PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Akitan (Requested Homebrew Race)

Drakevarg
2010-01-19, 09:02 PM
A requested homebrew for CTLC. The focus was to create a decent canine race with no level adjustment who was competant for both warriors and mages.

Not entirely sure if it's balanced correctly, so that's why I'm putting it out in the open instead of just PMing it. Give thoughts.

The fluff is CTLC's problem, hence the lack of it.

AKITAN

Racial Features
Akitan Charisma: Akitan have a racial Charisma Bonus of +2
Reckless: Akitan have a racial Wisdom Penalty of -2.
Bite: Akitan have a bite attack as a natural weapon that deals 1d6 damage. An Akitan's bite attack qualifies as a one-handed weapon in regards to Strength Modifiers to damage.
Low-Light Vision: Akitan can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. It retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
Fleet of Foot: Akitan have a base speed of 40 ft.

CTLC
2010-01-19, 09:04 PM
thanks a bunch, ill write up the fluff tomorrow when im less busy, but by friday afternoon at the latest.

Drakevarg
2010-01-19, 09:06 PM
What do you think of the name? Unoriginal, I know, but the image in my head was definitely a jackal-headed type.

CTLC
2010-01-19, 09:10 PM
i imagined them more as akitas at first. [im sorry i read bleach, dam adorable puppy-people] which i think fits really well with the loyalty and pride idea i have.
the jackal head feels a bit too high and mighty, and too yippy.
akitites? inuites? puppy-people?

Drakevarg
2010-01-19, 09:14 PM
I went with Akitan.

CTLC
2010-01-19, 09:15 PM
good choice :smallbiggrin: