next book was even more of a total waste of time. I admit that is likely, as Chris seems to be immune to consistency, but in an effort to get over this, that's the way it is.

Cracklord
2010-01-23, 11:35 PM
I feel the need to state two things for the record. One, that is a direction i took with Arya, probably inaccurate.
Two, nothing any of the NPC's state as fact is to be trusted.

industrious
2010-01-23, 11:46 PM
Stage One(1) of Plan B is now in effect.

And you thought Raistlin would go for the cliche "kidnap hero's love interest to draw him out" technique.

Cracklord
2010-01-23, 11:55 PM
Well played, Mr Majere.

industrious
2010-01-23, 11:59 PM
Thank you. Raistlin is just going to basically sit there until the Varden/Eragon discover the map he left behind, and mount an expedition to his location. If he gets hungry, he'll create food/water as he must.

And his interactions with Eragon will be so very...interesting. Especially because he knows that Arya is watching him. Raistlin so does love to break people...

doliest
2010-01-24, 12:07 AM
Well played indeed; I'm starting to enjoy actually planning out a battle strategy for Soth to use when the King's army storms the keep.

industrious
2010-01-24, 12:11 AM
Remember the strange rules of the Eragon-verse though: flaming ballistae are employed against infantry, infantry can charge a hundred yards and still remain victorious etc.

doliest
2010-01-24, 12:16 AM
...Cracklord, please tell me this insanity will not prevail; I actually like military history and would actually like to not be penalized for such.

industrious
2010-01-24, 12:20 AM
Here's a question: can Lord Soth recognize the scent of Raistlin's magic? More importantly, what will he do about it?

doliest
2010-01-24, 12:24 AM
Unless he interferes? Nothing. Soth is respectful of the Master of Past and Present, and has no plans to interfere unless they stop him or hurt Nu(I'm NOT TYPING HER FULL NAME AGAIN.)

industrious
2010-01-24, 12:27 AM
Define interfere. Raistlin's plan doesn't end with puppies and flowers for all, you know. He will definitely keep his promise, and not harm Nasuada, though. For a given definition of harm. Does emotional trauma count?

Oh crap. Just forgot about Elva. Anybody have an idea?

And just imagining Arya's torment right now...mmmm, tasty. Is it wrong to ask for a scene from her POV?

doliest
2010-01-24, 12:31 AM
....It may; depends on the mood Soth is in, and if she's more or less receptive to him after it. As for interfere, if Soth feels it say, costs him the battle, Raist becomes a head shorter.

Cracklord
2010-01-24, 12:38 AM
...Cracklord, please tell me this insanity will not prevail; I actually like military history and would actually like to not be penalized for such.

Son, you killed all of twenty thousand troops with one man. In a single night. That's a bit more then 1666 in a single hour. Or 27 a minute. Almost one every two seconds. It's not physically possible.
I planned to do it that way. I wrote up all the imperial generals, how they act and what they're strategies are, I though of some cunning strategems and gambits, and then you did that to me.

Industrious, write as many scenes from her point of view as you like. But i warn you, such actions have a way of biting you in the arse...

industrious
2010-01-24, 12:42 AM
Alright. I'll put one scene in her POV, instead of Raistlin's; shake things up a little.

doliest
2010-01-24, 12:46 AM
...I'd actually assumed that your were exaggerating that he'd killed all of them. You know, most of them running? But then, guess that makes sense that I should shut the hell up.

Cracklord
2010-01-24, 12:49 AM
They cannot physically run. It's a significant part of the books, to make it more serious make them unthinking drones that Eragon doesn't have to feel bad about killing.
So no. I assume you called in your army or something, and used magic a lot...

darkblade
2010-01-24, 12:49 AM
Merlin gave Percy the role of Black Knight. Arthur doesn't even know that the cowardly noble he put on the Round Table to apease Merlin's insane rambling is the Black Knight.

Cracklord
2010-01-24, 12:50 AM
Now suffer the consequences. Dominic Deegan style war scenes (kidding. Mostly, anyway.)

Didn't realize, Darkblade. Correcting it now.

doliest
2010-01-24, 01:17 AM
..I've only read the first book, I didn't know about that until you mentioned it.

Cracklord
2010-01-24, 01:23 AM
Oh. well, when you make an oath in the ancient language, it's unbreakable, and Galbatorix makes all his men do that. they physically can't retreat, or betray him. They're unfreeable slaves. So it's alright to kill them.

doliest
2010-01-24, 01:33 AM
...Can't retreat? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS MAN?

