PDA

View Full Version : The Last War Campaign (Eberron, 4e)

DragonBaneDM
2010-01-19, 08:30 PM
After I'm done running my current dragon slaying campaign, the title's in my name, I'm planning to run a campaign not only set during the Last War, but running the Last War.

I've been working on a large scale combat system for years now and figure it's time to give it a test run. The players will be rotating back and forth between running individual characters and entire armies. Their PCs are all officers or mighty warriors of one of the Five Nations or the surrounding countries.

The system's ready to roll, now the only things I need to know are what major events I absolutely need to make happen throughout the campaign that may not have been mentioned in the timeline at the beginning of the Eberron Campaign Guide.

Oh, that and ideas for different types of units. Loads upon loads of hundreds and hundreds. My concept for them is fairly easy, so designing one isn't that tough at all.

So, any advice or ideas before I get this underway?

Dusk Eclipse
2010-01-19, 09:30 PM
I am not sure, but I think I remember a big battle between Karnath and Thrane...something concerning a bridge.

.... I think the book five nations (3.5) might have some information for you it has some basic information on the nations before the war.

Also if any of you characters is interested in playing a dragonmarked character you maybe can run some House vs House conflict.

avr
2010-01-19, 10:15 PM
The first book you want is Forge of War, obviously. 3.5e but if you want the history, it's there.

Venerable
2010-01-19, 10:16 PM
Find a copy of the 3.5 Eberron book The Forge of War (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20070618a). It's got an extensive history of the war, detailing the causes, shifting alliances, and major events. Adapt to 4e.

durn ninjas!

DragonBaneDM
2010-01-19, 10:22 PM
Looks beautiful! Beautiful! I'm sure my one buddy can snag me the PDF at some point. :) Thanks a lot for that.

Any of you guys have ideas for units that are must haves for the Last War?

Dusk Eclipse
2010-01-19, 10:26 PM
Karnath is known for its necromancy prowess, so you should give them undead platoons (karnath zombies/skeletons are stronger than the MM entry though I am not sure if they were updated to 4e)

Thrane possibly would use much more Divine power than other.

Breland IIRC was all about martial power

and that's what I can recall of-hand

AgentPaper
2010-01-19, 10:38 PM
If you could share this years-in-the-making mass combat system, it'd sure make it a lot easier to give ideas for units and such. Or even just to give advice on the system itself. :smallwink:

paulosvarrus
2010-06-11, 07:08 PM
I would also love to see your mass-combat system. I've been scouting out a bunch and honestly the best I've found comes from a site made around the theme of Xena Warrior Princess (still good mechanics for 4e dnd)

I'm also running a Last War campaign, but not mass scale, yet. Just the traditional party size.

AslanCross
2010-06-11, 07:30 PM
The 3.5 book Forge of War has the breakdown of the units of ALL of the factions during the Last War. A great majority of the book is lore, so it would work just fine with 4E.

EDIT: I was obviously not reading. :smallsigh: