PDA

View Full Version : "Wereminators": Ridiculously Awesome or Awesomely Ridiculous?

Muz
2010-01-19, 04:30 PM
Or both?

An idea popped into my mind while pondering something else semi-related that I now wish to share with you for your own judgement. Put simply, it stems from this question:

What happens when a werewolf scratches a terminator?

Living tissue, yes? So, obviously...terminator werewolves! Or lycanthropian terminators! Wereminators?

This strikes me as an idea akin to T-rexes in F-15s; stupid, yes, but the geek-camp factor is quite high. ...Or am I merely insane, as someone else has told me in response to this idea? :smallbiggrin:

pita
2010-01-19, 04:51 PM
I smell smash hit, mediocre sequel, and bad, overdone, straight to DVD movies, possibly a gritty reboot, possibly a TV show as well.
Made all the more likely since Joss Whedon has been angling to buy the Terminator franchise.
Good job.

DraPrime
2010-01-19, 04:59 PM
Or both?

An idea popped into my mind while pondering something else semi-related that I now wish to share with you for your own judgement. Put simply, it stems from this question:

What happens when a werewolf scratches a terminator?

Living tissue, yes? So, obviously...terminator werewolves! Or lycanthropian terminators! Wereminators?

This strikes me as an idea akin to T-rexes in F-15s; stupid, yes, but the geek-camp factor is quite high. ...Or am I merely insane, as someone else has told me in response to this idea? :smallbiggrin:

I think what would happen, is that the living tissue would attempt to become wolf-like. However, since the metal skeleton is unaffected, it would just be a mangled mess since it would resist the change of the flesh. Basically, you'd just have the muscles contort on the terminator, tear off, and then the metal skeleton would be left thinking "what just happened?"

comicshorse
2010-01-19, 05:33 PM
Or if the Terminator gets bitten by a Vampire ?

SPARKLY TERMINATORS !!!!!!:smallsmile:

Zencao
2010-01-19, 05:38 PM
I think what would happen, is that the living tissue would attempt to become wolf-like. However, since the metal skeleton is unaffected, it would just be a mangled mess since it would resist the change of the flesh. Basically, you'd just have the muscles contort on the terminator, tear off, and then the metal skeleton would be left thinking "what just happened?"

And it would look Awesome.

Muz
2010-01-19, 05:54 PM

Oooh, so it's sort of an inversion of the werewolf concept. You've got a terminator that, on top of it's previous durability, requires silver bullets to damage, but every full moon it turns into a furry mass of floppy flesh too big for its endoskeleton, hence making it useless and vulnerable! :smallbiggrin:

Or if the Terminator gets bitten by a Vampire ?

SPARKLY TERMINATORS !!!!!!:smallsmile:

You, sir, get the heck out of my thread. :smallwink: (Kidding. But the concept does horrify me. So kudos. :smallbiggrin:)

T-O-E
2010-01-19, 06:49 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about some form of media featuring modern werewolf exterminators.
*Nabs idea*

Athaniar
2010-01-20, 11:02 AM
No, the real question is: what would happen if a Borg drone infected a Terminator with its nanoprobes? Would it be fully assimilated?

Muz
2010-01-20, 01:20 PM
And could Borg nanoprobes override T-X control impulses or nanoprobes or whatever IT used?

And could either of those overcome the werewolf curse? :smallbiggrin:

Mr. Scaly
2010-01-20, 01:25 PM
I'm going to jump to the logical conclusion of vampire-werewolf terminators that have been mummified and entombed for thousands of years then released when a voodoo priest calls on his legion of zombies to terrorise Mexico.

Muz
2010-01-20, 01:53 PM
I'm going to jump to the logical conclusion of vampire-werewolf terminators that have been mummified and entombed for thousands of years then released when a voodoo priest calls on his legion of zombies to terrorise Mexico.

...versus Predator.

Mr. Scaly
2010-01-20, 02:43 PM
...versus Predator.

...Is it too late to change my previous statement to replace terminator with predator? :smallbiggrin:

Ascension
2010-01-20, 02:52 PM
...versus Predator.

...on flaming motorcycles.

pita
2010-01-20, 03:25 PM
...on flaming motorcycles.

...that are made out of explosives.

Athaniar
2010-01-20, 03:34 PM
...Is it too late to change my previous statement to replace terminator with predator? :smallbiggrin:

Why not both? A T-800 with Yautja flesh instead of human.

Mr. Scaly
2010-01-20, 03:37 PM
Why not both? A T-800 with Yautja flesh instead of human.

Ah, then we'd need somebody else played by Arnold to comment on his physical unattractiveness.

raitalin
2010-01-20, 07:26 PM
Ah, then we'd need somebody else played by Arnold to comment on his physical unattractiveness.

Wise-cracking bionic ninja vampire hunter played by Chris Tucker?

chiasaur11
2010-01-20, 07:33 PM
Terminators built to infiltrate Predators and Aliens?

Sounds like the start of a heck of a fracas.

Our only hope... is Buckaroo Bonzai. AKA Robocop.

Eldan
2010-01-21, 02:24 AM

However, werewolves have super-regeneration.
Therefore, the living tissue tears itself off, then instantly regenerates into a full werewolf body. Which then fights the terminator metal skeleton.

Athaniar
2010-01-21, 05:13 AM
Another, vaguely on-topic question: could a Borg drone assimilate a Xenomorph? Can it penetrate the alien with its tubes (that sounded more dirty than intended), and can the nanoprobes "survive" in acid blood?

Eldan
2010-01-21, 05:15 AM
Well, Xenomorph blood is, frankly, ridiculously acidic. It eats through metal in seconds, yet the fleshy Xenomorph can survive it.
So, basically, it's plot powered.

Muz
2010-01-21, 11:59 AM
Another, vaguely on-topic question: could a Borg drone assimilate a Xenomorph? Can it penetrate the alien with its tubes (that sounded more dirty than intended), and can the nanoprobes "survive" in acid blood?

Oh, sure they could. But it would take about 6 or 7 tries for the Borg to properly adapt.:smallbiggrin:

But could a Borg'ed xenomorph outrun the Flash?

Athaniar
2010-01-21, 01:11 PM
My previous question does lead to another interesting question, however: can Borg have children?

Muz
2010-01-21, 04:57 PM
Well, we did see Borg babies in their very first TNG appearance. A better question is what happens if a Borg is mauled by a werewolf?

Eldan
2010-01-21, 05:05 PM
We get a Borgwolf. How long that ability is assimilated into the hivemind?

DraPrime
2010-01-21, 05:21 PM
However, werewolves have super-regeneration.
Therefore, the living tissue tears itself off, then instantly regenerates into a full werewolf body. Which then fights the terminator metal skeleton.

Well, I see another possibility. Some of the flesh gets ripped off, but the stuff that stays, regenerates, and then gets ripped off again. This will create an increasingly large pile of werewolf chunks that will only stop growing when the moon is no longer full.

chiasaur11
2010-01-21, 06:01 PM
Oh, sure they could. But it would take about 6 or 7 tries for the Borg to properly adapt.:smallbiggrin:

But could a Borg'ed xenomorph outrun the Flash?

Sure, why not?

(Or, to indulge my geekery, no. Xenoborgs have been built, and the fastest ones are standard speed, while the standard is slow as molasses. Wally West could run rings around any of them.)

Mr. Scaly
2010-01-21, 11:56 PM

"Damn! You are one ugly mother-"

Hmm...yep. I can picture it.

Yulian
2010-01-22, 12:43 AM
Terminators built to infiltrate Predators and Aliens?

Sounds like the start of a heck of a fracas.

Actually, it's been done in the Dark Horse Aliens comic series "Aliens: Hive". In that, a scientist built a xenomorph android to infiltrate a hive.

It went well...for a while.

- Yulian

Eldan
2010-01-22, 01:58 AM
Well, I see another possibility. Some of the flesh gets ripped off, but the stuff that stays, regenerates, and then gets ripped off again. This will create an increasingly large pile of werewolf chunks that will only stop growing when the moon is no longer full.

In that case, is were-meat edible? Can we solve world hunger that way?

chiasaur11
2010-01-22, 02:03 AM
Actually, it's been done in the Dark Horse Aliens comic series "Aliens: Hive". In that, a scientist built a xenomorph android to infiltrate a hive.

It went well...for a while.

- Yulian

Isn't that always the way?

Seriously, the only project that didn't go horribly wrong was the ATAX suit.

GoC
2010-01-23, 08:00 PM
Well, we did see Borg babies in their very first TNG appearance. A better question is what happens if a Borg is mauled by a werewolf?

The borg in that episode are a completely different borg from the assimilating ones.
Stupid retcons.:smallannoyed:

Lord of Syntax
2010-01-25, 05:23 AM
The borg in that episode are a completely different borg from the assimilating ones.
Stupid retcons.:smallannoyed:

Failure to know details is failtastic. They are babies that have been assimilated. Thank you, Voyager!

darkblade
2010-01-25, 05:28 AM
Failure to know details is failtastic. They are babies that have been assimilated. Thank you, Voyager!

Then shouldn't they have been locked away in hidden sections of the cube in "Maturation Pods"?

Da Beast
2010-01-25, 08:43 PM

This thought will forevermore haunt the darkest recesses of my mind.