Cracklord
2010-01-24, 02:01 AM
He went to the General Haig school of advanced tactics. The loss of men is tragic. The loss of ammunition is inexcusable.

doliest
2010-01-24, 02:05 AM
You know, when the Soviets did it? It was a decent strategy due to massive numerical advantage and a populace for whom open warfare was indistinguishable from everyday life; wouldn't think it would work so well in a civil war fueled by anger at .....nope, not sure what the King's crimes are suppose to be.

Cracklord
2010-01-24, 02:10 AM
He killed a race of inhuman tyrants who were above any authority, very racist and puppets of the elves.
It's warlord Mustache all over again.

doliest
2010-01-24, 02:12 AM
...If Soth wasn't evil and purely self-interested, I'd wonder how long it would take to switch sides. Seriously, what kind of justification can a rebellion have here? The kingdom's strong, civil liberties look pretty good for an absolute monarchy, and a nice standard of living.
Edit:I should warn you in advance; Medieval Warfare was never my best study point; so I'm going to be adapted a different type; is that acceptable?

Cracklord
2010-01-24, 03:34 AM
No nobility taking advantage of anyone, no real bandit problem, he keeps peace with sixteen thousand men, taxes seem diverted to large scale building programs, freedom of religion, freedom of speech, total gender equality, no serfs, slaves are simply a cultural thing rather then government policy, so it's not really OK to blame him, I could go on.
His only flaw is making use of inhuman beasts that eat people. Dragons eat people too, but that doesn't count because they're so pretty!

doliest
2010-01-24, 03:43 AM
EXACTLY! What are they rebelling against? This seems to really just be the equivalent of a particular noble wanting to be king, more than an actual rebellion. Throw in that he got the 'arrogant' part of the elves, without the 'history of being good guys' part, and you wonder if we're really supposed to sympathize with the 'heroes.'

Cracklord
2010-01-24, 05:31 AM
The issue, as I understand it, is that he's got no policy banning weapons or travel, and so it's easy for a revolution. The people actually rebelling are a tiny, vocal minority.
Fortunately, they have only four women, so the can't really breed.
I've always been really pissed of by the description of why Caravall rose up. One man was killed in an accident, a barn was burned down and the soldiers didn't offer reimbursement, and a member of the community was threatened with arrest for good reason by the proper authorities. That's all.
Yes, things are so good that all it takes to start a revolution is that. Under what must be the saddest example of an evil king ever. Even in Australia, possibly one of the most forward country in terms of civil rights and fairness, that wouldn't even get a reaction, except in extremist media. Comrade Stalin would have had them all (Herefore meaning the entire town) starved to death, and there would have been no revolution. Emperor Caligula would have had them all tortured to death and the women raped, still no revolution. Vlad Teppes would give them the opportunity to appreciate the scenery form a height via massive stakes through the chest. I can't even imagine what someone like Atilla the Hun would have done, and I'd rather not. Any evil overlord ever, no matter how B-Grade the production would have at the very least taken them all prisoner to get the hero to cave in.
Why is Galbatorix (which actually means closer to Awesome King then Terrible King, incidentally, Christopher the linguist) the bad guy? All he can be confirmed f doing is killing the Riders (If Eragon is an example, a good and just thing), and killing a few servants. If we are to assume the Empire is evil as we are constantly told, then good for him, killing of a few bad guys. If not, well, maybe he had his reasons. The Varden says they get spies into the palace after all.

Prime32
2010-01-24, 08:56 AM
First, the people of Carvahall are descended from the court of the king before Galbatorix, who... didn't like him that much. Second, the town storyteller is a former Dragon Rider who went half-mad after his dragon was killed and swore revenge on the Empire (founding the Varden for this purpose).

I think that explains the "revolution without a cause" stuff.

When "Yoda" asks Eragon why he should fight Galbatorix, his answers are that since Galbatorix is immortal he will cause more suffering over time than any revolution could, and that HE KILLED THE DRAGONS!!!!11!!eleven! Stop rolling your eyes for a minute - that ancient pact between dragons, elves and humans caused the fates of the races to become linked. The elves declined in numbers, and the humans had... less poetry or something. Yeah.

EDIT: Raistlin you bastard.
EDIT2: Lina needs to be either insulted or to encounter something she can't kill with her normal spells before "the end of the first episode". I expected this guy to be more resilient :smalltongue:

Cracklord
2010-01-24, 04:34 PM
Ah no, Palancar declared war on the elves (good man) and got deposed because the Riders are able to do that. So if anything their bloodline should make them on his side.
And most revolutions come about due to 'the iron rice bowl.' Starvation. Not stories.

Ah. But Galbatorix is trying to make more Riders too. So functionally, it doesn't matter which side wins.

Prime32
2010-01-24, 05:44 PM
*eyebrow twitches* The name of the leader of the Varden is spelled Nasuada. I didn't say anything the first few times, but my inner spelling-freak is starting to scream and bang on the walls.

doliest
2010-01-24, 05:50 PM
...This is what I hate about Fantasy; why can't we have normal names? How about John, Isaac, or Michael? Would it be too hard to give the characters names that are easy to spell and remember?

Cracklord
2010-01-24, 05:54 PM
Why? Different cultures, different Numerology.

*eyebrow twitches* The name of the leader of the Varden is spelled Nasuada. I didn't say anything the first few times, but my inner spelling-freak is starting to scream and bang on the walls.

I apologize. Consider the name changed.

Prime32
2010-01-24, 05:55 PM
Lina Inverse
The shade cuts the plates out of the air, then throws himself aside, the beam passing over him and punching a hole through the wall. "Yes. What of it?" He says, as he strides forward, bringing up his sword in a sharp movement aimed at disemboweling the sorceress.Wait, does he still have Gourry's sword or just his own one?

doliest
2010-01-24, 06:02 PM
I know, but it does tend to hurt my brain when trying to remember characters by name only. This is why any literature filled with either Bland characters, or characters with really similar names are things I refuse to read; I almost always misinterpret who's who, and as a result the plot makes no sense to me.

Cracklord
2010-01-24, 06:03 PM
His own one. Gourry's is on the ground.

industrious
2010-01-24, 06:04 PM
Agreed. Though that sometimes happens even with the best literature. For example, I sometimes mix up Hari Seldon and Salvor Hardin. To my great shame:smallfrown:.

Prime32
2010-01-24, 06:52 PM
It makes no sense, but could you have the Shade says something about Lina being flat-chested in the next post? :smalltongue:

Cracklord
2010-01-24, 07:28 PM
OK. But only because you asked so nicely.

industrious
2010-01-24, 08:57 PM
I lol'd at Lina's reaction. Now, then...to beat it...

Prime32
2010-01-25, 08:14 AM
Eragon is not deigning to get his hands dirty, watching the others prepare while he strokes his dragon and fantasizes about Arya.His "dragon"? Is that what he calls it? :smalltongue:

industrious
2010-01-25, 08:15 AM
Exactly what I thought as well.

Prime32
2010-01-25, 08:35 AM
Industrious, have you read Brisingr? Would you know what "a small object resembling a piece of amber" would be? :smallwink:

industrious
2010-01-25, 08:42 AM
Read it but the object in question slips my mind.

Prime32
2010-01-25, 08:46 AM
Read it but the object in question slips my mind.
The crystal containing the soul of the ancient gold dragon Glaedr, and a powerful source of magic.

industrious
2010-01-25, 08:49 AM
...That would do it. I envisioned it as a bit larger, though; roughly the size of a Fabergé egg.

And Raistlin has no problem with giving that away. He already has something better.

Prime32
2010-01-25, 08:51 AM
Well, don't feel any compulsion to give it to him - whether or not he gets it won't really affect anything.

industrious
2010-01-25, 08:53 AM
Raistlin's Plan(TM), if all goes swimmingly, will leave him with more than enough power to spare. Giving up the power source of a single dragon will be a pittance.

doliest
2010-01-25, 09:23 AM
His "dragon"? Is that what he calls it? :smalltongue:

Soth really is considering roasting him. Slowly; and would if he wasn't a necessary stalling tactic meatshield soldier and trusted ally is the term I was looking for. Yes; soldier and trusted ally.

industrious
2010-01-25, 09:26 AM
Yes; soldier and trusted ally.

Not for long. Not for long. *evil laughter, followed by coughing*

doliest
2010-01-25, 09:33 AM
Not for long. Not for long. *evil laughter, followed by coughing*

HE'D BETTER STILL BE AROUND TO THROW AT THE KING! DON'T CARE ABOUT HIS MENTAL STATE WHILE DOING IT, BUT HE NEEDS TO BE PHYSICALLY CAPABLE OF STALLING THE KING!

TYPING IN ALL CAPS IS FUN!!!11!!1

industrious
2010-01-25, 09:38 AM
Define "throw." And "around." And "physically capable." Just to be on the safe side.

Prime32
2010-01-25, 09:39 AM
Everything is going just as keihaku*.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XFGuSZ6n1LY/SProlhLVDMI/AAAAAAAADMw/dXfftIu7wa0/s400/slayers_xellos011.jpg
*keihaku means planned.

doliest
2010-01-25, 09:42 AM
Still physically around, as in still in the area. 'Throw' as in when Soth lifts him up and throws him at the King, he can still waste the king's time for a few moments in what I call the 'Bikke Maneuver,' and as in, still alive and can swing a sword.

Edit:Just as planned? I'm a death note fan; no offense, but you're no Light. I'm no Light; that's why people shouldn't quote that line.

Prime32
2010-01-25, 09:44 AM
Still physically around, as in still in the area. 'Throw' as in when Soth lifts him up and throws him at the King, he can still waste the king's time for a few moments in what I call the 'Bikke Maneuver,' and as in, still alive and can swing a sword.
Rider-doken?

doliest
2010-01-25, 09:46 AM
More like,
Soth: 'I've got the rider'
Gal:'Do you know how to use it, Soth'
*Throws Eragon*
Gal: 'Surprising and vindictive, and I can respect that Soth,'

industrious
2010-01-25, 10:09 AM

Yes to throw and around. No to physically capable.

doliest
2010-01-25, 10:14 AM
Yes to throw and around. No to physically capable.

Well his corpse will buy Soth a few seconds, now what can I use my new dragon for? Emergency Rations? Or a fast moving flamethrower/B17 Bomber? OH OH! Retarded angel of death from above!

industrious
2010-01-25, 10:29 AM
I was definitely thinking Emergency Rations. Among other things.

doliest
2010-01-25, 10:31 AM
...Can Soth become a Dragon Rider? It would be kind of awesome...and if not, can Bilbo? Please? Dragon riding Death Knight or Hobbit would be the definition of win.

industrious
2010-01-25, 10:36 AM
It really doesn't work that way. You need a bond in order to be a Rider; I can't think of any real way to create one artificially.

Though yes, that would be awesome. Riding a dragon is fine; being a Rider is different. Raistlin rode Cyan Bloodbane, for instance.

doliest
2010-01-25, 11:28 AM
...What about Bilbo? He's about to steal an egg; maybe it'll bond with him over a love of smoking pipe weed...and it will be voiced by Connery. Sean Connery.:smallcool:

The Tygre
2010-01-25, 01:26 PM
HEY! If anyone's becoming a dragon rider, it's going to be the person who has had experience with actually riding dragons! I humbly request, oh mighty GM, a chance to prove Elric worthy of a dragon or draconic creature. Hell, as long as it's relatively large, flies, and is capable of killing people, I'll give it a shot. Besides, Elric needs a new mount. His old dragon can only work for about ten hours, then falls asleep for a hundred years. It's kind of like the Hum-V of dragons.

darkblade
2010-01-25, 02:57 PM
but Kung Fu Spartans riding Dragons. None of you can handle that awesome.

industrious
2010-01-25, 03:02 PM
Pirate-Ninja hybrids riding dragons.

The Tygre
2010-01-25, 05:49 PM
Infernal Exalted riding a dragon.

industrious
2010-01-25, 05:54 PM
Squirrel Girl riding a dragon construct made entirely of squirrels.

darkblade
2010-01-25, 06:29 PM
Now thats just getting silly. Squirrel Girl and Infernal Exhalted are already so insanely awesome that a dargon would just take away some.

The Tygre
2010-01-25, 06:30 PM
Now thats just getting silly. Squirrel Girl and Infernal Exhalted are already so insanely awesome that a dargon would just take away some.

Unless... it was a Squirrel god that had been made into an akuma by Malfeas and wyld-tainted to resemble a dragon!

Prime32
2010-01-25, 06:32 PM
Now thats just getting silly. Squirrel Girl and Infernal Exhalted are already so insanely awesome that a dargon would just take away some.So what about Squirrel Girl riding an Infernal Exalted or vice versa?

Cracklord
2010-01-25, 06:42 PM
Ah, Tolkien beat you all.
Balrogs riding dragons. Which I've always felt proves they don't have wings, but it's hilarious if they do.

Given that it is not physically possible to top that, Elric can have a chance, followed by Bilbo.

industrious
2010-01-25, 06:47 PM
Personally, I think Balrogs have wings. I just think that they are non-functional. More gliding than flying, if anything.

And yes. I just did that. Raistlin is a bad, bad man.

Cracklord
2010-01-25, 08:05 PM
Who needs a spanking, according to a frighting number of fangirls.
Yes, I went there.
And he's lucky. Elric could have got him.

doliest
2010-01-25, 08:10 PM
Unfortunately, Soth is going to have to intervene; he still needs Eragon.

industrious
2010-01-25, 08:40 PM
Well that shakes things up a bit. How much time before the king arrives, or is he already here?

Cracklord
2010-01-25, 08:42 PM
He's here.
Run while you still can.

doliest
2010-01-25, 08:44 PM
...Soth is going to kill Raistlin. Violently and slowly if he dies again; A castle dropped on him? Acceptable death; by the King's hand? Haunting for all eternity.

industrious
2010-01-25, 08:51 PM
Raistlin can teleport Soth and his banshees out at any point. He's going to try(and probably fail) one of his little schemes first. He has a few more drops to drain from the corpse of the Varden. Right now, he's managed to get Brisingr, Glaedir's heart of hearts, and the Belt of Beloth the Wise. He's looking to go 4 for 4. Then he'll leave.

The Tygre
2010-01-25, 09:46 PM
Bitches, I have the two most powerful swords in this or any other multiverse.

I love you Cracklord. :smallredface: You'll have to believe when I say this has always been a personal fantasy of mine. I don't know if I'm about to go all Nightmare or get blasted by Arioch or whatever, but this is just frigging AWESOME. For one brief moment, I had both runeblades.

Now if only I could summon their zanpaktou...

doliest
2010-01-25, 09:52 PM
That is not a signal to kill Soth. THAT IS NOT A SIGNAL TO KILL SOTH. :smalltongue: If he actually gets anywhere near true death, he'll mutter minotaur, but as it stands, Galby is merely causing unbelievable pain.

Cracklord
2010-01-25, 09:55 PM
I am railroading a bit, aren't I?
Sorry, I'll stop at this point.

doliest
2010-01-25, 09:57 PM
Not that I've noticed; You've let me get away with stupid s*** that I would have killed my players for long ago, but then that's more a defense mechanism on my part.

industrious
2010-01-25, 09:58 PM
S'okay. It would have been rather boring to kill him now when the other players story-lines aren't done yet.

Also, I want a meeting between Raistlin and Bilbo. I wonder what the Ring would feel about him...

The Tygre
2010-01-25, 09:58 PM
I can understand if you railroad me. Having both runeblades at once kind of demands it.

doliest
2010-01-25, 10:16 PM
Can I have that fight listed as a CMoA? I know Soth lost, badly, but it was still several levels of awesome in my book.

Cracklord
2010-01-25, 10:18 PM
Sorry, but Leonidas just out did him. Try and picture that. Gerald Butler, angry face mode, shouting that out, to a bunch of ripped men in mankinies.

doliest
2010-01-25, 10:20 PM
Indeed. Darkblade, I'm going to come after you for this.

darkblade
2010-01-25, 10:23 PM
Well he needs a bath and I can't imagine him giving orders any other way.

doliest
2010-01-25, 10:25 PM
THIS!IS!BATHTIME!!!!

Spartan, fetch me my rubber ducky! Commander, come and get it!

TONIGHT WE BATHE IN PUBLIC!

Need I go on?:smallwink:

darkblade
2010-01-25, 10:27 PM
That was painfully hilarious.

doliest
2010-01-25, 10:31 PM
Thank you; it's nice to know reading My Immortal while watching 'Spice World' hasn't hurt my intellect.

The Tygre
2010-01-25, 10:41 PM
Thank you; it's nice to know reading My Immortal while watching 'Spice World' hasn't hurt my intellect.

Hey; Meatloaf absolves you of all sins. Never forget the sacrifice of the Loaf. And it now occurs to me that there's a giant bat in the courtyard. A bat out of Hell.

I can make this work.

EDIT: Anyting flying, actually...

industrious
2010-01-25, 10:46 PM
Well, Lu-Tze is training the Spartans to become Genre Savy soldiers who know Kung Fu. Well, no Kung Fu yet, but Two out of Three Ain't Bad.

darkblade
2010-01-25, 10:54 PM
Once Leonidas finishes his bath and talks to the Elven Queen we can get Lu-Tze to Sparta where he can get the third one too and it shall be awesome.

doliest
2010-01-25, 10:56 PM
I recently cracked open 'Eragon' and you know what I realized? The first few chapters; before the Raz'ac get involved are actually rather good, and where the part I liked growing up. As I re-read the chapters, I realized that had Pauloni expanded on the concept of Eragon razing the dragon in secret, slowly dealing with the concept of hiding it and realizing what he was getting into, all the while trying to worm information out of Brom without it being obvious, it could have been a good, original novel. Think about it; the first book could flesh out the setting and characters, in particular Eragon, through his actions and interactions, as well as Brom's stories and information. It could have led to a fleshed out setting where we really understand why the King is evil and what stakes Eragon has in everything. The novel could have ended with the arrival of the Raz'ac or the burning of the farm; leading into a sequel that was a contrast of an Eragon/Saphire pair that are fleshed out and liked by leaders, with an inner struggle over the repercussions of his actions as he is rapidly forced into the life of a Rider by Brom and the Varden. It could have actually been GOOD; or maybe I'm seeing potential where there is none.

Cracklord
2010-01-26, 03:00 AM
Oh you are right. I always think about what he has done right, and why he tried to change it. It could have been good.

Cracklord
2010-01-26, 07:02 AM
Incidentally, is their a sci-fi equivalent Sue series or universally terrible series? We're doing fantasy and modern, it would be a shame if we couldn't kill Sue's IN SPAAAAACE!!!!!!!

doliest
2010-01-26, 07:07 AM
Can't think of one, but then, very few Sci-fi series end up selling as madly as Fantasy or Modern, so if a really bad Sci-fi series came out, it would be rather hard to hear about. The Star Wars EU has some bad books, but then, it's still Star Wars.

Cracklord
2010-01-26, 07:17 AM
There must be! Find it, we must!
Think about the awesome characters we could play! The entire internet is at our disposal!
Yes, I am quite mad.

doliest
2010-01-26, 07:23 AM
No worse than the rest of us. I'll try to find something, but I can't assure you you'll have read it.

Cracklord
2010-01-26, 07:25 AM
I will, if that's what it takes.
Now searching Tvtropes.

darkblade
2010-01-26, 07:27 AM
We need to find this bad sci-fi so we can complete the spectrum.

Hmm I can think of lots of bad Sci-Fi but no Sue bad Sci-Fi.

doliest
2010-01-26, 07:32 AM
Council Wars by John Ringo looks promising; not as bad as when he let's his ID go, but still pretty bad.

Cracklord
2010-01-26, 07:36 AM
But is it bad enough? That is the question.
And it doesn't look bad enough, I'm afraid. Maybe if we're very desperate.
I'm tempted to say star trek, as Kirk is arguably one, and we could go after the Wesley himself, but it has too many good elements.

doliest
2010-01-26, 07:39 AM
But is it bad enough? That is the question.
And it doesn't look bad enough, I'm afraid. Maybe if we're very desperate.
I'm tempted to say star trek, as Kirk is arguably one, and we could go after the Wesley himself, but it has too many good elements.

Indeed, Kirk is actually awesome; it's like calling Bruce Campell is a Sue, the novels could be called that, depending on the specific book.

Cracklord
2010-01-26, 07:41 AM
Indeed, Kirk is actually awesome; it's like calling Bruce Campell is a Sue, the novels could be called that, depending on the specific book.

Exactly. That's why I said no.
Here we go.
1. Armor by John Steakley. Worst book ever.
2. Chrome by George Nader is a cloying homosexual romance set in a future United States where aliens are reducing human intelligence by encouraging inter-racial marriage. Not as bad as Twilight, but getting there.
3. Eagle Against the Stars. So crappy. So very crappy.
4. Avatar. There, I said it.

doliest
2010-01-26, 07:45 AM
Exactly. That's why I said no.
Here we go.
1. Armor by John Steakley. Worst book ever.
2. Chrome by George Nader is a cloying homosexual romance set in a future United States where aliens are reducing human intelligence by encouraging inter-racial marriage. Not as bad as Twilight, but getting there.
3. Eagle Against the Stars. So crappy. So very crappy.
4. Avatar. There, I said it.
2.Sounds too likely to break a forum rule to use.
4.I agree with that.
1 and 3 I've never heard of, and I look for crap.

Prime32
2010-01-26, 07:48 AM
Best that comes to mind is Gundam SEED Destiny. It's kind of tragic because the guy who ends up taking over the show halfway through wasn't nearly as Sue-ish when he was the main character of the last series.

Then again, Super Robot Wars Z already "fixed" it in the manner an RP thread would. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhQWAWEeyps&feature=related) Besides that clip, Kira "Jesus" Yamato is portrayed as an Anti Villain rather than a protagonist.

Cracklord
2010-01-26, 07:50 AM
Don't ever look at it. Even my immortal pales in comparison.

1. Chung Kuo
2. Starship troopers (though I found it awesome, because I was going through a Leninist phase and it made me feel justified)

So, space elves?

darkblade
2010-01-26, 07:57 AM
Avatar was bad but most of it's flaws came from Cameron claiming old ideas IN SPACE were the most original thing ever. Really the only differences in an Avatar game and the Eragon one would be it's IN SPACE.

You have a different sense of scope between Twilight and Eragon. Avatar doesn't have a different enough feel to really sit well on it's own merits.

Cracklord
2010-01-26, 08:01 AM
True, true.
Well, I can find plenty that is nauseatingly racist, sexist, blatantly unrealistic or boring, but that's the only real use of Mary Sues that is common knowledge and I can find...

Cracklord
2010-01-26, 08:11 AM
Perhaps Battlefield Earth?
Written by the founder of the Church of Scientology?

Prime32
2010-01-26, 08:14 AM
Perhaps Battlefield Earth?
Written by the founder of the Church of Scientology?
I think just saying that name violates forum rules. :smalltongue:

darkblade
2010-01-26, 08:18 AM
I wouldn't call anyone in Battlefront Earth a Sue. There has to be something to make us think the author wants us to like them for them to be a Sue.

Going through TV Tropes, Mobile Suit Gundam and Gundam SEED Destiny are the most commonly mentioned sci-fi series on the Sue pages. I have never watched any of the Gundam serieses in my life so I don't know.

Cracklord
2010-01-26, 08:20 AM
Alright, we need to find someone familiar with them to enlighten us.

Edit: God Emperor of Dune?

darkblade
2010-01-26, 08:32 AM
The problem with God Emperor of Dune is that like the Star Wars and Star Trek expanded universe there was a lot of good material preceding it and some not that bad stuff succeeding it.

Edit: Andromeda (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Andromeda)?

Cracklord
2010-01-26, 08:39 AM
Sold.
Let's somehow cross it over with Avatar too, just so there are two targets to make it more interesting, as a single ship isn't much of a target, and the two are made for each other. Damn Space hippies. A suggestion, nothing more.
Now all we need is a brave soul to research and DM it. If no one else will, I'll give it a go, but as I am at the moment I suspect this one would be better put in one of your capable hands.

darkblade
2010-01-26, 08:49 AM
That ship while full of sues is by no means the only problem. You have the avatars of everything running around as basically Exhalted Gods only cuter looking, the Nietzscheans who have the ego and supposed superiority of Eragon elves and the whole whoe is me I traded my humanity for awesomeness of twipires and the magog who are like smart zombies crosses with Aliens but I think I could work in the Na'vi and Pandora too with a little tweaking.

I guess I could DM it unless someone else wants to.

Who would be interested in a Sci-Fi lynching game?

Cracklord
2010-01-26, 08:51 AM
I would be, and Doliest seems to be.

Dibs on Emperor Palpatine and Mr Spock. I want to do someone from Warhammer 40k, but as usual, I made myself say no.

The Emperor
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/1664/palpatinepl5.jpg
1. Master Lightsaber combatant, letting him fight with superhuman abilities.
2. Unsurpassed mastery of the force. To quote: "I am the Darkside." May sense events, choke people literally light years away if he knows their precise location, find people with his brain, and shoot lightning, as well as push things and the usual stuff.
3. Chessmaster cunning and brilliance.
4. Master of manipulation and magnificent bastardy.

Mr Spock
http://api.ning.com/files/RukHliJ4UJBFNZuGV0OVhcXSeYm-TieH770CSx6DVfnepXWD2hTiTVbWBnJT6TlkFQE8BIVxuvsb-PoONOU8jj6Q90CIdeSx/spock6.jpg
1. Knows space kung fu!
2. Brilliant, if cold, intellect, and deductive reasoning powers.
3. Suppressed emotion.

doliest
2010-01-26, 09:02 AM
I'm willing to DM as a last resort, but you've all seen how iffy my update schedule can be. If I CAN play then my characters will be the 'Megas XLR' crew (would they count as 1 character?) and Visser 3 from Animorphs...I grew up on Animorphs, okay? Still, I haven't taken a turn DMing yet, so I'm willing to take one for the team, if someone can direct me to a store selling Avatar this soon.

Cracklord
2010-01-26, 09:09 AM
Don't worry about it, Darkblade will.
Viser 3 is an excellent choice, though imagine his reaction after finding out about the Galactic Empire. Or the Glorious Imperium of man.

Self control over ridden.

Commissar Sebastien Yarrick. (replaces Spock)
http://1d4chan.org/images/9/91/YarrickPortrait.jpg
1. An old, tired man, formerly an inspirational leader, with unfinished business, a giant power claw for a right arm and an eye that shoots lazer beams!!?!

Also, someone needs to play the man. The man himself. Arthur Dent.

The Tygre
2010-01-26, 09:11 AM
Hmm... I've always wanted a Na'vi skin rug. I was personally gonna' suggest we kill the Inuyasha universe next, for the sake of anime, but scifi' cool too. Another time, I suppose.

Cracklord
2010-01-26, 09:12 AM
So you'll be playing, right?
Oh, and I think, in the name of fairness, we should all get our own ships, as well as the characters we need to function. So you could play the Firefly cast, The Enterprise, the Emperor and forty or so storm troopers, Yarrick and a thunderhawk gunship (anything bigger would be no fun) with however many Imperial Guard and an officer to intimidate, or whatever. I mean, it wouldn't be IN SPACE! unless you could fly around IN SPACE! [/suggestion]

doliest
2010-01-26, 09:15 AM
I can't; I could never read the entire Hitchhiker series; before you burn me, I should say it's because I can never get through book 4. It hurts me. Regardless he said, 'if no one else' and I haven't taken one for the team yet. Besides; if I DM twilight, Bella becomes the main villain and a Xanatos gambit-ing witch who was manipulating the entire game; and anything involving large scale battles would hurt my self-control.

Edit:Anime? Inyuyasha? That doesn't even reach the top ten on anime as far as bad goes, especially when discussing Mary Sues.

darkblade
2010-01-26, 09:16 AM
I'd count the three Megas XLR characters as a single group since they really won't split up much.

Visser 3, Palpatine and Commissar Sebastien Yarrick all get to bring along some of their troops. I'd say about one Bladeship/Star Destroyer/Whatever the Imperium Equivlent would be worth.

That said please let there be some heroes other than Megas or well there goes your unobtainium.

doliest
2010-01-26, 09:18 AM
You really think Visser 3 would join the humans? He's more likely to join up with the Navi' just to spite Visser 1.

Cracklord
2010-01-26, 09:20 AM
Alright, how about Serenity? Mal, Wash, River, all them?
Or I could do the Enterprise, as the 41st millennium has obscene abilities in the overkill department.

Prime32
2010-01-26, 09:23 AM
Someone needs to be Domon Kasshu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnVCYOUB0gY).

darkblade
2010-01-26, 09:25 AM
You really think Visser 3 would join the humans? He's more likely to join up with the Navi' just to spite Visser 1.

No I thought he'd want the unobtainium for himself.

Alright, how about Serenity? Mal, Wash, River, all them?
Or I could do the Enterprise, as the 41st millennium has obscene abilities in the overkill department.

Damnit Cracklord. Pick someone and stick with it.

doliest
2010-01-26, 09:26 AM
Wait...isn't Cracklord doing Spock? I can't see him joining the humans either.

Well, what would the unobtainium do for him? It's used for commercial space flight; Z-space is still faster and more reliable.

industrious
2010-01-26, 09:27 AM
Science fiction, eh?...Resisting...urge...to...insert...Simon R Green series....

But unobtanium is profitable, and could be used for Yeerk experiments. Have to keep ahead of them Andalites somehow.

Urge successfully resisted. If nobody takes Serenity, I call River. And I'm using Ace Rimmer from Red Dwarf.

River Tam
http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/lens2197777_1228511369river_tam_psychic.jpg
1. Can kill you with her brain
2. Intuitive piloting ability
3. Expert Combat Ability
4. She's River Tam. Need I add any more?

Captain Ace Rimmer
http://www.dorm.org/~andy/reddwarf/picts/rimmer/ace.jpg
1. Solid light hologrammatic entity
2. Made to be the multiverse's biggest bad@ss
3. Even the Guys want Him
4. Highly advanced prototype spacecraft, and expert piloting skills

darkblade
2010-01-26, 09:29 AM
Wait...isn't Cracklord doing Spock? I can't see him joining the humans either.

He replaced Spock with a guy from Warhammer 40K.

Well, what would the unobtainium do for him? It's used for commercial space flight; Z-space is still faster and more reliable.

I haven't seen Avatar yet so I had no idea what it was used for.

Edit: Industrious consider River and Rimmer approved.

Cracklord
2010-01-26, 09:29 AM
Just a suggestion for other players. I've got my team.
Yarrick and the Emperor.

doliest
2010-01-26, 09:31 AM
We all must resist urges; I resisted the urge to use a Harry Turtledove character in the Eragon game or Twilight game. Do you know how f***ing hard it was to NOT play Teddy Roosevelt?

Cracklord
2010-01-26, 09:33 AM
You know, he has been suggested in three games. Three.

doliest
2010-01-26, 09:35 AM
It's cause' he's awesome. I've also been trying to justify Andrew Jackson to myself, but short of 'Superboy Prime punching reality' or 'It's magic I don't have to explain it.'